Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 749 750 751 752 753 754 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:20 pm
@Chase: Did you see one of Jimmy Kimmel's shows last week when he was wearing a Leno wig and prosthetic chin the whole hour? rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:41 pm
Chase Me To The End
I'm 5 hours into FFX, and I find no reason to hate it yet.
I'm not saying I hated it, I just didn't find anything really good about it. Nothing that made the game worth beating for me. Now if they said, "Beat this game, and we'll show you Lulu's tits" that's another story.

Chase Me To The End

I like the simple concept of the story, about a rampaging force hell bent on destruction...Though knowing FF, it won't remain simple for long.
It's the characer relations (particularly the badly done love story) that tarnishes the storyline. It was just too... Just wait until you get like, half wayish through the game. The in-water scene... You'll see what I mean. It's the kind of scene that makes little teenage girls cry. And the kind of scene that makes me want to punch little teenage girls.

Chase Me To The End

I like the characters (Especially Wakka), and see no flaws with Tidus yet. (He acts as old as he looks, so hey, nothing wrong with him being a little douchey.)
Wakka got annoying really fast for me. But I think his name suits him just fine.
Lulu is probably the only character in the whole game that I really liked, and it wasn't just physical either.

Chase Me To The End
The graphics are good for the time, and even now with the cinematics, but I can't get over the fact that everyone looks like they have parkinsons disease during cutscenes. Also, there have been some very funny moments of bad animation, like when Lulu somehow hovers into the screen without moving.
Yeah, the graphics were about the only thing that really impressed me about the game when it came out.

Chase Me To The End

Lessee, the music is great...My kind of beats and sh**.
You WOULD like the music. Psh.
The only good tune was the one that plays during the New Game/Load Game screen.

Chase Me To The End

Also, the style of the game (How everyone and every setting looks) is the thing I'm most iffy about...

But overall, I'm enjoying it thus far. I just hope it gets a bit meatier.
I dunno what you mean by meatier. But if you mean like, badass, don't count on it. Well, there might be one character down the line who kinda makes it more badass, a little bit, but overall, it's pretty weak. The dungeons are monotonous and boring. There's no world map, you get from town to town on what's essentially one road.
"Follow the only road! Follow the only road!" I think they're going to Ottawa.

Like I said, it's mostly a let down because of its predecessors. And honestly, I think FF was better without voice overs. It's not the killing factor, but it definitely added to why I don't like most of the characters in this game.

AngelaAshford
Yeah like they won't help you if you're down, lose a soul link level, etc.
Well, with any luck, if they ever make a Persona 5, it'll have a much deeper interaction system. Like, if you choose to say something particular, it's actually brought up in future conversations. As opposed to just, "Choose Answer," "Get response to that answer," "Moving on." Most of your answers only matter as far as the very next line, and then the story moves on. So hopefully, in the future, it'll be like, date one girl, date another girl, two weeks later, the first girl gets jealous, and doesn't join your party for a month. Or something.

AngelaAshford

I partially expected Teddie to end up with the slutty teacher. Surprised he didn't really, especially during the field trip. xd
Yeah, they were all like, "Eww, she's old and gross," but screw that, she's a genuine cougar.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:10 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
I'm not saying I hated it, I just didn't find anything really good about it. Nothing that made the game worth beating for me. Now if they said, "Beat this game, and we'll show you Lulu's tits" that's another story.

Chase Me To The End

I like the simple concept of the story, about a rampaging force hell bent on destruction...Though knowing FF, it won't remain simple for long.
It's the characer relations (particularly the badly done love story) that tarnishes the storyline. It was just too... Just wait until you get like, half wayish through the game. The in-water scene... You'll see what I mean. It's the kind of scene that makes little teenage girls cry. And the kind of scene that makes me want to punch little teenage girls.

Chase Me To The End

I like the characters (Especially Wakka), and see no flaws with Tidus yet. (He acts as old as he looks, so hey, nothing wrong with him being a little douchey.)
Wakka got annoying really fast for me. But I think his name suits him just fine.
Lulu is probably the only character in the whole game that I really liked, and it wasn't just physical either.

Chase Me To The End
The graphics are good for the time, and even now with the cinematics, but I can't get over the fact that everyone looks like they have parkinsons disease during cutscenes. Also, there have been some very funny moments of bad animation, like when Lulu somehow hovers into the screen without moving.
Yeah, the graphics were about the only thing that really impressed me about the game when it came out.

Chase Me To The End

Lessee, the music is great...My kind of beats and sh**.
You WOULD like the music. Psh.
The only good tune was the one that plays during the New Game/Load Game screen.

Chase Me To The End

Also, the style of the game (How everyone and every setting looks) is the thing I'm most iffy about...

But overall, I'm enjoying it thus far. I just hope it gets a bit meatier.
I dunno what you mean by meatier. But if you mean like, badass, don't count on it. Well, there might be one character down the line who kinda makes it more badass, a little bit, but overall, it's pretty weak. The dungeons are monotonous and boring. There's no world map, you get from town to town on what's essentially one road.
"Follow the only road! Follow the only road!" I think they're going to Ottawa.

Like I said, it's mostly a let down because of its predecessors. And honestly, I think FF was better without voice overs. It's not the killing factor, but it definitely added to why I don't like most of the characters in this game.

AngelaAshford
Yeah like they won't help you if you're down, lose a soul link level, etc.
Well, with any luck, if they ever make a Persona 5, it'll have a much deeper interaction system. Like, if you choose to say something particular, it's actually brought up in future conversations. As opposed to just, "Choose Answer," "Get response to that answer," "Moving on." Most of your answers only matter as far as the very next line, and then the story moves on. So hopefully, in the future, it'll be like, date one girl, date another girl, two weeks later, the first girl gets jealous, and doesn't join your party for a month. Or something.

AngelaAshford

I partially expected Teddie to end up with the slutty teacher. Surprised he didn't really, especially during the field trip. xd
Yeah, they were all like, "Eww, she's old and gross," but screw that, she's a genuine cougar.

I. Yeah, I sort of sense an awkward relationship story coming on.

II. I like Wakka becuase of his bortherliness. And I just realized: When it comes to Final Fantasy games, I am all about the sidekicks: The jive a** muthuh fu**uh that is Barret, the dork that is Zell, the coolness that is Vivi, and now Wakka. Huh, I honestly never realized that before...

III. Hey, hey...I'm not into the J-Pop scene! I just like songs that get experimentally creative, like the tune Besaid Island.

IV. No, by meatier I meant that I hope it gets deeper with it's gameplay and story.

Sad to hear about the lack of a world map...

@Angela: I'm not a Kimmel fan, so no, I haven't seen that. Sounds funny, though. Anything to bring the chin down.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:35 pm
Chase Me To The End

II. I like Wakka becuase of his bortherliness. And I just realized: When it comes to Final Fantasy games, I am all about the sidekicks: The jive a** muthuh fu**uh that is Barret, the dork that is Zell, the coolness that is Vivi, and now Wakka. Huh, I honestly never realized that before...
Yeah, well Barret was awesome. I'd rather have Barret be the main character, haha.
Zell was pretty cool. He kinda reminded me of Michaelangelo from Ninja Turtles. Except instead of pizza it was hot dogs for him. Well that and... He's not a turtle.
Wakka though... Look, you know how you said Tidus acts his age, which means he's a whiny little b***h... Well, Wakka looks like he's in mid 30's, but he acts almost less mature than Tidus. He may not be whiny, but instead he's like a rambunctious little kid. And I hate rambunctious kids.

Chase Me To The End

III. Hey, hey...I'm not into the J-Pop scene! I just like songs that get experimentally creative, like the tune Besaid Island.
That wasn't experimentally creative. That was just generic and unmemorable... And yeah, that's different for Final Fantasy, which is usually filled with some good music.
If you want truly experimentally creative borderline j-pop, that's actually catchy and really well done, Persona Soundtracks are what you're looking for. Particularly Persona 3.

Chase Me To The End

IV. No, by meatier I meant that I hope it gets deeper with it's gameplay and story.
I wouldn't say so. I guess it depends on what you're looking for. And plus I probably forgot a lot of it. But like I said, I wasn't motivated at all to beat it. I got bored with the storyline, and the gameplay... Well, the character building is pretty cool, the web concept which can bleed into other job types, but it wasn't something I felt particularly enticing. I'd rather Draw and Junction.

Chase Me To The End

Yeah, that was pretty much what turned me off right off the bat.

Then there's blitzball... Which you're either going to love, or going to hate. I hated it. They force you to play one game, which I did, and never bothered again.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:09 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End

Yeah, well Barret was awesome. I'd rather have Barret be the main character, haha.
Zell was pretty cool. He kinda reminded me of Michaelangelo from Ninja Turtles. Except instead of pizza it was hot dogs for him. Well that and... He's not a turtle.
Wakka though... Look, you know how you said Tidus acts his age, which means he's a whiny little b***h... Well, Wakka looks like he's in mid 30's, but he acts almost less mature than Tidus. He may not be whiny, but instead he's like a rambunctious little kid. And I hate rambunctious kids.

Chase Me To The End

That wasn't experimentally creative. That was just generic and unmemorable... And yeah, that's different for Final Fantasy, which is usually filled with some good music.
If you want truly experimentally creative borderline j-pop, that's actually catchy and really well done, Persona Soundtracks are what you're looking for. Particularly Persona 3.

Chase Me To The End

I wouldn't say so. I guess it depends on what you're looking for. And plus I probably forgot a lot of it. But like I said, I wasn't motivated at all to beat it. I got bored with the storyline, and the gameplay... Well, the character building is pretty cool, the web concept which can bleed into other job types, but it wasn't something I felt particularly enticing. I'd rather Draw and Junction.

Chase Me To The End

Yeah, that was pretty much what turned me off right off the bat.

Then there's blitzball... Which you're either going to love, or going to hate. I hated it. They force you to play one game, which I did, and never bothered again.

1. Eh, I see Wakka as a goofball with borthery love. He treats Tidus like a real brother, pranking him and wrestling with him and what not. But then there's the aspect of deep caring, like when he jumps into the ocean to rescue Tidus, who he barely even knows...And I've always had a soft spot with those of "simpler" minds. He's like Forest Gump. And I love Forest Gump. Your an a**hole if you hate Forest Gump lol.

2. Generic and unmemorable...K. I'm not going to force you to listen to it again, but it's a song that incorporates piano, synth, drums, violins, electronic noises and rather unique sound effects in a beat that uses said instruments for a silmultaneous beautiful and groovin' effect. If that type of music is what you consider generic and unmemorable, then...Ehh. Whatev. Though you might not remember it, it's def not generic...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:20 pm
Chase Me To The End
1. Eh, I see Wakka as a goofball with borthery love. He treats Tidus like a real brother, pranking him and wrestling with him and what not. But then there's the aspect of deep caring, like when he jumps into the ocean to rescue Tidus, who he barely even knows...And I've always had a soft spot with those of "simpler" minds. He's like Forest Gump. And I love Forest Gump. Your an a**hole if you hate Forrest Gump lol.
I do love Forest Gump... Wakka is nothing like Forrest Gump. In fact, Forrest Gump was a generally serious person. He was far from a goofball. Wakka is more like Jarjar from Phantom Menace.

Chase Me To The End
2. Generic and unmemorable...K. I'm not going to force you to listen to it again, but it's a song that incorporates piano, synth, drums, violins, electronic noises and rather unique sound effects in a beat that uses said instruments for a silmultaneous beautiful and groovin' effect. If that type of music is what you consider generic and unmemorable, then...Ehh. Whatev. Though you might not remember it, it's def not generic...

Which song in particular are you referring to? Care to look it up on Youtube for me?  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:35 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
1. Eh, I see Wakka as a goofball with borthery love. He treats Tidus like a real brother, pranking him and wrestling with him and what not. But then there's the aspect of deep caring, like when he jumps into the ocean to rescue Tidus, who he barely even knows...And I've always had a soft spot with those of "simpler" minds. He's like Forest Gump. And I love Forest Gump. Your an a**hole if you hate Forrest Gump lol.
I do love Forest Gump... Wakka is nothing like Forrest Gump. In fact, Forrest Gump was a generally serious person. He was far from a goofball. Wakka is more like Jarjar from Phantom Menace.

Chase Me To The End

Which song in particular are you referring to? Care to look it up on Youtube for me?

1. No way. F*** Jar Jar. Wakka is a mix of a goofball and seriousness. I mean, he talks about his real brother in sadness, and it's hard not feel sad yourself. And unlike Jar Jar, Wakka is serious when it comes to fighting. Your right, Forest Gump is overall more serious of a person, but at the same time, he's slow in the head. And like Lulu says, Wakka doesn't have much in the imagination department himself. So for me, it's hard to hate Wakka, cause it seems to me that he's a bit slow, and I have a soft spot for those type of people...

2. Oh, now I see. You thought I mean the entire soundtrack. No, so far the entirety of the soundtrack is meh at best, but one tune, Besaid Island has struck a chord with me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:54 pm
Chase Me To The End
1. No way. F*** Jar Jar. Wakka is a mix of a goofball and seriousness. I mean, he talks about his real brother in sadness, and it's hard not feel sad yourself. And unlike Jar Jar, Wakka is serious when it comes to fighting. Your right, Forest Gump is overall more serious of a person, but at the same time, he's slow in the head. And like Lulu says, Wakka doesn't have much in the imagination department himself. So for me, it's hard to hate Wakka, cause it seems to me that he's a bit slow, and I have a soft spot for those type of people...

Naw, man. See, to me, Wakka doesn't come off as "I'm Forrest Gump. Stupid is as stupid does," kind of slow. He comes off as more of a, "I smoked too much weed in high school," kind of slow.
Like... Will Ferrel comedy type of slow, you know?

Chase Me To The End

2. Oh, now I see. You thought I mean the entire soundtrack. No, so far the entirety of the soundtrack is meh at best, but one tune, Besaid Island has struck a chord with me.

Still meh. It's the kind of music that fills the background as you tune it out. And yes, it's forgettable. Believe me, I played Persona 3 for a couple of days, I went to work, I couldn't get that stuff out of my head.
This is like... It almost feels like there's a whole other melody that's supposed to be laid on TOP of it, to make it complete. Like it serves as a background for a melody.
Maybe the voice overs are a reason for that. Which is another problem I have with the voice overs.
In all the previous FFs, you got some crude sound effects, but that's about it. There's no voice overs, it's all reading. So as a result, it allowed the composer to dominate your ears with melody. That's what made the FF7 soundtrack so awesome. And FF8 especially. Even during the down time, the music for Balamb Garden, "Ami" is one of the best simple and calm tracks I've ever heard in a video game. And the melody is so catchy, it just makes you feel so secure, in that garden, like nothing's gonna go wrong.
This Besaid music, it's like, semi-casual. I dunno, it doesn't captivate me. Pretty much none of the music in FFX did. It's passable, but forgettable, regardless of how unique the actual instruments that are used.

You know what the biggest disappointment was though? The change of setting. When you start out, you're in this epic metropolis of a city, I thought that was awesome. Then you end up in a place which is ironically more primitive than where you start, and it's like... "Okay, I'm on a beach... Where are the freakin sky scrapers, and elevated highways?"  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:36 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End

That's what doujinshi is for.

Biohazard EXTREME
AngelaAshford

If she didn't come on to them as much as she did, students would've been attracted to her. I guess her kind of behavior is more of a turn off in Japan than it is here in the West.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:15 pm
1. Naw, dude. He def seems more childish in nature then burned out. And he isn't stupid is as stupid does; he has yet to do anything really stupid, like using all of his money to buy a shrimping boat to keep the promise of a dead was buddy. But like Gump, he can become very serious, surprisingly serious for someone with his demeanor. And I just so happen to love his brotherliness to Tidus. It's the first FF game that I've played that has that kind of relationship with the protaganist and an ally.

2. Well, obviously our music preferences are different than. Although I do like Ami, I get the same vibe from it as I do Besaid Island. Both are really well constructed peices, beautiful as well as relaxing.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:50 am
Chase Me To The End
1. Naw, dude. He def seems more childish in nature then burned out. And he isn't stupid is as stupid does; he has yet to do anything really stupid, like using all of his money to buy a shrimping boat to keep the promise of a dead was buddy. But like Gump, he can become very serious, surprisingly serious for someone with his demeanor. And I just so happen to love his brotherliness to Tidus. It's the first FF game that I've played that has that kind of relationship with the protaganist and an ally.
Okay, I don't like Wakka, but I understand why you do. But stop comparing him to Forrest Gump. Wakka isn't even close to being half as awesome as Forrest Gump.

AngelaAshford
If she didn't come on to them as much as she did, students would've been attracted to her. I guess her kind of behavior is more of a turn off in Japan than it is here in the West.

That's another thing I love about Persona. It really lets us see what the Japanese culture is like. Their holidays, their customs, their disposition on certain things. The kinds of things they do at schools, like the types of field trips they take, Golden Week, and such.
It's almost like... To us, that's a fantasy world in itself, haha.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:18 am
Yeah, I really like that a lot. It makes me wish Western schools had festivals, but I'm sure a lot of the students would be too lazy to organize them (stereotyping, but true).  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:30 pm
AngelaAshford
Yeah, I really like that a lot. It makes me wish Western schools had festivals, but I'm sure a lot of the students would be too lazy to organize them (stereotyping, but true).
Yeah, you're totally true. But then again, if they could pass for community service hours, I think students would be more willing.
Either way, unfortunately our high school years are gone, Angela. But hey, at least we can live them out again through Persona, right? With murder mysteries, super powers, and everything.

Phew, just went through my first day of security guard training, which was kinda redundant, since I was already trained, but this is new training that I had to get, and even though I did, I didn't really learn anything new. But I'm half way to being ready to start working. Tomorrow is another day, and then I'm gettin some moneh! No more getting my friends to be my sugar daddies.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:46 pm
We get to live high school the way we wanted, without most of the homework. xd Seriously, if American high school was like that, it would've been so much better.

Hell I wish I lived in a neighborhood like Inaba. Ever since I first played Shenmue, I've wanted to live in a small neighborhood were everything is a short walk or bike ride away. I don't think such things exist here in the US, or the ones that are are filled with rednecks and too many nosy people.

Living in a big town is nice and all, but it has it's setbacks too. confused  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:56 pm
Yeah, well, unfortunately, the real world isn't like that. I mean, I lived in a small neighborhood. But it was more like That 70's show. There really was nothing to do. Kids either played video games, got drunk or smoked pot. Or all at the same time. I only ever played video games, but still, I mean... If only we had like.. murder mysteries to solve in TV world. Although TECHNICALLY... If you're playing a video game... Would that count as TV world? It's on screen afterall. XD
But then you're not saving actual lives.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 749 750 751 752 753 754 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games