Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Hippie Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild promoting peace, love and music. 

Tags: Hippie, Flower Child, Peace, Love, Music 

Reply The Gaian Hippie Guild
Hippie Campgrounds - CHAT Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 91 92 93 94 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sierra Silvermoon
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:59 am
I guess some peoples have the need to say "Hey look at me, I have arrived to rebel against everything you stand for." Then there's some that just like the fashion. Like all the trippy colors & stuff. Either way thier making a statement about who they are.

Just like it was cool to be a hippie in the 60's & 70's. A free spirit that wanted to change the world. Now after alot of goth stuff (clothes attitude ect.) has become mainstream, every other kid you see is "goth". & they are trying to make thier mark on the world. Whatever that might be...

Sorry for rambling. lol *claims page 75 before she leaves* razz

I'm gone. *poofs*

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:43 pm
Sierra Silvermoon
I guess some peoples have the need to say "Hey look at me, I have arrived to rebel against everything you stand for." Then there's some that just like the fashion. Like all the trippy colors & stuff. Either way thier making a statement about who they are.

Just like it was cool to be a hippie in the 60's & 70's. A free spirit that wanted to change the world. Now after alot of goth stuff (clothes attitude ect.) has become mainstream, every other kid you see is "goth". & they are trying to make thier mark on the world. Whatever that might be...

I'm gone. *poofs*

Well, I like tye dyes and the like just because I think they're visually stimulating!! And I just want to be left alone, which for some reason in the U.S. translates into "rebel."  

StandingOnTheMoon

Sierra Silvermoon
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:46 am
EarlFruitbat
Sierra Silvermoon

I'm gone. *poofs*

Well, I like tye dyes and the like just because I think they're visually stimulating!! And I just want to be left alone, which for some reason in the U.S. translates into "rebel."

True enough. Here are my thoughts on that tho no one asked. lol

Those that like to be left alone are seen as loners & there for could be dangerous. This is because society views them as anti-social. If they are not part of the main-stream, then they must be "rebelling" against it. This is because the "loner" does not "share" thier thoughts & feelings with everyone they come across. Soooo that leaves room for every curious person to wonder what that person is about & what they might be up to or into. So then the rumors start to fly & before you know it, **WHAM!** your labeled a rebel & bad boy/girl even before anyone really gets to know you. Kinda sad isnt it... sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:03 am
Sierra Silvermoon
EarlFruitbat
Sierra Silvermoon

I'm gone. *poofs*

True enough. Here are my thoughts on that tho no one asked. lol

Those that like to be left alone are seen as loners & there for could be dangerous. This is because society views them as anti-social. If they are not part of the main-stream, then they must be "rebelling" against it. This is because the "loner" does not "share" thier thoughts & feelings with everyone they come across. Soooo that leaves room for every curious person to wonder what that person is about & what they might be up to or into. So then the rumors start to fly & before you know it, **WHAM!** your labeled a rebel & bad boy/girl even before anyone really gets to know you. Kinda sad isnt it... sweatdrop

Oh, I think if you go even farther back, you'd get to the Puritans. They didn't believe ANYONE should be enjoying life. If you enjoy life, you're being SINFUL. And they certainly didn't believe in letting others live their lives!!!

Imagine how cool if either the Dutch or the Swedish had become the dominant power in North America!!! Well, if they were the non-Calvinist kind, that is.  

StandingOnTheMoon

Sierra Silvermoon
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:57 am
EarlFruitbat
Oh, I think if you go even farther back, you'd get to the Puritans. They didn't believe ANYONE should be enjoying life. If you enjoy life, you're being SINFUL. And they certainly didn't believe in letting others live their lives!!!

Imagine how cool if either the Dutch or the Swedish had become the dominant power in North America!!! Well, if they were the non-Calvinist kind, that is.

Well what you said about the Puritans is true. Tho I don't know much about Dutch or Swedish culture to imagine anything. You say Dutch I think chocolate ice cream & Swedish brings forth the image of tall, blonde people or swiss miss cocoa. redface lol

*Claims her stupidity on this subject*

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:39 am
Sierra Silvermoon
EarlFruitbat

Well what you said about the Puritans is true. Tho I don't know much about Dutch or Swedish culture to imagine anything. You say Dutch I think chocolate ice cream & Swedish brings forth the image of tall, blonde people or swiss miss cocoa. redface lol

*Claims her stupidity on this subject*

Sweden and The Netherlands are far more liberal than the United States. But I'm sure back in the day, they had their own share of batshit insane Puritan types.  

StandingOnTheMoon

Sierra Silvermoon
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:42 am
More than likely as there are always some to spoil the fun of others. 3nodding

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:01 pm
Kay, Gaia Towns question lol. I started actually visiting the towns and such today and I want to put my house down somewhere. I find vacancies, but the option to put my house there eludes me even though I have a permit.. Or so I think I do. I went to the housing commission and got one. Do I have to reserve a spot before I can move in? I read the instructions but I still don't know how you're supposed to do it. sweatdrop Hehe.. Thanks.  

Jade Bagel

Darkfist007
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:42 pm
001349 is me and Sierras zipcode. Theres no room, but the near by ones have room. 3nodding
You just go to an empty space and click on the sign and your home is built.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:01 am
Okay, thanks. I don't see any signs though. Maybe all the vacant spaces have been reserved or something. sweatdrop Maybe its just glitched. Oh well.  

Jade Bagel

Sierra Silvermoon
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:50 am
Yeah that happened to me too. I had to go to the housing commission 3 times before I actually got my permit. gonk My buy & cancel buttons never showed up so I figured if it was free then I had gotten my permit. Wrong. even tho it doesn't cost you any gold you still have to click the "buy" button to recieve your permit. Once you do & go into towns, the signs should appear. 3nodding

I'm not saying this was your problem but if it was I hoped this help. xd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:18 pm
didn't happen to me, and if any one wants to know my zipcode is 001912 and there's alot of empty space there.  

LymanAlpha

Eloquent Elder

4,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

LymanAlpha

Eloquent Elder

4,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:21 pm
pinkfloydfanatic54
didn't happen to me, and if any one wants to know my zipcode is 001912 and there's alot of empty space there.
hey that's the name of a pink floyd song "empty spaces" of course i would point that out  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:51 pm
Oh. I think I have a permit already 'cause when I click the button for it, the NPC says "There are currently no additional permits available." So I guess that's not it. xp

Jade Bagel

LymanAlpha

Eloquent Elder

4,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:54 pm
Jade Bagel
Oh. I think I have a permit already 'cause when I click the button for it, the NPC says "There are currently no additional permits available." So I guess that's not it. xp
must not be  
The Gaian Hippie Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 91 92 93 94 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games