Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 745 746 747 748 749 750 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:13 pm
Depends on who you are. I would get pissed at that, but I'm already pissed at something else.

Now, I get done with my first two finals today, go to work at my mom's store since we get half-days on final exam days (and we do three days, two finals per day), everything was going alright, about to get home, parents call and tell me to go to the Verizon store 'cause my mom was getting a new phone and it was a buy one, get one. I have this LG piece of crap from last year which barely worked anymore, so I went over and was just rearing to get that sweet, sweet Alias 2 or a Droid like I'd been dropping hints forever.

EnV Touch. What the ********, who wants a ******** EnV Touch? Augh, this thing pisses me off so badly. Touch screen sucks, you can hardly scroll through menus without wanting to punch babies, the keyboard is far too wide for a phone, and you can't even zoom with the camera until after you take a picture and go to edit it. Even then, it only zooms towards the center so if you're trying to get something moving fast, if it isn't centered you have no chance. Augh, this stupid piece of s**t ******** phone... And worst of all, since my phone before was so shitty, they couldn't even transfer my data 'cause it was so crappy it didn't even take microSD cards. So, on top of all this s**t, I lost all my pictures, ringtones, and games. I could hardly use my other phone, but at least I didn't have to finger someone to get through the menu or grow my fingers three inches to text. ******** this suckfest.

*huff huff* Sorry. I just had undertones of "one of those days" and this just brought it to the surface.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:23 pm
Lol, I remember High School finals, I kicked a** at those things.

Of course now it's things like rise and fall of Ancients civilizations...I hate those things!

But honestly, I'm not a fan of the touchscreen either, I tend to make touch screens freakout or I freakout on them and it's just not a good combination. I like having my buttons thank you.

o8Orobouros8o

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:23 pm
Sorry, I can't really sympathize with you. I don't have a cellphone at all, and I don't even want one that badly.
A cellphone is a great convenience, but I'll be damned if I ever make it a necessity.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:25 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Sorry, I can't really sympathize with you. I don't have a cellphone at all, and I don't even want one that badly.
A cellphone is a great convenience, but I'll be damned if I ever make it a necessity.

O.O Blasphemy!

My cell phone died right after fall Semister ended and I'm still crying since I dn't get one til February -right on my bday actually, lol- but still, once you get one, you'll see why it's important.

o8Orobouros8o

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:31 pm
Well, I'm telling you, when I do get one, it'll have phone service, a camera just in case I meet someone famous, and that's it.
None of that web browser s**t, no texting, no games, no texting, no MP3 player, and NO TEXTING. Or as little of it as possible. But one thing's for sure, Texting is something I simply refuse to be a part of. Like Twitter.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:36 pm
I hate twitter as much as the next well adjusted and intelligent person, but everything else, the web and txting and games, anymore that sort of thing comes standard. And if you have a camera, you have a micro chip that will keep music. they link all that crap together, believe me.

Besides, one day you will be thankful for that little bejeweled/tetris demo they give you.  

o8Orobouros8o

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:42 pm
Well, even if the phone COMES with texting, I'll take no part in it.
Plus I got Tetris on my PSP. And I barely ever play it on the road anyway. If it's a long ride, I usually just watch concerts, which I converted to PSP format from DVDs.

But I'm surprisingly resilient when it comes down to losing a piece of technology. Between May and November of 2009, I didn't have a computer. And yes, it sucked, since I couldn't do any kind of vocal recording, or photoshop work, or anything of the sort, but I didn't grieve too badly over it...
And now, my PS3 is on the edge of being broken, so I'm not using it for the next little while, until I figure out the problem, I'm pretty much stuck with my PSP and PC games.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:00 pm
Urgh, I hate when my machines die on me, it's like having a piece of your soul break. I wonder if that means we've become too dependant on technology...

I guess really it's all just opinion, I can't stand Talking on the phone. It's much easier for me to write things out since I get flustered and tongue tied. But it does piss me off when a person with a full keyboard can't type out a full word! thnx? no, it's thanks. you're only leaving off two letters!

I actually met someone who didn't know what IDK stood for. makes me sad. so I can understand why you'd dislike texting.

o8Orobouros8o

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm
Well, like I said, I'm not grieving that much over my PS3. I can wait to play games. (Until the end of February, when Heavy Rain comes out. I'll have to get it working by then for sure.) I'm more grieving over the restitution money that I'll eventually have to pay. I got lucky with a $550 computer, but if my PS3 needs repairs, that's gonna be another $150 I'll have to dish out.

Well, the problem with texting is... Like, you see people at movie theaters, and they think that just because they're not TALKING, then they're not bothering anybody. And that's bullshit. When I'm close to the back row, and I'm trying to watch a movie, and I see this tiny, extremely bright dot below the screen, cause someone decides to text their friends in the middle of the movie, it annoys the hell outa me. It's probably worse and more distracting than to have someone actually quietly talking on the phone.
And that's another thing, the phone in itself should be a convenience, not a necessity. You go to this place to meet up your friends, you call them, "Hey guys, where are you? Oh, you're on your way? Okay, I'm waiting here." Done.
If you're gonna have a full discussion on the cell phone, then maybe it's okay if it's business related.
But calling your friends from the bus just to chat... Yeah, I'm one of those people, it annoys the hell outa me. There's nothing you can say to your friends, that can't wait until you see them, or get home and call them from home.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:17 pm
Biohazard EXTREME

Well, the problem with texting is... Like, you see people at movie theaters, and they think that just because they're not TALKING, then they're not bothering anybody. And that's bullshit. When I'm close to the back row, and I'm trying to watch a movie, and I see this tiny, extremely bright dot below the screen, cause someone decides to text their friends in the middle of the movie, it annoys the hell outa me. It's probably worse and more distracting than to have someone actually quietly talking on the phone.

Oh, believe you me, I personally b***h people out if they do that during a movie. I have no problem laying the boom down on them. I just think it's useful if you're in somewhere like a library and you're trying to be quiet. Which I actually do quite a bit. And it's useful for maybe just asking someone a quick question without pestering them really quickly, if you think/know that they're somewhere where it's supposed to be quiet.

But yeah, movie theaters, I just shut my phone off. You know, like they tell you to. razz  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:29 pm
Oh, I'm sure it's great for libraries, but dude... Don't you think that's kinda how it starts out with everybody? And if you have that kind of self control, where you're not brought down to such a low level of a human being... Where you're actually sitting at home, and you're texting with people? Where texting becomes an activity, where someone says, "What are you doing?" And you reply, "I'm texting."
It's great if you have that kind of power over yourself, but look at the world around you. Pretty much everyone else, probably started with libraries, and necessities, but now, they're finding themselves... Okay, here's to put it in perspective. My cousin leaves for New York for a weekend, by the time she came back, she had sent out roughly $200 worth of text messages, since her unlimited texting is not covered in the US. That's how dependant people are about texting. And yes, there's at least 3 douchebags in every movie theater who can't help but text in the middle of the movie. And I honestly think they should be kicked out. If you don't wanna see the movie, leave room for someone else.

And that's not restricted to the movies. It doesn't matter where you are, it's like, "Oh, I jsut got a text," this person replies. Two minutes later, they get another one, they reply. Last time I checked, texting was supposed to be a convenient alternative to emails, not messengers.

Either way, if you can restrict it to libraries, that's fine. When I get a phone, I'm not gonna even touch the texting. If someone texts me, I'm CALLING them right back.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:38 pm
The thing that bugs me the most is texting during meals.

Having said that, if I'm in the cafeteria and my biggest crush just sat next to me, of course I'm going to text my best friend for advice on the matter.

Also, if you called me when I'm trying to text you instead, I'm going to stumble over my words. And if you call me during a slow part of my class I'm going to get in trouble. I know, you're going to say I shouldn't be texting during class, but if my work is done or we're waiting for the teacher to show up I'm going to find something to do that is quiet and not invasive or annoying. My voice raises like, three octives when I speak on the phone.

o8Orobouros8o

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:00 pm
Yeah, I think you shouldn't be texting in the middle of class. So, I'm sorry, but if anyone's gonna text me during class, it would be my pleasure to disturb the whole class and get you in trouble. And I'll laugh about it afterwards.

See, that's the problem though... I mean, if you find yourself texting during class... If THAT'S the most productive non-invasive thing you can do during class... That's exactly why texting should be banned. I mean, okay, so you text during the non-busy part of class. Then you end up texting every time you get free five minutes. You text while in line at a store, you text while you're on the bus, etc. etc. etc.

When I was bored in class, I doodled. It was creative and far more productive than, "wat u up to" to my friends.
I'm not judging you. It's not your fault, it's more of a problem with our generation. But I do think it's a problem.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:25 pm
Txting is uber kewl.

So, I refocused my concentration on playing the Crystal Bearers (It's pretty good despite all the negative criticism), so I won't be ready for No More Heroes 2 when it comes out (Probably not for weeks). So Canas, please no spoilers!

Also, I probably won't be able to get FFXIII right away either (there's a game coming out for the Wii that I've been looking forward to playing for a year now), so for whoever plans to get that, no spoilers either please!

I know there's still a while to go, but I'm just letting you know now.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:07 pm
Well, my priorities for February and March are Heavy Rain and God of War 3, so no FF13, no White Knight Chronicles... Nothing else, basically. And even before Heavy Rain, I need to get my PS3 in shape... *fingers crossed*  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 745 746 747 748 749 750 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games