Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
HTC Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 85 86 87 88 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:03 am
Xennified
I've only been doing it for about a year, I did some stuff in college the year before I started university but not very much. I know most of the concepts behind web design, though there's a lot of more general design stuff I still have to learn. I haven't got far into the programming side of web yet either.

It's pretty important with web design to think of function first, create the base site, then keep adding layers of cool stuff on top of that. That way people who are on basic devices that don't support all the latest features can still get a fully functional and decent looking site.

I think more sites should just adopt templates instead of starting from scratch. Get yourself a wordpress theme, add in some packages to that, you have yourself a fully functional site that only needs to have some new css (unless you are lame and just use the template directly)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:19 am
00Shoe
Xennified
I've only been doing it for about a year, I did some stuff in college the year before I started university but not very much. I know most of the concepts behind web design, though there's a lot of more general design stuff I still have to learn. I haven't got far into the programming side of web yet either.

It's pretty important with web design to think of function first, create the base site, then keep adding layers of cool stuff on top of that. That way people who are on basic devices that don't support all the latest features can still get a fully functional and decent looking site.

I think more sites should just adopt templates instead of starting from scratch. Get yourself a wordpress theme, add in some packages to that, you have yourself a fully functional site that only needs to have some new css (unless you are lame and just use the template directly)

In my opinion that'd take out a lot of the fun! x.x
If someone's not great at web stuff then yeah go with a template and edit it to their ability, but I'd rather build sites from scratch myself and I'm sure most people who know how feel the same way.  

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:43 pm
Xennified
If someone's not great at web stuff then yeah go with a template and edit it to their ability, but I'd rather build sites from scratch myself and I'm sure most people who know how feel the same way.

A template is just a launching point! You can do so much with it to make it your own!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:15 pm
00Shoe
Xennified

A template is just a launching point! You can do so much with it to make it your own!

Of course! But I'd still rather have as much control as possible over the whole thing. It doesn't take that long to make a rather basic layout anyway.  

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:32 am
Xennified
Of course! But I'd still rather have as much control as possible over the whole thing. It doesn't take that long to make a rather basic layout anyway.

True.

What are some of your favourite site designs?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:52 am
00Shoe
Xennified

True.

What are some of your favourite site designs?

Hmm, I can't think of sites I use regularly that really stand out to me as a favourite design.
A friend of mine made this redesign of the Lapfox site which is pretty nice! It should be going up as the main site at some point soon.
Awwwards has some awesome designs, though personally I'm not a huge fan of the site itself's design.
Do you have any favourite designs? Including software, since you mentioned that.

In an unrelated note, you know how I said before I didn't think it'd snow here again? It's snowing again. x.x  

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:13 am
Xennified
In an unrelated note, you know how I said before I didn't think it'd snow here again? It's snowing again. x.x

I wish it would snow at city level here. Sure the mountains get tonnes, but I want some snow at my place!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:46 am
00Shoe
Xennified

I wish it would snow at city level here. Sure the mountains get tonnes, but I want some snow at my place!

I need to go buy food but I wanna stay inside where it's warm!  

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:19 am
Xennified

Whats wrong with a nice walk through the snow?!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:06 pm
00Shoe
Xennified

Whats wrong with a nice walk through the snow?!

When you have to walk down a busy road and it's all slushy and there's puddles you have to run past to make sure a car doesn't splash you with freezing cold dirty water. D:  

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Hogosha neko

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:29 pm
Had to drop this in here, because whenever I see a ferret I think of 00shoe.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:05 pm
Hogosha neko
Had to drop this in here, because whenever I see a ferret I think of 00shoe.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oh man... that looks so fun!  

00Shoe
Captain

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:06 pm
Xennified
When you have to walk down a busy road and it's all slushy and there's puddles you have to run past to make sure a car doesn't splash you with freezing cold dirty water. D:

Ah well that isn't snow. That is slush!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:56 pm
00Shoe
Xennified

Ah well that isn't snow. That is slush!

Well yeah, but it was still snowing and had been for a couple of days ahah. Most of it was still snow, it just turns to slush in busy places! Most of it's turned to ice or melted now.  

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:11 am
Xennified
Well yeah, but it was still snowing and had been for a couple of days ahah. Most of it was still snow, it just turns to slush in busy places! Most of it's turned to ice or melted now.

Well then biggrin

Aside from possible wet feet, how is your day progressing?  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 85 86 87 88 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games