Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 748 749 750 751 752 753 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:04 am
Now, I haven't played Shattered Memories OR SH4 yet... but I know I've loved every one I've played.

By the way...

HI GUYS! Hahaha! I hate taking these huge hiatus' from Gaia. I should be able to be on on the weekends now. I'm doing my student teaching, so I'm teaching middle school kids music during the week. I miss all of you terribly though.

So, give me the skinny so I don't have to read 68 pages of Grill? heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:22 pm
Ah, 'tis all the same ol' skinny. Good to see you back...Don't make me say that, aaagain lol.

Anyone a Coco fan here? Man, I miss him already...F***ing NBC.

Also, I put restarting MGS3 on hold to play FFX lol. 2 hours in, and it's like, "the f***? The hell is goin' on?" Intriguing, but why does everyone have Parkinson's disease?  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:38 am
Bit of a waste, I'd say. I got about half way through FFX, and then lost interest.
My friend showed me the ending, eventually, and I was glad I didn't waste my time beating it.
Don't tell me you're gonna play X-2 afterwards?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:18 am
How is it a waste? FFX is an awesome game. razz

And so's X-2, for that matter. The return of the ATB and the reimagining of the Job system in the dress sphere grids alone make it a fun game, not to mention the continuation of the story from X, another good thing.

And no, don't give me the "It's just girls, laaaame!" speech. Lots of men in FF could be considered women, especially these last few games.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

UmbraGallus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:22 am
Yeah i'm not that interested in FFX. However it's safe to say that all the Final Fantasy games are debatable on which ones are good and which ones suck. But it's always all based on personal preference in story. I for one enjoy XII's story very much as i can relate to Final Fantasy Tactics and the world of politicians and corruption. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:23 pm
Canas Renvall
How is it a waste? FFX is an awesome game. razz

And so's X-2, for that matter. The return of the ATB and the reimagining of the Job system in the dress sphere grids alone make it a fun game, not to mention the continuation of the story from X, another good thing.

And no, don't give me the "It's just girls, laaaame!" speech. Lots of men in FF could be considered women, especially these last few games.

Yes, I suppose if you're a heartless robot, you would like that game. I mean, technically, it's not broken, the graphics are nice and pretty. But god forbid you should make an opinion on the storyline.
They basically turned a priestess into a mix between Britney Spears and Lara Croft. That's ******** up. I mean, that's like taking Jill, turning her hair blonde and making her a boss--- Err...

Now, granted, they didn't really ruin that great of a character, with Yuna, but still, it's a total reversal. Why didn't they just make an original game out of it? Who gives a s**t what happened to Tidus? He was like... The worst FF protagonist... Probably to date.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:33 pm
Yes, Bio, you got me. I have no emotions. But I know now why you cry. razz

And I believe I did make an opinion. And it's FF, when is anything sacred? She realized being a summoner was just a crock of s**t tradition and ditched it completely.

As for the worst protagonist, lawl, Firion would like a word with you.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:10 pm
@Notte: Hey! Not much has happened...

@Chase: I'm with Coco! I hope he gets a show on another network but of course, that won't be for another seven months thanks to his damn contract. TV won't be the same without him. cry

@Bio: Congrats on getting a job! BTW, I'm really close to beating Persona 4. I struggled against the final boss a little so I'm going to alter my party a little. I had Yukiko, Teddie, and Kanji, but I'm going to trade Teddie for Yosuke since he has good support magic and I could really use it. Yukiko is a great healer and I got plenty of healing and revival items if I need them, so I don't think I need Teddie as a backup. I just need to level Yosuke up 7-8 levels. razz

@Canas: I liked X-2, but it wasn't that good in the story department. It's obviously a title for female fans, and while it especially pandered to me during my weeaboo years, it's pretty lame now. But I still love the dress spheres. heart  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:26 pm
Canas Renvall
Yes, Bio, you got me. I have no emotions. But I know now why you cry. razz
Well, that was your justification. "It's got solid gameplay and the return of the ATB."
And honestly, man, the best part about FFX was the LACK of ATB. Turn after turn after turn after turn actually made the battles go smooth, without having to wait 5 - 15 seconds for your character's bar to fill up, and if the enemy is slow, you'll be waiting there for 10 seconds with nothing happening in the battle whatsoever.
In any case, point is, great gameplay (especially in RPGs) doesn't justify crappy storyline.

Canas Renvall

And I believe I did make an opinion. And it's FF, when is anything sacred? She realized being a summoner was just a crock of s**t tradition and ditched it completely.
Just because it's not sacred (unless you count the fact that she was a summoner, and they kinda considered that sacred), doesn't make it acceptable. Like, if FFX had Yuna start out with two guns, and singing J-Pop in English, or whatever, it would STILL suck.
I mean, if in FFXIII, Lightning falls in love with the most feminine guy in the game, it would suck, and I'm not gonna bother with it. Not because something else is sacred, or there's some kind of status quo. It's just a crappy device, and I don't wanna play it. Simple as that.

Canas Renvall

As for the worst protagonist, lawl, Firion would like a word with you.
Well, I haven't actually played FF2... Now, girly looking as he may be, I have a hard time believing that Firion is MORE of a whiny little b***h with a voice more annoying than Steve Burnside's. Because that's how I'd describe Tidus. Ironically enough, because Tidus was voiced by who I think is the best voice actor out there, James Arnold Taylor. He can do ANY type of voice, and THAT'S the one the casting director told him to do? Come on.

Oh, also. Auron is the most overrated FF character ever. Beyond even Sephiroth, I think.

@Angela: Umm... Now the question is... Which date are you fighting this final boss on?
Also, yeah, usually I keep Yukiko around, she's my Healing/Fire. I keep Chie around for the physical attacks, and usually Yosuke, like you said, for that support magic. Raising every party member's attack is awesome.
Which says something about Persona, because I never bother using support magic in RPGs. In FF, or Pokemon, or Disgaea or whatever else, I usually stick to offense and healing, and never bother with status changes, or stat boosts etc. But in Persona, I acually need to use that kind of stuff, because... Well, it's challenging enough to actually make it worth while.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:30 pm
I can't remember exactly which date I was on, but I know it's before the 22nd. I used to love Chie, but the others became so much better than her. She's 52 (the lowest one in my group) and she still has Bufu! I think Kanji fares better with the magic x physical combination so that's why I use him instead of her now.

And I ended up dating her. I regret it since she really fits with Yosuke. xd

I only use boosts in boss battles, because I think they're useless otherwise.  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:16 am
Well uh... Be sure to create another save space, cause after you're done the game, there might be something I have to tell you, so you might need to go back to near the end of the game. Just don't overwrite it.

Yeah, well, I went the pimp daddy way my first time around, so I was dating everybody, haha. It really would be kinda awkward with Chie, though, huh? And it's no so much that she's a tomboy, she just acts more llike a kid, like romance isn't even on her list of things to deal with at all. She should hook up with Teddie, XD.

Yeah, I guess outside of Boss battles, the enemies are easy enough, if you've got a balanced out party, or balanced out Persona on hand. Since everyone usually has a weakness you could exploit. But even then. I don't usually use boosts even for bosses in other games. And hell, when it comes to games like FF8, I don't use magic period, usually.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:32 pm
I will, although I think I know what you're talking about. If I don't get the best ending right?

lol you told me that before. The dating part isn't what I expected at all. We haven't really went on a date. I think I made lunch and ate it with her but that's it. I guess the dating is for after the fog clears?

I thought Teddie would go good with Noriko, when she's older of course.

I couldn't believe one of the side bosses had a weakness. eek  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:49 pm
Yeah, pretty much. It's not complicated, but really easy to overlook.

And not really, dating isn't dating per se. It's not like, "Hey Chie, how about you and I go for a dinner and a movie?" It's just like, "You are now in a relationship. She will get jealous if you get into a relationship with someone else." And usually, it'll play out through one of your Sunday outings, like when someone calls you and says, "Hey, let's hang out," on a Sunday, if you're in a relationship with more than one person, there might be a tiny confrontation, but I honestly haven't seen any really bad consequences to it. Which was kind of unfortunate, they could've done some interesting things.

You mean Nanako, right? Haha. But Teddie is all about 'scoring', because he's a hot stud. xd

Which one was that, again?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:09 pm
Yeah like they won't help you if you're down, lose a soul link level, etc.

I partially expected Teddie to end up with the slutty teacher. Surprised he didn't really, especially during the field trip. xd

I think it was either in the Heaven dungeon or the one before that...  

MadamTarantula

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:10 pm
I'm 5 hours into FFX, and I find no reason to hate it yet.

I like the simple concept of the story, about a rampaging force hell bent on destruction...Though knowing FF, it won't remain simple for long.

I like the characters (Especially Wakka), and see no flaws with Tidus yet. (He acts as old as he looks, so hey, nothing wrong with him being a little douchey.)

The battle and sphere grid systems are surprisingly basic, but easy to adapt to. I love that you get to control summons now.

The graphics are good for the time, and even now with the cinematics, but I can't get over the fact that everyone looks like they have parkinsons disease during cutscenes. Also, there have been some very funny moments of bad animation, like when Lulu somehow hovers into the screen without moving.

Lessee, the music is great...My kind of beats and sh**.

Also, the style of the game (How everyone and every setting looks) is the thing I'm most iffy about...

But overall, I'm enjoying it thus far. I just hope it gets a bit meatier.

EDIT:

@Angela: Yeah, I know! I don't wanna wait til September to get my Coco fix back! In the meantime, I've been substituting Craig Ferguson...He's not bad...Better then the other offerings...Ech.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 748 749 750 751 752 753 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games