Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 749 750 751 752 753 754 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibito7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:38 am
This is why I'm so grateful to live in Britain, Lini. I often complain about our useless government (evidenced by recent controversies with greedy MPs), but when you compare our lives with those of more oppressed nations, such as China and Iran, you realise we lead much freer lives than most of the less lucky people in this world. And I'm grateful to be able to hold my own opinion and not be arrested for it. I still think Britain and the world have a long way to go on issues like equal rights, but what we have now should certainly not be taken for granted.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:51 pm
ninja  

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

Chibito7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:14 am
ninja

Mou mou! How lacklustre this place has become once again. When the only person who has posted since you have the day before is Charlie-sama, one does feel rather at a loss. For I know, now that the Chatterbox really is empty. Shocking.

Or perhaps my philosophical seriousness scared everyone away. *feels powerful*

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:13 am
Our school has Swine Flu... How sucky! We have to take these horrible-coloured tablets (which may lead to vomiting, loss of hearing and liver failure- honestly I would rather have the Flu) because 3 people have it in our year. Our head, deputy head, head of boarding and director of studies all came in to tell us about it half way through our music rehearsal. 3 people burst into tears, but all the foreigners were like stare "Whatever."  

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:32 pm
ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:00 am
Swine flu!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

cold_blooded_chick

Minielf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:49 am
Hey everyone did you hear the shocking news? Michael Jackson the King of Pop is dead!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:24 am
R.I.P. Michael Jackson. I only found out this morning. The irony being that yesterday night, someone made a reference to his death in their Facebook status but I had no idea what they were referring to. So it came as quite a shock. I did get a sense of deja vu from Heath Ledger's shocking death. It's all very sad.

I've never been a fan of Michael Jackson, if I'm honest. He was before my time and his music never appealed to me on the whole. Also, by the time I'd heard of him only bad things were written in the papers. I'll admit I didn't have a good impression of the guy whatsoever. His plastic surgery (or whatever it was...) also made me a little bit wary. My brother never had anything nice to say about him.

Whatever he's done doesn't mean he's a good person, but he died yesterday night and his life should be honoured. He did lead a sensational life and he's got millions of fans across the globe. I woke up to people sobbing on the radio... It's quite distressing, and I live in England. We're not even talking about America here. I don't know how popular Michael Jackson was in the States, but he was uber popular here, especially during his prime.

I'm a little bit annoyed at some of the insensitive people out there. It's all right if you don't care but there are people who do, and those people and their thoughts should be respected. Michael Jackson's family in particular should be respected. I admit I don't have much of an emotional connection to Michael Jackson - he was hardly a major part of my life - but it's always, always terribly sad when someone passes away, and the impact his death has had on so many people even where I live is testament to the achievements in his life. Because at the end of the day, when someone dies, we should celebrate their life. Even for a moment pass over the bad things, because let's face it: we all did crap in our lives. None of us are innocent.

So. Yeah. Just thought I'd say that, because the Facebook statuses I'm seeing are making me go up and down. I just don't think I'm feeling mentally very well and I'm in pain, meh. And this isn't aimed at anyone who dislikes Michael Jackson. It's just a mention for him, and a peaceful one at that, now that he's dead.

Lol @ cbc.

@Lini: That's awful. D: It's apparently nowhere near my school but even if it was I've technically left school anyway. I only go back on the last day. But at least, if you did catch it, you'd get the medication and you'd fight off this milder strain. If the viruss mutates, by the time it reaches us it could be more difficult to fight off, and at least you'd have some immunity.  

Chibito7

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:58 am
Poor MJ. Yeah, the fb statuses dissing him were pretty awful. Although some of the wittier ones were hilarious.. just couldn't stop laughing at the combined awfulness/hilarity.

@'elfy - LOL no. First class is 70+, 2.1 is 60-70, 2.2 is 50-60, third is 40-50, and below 40 is fail .__. Niphy got 70, 57, 56, 62, so.. yeah. 2.1 ftw <3

@LV - Lulz I heard there were 6 cases of swine flu at Badminton. It made me laugh. Nothing to cry about really. It's fine. They're not going to die, it's still mild.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:00 am
lol the same night michael jackson died they were already airing those remembrance films. It was rather quite funny.  

mymiridon

Minielf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:40 pm
Niphz
Poor MJ. Yeah, the fb statuses dissing him were pretty awful. Although some of the wittier ones were hilarious.. just couldn't stop laughing at the combined awfulness/hilarity.

@'elfy - LOL no. First class is 70+, 2.1 is 60-70, 2.2 is 50-60, third is 40-50, and below 40 is fail .__. Niphy got 70, 57, 56, 62, so.. yeah. 2.1 ftw <3

@LV - Lulz I heard there were 6 cases of swine flu at Badminton. It made me laugh. Nothing to cry about really. It's fine. They're not going to die, it's still mild.

Ah well, that's still pretty good Niph. There's probably too many good law students around for everyone to get first class. xd

About Michael Jackson-it's a darn shame that he had to die in such a fashion. It would be have been great if he lived for a while longer and managed to pull off the 'This is it' comback tour before passing away. It would probably restore a lot of his reputation and if he died after the tour was finished he'd be going out on a high note. Unfortunately, for most of the current generation, MJ will remembered as 'Wacko Jacko' and a child molester rather than the supremely gifted pop singer I used to listen to alot when I was a child.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:19 am
Agreed. I saw all the bad sides of MJ. |:

I'm going to need new glasses. Again. I've had about ten pairs or more in my life. It's very frustrating.  

Chibito7

cold_blooded_chick

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:00 am
I'm just not going to bother going to the optometrist and getting tested and then getting glasses and then rested and then blah blah blah.

I use my glasses in class when I sit in the front row, and when I need to look at the menu at McDonald's, people read it out for me cos they know I'm blind! surprised  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:33 am
I think I need a new pair of glasses as well...

@ Niphy: I didn't take it that seriously... and it was a good laugh when one of my friends came back from the nurse distributing the pills, saying that she had been asked whether she was breastfeeding xD

Hmm... I heard about MJ's death in the radio yesterday morning. My dad heard it and went "... I bet there's going to be crying fans everywhere," and sure enough two seconds later a crying fan popped up and was blubbering that she didn't know what she was going to do, and she didn't want it to end this way... I mean, gosh. Did she ever even speak to him?
And then they played about half an hour of music, and I didn't realise that it was him singing for the first 10 mins, because I thought it was a woman ¬.¬

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

mymiridon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:51 pm
wow everyone needs new glasses these days (including me lol. I just want my lenses replaced though)  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 749 750 751 752 753 754 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games