Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 745 746 747 748 749 750 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:31 pm
¬.¬
Snooker is cool! I want to play it too... But unfortunately the last time I tried I kept on missing the ball entirely, because I couldn't aim the cue.

Uhh... I hate netball. It's the most boring and pointless sport ever. All you do is stand there waiting for someone to pass the ball. You're not allowed to move with the ball, and nor are you allowed to get the ball off someone else. Basketball is way funner, except our girls' version of basketball involves a lot of cat-fighting and people accidently punching each other xD

I cannot do any sport competently at all. But I'm so bad at athletics it's not even funny... I can't run to save my life, and my maximum throw is like, what... 11 metres? And we were doing shotput last week, and I could barely LIFT the ball, let alone throw it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:05 pm
I was the same in year 7/8. I sucked at nearly every sport and could barely run 200 metres without running out of breath.

Do you suck at swimming as well? Surprisingly swimming is the sport I'm the best at. I can probably swim 50m freestyle in less than 40 seconds at the fastest.  

Minielf

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:35 am
Are we on sports now? The only sport I'll be participating in will be a race to survive my end of semester exams!!!

4 hours on my birthday, dammit!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:59 am
Haha, I know I would suck at snooker / pool so I always resist when I'm out with my male friends who have a penchant for playing it.

Well, netball is a heck load better than hockey and lacrosse - the other two sports that are compulsory at my school from Year 7 to 9. I was allowed to drop two of them for Years 10 and 11 and chose to keep netball.

Hahaaa, I hated athletics. Especially marathon running. Couldn't even do the 800m, couldn't be bothered. xD

I'm an elegant swimmer rather than a fast swimmer. My freestyle is my fastest but I have the most endurance with backstroke. Both of them, my mother claims, I swim prettily, but I'm not fast and I have crap endurance. I could do over 40 lengths with backstroke and not be tired at all, but not with freestyle. I suck at breast stroke... Just don't go there. ^^;;  

Chibito7

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:14 pm
Hmm... Actually, I'm not that bad at hockey. It'd fun to tackle people and watch their faces as you get the ball away from them. I can aim the ball, I only suck at it because I can't whack it hard enough.

I'm not that great at swimming, but I'm not really bad either. I'm kinda normal, though I'm still behind because my year seems to be super-brilliant at swimming... There's a girl who got her 1500m swimming badge when she was like... 6 or something.

Our school doesn't do lacrosse, even though we have the net things.

We have a croquet lawn, too, but I've only ever seen people playing croquet on it once, and that was a group of junior school pupils. Most of the time people just see it as a normal patch of grass.

And despite the fact that our school's called Badminton, we do not actually practice the sport ¬.¬
(Well, there is a badminton club for boarders, that's it.)

O.O I only just found out there is a colour chart for Gaia. And I've been here since '06. How sad is that...

And I was wondering how people type in colours that are not on the drop-down list ¬.¬

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:08 pm
Niphy ROCKS at pool. Gavin taught me how to play properly last term (:

In other news: hi guys! <3  

Niphz
Crew

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:27 am
O.O Gavin seems very multi-talented, if that even makes sense.

Hmm. I noticed that I haven't brought back my files for the weekend, and I have exams next week ¬.¬
Is it normal to care less and less about your studies as you get older? Seriously. By the time I'm doing A level, I'll probably be skiving school as well...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:02 pm
Lulululz darling, you're only little. 'Getting older' indeed. Basically up until year 11 it's all fun and games, you don't really have to care, but after GCSE it speeds up a bit. Also, wtf is up with the library?  

Niphz
Crew

Minielf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:51 pm
Breaking news: Federer won the French Open. He's now officially the greatest tennis player of all time, surpassing Pete Sampras, who couldn't win the French.

Also, in some rather disturbing news, Victoria has the highest Swine Flu infection rate in the world. I guess winter conditions+average seasonal flu+Melbourne's weird climate has meant it's far easier for people down here to get infected than any other place in the world. The chances of me coming down with Swine Flu is probably something like 1/10 now. ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:18 am
LOL on the tube in London if you sneeze loudly and talk about Mexico people like vacate seats to avoid you. Such a good rush-hour tactic XD  

Niphz
Crew

Miss Tuxie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:06 pm
wow eek  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:22 am
Yay Federer! surprised  

cold_blooded_chick

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:37 pm
Federer's match was so funny. Did you see when a spectator came and jumped at him and tried to smother him with a towel? At least 8 huge bodyguards came up to him and tried to tackle him xD

@ Niphy: They just spent a load of money updating the library. They're still waiting for people's books to come back before they move the fiction library into what used to be the project room... No wonder all the good books have been disappearing off the shelves lately.

But I really don't see the difference. We still have the same chairs, it's only the shelves and lighting that have changed (and the blinds, thank goodness). And they extended the door for no reason, so now it's got this angular bit sticking out the top and we have to get through two sets of doors instead of one to get in. I mean, talk about a waste of time.

The only good thing about it is that it no longer stinks. And we have a new librarian who has so far evaded everyone's sight, 'cause no-one can tell me what he/she looks like.

O.O Do you have to remember a lot of poetry for Latin GCSE? Everyone taking the course in year 10 seems to be dying.

Oh and do you get a ridiculously long time to do the paper? I hope it's not like all the Latin tests we've had so far. Today I finished the paper, looked up and saw that everyone else was still writing, then I looked at the clock and realised I still had 40 minutes left @o@
They wouldn't let me read, so I copied my translation out again without all the scribbles, re-checked it twice and decorated my exam paper ¬.¬

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:36 am
Putting on nail polish is an art form unto itself... confused  

cold_blooded_chick

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:38 pm
@ CBC: Yes! It is even harder than painting crying
I am so clumsy with nail-polish... Not that I have had much practice of it. I tried to paint daisies over it once, and it mixed up and went semi-transparent...

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 745 746 747 748 749 750 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games