Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*Ria High School*~

Back to Guilds

Good ol' fashion Magical High school RPing. 

Tags: High School, Magic, Ria RP, Role Playing, Semi-lit 

Reply ~*Ria High School*~
[OOC] General Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7537 7538 7539 7540 7541 7542 ... 8166 8167 8168 8169 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How much is your love for Ria High?
  Forev-ev-ev-evr
  I like it so much I would put a ring on it.
  its the place I know where the grass is greener. warm, wet. and wild.
  I DO AWESOME RPS AND FOLLOW THE RUUURRUUSS.
  Wait, this is from Jan. 30th 2011. THAT MEANS KURAI IS ALIVE. THE KURAI IS ALIVE AND HE IS TRAPPED IN 2011! TO THE DELOREAN!
View Results

Kaitae

Friendly Loiterer

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:11 pm
Winny, dear, that is a very interesting wish you have there. o.o;  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:33 pm
LadyLight
I'm a science geek in the field of education. I teach/tutor elem-high school. Usually my students come for help with chemistry and SAT prep. I instruct a reading/writing class too. What about you?

Oh, that's awesome! I usually think I'll be retiring as a teacher/essayist. I can't think of anything better than to pass on the very knowledge I've spent a lifetime to achieve.

I love chemistry, though... <3 It's the most brutal course here, but I'm enjoying it. It's soooo interesting! Simple experiments turn out to be wonderful excercises for the mind! Oil on the wheels as they are a'turning! Like, pressing an empty soda can between your hands so and pouring really cold water on it and watch it collapse by itself and then work out the molecular details behind it and explain it to my clueless lab partners! 3nodding  

Nadindel

-ProcrastinatingSpazz-
Vice Captain

Spoopy Elder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:05 pm
...I wish you were my lab partner
For the.. class I'm not taking 'til next year...
> 3>;;

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:12 pm
Elpinoine
LadyLight
I'm a science geek in the field of education. I teach/tutor elem-high school. Usually my students come for help with chemistry and SAT prep. I instruct a reading/writing class too. What about you?

I'm still in college but I have three part time jobs. I'm a secretary for residential life, the student life editor for the yearbook, and a student manager for "Late Night". (Basically we put on programs in the student union Fridays and Saturdays from 9pm-1am thats free for students and all.) I hope to teach English to middle or high school students once I graduate and get my masters though!

*high fives*

Wooh!! English teacher for the win!! Except I wanna teach English as a second language and travel all over world in the process!
I want to study abroad, that way I can get a better glimpse of the different school system. Right now I'm debating of either South Korea (Yo Seob, Nichkhun, T.O.P, Mir, Minho, Hong Gi, Kim Bum ::swoons:: ) or Japan because...well Japan is awesome.  

angeltrinity
Crew

Agent Sex Symbol

17,725 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100

-ProcrastinatingSpazz-
Vice Captain

Spoopy Elder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:21 pm
T-take me to Japan.. ; w;
-attaches to-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:27 pm
Tiff,
-super duper high fives-
I was originally supposed to study abroad at Yonsei University in Seoul this spring but my university was stupid and credits wouldn't transfer, so now I'll be abroad in London. My friend went to an international school in Japan (Hokkaido) for a semestre in high school and absolutely loved it. I highly suggest the experience! My roommate will be abroad in China this summer. ^^ Sorry if that was long winded.  

Elpinoine
Crew

Kaitae

Friendly Loiterer

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:28 pm
I seriously want to take to some abroad experiences, too, but there's just one problem..

My piggy bank is so broke it don't even oink no more. D:  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:35 pm
OMG that's so cool!!
Ya, I know, I want study abroad sssssoooooo bad!! It's definitely something I'm looking into.

Haha, Ya Kaitae, that's something I'm not really looking forward to. >.<
One good thing though is that I know my parents will help me out on this if I'm doing this for my education (which I am). Plus my grandparents will fer sure help me out, so I'm not too worried about expenses.

Right now I'm just focusing on getting all my credits done, which sadly I'm a little behind on. Next semester is gonna be a b***h. @___@  

angeltrinity
Crew

Agent Sex Symbol

17,725 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100

Elpinoine
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:39 pm
My parents have been nothing but supportive as well. I expected to have to pay a lot more, but they surprised me by covering a majority of my costs. They said it's because I work so hard and show that I have initiative. I think it also helps that my older brother studied abroad when he was in college. He went to Greece and had a great experience. Now he teaches history to 6th graders. (lol I'm starting to think that teaching is turning into a family profession!)

Anywho, I've gotta go take photos for yearbook but I'll be back later!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:07 pm
My goal for "studying abroad" is the mainland US. Either I manage to pull strings and land an internship in Iowa State's winter planting, or I go under the transfer program.

Transfering wouldn't be much of a problem economically speaking, I think. They either let us pay as a resident, or the standard fee as if I were attending just another year in my regular college. Then again, there's always housing, supplies, and whatnot to keep in mind, but whatever.

Problem is my GPA isn't all that astounding. I got a D in my first pre-calculus and many of my classes in the first semester were Cs. The second was more balanced, but I'm still juggling with a 2.6-7. This semester probably won't do much to help it because I just have sooo many material-heavy courses. I don't have too much of a problem with the main class, but the labs are ANNOYING! I enjoy the work, but I really hate writing reports. I know it's necessary and I'm fairly good at both analyzing the data and writing in a technical format, but still... I'd much rather give him an oral presentation.  

Nadindel

-ProcrastinatingSpazz-
Vice Captain

Spoopy Elder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:18 pm
lawl, you should visit and be my lab partner.

Also, after I finish this lame little instant dinner thing, I'm bringing Evie to the dance room
You don't have to take to her though or anything
Just throwing her out there. xD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:38 pm
De donde eres, Nadinel? o.o;

( Where you from?! )  

Kaitae

Friendly Loiterer

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200

Elpinoine
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:02 pm
¡OOOO Español! Lo siento, mi Español es muy mal. No he hablado español desde la escuela secundaria. xX ¡Mi grammatica es terrible!

Okay my terrible Spanish is over xX  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:05 pm
This has become a no Spazz zone.

-ProcrastinatingSpazz-
Vice Captain

Spoopy Elder

Nadindel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:13 pm
@Epi: Actually, it's pretty decent for a second language that you've only taken since Middle School. You can clearly tell what you're trying to say, not leaving me to guess and put the sentence back together.

@Kai: Puerto Rico! Desafortunadamente... =_=
No quiero decir que odio el sitio. Es una isla bellisima con una cultura que ahora estoy empezando a descubrir. [Me he criado en la area Metropolitana, asi que esa cultura es bien prestada a la de los Estados]

Pero es un sitio horrendo para vivir. El gobierno ahora es horrendo y un caos total. Han estado despidiendo obreros publicos por los miles cada semana, han habido huelgas... mi universidad estuvo asi por 12 dias y nos extendieron el horario a 24 de diciembre. Tras que, como si fuera un 'omen', la gasolinera 'Gulf' exploto la semana pasada.

En toda honestidad, me graduo y me largo pal'carajo. A vivir en los Estados y visito de vez en cuando.

@Spazz: Oh, I probably won't actually torment her in a while. I wouldn't want to give her such a hard first day... maybe the second... xD

In any case, now that Luna ran off, I'll probably have Varon head straight up your way. Oh! I got new art done for Varon, don't know if you saw it. It's at the bottom of his profile. It's awesome! 3nodding I like how she captured his lifeless skin, gaunt frame, and all that.

I'm not questing anything and had a bit to spare, so I paid her... 20k, I believe... I know I ripped myself off big time xD, but I don't mind...  
~*Ria High School*~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7537 7538 7539 7540 7541 7542 ... 8166 8167 8168 8169 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games