Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 748 749 750 751 752 753 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:07 pm
@ Niphy: Congratulations- you survived your first year of uni in the streets of London without getting stabbed~

At least you passed~ So much to say for my 65% in Biology

O.O Since when have you started offering presents?

-Looks back a few pages-

Hmm. I still haven't paid you back the 1000 gold that you lent me when I was a newbie xD I thought it was so much money O.O
Knowing you, you'd probably charge interest on it xP

@ Elfy: O.O Are you ever planning to get out of college? xD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:55 pm
Lol I completely forgot about that.. don't worry, it's nothing! xD

B&B is so silly...

..thanks guys (: I'm really just very relieved <3  

Niphz
Crew

Minielf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:09 pm
@Liani: Well of course I'm going to stop studying eventually. But I'm still only 21, so there's a few more years left before I really have to start working full time. A lot of postgraduate students continue studying or choose a different course once they leave university since they can't find a job with their original degree.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:49 pm
GUYS follow #iranelection on twitter. What's happening is awful. Show your support!  

Niphz
Crew

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:33 am
Darling, I don't twit. P;

But do enlighten me!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:18 pm
@ Niphy: O.O Why on Twitter? People should post these things on more serious websites...  

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

Minielf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:48 pm
Actually Twitter's now used by numerous celebrities, politicians and tycoons to vent their spleens, so in some aspects it's become a legitimate form of communication.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:13 am
I'm personally not interested in following people, but I would use Twitter myself if there were enough people foolishly interested in following me. xD  

Chibito7

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:07 am
I'd follow you! ;D

Twitter is becoming so awesome in the whole Iran election thing, 'cause people are tweeting out of Iran and we can get news and help back to them, it's so coooool~  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:40 am
I thought the government's blocked twitter and similar social networking sites. The BBC was talking about this and a bunch of techs had to establish secret websites.

And yay for first year! You'll be a lawyer, and in my other guild is someone who just passed first year med at King's. Awesome!  

cold_blooded_chick

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:11 am
MEDICINE? At KING'S? Ewwww! Hahhaha. I got a 2:1 btw, and a first in one of my modules! biggrin

Yeah, it's blocked, but people in Iran are using proxies to get around the block. Loads of people outside are setting up new ones all the time for them so information is still getting through.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:37 pm
1st > 2.1 > 2.2 > 3rd > fail

YT is blocked in China right now xP but it's always on and off. BBC English is open as is timesonline.co.uk so it's all good for me ;D  

Niphz
Crew

Minielf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:35 pm
@Niph: I see, level 2.1 is basically H2A here in Melbourne. So you probably got in the high 70s. That's quite a good result, I must say. Getting the 1st class Honours must be tremendously difficult.

@CBC: Half of Iran's population consists of techo-savvy Generation Ys. Most of them are skilled enough to bypass the flimsy government filters. Iran doesn't have anything like the Great Firewall of China. 3nodding  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 748 749 750 751 752 753 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games