Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*Ria High School*~

Back to Guilds

Good ol' fashion Magical High school RPing. 

Tags: High School, Magic, Ria RP, Role Playing, Semi-lit 

Reply ~*Ria High School*~
[OOC] General Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7588 7589 7590 7591 7592 7593 ... 8166 8167 8168 8169 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How much is your love for Ria High?
  Forev-ev-ev-evr
  I like it so much I would put a ring on it.
  its the place I know where the grass is greener. warm, wet. and wild.
  I DO AWESOME RPS AND FOLLOW THE RUUURRUUSS.
  Wait, this is from Jan. 30th 2011. THAT MEANS KURAI IS ALIVE. THE KURAI IS ALIVE AND HE IS TRAPPED IN 2011! TO THE DELOREAN!
View Results

Celestial Lullaby
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:18 pm
Heya Pi^^

The only reason I've got one is so I can access my bank account while traveling later this year.

Side note: Listening to Dégénération--Mes Aïeux which means it'll be stuck in my head for the next few days. And I don't even care.

Hmm.. I suppose a University transfer is out of the question? You seem sort of devoid of options there..

Haha, romance languages. Made me think of Cyrano de Bergerac. It's a French film with really flowery language. Mostly, I don't think that French sounds romantic, but that film makes me want to change my mind.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:31 pm
O.O Transfer?! Heeelllllll no...
I'm majoring in Agronomy and, living in Puerto Rico, I don't have all that many choices.
This is arguably among the best, if not the best college in the region.
Especially in Science and Engineering.
Ironically enough, they don't have many colleges that offer agricultural courses here.

My only transfer option would be something like Iowa State University... and my family can't afford to send me anywhere in the states.
If I'm going anywhere, it's by majorly kissing professor-butts so they could give me a paid internship, a recomendation to either the college or a local company to send me on paid-studies.
Thanks to my horrifying first year, my GPA is at about... 2.6-7, so I don't qualify for scholarships.
There's also the fact that my mother made about 100k last year, so we don't qualify for any grant.
And yeah, despite the three figures, they can't afford me to send me anywhere else.

Nadindel

Nadindel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:33 pm
Edit: 'Ey Spazzo!
Posted!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:35 pm
@Aili, Yes, I did~ And now I'm going to have to type two more commentaries for tomorrow X3 <3~ ^__^

@Nadindel, lol xD You ate them all while I was gone, did you! P-I-G! D
@Celestial, hey~ ^__^ welcome back! <3

Pearlholy
Crew

Supreme Fatcat

Winny-chan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:36 pm
Look guys I'm a flaming angry potato!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:39 pm
I though it was a long shot. Too bad about those scholarships. There are ones that don't depend on academics, though, or financial need. I don't suppose you were involved in any leadership programs?  

Celestial Lullaby
Crew

LadyLight
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:40 pm
@Winny-chan So cute =D I swear you change your avatar at least twice these past few days O_o  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:42 pm
I can't find an avatar that I really like.... I have too many items now and too much choice LOL  

Winny-chan
Crew

-ProcrastinatingSpazz-
Vice Captain

Spoopy Elder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:44 pm
Minto; That skin made me laugh so hard. xDD
I went on my mule to see what it was

Alright Nadi!
I'll go reply.. and then head to bed probably. > >;
My head hurtssss

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:45 pm
Dude I know LOL I checked right when the announcement went out and my skin was the same, so I was like uhhh what's the change

THEN I SAW A MOD WITH THE SKIN AND I WAS LIKE WTF IS THIS

so i put it on and its awesome  

Winny-chan
Crew

Nadindel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:48 pm
Pi: And risk you eating them! WORTH IT!

Winny: A BAKED POTATO!
=3 I'm hungry!

Celest: I don't even have the slightest idea of what that is... most of the high schools here don't even compare to the ones in mainland US. I was never even involved in any elective courses or clubs, much less leadership programs.

I am, however, helping a student organization in my college to achieve some sort of officially recognized status. I'm trying to contact the leaders to see where we are now and what I can do to help further the goal, but that's really the most I can say.

I'll probably use my contacts like the professor that's supervising my investigation to send me on an internship, maybe pull a few strings for an exchange program to study for a few years there. There's a good chance for me to get a contract for paid graduate studies in places like Iowa as well.

I don't have many options, but I am building the foundations for it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:57 pm
::GLOWS::  

MintGekkou
Captain

-ProcrastinatingSpazz-
Vice Captain

Spoopy Elder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:57 pm
Minto; A lot of people seemed really upset by it. xD;;;

Posted Nadi!

-grabs Kurai's booty and then stumbles off to bed-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:58 pm
I prefer Celeste with an 'e' if you don't mind.

I'm Canadian, darling, so I'm probably even further off the mark. I apologize for my ignorance.

Good for you! Sounds like you're working hard. More than I can say for myself. If there's one thing I need to learn it's discipline.

Too bad you're not a petrochemical engineer.. or any one pertinent to the oil industry. A couple years ago when Fort MacMurry was booming I believe they paid 160K a year right out of school for some kind of engineer. Internships would have been easy as pie back then too.

But, of course, the past is the past.  

Celestial Lullaby
Crew

LadyLight
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:59 pm
potato?

I'm getting hungry now. I want college late nite. Never thought I'd actually miss that stuff. Mozzarella cheese sticks, pizza bites, curly fries, chicken fingers, chicken wings. *drools* Oooh and the fresh fruit smoothies were so good too!  
~*Ria High School*~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7588 7589 7590 7591 7592 7593 ... 8166 8167 8168 8169 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games