Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 756 757 758 759 760 761 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:56 pm
Well, Indigo Prophecy was profitable enough that Quantic Dream went on to make Heavy Rain, so Heavy Rain's probably gonna do at least decent. Besides, who cares if it's a cult classic? That doesn't make it a bad game. You're making it sound like BECAUSE it's a cult classic you wouldn't bother with it...

Which game did it freeze on? And is it consistent? Did you try it again? Cause it happens with some games very rarely.

Sidenote: When I went to type "Did you try it again" I accidentally typed, "Did thy try it again" Weird...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:02 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, Indigo Prophecy was profitable enough that Quantic Dream went on to make Heavy Rain, so Heavy Rain's probably gonna do at least decent. Besides, who cares if it's a cult classic? That doesn't make it a bad game. You're making it sound like BECAUSE it's a cult classic you wouldn't bother with it...

Which game did it freeze on? And is it consistent? Did you try it again? Cause it happens with some games very rarely.

Sidenote: When I went to type "Did you try it again" I accidentally typed, "Did thy try it again" Weird...

What does thoust speak of, Lord Hazard?

I need to fix my PS3's connection; I haven't been online in a while...  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:13 pm
O that this too, too solid flesh would melt... ninja
Frankly, as far as Hamlet quotes go, I like that one better than "To be or not to be"  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:30 pm
Umm.. I'm a big Shenmue fan, and that is very much a cult classic. Both installments of that series flopped hardcore, and the final chapter will probably never see the light of day. Especially now that Yu Suzuki left Sega. But it has a rabid, niche fanbase. I'd say Snatcher is a cult classic too. At least here in the West. It also flopped hard, but has a rabid fanbase that remember it very fondly. So, no, cult classic does not mean bad.

I haven't played Indigo Prophecy, but I've played the demo of Heavy Rain and read up on it. The way the game is structured, it just doesn't seem like it's going to catch on with most of today's main demographic of gamers. You know the type. The fragheads who have no patience for "slow mo" crap. And the game apparently starts off very slow and has you performing such menial tasks as brushing your teeth and changing diapers. Shenmue was often criticized for similar kinds of things. Like how you had to work a job, or how you could literally open up and look through every drawer or cupboard, enter every building, waste an entire day at the arcade trying to top your score in Space Harrier, or even go grocery shopping. Now most people consider that stupid and boring and pointless, but for me, it served to completely suck me in to the game's character and his world. Which, like real life, is often mundane. But there was exciting s**t happening in it to experience if you stuck with it. It was a very slow-paced game, and didn't really start picking up until about three quarters in, and then left you on a cliff hanger. But most gamers fell asleep from boredom before they ever got there, and just didn't get it. Point being, it definitely wasn't for everybody. Just like I don't think Heavy Rain is going to be a game that a lot of people "get". But I could be wrong.

And the reason I'm not picking it up right away is because there's too many other games I'm much more interested in coming very soonish that take priority. Infinite Space, Aliens VS Predator, Red Steel II to name a few.  

Thee Stranger

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:20 pm
Just started downloading the demo now... Can't wait to play it. biggrin I agree that it'll probably be a cult classic, but that's not a bad thing. Like you said, look at Shenmue. ...Okay I can't say that, I have yet to play Shenmue. I'm a horrible person, I know. cry

But yeah, that, beat BioShock 2, still playing NMH2 (there are some cool surprises! biggrin ), and then gonna play the demo when it's downloaded even though I already preordered the game. Hoping I'll enjoy it. xd Then the RE5 DLC on Wednesday... way too much going on lately. @_@ And I think yeah, Infinite Space and Red Steel II will be awesome. AVP3 not so much. razz  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:24 pm
Infinite Space?

Grr. Now I have a major problem with the Ghostbusters game. After I beat the Time Square level and returned to the base, I turned the game off. When I resumed my career, it skipped a part of the game and thrusted me right into the next level! The hell! I could be missing something, dammit! (And from the looks of it, definitely am).

This game's saving function is horrible. I have no idea whenever I hit a checkpoint...I guess in the end, it's just a minor conveniance...

But still, never ran into a problem like that before.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:30 pm
Well, I'm not saying it's gonna become a greatest hit, but still, there's niche fanbases, and there's like... Just above niche. Indigo Prophecy did see the light of day, I was actually surprised how many people actually played it. Yeah, it totally felt like it was gonna be an extreme cult classic, but it actually got quite a bit of exposure. Like I said, not exactly mainstream, but definitely profitable. Heavy Rain will probably be in the same boat. I doubt it's gonna flop.
From what I read about Shenmue it's not so much that it flopped, it's just that it had a ridiculous budget. From what I read, every single Dreamcast owner would've had to buy two copies, in order for them to break even. Which isn't gonna happen obviously. So pretty much that it sold alright, just not nearly enough to make a profit.
Indigo Prophecy probably didn't have nearly that big of a budget, and I'm pretty sure Heavy Rain doesn't either. I mean, it looks like a remarkable game, but I just think it's because the guys at Quantic Dream knew what they were doing. As I recall, Quantic Dream also doubles as a special effects company in France.

@Chase: Never run into a problem like that when I was playing... That's odd. Just save at the Headquarters, after the scene, and before getting into Ecto-1. That's what I did. Whenever you get back to HQ and approach a certain area, a cutscene will play out. After that cutscene you start the next mission by entering Ecto. You can save right before that.
Also, be sure to check out the answering machine, there are some funny messages on it. As well as the Vigo painting.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:25 pm

I can't afford a ps3 or a 360,
so I'll stay outta this. o.o;
-noms a Steve Salad-

il Kaori li

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:53 am
Well, Stranger, Chase, and anyone else who gives a crap, I just released my list of Best of PS2, which you can check out in my journal. As you know, I love comments.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:35 pm
Just beat No More Heroes 2, and I was watching the credits.. and hell, I was blown away by the people who were in it. I didn't even recognize the voices of Yuri Lowenthal, Jennifer Hale, Quinton Flynn, and Paul Eiding. xd And even more surprising is who Quinton Flynn plays (no, it isn't Travis razz ). I didn't even know that... it's awesome. biggrin

However, another cool thing... The guy who did do Travis's voice, Robin Atkin Downes:

1. is British! xd
2. has a lot of talent with various types of voices. Some of his "oh-so-small" merits:

-Young and Middle Lorenzo in Haunting Ground
-Hiro Kasai in Killer7
-Navarro in Uncharted 1
-Tenzin in Uncharted 2
-Captain Slag in the Ratchet and Clank Future series
-Kazuhira Miller in the upcoming Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
-Faldio Landzaat in Valkyria Chronicles (AMAZING game, by the way, go play it!!)

And I guess you could say the biggest one... Having gone back and played it, I'm really surprised I didn't catch it sooner. He's the Prince in Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, and it really sounds similar to Travis. Check it yourself! razz

So yeah. That just got me so pumped when I saw all those names. xd Awesome game, btw, really funny as expected. All I'll say to Chase... Get ready for the dream sequence. You will "Wtf" and laugh. And of course, murder. smile

Edit: Oh and uh... No homo, Robin isn't exactly bad to look at.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:39 pm
I heard that Akira Yamaoka did one or two tracks for NMH2's soundtrack. That's all I have to say about that game. I'll probably check out the PS3 version of NMH1 when it comes out.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:39 pm
Hey guys. So, I have to start producing music for my movies, so I've been experimenting with some music making software.

Magix Music Maker 16 is ok, but it's not very good for producing wholy original songs, so I won't be using that. But, I did use it enough to make a song.

Whatev

What do you think? It's my first song...

I used the demo version of the software to make it, so sorry if it seems generic...I was very limited with my resources. I also didn't really play around with the sound modification.

That being said, I did work my a** off with this song. I tried to make it as unique as possible, so I took a long time to rip sound effects from all the samples provided and use them to a uniqueish effect.

Also, check out my channel name...I think some of you will get a laugh out of my moniker.

Lastly, I read your list Bio. I will comment on it in a little while. 3nodding  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:16 pm
Not bad. Sounds like something by the Immortals. Which is like, early 90's dance music, which, frankly, is a hell of a lot better than most House and Dance music that's being made today.
So, I guess what I'm saying is, you alone are better than the entire modern Euro-trashy House music industry.

I don't really know any good music making software on Windows. Acoustica Beatcraft is the best, if all you're looking for is a drum beat. Other than that... Well, I hear a lot about Fruity Loops, but never actually could get the hang of it myself.

The best, easiest, most accessible music software I ever used is definitely Garage Band on Mac OS X. But unless you got a Mac, that won't do you much good.

Now, I can't speak 100% on everyone's behalf, since I'm only one man, but I'm sure that depending on your project, my band wouldn't mind lending some of our music to you. But that won't be for a while, we're not quite at recording stages yet.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:43 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Not bad. Sounds like something by the Immortals. Which is like, early 90's dance music, which, frankly, is a hell of a lot better than most House and Dance music that's being made today.
So, I guess what I'm saying is, you alone are better than the entire modern Euro-trashy House music industry.

I don't really know any good music making software on Windows. Acoustica Beatcraft is the best, if all you're looking for is a drum beat. Other than that... Well, I hear a lot about Fruity Loops, but never actually could get the hang of it myself.

The best, easiest, most accessible music software I ever used is definitely Garage Band on Mac OS X. But unless you got a Mac, that won't do you much good.

Now, I can't speak 100% on everyone's behalf, since I'm only one man, but I'm sure that depending on your project, my band wouldn't mind lending some of our music to you. But that won't be for a while, we're not quite at recording stages yet.

90s dance music. Spot on. Exactly what I was going for lol. It's my personal favorite period of dance music.

I also wanna be like Justice, though, and infuse rock with my dance music.

Yeah, I'm probably gonna end up using Fruity Loops myself.

With it, I hope to achieve the First Blood theme remix I've visualized in my head for years now lol.

I would so appreciate having your bands music in my movie. My friend told me that that's the best way to go.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:00 pm
Well, I'll talk to them.
My original band fell apart actually. We couldn't find a Bassist and then the drummer lost interest. But the guitarist has another band and he's been having problems with the vocalists they've been getting, so he invited me to sing for that band instead. And they've been together for a while, already have like 5 songs created, so it's a great start.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 756 757 758 759 760 761 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games