Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 754 755 756 757 758 759 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:49 pm
I'd like to see a Mikami/Kojima/Miyamoto team-up. Now that would be a crazy-a** game, whatever it turned out to be.

And RE4 was good. It's just too bad it was an RE game, which, we all know, ******** up RE. And I would even consider it horror. Action horror, but horror. Whereas RE5, that was just action.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:51 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
XxXKenpachiXxXZarakiXxX
dude wat the hell are u talking about i like RE4 but 1-3 were better they actully deal with zombies confused

You said your English wasn't very good?
That's what Shinji Mikami, the guy who created Resident Evil said.

oh kk mrgreen  

XxXKenpachiXxXZarakiXxX

o8Orobouros8o

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:21 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
xXDarling-ViolettaXx
Okay, Bio, unless you yourself are gay, don't speak up on behalf of an entire group. That's like a white person getting offended because you shoot black zombies in Africa.
Well, gay people are people too. And generally, with self respect. No self respecting human being, regardless of sexual preference, would want to look like Seymour.

Someone's Never watched Rupaul's Drag Race then. Laugh my butt of everytime because over half of it looks like it belongs in an FF game. And I know Gay people are people too, I live with them.

xXDarling-ViolettaXx
Summons are always a** kicking, but that may be because I always play as a summoner in every RPG.
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, like I said, I don't even bother using them in FFVIII, and I gotta say, being able to take a hit for a character is pretty useful. But I don't bother. I'm more of a, rig every character with highest possible attack, get rid of all mages from the party, and fight with physical head on.
I only use magic against strong enemies with a weakness, or in FF8, when I draw it from an enemy, never my own magic.

How the heck do you heal yourself then? Not negatively speaking or anything, just curious. My party is always focused on Dex and Mag, very few people are physically focused.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:58 am
Thee Stranger
I'd like to see a Mikami/Kojima/Miyamoto team-up. Now that would be a crazy-a** game, whatever it turned out to be.

And RE4 was good. It's just too bad it was an RE game, which, we all know, ******** up RE. And I would even consider it horror. Action horror, but horror. Whereas RE5, that was just action.

Mario Gear Evil?

Or no, how about

Super Metal Resident.

Hmm...  

King of Paradise

Javanomicron

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:55 pm
Chase Me To The End
Thee Stranger

Mario Gear Evil?

Or no, how about

Super Metal Resident.

Hmm...

Or Evil Metal Galaxy?

Or Resident Super Solid?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:30 pm
Thee Stranger
RE4 is still way overrated.

And even for an action horror game, it's not scary. It's as much horror as Gears of War.

xXDarling-ViolettaXx
How the heck do you heal yourself then? Not negatively speaking or anything, just curious. My party is always focused on Dex and Mag, very few people are physically focused.
Couple of ways.
I lied a little bit. The thing is, I never use the magic I junction. So, if I junction Curaga to my health, I never use it. But if I have my best possible stuff junctioned, and I have 100 Curas which are now outdated because everything I have is better, then yeah, I use the Curas, because they're useless to me then.
Other than that, I'm a big fan of Hi Potions. And also, there's the Recover ability you get from Carbuncle, which wastes nothing at all.
Although for the first part of FF8, I usually have a Magic-centric character, and that's whoever doesn't have Atk-J ability. But even then, I mostly use the magic from Draw. And a lot of boss type enemies have healing magic to draw.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:34 pm
Xenomina
Chase Me To The End
Thee Stranger

Mario Gear Evil?

Or no, how about

Super Metal Resident.

Hmm...

Or Evil Metal Galaxy?

Or Resident Super Solid?

xd
The Legend of Super Solid Lunar Galaxy 03: Evil Crisis Zone
Prime Integral Substance Director's Cut X... 64

@ Bio: Well, of course, I would agree that it's overrated. But that's coming from the perspective of a longtime fan that loved Resident Evil for what it was, and didn't need or want a change to the formula. Unfortunately, RE4 was a really good game. As painful as it was progressing through its storyline and gradually realizing that Umbrella/B.O.W.s were indeed out of the picture and this didn't feel like RE to me at all; leaving an empty feeling inside, the game was still a blast to play, and ate up many hours of my life. As I've said time and time again, if the thing came out as a completely separate title and didn't rape the storyline and put the proverbial bullet in the back of the Survival Horror genre's head, I'd probably be giving it as much praise as everyone else.

And it was horror. I've never found any videogame scary, and that includes the classic RE games. What made them horror was the atmosphere and tension. RE4 had that too, and did create quite a few tense moments, especially in the beginning. Maybe I just suck, but when I first popped it in, I remember thinking, "man, this game's hard". I was still getting used to the controls, and I really had no idea what was coming, and you really don't start out with a whole s**t-ton of ammo at first, but you were surrounded by s**t-tons of enemies. Shortly after the beginning though, ammo becomes plentiful and it gets easier and easier, and eventually, repetitive. But it still had a lot of tense moments coupled with a foreboding atmosphere. It was a horror game. And this is coming from someone who has played RE4, Gears of War 1&2, and RE5. I can safely say that RE5 is as much horror as Gears of War (pretty much because it IS a poor man's Gears of War), which is not at all. But I can't say the same for RE4. You can disagree all you want, but it was a horror game. I don't know about true horror, but horror. Point being, Mikami never took the horror out of RE (just everything else that made it what it was), and he can still do horror. That's all I have to say in regards to this issue. You can say what you want, but I've spoken my peace, and I'm not taking this to the debate forum. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:10 am
Thee Stranger
@ Bio: Well, of course, I would agree that it's overrated. But that's coming from the perspective of a longtime fan that loved Resident Evil for what it was, and didn't need or want a change to the formula. Unfortunately, RE4 was a really good game. As painful as it was progressing through its storyline and gradually realizing that Umbrella/B.O.W.s were indeed out of the picture and this didn't feel like RE to me at all; leaving an empty feeling inside, the game was still a blast to play, and ate up many hours of my life. As I've said time and time again, if the thing came out as a completely separate title and didn't rape the storyline and put the proverbial bullet in the back of the Survival Horror genre's head, I'd probably be giving it as much praise as everyone else.
Well, the thing is... Even the PS2 version of RE4 gets all this praise, saying like, "this is one of the best games on the PS2 ever!" Which is bullshit.
Snake Eater > RE4
The gameplay was deeper, the storyline (obviously) was better, the music didn't suck, the characters didn't suck, the graphics were better. RE4 for PS2 looked pretty crappy, and compensated by having its cinematics pre-rendered. MGS3 was done all in real time, and it's one of the best looking games on the PS2. So screw RE4. I mean, I know the GameCube had a shortage of good action games, but as far as PS2 games go, RE4 shouldn't even be in the top 50.

Thee Stranger
Point being, Mikami never took the horror out of RE (just everything else that made it what it was), and he can still do horror. That's all I have to say in regards to this issue. You can say what you want, but I've spoken my peace, and I'm not taking this to the debate forum. mrgreen
Well, that's all godd and fine, coming from a guy who says no video game has ever scared him.
But the fact of the matter is, I (and many other people) were terrified with our first RE experience. I remember I beat RE2... Or got close to the end, and a Moth flew into my window. And I freaked right the hell out, because of that room with the moth.
RE1, 2, 3, and especially remake, scared the crap out of me. That's horror. RE4 was intense. But it wasn't scary. It had monsters in it... Big deal. Doom 3 had more atmosphere than RE4.
Hell, I wouldn't even consider Haunting Ground horror.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Javanomicron

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:44 am
Thee Stranger
Xenomina
Chase Me To The End
Thee Stranger

Mario Gear Evil?

Or no, how about

Super Metal Resident.

Hmm...

Or Evil Metal Galaxy?

Or Resident Super Solid?

xd
The Legend of Super Solid Lunar Galaxy 03: Evil Crisis Zone
Prime Integral Substance Director's Cut X... 64

O_O Most. Epic. Game. EVER!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:34 pm
That reminds me of a drawing I did once of a zombie cyborg dinosaur with gun and ninja sword. But I unfortunately don't have it anymore. Hmm, maybe I'll make a 3D model of it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:41 am
Hey gang!!

I'm FINALLY on vacation... after not having a single day off since the second week of January, I have a week off!! YAAAAAY!!!!

So what's new with everyone this week? Details, my darlings... details!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:03 am
I started my vacation yesterday, and I beat BioShock 2... and as expected, it was an incredible addition to the story of Rapture! biggrin The new tweaks and locales are magnificent and haunting, and some of the new enemies are awesome too. The Big Sisters in particular... eegh. Talk about tough to kill. D:

Then I got No More Heroes 2. So. Much. Fun. Dual-wielding beam katanas, awesome minigames that are homages to some 8-bit favorites, and hilarious dialogue with jabs at sacred cows like MGS4 and the like... must-have, much like the original.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:35 am
Canas Renvall
I started my vacation yesterday, and I beat BioShock 2... and as expected, it was an incredible addition to the story of Rapture! biggrin The new tweaks and locales are magnificent and haunting, and some of the new enemies are awesome too. The Big Sisters in particular... eegh. Talk about tough to kill. D:

Then I got No More Heroes 2. So. Much. Fun. Dual-wielding beam katanas, awesome minigames that are homages to some 8-bit favorites, and hilarious dialogue with jabs at sacred cows like MGS4 and the like... must-have, much like the original.

No spoilers, but please tell me if you run into Bad Girl again! If not...Oh teh well...At least Destroy Man is back...He/she was another of my favs.

Man, just when I didn't think Disney could surprise me anymore...Shiii, was I wrong.

I'm still doing my Disney marathon that I started nearly a year ago, and I'm only about half way through lol.

Last night I watched The Fox and the Hound and The Black Cauldron.

The Fox and the Hound made me tear up, and I'm not afraid to admit that as a manly man. rolleyes

The Black Cauldron, which I watched for the first time and knew nothing about, blew me away. The f***?! Why the hell don't I ever hear anybody talk about this movie when it comes to Disney? It was such a grand epic, and surprisingly dark for a Disney movie, and that's what really took me aback. F***, The Horned King is by far the coolest Disney villian ever...Eff the likes of Jafar and Scar! Then again, maybe he was too scary for the kiddies...Which is why I prolly like him lol.

I Hope Disney can still surprise me like this when I continue the Marathon.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:19 pm
The black cauldron, eh? Alright, I shall check it out.

If you haven't seen Enchanted, I suggest you give it a gander. It was one of the best Disney movies I've seen since... Since before 1999.

Sidenote: Number of times I finished Silent Hill Shattered Memories: 16
Who knows, this might actually beat RE3 as my most times beaten game. RE3 currently holds the record at 31.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:25 pm
Hey, Notte. I'm on vacation too! Enjoy yours; mine is about to end. I just got back in from NYC Thursday night, and since I got back, I've been sitting on my a** and playing a lot of videogames. Particularly of the Wii variety.

First up, Mushroom Men: The Spore Wars. I'm really diggin' this game. It's a relatively simple platformer, but its unique imagery, bizarreness, and offbeat humor really sell the whole package for me. It also helps that I'm a huge fan of Primus, and Les Claypool does the soundtrack. It's nothing groundbreaking as far as platformers go, but it's still a good time nonetheless. And how many games let you play as a sentient, radiated mushroom tribesmen? Exactly.

Next up, Muramasa: The Demon Blade. I'm not very far into this one at all yet, but I have to say, it is one of the most visually beautiful games I have ever laid eyes upon. And that's saying something for the Wii. It's a side-scrolling hack & slash game with RPG elements. So far, it's simplistic and fun. I'll have more to say about this one later. I plan on diving back into it tomorrow. But if you have a Wii, I definitely recommend picking it up. For the visual eye candy if nothing else.

Which brings me to Deadly Creatures. Now this game is badass so far. Games like this are supposed to be what the Wii is all about. It is truly unique, and makes really good use of the motion controls. Has anyone else here played this? I've never played anything like it before. I'm glad I took the guy at Gamestop's recommendation. I'd never heard of it, and the cover looks so generic I would have never even given it a second look, dismissing as some sort of sloppy insect fighting game shovelware thing. I couldn't have been further from the truth. This game oozes (with an actually kinda creepy) atmosphere and totally immerses you into the insects' world-perspective, and the storyline is pretty intriguing so far too. Also, it's got some pretty damn nice graphics by Wii standards. If you don't have this one, definitely recommend it. It's a shame that games like this will often slip under the radar. With all the hype surrounding the big titles, or the "sacred cows", if you will, s**t like this won't get the attention it really deserves. Because, ya know... people are spoon-fed.

Anyway, and this why I love the Wii. I got 3 pretty frikkin' cool games for dirt-a** cheap.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 754 755 756 757 758 759 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games