Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 750 751 752 753 754 755 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:12 pm
If there was a situation like that IRL, I think I'd actually be scared... Then again, it's like Silent Hill and I'd be interested in learning more about myself...

Holy s**t come to think of it, it's really similar to Silent Hill. O3O

Well if there's an afterlife and it's like that Robin Williams movie where your personal Heaven is what you envision, then it might be possible.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:23 am
Yeah, I guess it is similar, what with the fog and all. Still, I'm just saying, it can get pretty boring in a small town. And as much as I miss it, every time I go back, I find myself going, "Why did I COME here!?" I don't even know what to do with myself half the time.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:35 am
@ Notte: 'Sup, Notte?

Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy....

You know an RPG that I've always wanted to play SO frikkin' bad, but never will be able to unless I learned Japanese? Segagaga. If you haven't heard of it, it's an RPG that basically parodies the console war between Dreamcast and PS2. Your character is given the reigns to Sega, and it is up to you to stop the evil DOGMA (Sony) corporation from seizing all of the market share.

Quote:
“Games are nothing more than mere products!” exclaims a member of Sega’s management team. “You examine popular market trends, churn out nearly identical titles, and then you rake in the dough! Imitate our competitor’s top-sellers: that’s the golden rule! Throw away your emotions and become a mindless machine. This is how you make successful games.”

“But I want to make totally innovative games that nobody has ever seen before,” your character pleads.

“Innovation? How foolish! Who will take responsibility if the game flops?”

“But if we do it your way, we’ll never attract new customers. Surely it’s worth giving a shot?”

“You know nothing about the business, boy! I’ll teach you the harsh reality of the corporate world!”

I seriously need to learn Japanese. There's so many import games I wanna play. Oh, and in other news, I beat Silent Hill 2 last night. What a sad, strange game. It didn't make much sense. Nothing about why the town is the way it is was really explained at all. And I'm quite sure I didn't understand all of the nuances. It's not as entertaining or as fun as RE was to me, but I did enjoy it. I walked away from it feeling pretty depressed, though. It's a really depressing game, but also, beautiful somehow. Weird. But Pyramid Head ain't scary. He isn't much of anything, really. On a side note, Maria bears a striking resemblance to my ex-girlfriend of... around the time this game was made. Particularly, at the end of the jail cell cut-sequence. Haunting. xd And much like Maria, she was a total MINDFREAK!!!

Buy my Pontiac, b***h.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:25 am
Thee Stranger
@ Notte: 'Sup, Notte?

Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy....

You know an RPG that I've always wanted to play SO frikkin' bad, but never will be able to unless I learned Japanese? Segagaga. If you haven't heard of it, it's an RPG that basically parodies the console war between Dreamcast and PS2. Your character is given the reigns to Sega, and it is up to you to stop the evil DOGMA (Sony) corporation from seizing all of the market share.

Quote:
“Games are nothing more than mere products!” exclaims a member of Sega’s management team. “You examine popular market trends, churn out nearly identical titles, and then you rake in the dough! Imitate our competitor’s top-sellers: that’s the golden rule! Throw away your emotions and become a mindless machine. This is how you make successful games.”

“But I want to make totally innovative games that nobody has ever seen before,” your character pleads.

“Innovation? How foolish! Who will take responsibility if the game flops?”

“But if we do it your way, we’ll never attract new customers. Surely it’s worth giving a shot?”

“You know nothing about the business, boy! I’ll teach you the harsh reality of the corporate world!”

I seriously need to learn Japanese. There's so many import games I wanna play. Oh, and in other news, I beat Silent Hill 2 last night. What a sad, strange game. It didn't make much sense. Nothing about why the town is the way it is was really explained at all. And I'm quite sure I didn't understand all of the nuances. It's not as entertaining or as fun as RE was to me, but I did enjoy it. I walked away from it feeling pretty depressed, though. It's a really depressing game, but also, beautiful somehow. Weird. But Pyramid Head ain't scary. He isn't much of anything, really. On a side note, Maria bears a striking resemblance to my ex-girlfriend of... around the time this game was made. Particularly, at the end of the jail cell cut-sequence. Haunting. xd And much like Maria, she was a total MINDFREAK!!!

Buy my Pontiac, b***h.

I like how you wrapped that around.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:29 pm
Thee Stranger

Buy my Pontiac, b***h.

Yeah, well, I kinda liked the fact that these monsters and the state of the town isn't just thrown in your face, like, "HERE'S WHY! IT'S ALL IN THIS NOTE RIGHT HERE! EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ANYTHING!"
Even though there is sort of an explanation, it's not really concrete. I'll put it in white just in case:

Basically, all the monsters are psychological. Pyramid head was the punisher of sins in the Silent Hill mythology, but the pyramid head in this particular game is actually something that James conjured up within his mind, in order to punish himself for what he did. So in a way, this Pyramid Head IS James. And the only reason he looks the way he does, I believe, is because of that paining in the Historical society. I reccon James and Mary visited it when they came to SH, so as a result, that image got subconsciously imprinted into James' mind, and then incarnated.
Same with Maria, she's an incarnation of Jame's subconscious, combining the image of Mary with his own sexual frustations. Since Mary's been sick, and he ain't been gettin' any, you know?
Same with the monsters, they're all representations of one thing or another, within James' and in some cases Angela's psyche.
As to the town itself, that's never been explained in full, and I'm glad. What I mean is, whether the town really is like that, like it's a ghost town, or whether it only appears that way to the characters. Or whether they end up in some other dimension altogether, some limbo between life and death. It's up to debate, but that's what makes Silent Hill so awesome. Because as far as PAST experiences in SH go, they always say, "Yeah, I visited this place, it was cool, now it sucks." And so on. So the town is presumably not a ghost town in itself. Even though movies, and certain comic book adaptations say it is.
But see? I can talk for ages about this. That's why Silent Hill is awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:53 pm
Did we ever have this discussion:

What are your favorite zombie movies?

If not, I've been meaning to ask that for a looong time.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:55 pm
You'd think in a Resident Evil guild we would have, huh?

Okay, before starting on that, I have watched Zombieland recently and I was incredibly impressed with it.
So here's my view on that whole Shaun of the Dead vs. Zombieland discussion...
In my opinion... Shaun of the Dead is a better comedy with zombies, whereas Zombieland is a better Zombie comedy.
What I mean is, I think Zombieland took the zombie culture and just turned it into something so hilariously awesome... It's a zombie movie, through and through, and it takes the zombie movie and turns it into a comedy.

Shaun of the Dead on the other hand, is a true comedy tribute to geek culture, which revolves around zombies. Shaun of the Dead would be just as hilarious without zombies. Spaced is the proof of that. And yes, adding zombies to Shaun of the Dead made it that much more awesome.

But here's how it is. Both are zombie movies, both are comedies. I think Shaun of the Dead is a better comedy. But I think Zombieland is a better zombie movie. Either way, both rock.

Now, as to what my favorite zombie movie is... I really wanna say Dawn of the Dead remake, but I do hate myself for it. I do believe in preserving the classic slow moving Romero zombies, and while I have nothing against deviating every once in a while, I'm just always afraid these new fast zombie types will drown out the classics. So that's why I hate to love Dawn of the Dead 2004 as much as I do. But I do love it. It's actually scary, it's at the same time funny, and it's a great survival story... Or unsurvival.

Now, there's one exception to that. If you could call Michael Jackson's Thriller a movie, technically it IS a short film... Then I'd say that one is my favorite.

My LEAST favorite? Hmm.... Well, out of the ones I've seen, I'd say House of the Dead 2. And while I actually thought it wasn't too bad, since part 2 WASN'T made by Uwe Boll... It's just the least memorable. The only thing I remember about it is a room... The armor they wore.. And that the rapper Sticky Fingaz was in it.
Now, I haven't SEEN House of the Dead 1, and if I would have, I'm sure I'd hate it the most.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:44 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
You'd think in a Resident Evil guild we would have, huh?

Okay, before starting on that, I have watched Zombieland recently and I was incredibly impressed with it.
So here's my view on that whole Shaun of the Dead vs. Zombieland discussion...
In my opinion... Shaun of the Dead is a better comedy with zombies, whereas Zombieland is a better Zombie comedy.
What I mean is, I think Zombieland took the zombie culture and just turned it into something so hilariously awesome... It's a zombie movie, through and through, and it takes the zombie movie and turns it into a comedy.

Shaun of the Dead on the other hand, is a true comedy tribute to geek culture, which revolves around zombies. Shaun of the Dead would be just as hilarious without zombies. Spaced is the proof of that. And yes, adding zombies to Shaun of the Dead made it that much more awesome.

But here's how it is. Both are zombie movies, both are comedies. I think Shaun of the Dead is a better comedy. But I think Zombieland is a better zombie movie. Either way, both rock.

Now, as to what my favorite zombie movie is... I really wanna say Dawn of the Dead remake, but I do hate myself for it. I do believe in preserving the classic slow moving Romero zombies, and while I have nothing against deviating every once in a while, I'm just always afraid these new fast zombie types will drown out the classics. So that's why I hate to love Dawn of the Dead 2004 as much as I do. But I do love it. It's actually scary, it's at the same time funny, and it's a great survival story... Or unsurvival.

Now, there's one exception to that. If you could call Michael Jackson's Thriller a movie, technically it IS a short film... Then I'd say that one is my favorite.

My LEAST favorite? Hmm.... Well, out of the ones I've seen, I'd say House of the Dead 2. And while I actually thought it wasn't too bad, since part 2 WASN'T made by Uwe Boll... It's just the least memorable. The only thing I remember about it is a room... The armor they wore.. And that the rapper Sticky Fingaz was in it.
Now, I haven't SEEN House of the Dead 1, and if I would have, I'm sure I'd hate it the most.

Totally. Shaun of the Dead is just a romantic comedy with zombies in it, just like it advertsed. And Zombieland was about milking comedy from the zombie aspect of it, so yeah, agree with you there.

I won't give you s**t about the Dawn of the Dead remake. In my opinion, it's one of the best horror remakes out there.

Lemmee see...Two categories: Favorite zombie horror and favorite zombie comedy.

The winner for fav comedy is a no brainer (pun inteneded):

Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)

Peter Jackson's flick features a priest that does karate and kicks a** for the lord. Nuff said.

Second would be Shaun, of course, and third would be Return of the Living Dead: "Send more braaains!"

I'll get back to you on the zombie horror one. I gotta take an extensive look at the catalogue.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:07 am
Oh god, I haven't seen Braindead since I was like... Six years old. I actually thought it was a genuine horror at the time. I mean, I wasn't scared by it, but I didn't realize it was a comedy.

I did enjoy Return of the Living Dead a bit. The first one was okay, something about it made it enjoyable. Haven't seen the second one, but I do remember enjoying the third one as a kid. Now, say what you will about it, but that self-mutilating goth chick was hot. I oughtta see it again.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:37 am
Dawn of the Dead. The original.

And that's not knocking the remake in any way. While no where near as good as the original in my opinion, I would say it was the best remake I had ever seen... if John Carpenter's The Thing didn't exist. But the remake was good. It used a lot of the same concepts, but also changed A LOT. Enough to justify its existence, and the new s**t was actually not lame. It was a good, entertaining zombie flick. And like The Thing, I think it changed so much that you could justify calling it a "re-imagining", because they don't just rehash the s**t the original did, which is more than I could say for Rob Zombie's Halloween.

And that's even taking into consideration that I'm not a big fan of fast zombies. I mean, they're supposed to be dead, rotting corpses, right? I'd imagine that their muscles would be rotting and/or damaged too, and they're only operating on some basic primitive motor function. They're mindless. I think slow is more in keeping with that. Slow zombies just makes more sense to me.  

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:52 am
Thee Stranger
And that's even taking into consideration that I'm not a big fan of fast zombies. I mean, they're supposed to be dead, rotting corpses, right? I'd imagine that their muscles would be rotting and/or damaged too, and their only operating on some basic primitive motor function. They're mindless. I think slow is more in keeping with that. Slow zombies just makes more sense to me.
Yeah, well, that's the worst part. I find Dawn of the Dead remake my favorite zombie movie, but it's not even the zombies that make it that. It's the characters, the situations they find themselves in, etc. etc. etc.

If I was to name a movie that had the best zombies IN it, it would probably be... Hmm... I'd say Day of the Dead, honestly. Bub kicked a**. All the zombies were gory, they were consistent... Yeah...

My favorite horror remake, of all time, though, would have to be David Cronenberg's The Fly. Again, it's a reimagining that's so different from the original... And I think that's what makes for a good movie remake.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:51 am
@Angela - Heeey! Nice to see everyone again!

@Stranger - Things are nuts. Teaching middle school doesn't leave me an awful lot of time to do things for myself, but it's alright. I'm having a really great time.

Zombie movies? Alright.

Night of the Living Dead. The original. I watched this when I was grounded with my Dad aaaages ago. My punishment was that I wasn't allowed to go trick or treating on Halloween, but my Dad felt bad, so he rented a s**t-ton of horror movies and we had an awesome time anyway. smile

Dawn of the Dead [2004]. I like what they did, and it was a very, very enjoyable movie. Probably my favorite modern zombie movie to date.

Doomsday. Okay, not necessarily a zombie movie, but there were zombie undertones in the actual disease that makes them alienate Scotland. That, and Viper is my favorite badass female character on screen ever. What can I say, I have strange taste.

How is everyone otherwise? Anyone snowed in? It's been FRIGID here with a windchill of -20 the past few days. No me gusta.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:08 am
Doomsday was pretty cool, but it's not a zombie movie.
Technically, even 28 Days Later isn't a zombie movie, and let's face it, they're pretty much zombies. So Doomsday is beyond stretching it. Cool movie. Not a zombie movie.

And yeah, it's been pretty damn frigid here. Not an inch of precipitation, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:57 am
I know it isn't a zombie movie, but I wanted to mention it.

We got a good amount of snow a few days ago, but thankfully I think it's too cold to snow right now. xd I do know the walk to work this morning was really unpleasant. Really really. sad

My senior recital is tomorrow. I'm really excited/nervous. I'm trying to make sure it's beign recorded so I can share it with all of you, heart .

I've also entered into a new relationship since the last time I was really active. Those of you who follow me on Facebook know that, but the rest of you didn't. biggrin We're very happy, and I personally think he's it for me, so, hurray!  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:24 am
Actually, the biggest inspiration for Doomsday, would probably have to be Escape from New York... A One-eyed protagonist infiltrates an isolated city and finds themselves in a cyberpunk setting. Describes both perfectly.
Other than that, I'd say the movie Outbreak, for the viral epidemic, Mad Max 2 for the post apocalyptic car chases in the sun, and umm... Any number of medieval movies... I haven't really watched too many to pick a definite one.

Yeah, it was at least -20 Celsius yesterday night. But at least the roads are nice and clean, so there's no traffic.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 750 751 752 753 754 755 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games