Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 757 758 759 760 761 762 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:26 am
Obviously it's cause when Niphy goes on holiday for four days the guild ******** DIES.

@Mac v Windows: The point is though, that windows breaks ALL THE TIME, so you HAVE to be able to fix it easily; on the other hand, macs hardly crash at all, and they have self-restore functions built in etc. Also there are only like 70 viruses for mac and tens of thousands for windows P; and yes, they are a lot better looking. Everything about them. I dunno about windows 7 tbh, I haven't seen it yet, but I'm considering maybe getting Google Chrome OS when it comes out which means I'll never have to touch 7 XD;

@t0shi - xDD; well, you WERE engaged to him after all.. rofl

@B&B - Yush >D and now I will eat you! /lights a fire

@LV - I like the green too <3 pity there isn't a safari add-on which lets you autoformat posts ):

@braces - I've never had them either~  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:00 am
It's kind of weird that this is supposed to be dark sea green, but I swear the light green is darker ¬.¬

@ Niphy: O.O Is there an Internet Explorer add-on which lets you autoformat posts? OMGdidn'tknowthat ninja
I wonder if it works on Google Chrome...

Windows 7 looks much better than Vista.
At least they made decent backgrounds xD
But WTF now everyone is jut copying Mac with that huge toolbar at the bottom of the screen.

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:48 am
There are a couple of different firefox ones, I used to have the tektek toolbar <3

Yeah, the dock is such a mac rip-off D<  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:40 am
GUYS GUESS HOW MUCH I PAID FOR THIS ART. YOU WILL NOT GUESS, IT'S A RIDICULOUS PRICE. BUT GUESS.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'M SO CHUFFED.  

Niphz
Crew

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:57 pm
Hmm... 4321 gold? xD  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:43 pm
ninja 30 going to basic aug. 17th ninja  

berryscary1

Kodocha579

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:50 pm
meh i dont use the huge bar at the bottom i think its lame lulz.
and idk how much??

i never do art on comps, i always do it by hand and then would scan it in,

btw is there still a rant thread?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:18 pm
@niph: Windows does crash more than Mac OS and it is targeted by way more viruses. But that's because Windows still controls more than 90% of the computer market. Also, another reason why Macs are more secure is that Mac Os does not allow any .exe files to open. This effectively shuts out most viruses. On the other hand, this also means that Macs aren't really upgradeable. You can't take a Mac apart and perform DIY surgery on it to give a new processor, hard drive or graphics card like you can with a PC. Likwise the Mac OS probably won't be as customisible as Windows 7 will be.  

Minielf

Kodocha579

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:05 pm
Yea!! go elfy =P ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:35 pm
Lol 'elfy, you've obviously never seen a MacBook before.. On the back of mine, it has little buttons which help you open it up in case you want to install extra RAM or HD space. You don't even really have to get your hands messy. As for the OS itself, it has a shitload of customisable features which windows can't lay a finger on, such as spaces (mac's virtual desktop thing, it lets you organise applications/documents etc into up to 16 different virtual spaces) or voice command. Also there are developer tools built in to help programmers do the stuff they want, including sample coding and help packages and everything. Again not something you'd see on windows. So in fact, macs are far more customisable than windows PCs. It is true that far more people use windows, but this is really due to the fact that a large proportion of computers are owned by businesses - and windows with its dominant MS Office suite has work-related stuff pretty much covered. But for personal use, now that I've tried both, mac is definitely the way to go.  

Niphz
Crew

berryscary1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:34 am
But What about Microsoft Visual C++!!! You can download it for free off of the internet, and that is the only thing you need to program the craziest program you want! And the customization, i think that is where the .exe comes in. With all of those freelance programmers, im sure there is more than a few storage systems out their like the mac. Voice command? DRAGON SPEECH!!! I was watching third graders use it at our school, and they could write/speak essays, save files, and surf the internet.I don't know, but can you exchange the graphics card?

Well, time for me to go to drill crying I might get back on in two days wink  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:55 am
Wow, interesting conversation that you've all got going on here.

Just so there's a third option, Linux, albeit burdened with a steep learning curve, can easily be customized with either the macOS or windows interface.

The best part is that Linux is free, is fully customizable and if needed can be customized to any hardware available (think of an OS where every driver installed is specific to your computer, no bloat from things that you'll never use). For those playing games or needing apps on Windows/MacOS, Linux also has "emulators" which allow you to run those programs in a "virtual bottle" of your choosing -- i.e. XP, Win 2000, Vista, Mac Tiger, Mac Leopard, etc.

Personally I run Ubuntu (64-bit), with AWN dock which simulates the MacOS Leopard interface. For Office, Photoshop and games, I run CrossOver which allows me to emulate other operating systems when needed. For me, while running Linux, running Windows session is no different than clicking on an icon to open a new browser.

The virus or scripting concerns are lessened in Linux, even when compared with MacOS. Based on the way that Linux authenticates executables, rogue applications, even downloaded are not likely to cause any damage. Plus, most virus are written for Windows, and less for Mac, there are virtually none for Linux -- yet if you need Linux Antivirus (also free!), get ClamAV.

Oh yeah, everything is downloadable and free! Link: http://www. ubuntu .com/

ninja  

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:41 am
OMG! Charlie actually spoke! And it's not in white text either! (xD)

I found this cute Mac vs PC thing on DeviantART:
User Image
^xD Obviously supporting Elfy and Snow~

@ Snow: I haven't seen the rant thread around for ages...
Or the "Post your random pictures thread"...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:04 am
linux is nice, however when my friend installed it he had problems with simple drivers like sound, which was solved but still a pain. though i do like linux because you can customize so much with it,

windows seven is very customizable if you're talking just the application side and organization, and so many people say that windows releases things too early but I like that they release beta versions cause getting feedback from users i think is a great thing, and with all the updates you have to do, i think its great because they're coming out with better ways of doing things, innovation is always a plus,

i've used both macs and pcs, and macs may be better for certain aspects but overall i feel that pcs are better for what i like to do and switching to a mac would be a hassel though, my dad tried to switch and i guess he uses alot of windows programs were he ended up having to buy programs such as quick books and then it's different to use so he kept getting frustrated.

and there are so many programs and such windows gives out for free especially for students such as microsoft designer for technology, math science and engineering students

i'm in school for engineering and so i use programs that windows gives out for free for engineering, now i'm not sure if mac does that or not but i think its awesome how pcs are oriented around education as they give my school.. er the IT section.. free programs to use and distribute even common ones like microsoft office and such

edit: lini: i think we should start another rant thread.. and i love the animation, i just sent it to my boyfriend cause we were discussing pc v macs for about an forty minutes  

Kodocha579

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:52 am
*rides over the waves if Mac and art*

ninja  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 757 758 759 760 761 762 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games