Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Onoj

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:36 pm
I love snow!!! Every year here it doesn't snow very much but we get at least one snow day every year. But some of my best memories have taken place on a snow day and when we actually get one I will share my favorite one. Oh P.S. if Closer is reading this he knows which one it is because it brought him immense pain! wink  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:50 pm
Woo! One thousandth and one hundred and eleventy-ith post for this thread! I feel all Bilbo-ish... whee  

Slacktopian

Girl-Crazy Smoker

Imyavie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:50 pm
Its still not snowing hither. Hopefully it'll come soon. crying
Btw, you green hair looks cool Nienna!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:18 pm
Thanks! The funny thing is, I've actually dyed my hair green IRL before... And red, and purple... sweatdrop

It's just plain black now, though. 3nodding

*hopes for snow*  

Slacktopian

Girl-Crazy Smoker

Nimbrethil

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:35 pm
-1? That's like summer! xd

I think sledding is my favourite snow-related outdoor activity.
Followed by building snowpeople/forts and having snowball fights with elaborate snow trenches and walls.

...I am going to be so sick of snow by January. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:56 pm
Yay it is my turn to switch topics! Does anyone play Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds here? Not as much fun or as classic as Age of Empires but still a good buy. I started playing it again after about three years of inactivity. I also started a new Jedi Academy game again...even though it is the easiest game in the world. rolleyes Easier than its predecesors and that's isn't saying much.  

Onoj

Thaxul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:04 am
I have played Jedi Knights in my cousins a while ago, didnt play it much though. I thought it was good enough, though I was crap at it. I just needed time to get used to it.

this has been my luckiest week ever! I got two pinklinks in one day, and enchanted trunk the next, yesterday I got A pinkbox, and just now I got a bluebox! whee

back to games....  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:23 am
Nimbrethil
-1? That's like summer! xd

I think sledding is my favourite snow-related outdoor activity.
Followed by building snowpeople/forts and having snowball fights with elaborate snow trenches and walls.

...I am going to be so sick of snow by January. sweatdrop

gonk *Is jealous*  

Khorkalba

Caeleste

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:29 am
We have at least a foot of snow by now. All accumulated in the past 4 days.
Our school never closes, because we're off the island of Montreal, and the guy who decides which schools close is on the island. It was freezing rain and we swerved off the road into a park by my house, and yet our school wasn't closed because...it was only snowing on the island.
Heh. And once it was -40 c, snow had piled up to about 5 feet, the wind was horrid, and we still had to go to school. And wait outside for the bus for about an hour.
We found out later that just about every school had been closed but ours.

Sometimes I hate the backwoods.

Hey! I'm a heathen! I've never seen any Star Wars movie. =D

EDIT: Hmm...just got Firefox. Let's see how this works.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:50 am
Snow talk moreso.....

I didn't get a single snow day last year. Not one. NONE. AT ALL..

My stepsisters, living in the neighbouring city, got like...five. And they had the same amount of snow as us. It's evil.  

Zurgi

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:55 am
Zurgiea
Snow talk moreso.....

I didn't get a single snow day last year. Not one. NONE. AT ALL..

My stepsisters, living in the neighbouring city, got like...five. And they had the same amount of snow as us. It's evil.

...Schools should not be closed down just because it's snowing, anyway. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:06 am
But if you take a bus to school and the roads aren't suitable for driving, then what can you do?

I don't think my school ever gets completely closed down, but buses get cancelled. And I take one bus from my house to an elementary school, and a transfer bus from there to my actual school, so if one of the buses gets cancelled, I don't have to go! Woo.  

curumo

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:19 am
At my college, if transportation becomes a problem then you just don't go. It's our choice. They won't declare a snow day or anything like that, like they used to at school.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:00 am
I want a snow-day, it never snows heavy enough for us to get one. sad  

Thaxul

Onoj

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:51 am
Yeah Longbow snow days are only accounted for in the Public School systems. Here in my backwater USA town we only declare snow days if the roads are too dangerous for the general public, and buses, to drive on. We live in the country and so over half of the population of our city lives down dirt roads and gravel roads that freeze and ice over like none other. As for our colleges they don't declare snow days. You can just not go as it is not mandatory to go to class anyways. Like my "girlfriend" the other accidentaly slept through her Spanish final...all she has to do is go make it up on Monday. Lol  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games