Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Resident Evil 5 Discussion:: The Infection Spreads Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

X_D_Farad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:03 am
I'd like to see Nicholai in RE5.

He's a grossly underrated character, overshadowed by Wesker. Don't get me wrong, Wesker's a fine antagonist, but I don't like the fact that he just loiters around relishing his success rather than just getting on with the job. That's what I like about Nicholai, he's adroit and professional. I'm also certain that he survived the events of RE3, with his escape in the chopper being the official canon.

I'm also inclined to believe that Nicholai's role in the original Outbreak was canon, despite the game itself falling into the semi-canon area. It makes sense for him to have escaped Raccoon, and then later ask for a report on what remains of the city. So yeah, it fits so I'm going with it.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:51 pm
Rick Deckard
I'd like to see Nicholai in RE5.

He's a grossly underrated character, overshadowed by Wesker. Don't get me wrong, Wesker's a fine antagonist, but I don't like the fact that he just loiters around relishing his success rather than just getting on with the job. That's what I like about Nicholai, he's adroit and professional. I'm also certain that he survived the events of RE3, with his escape in the chopper being the official canon.

I'm also inclined to believe that Nicholai's role in the original Outbreak was canon, despite the game itself falling into the semi-canon area. It makes sense for him to have escaped Raccoon, and then later ask for a report on what remains of the city. So yeah, it fits so I'm going with it.

You're really not looking at the big picture. You're saying it like all Wesker does is sit back and let his people do the work. That's just RE4. He was active in REmake, he was active in Code Veronica and it looks to me like he's gonna be on the scene in the new scenario of Umbrella Chronicles, so he hardly loiters.

But I do agree with you that Nicholai has to be brought back. You do find his report written after Oct. 1.  

Biohazard EXTREME

X_D_Farad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:39 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
You're really not looking at the big picture. You're saying it like all Wesker does is sit back and let his people do the work. That's just RE4. He was active in REmake, he was active in Code Veronica and it looks to me like he's gonna be on the scene in the new scenario of Umbrella Chronicles, so he hardly loiters.

But I do agree with you that Nicholai has to be brought back. You do find his report written after Oct. 1.

He was involved with the Spencer Mansion, but he didn't do much in RE2. He sat back and let Ada do all the work, though he did rescue her once she fell to her death. I don't know, maybe this is just a way for me to vent my frustrations on the numerous "OMG WESKER! ^_^" fangirl ******** out there. *shrug*  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:50 pm
I take offense to that. Leon fangirls are WAY WAY worse.

Your opinion is your own, I'm not trying to change that. Fangirl isn't what bothered me... it was the manner in which you used it.

Wesker couldn't be seen in Raccoon city in Resident Evil 2, you "********", because he was supposed to be dead. Does that ring a bell? How would it look if he suddenly came up alive? Do some homework before you insult people here, please. We aren't imbeciles.

Vent your frustrations in your journal. Don't bring your bad karma here.  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

X_D_Farad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:17 pm
I have to return some videotapes.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:31 pm
Rick Deckard
I have to return some videotapes.

I'm missing the reference... Could you explain that to me, please?  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

La Duchesse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:01 pm
Well, I'm a fangirl of Wesker and proud of it, because he so cool like that. And like Notte said, Leon's fanbase is worse. pirate  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:48 pm
Wesker is actually COOL. It wasn't his pretty hair that attracted the fangirls, it was his overall appeal.  

Biohazard EXTREME

necrophagette

Wheezing Dabbler

14,600 Points
  • Bunstroyer 100
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Screeching Savior 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:58 am
Okay first of all, there is nothing worse than Leon's fanbase. I know because i'm totally part of it. I also liked Carlos. *shun shun* sweatdrop

Moving on; while I do think that Code Veronica was cannon, I also think that only the more hardcore fans of the series played it. A lot of people don't even know about it, much less who Alexia is (I know, I know, we already finished this topic) so it'd just be silly to bring her back after Resident Evil 4. There's a whole new younger generation fanbase now that never even played the original games, and random code veronica characters would just confuse all the 15 year olds who don't know what the hell is going on.

Having just bitched about how they shouldn't bring random stuff back, I would LOVE to see Sherry!! That would pretty much be the ultimate cool. She's what, like 19 now? I'd be all about knowing what's happened to her since RE2.

PS: I hated Steve. And considering that Leon did pretty well in a knife fight with Krauser, I'm sure that he would win in a b***h fight with either Carlos or Steve. /end fangirlism

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:40 am
Yes. YES. YEE- Wait. Where'd you get that piano? *splat*

*ahem* As I said! RE4 didn't live up to it's 'survival horror' genre. It's become an action game... *sigh* I can only say that RE5 could become another action game... However, let's just pray that the fifth wouldn't have money / merchants in them. I mean, no matter how hilarious to confront the guy or kill him or what-nots, he kind of ruined the gameplay. Or actually, he might as well did. Although I do have to thank him for having some people make even more funny videos about the Merchant (rotflol).

Um, I think it's only reasonable for Sherry to make a return here... I mean, yeah, her role was pretty much *run-squeal-cause trouble for claire and leon*, but her necklace did play a role that connected to Wesker's schemes. I think? You know what? I actually do pray that the girl IS Sherry.

Kobo-chan

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:26 am
Sherry is the most logical choice... She would be 20 now. My age... Haha... Ironically enough.

Unfortunately I can't see the series being what it once was, mostly because of the new fanbase. Granted, I'll still buy it and play it when it comes out, but let's just hope we wont see another parasite that essentially turns the game into something it isn't.

More Wesker action would be great... I would personally kill for a Wesker / Chris confrontation that is double the magnitude of the Leon / Krauser knife fight. Psychological battery included, please!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:26 pm
Kobo-chan

*ahem* As I said! RE4 didn't live up to it's 'survival horror' genre. It's become an action game... *sigh* I can only say that RE5 could become another action game... However, let's just pray that the fifth wouldn't have money / merchants in them. I mean, no matter how hilarious to confront the guy or kill him or what-nots, he kind of ruined the gameplay.

I don't wanna see the merchant system again either, But frankly, I'm more worried about RE5's storyline. I sincerely hope that unlike RE4, RE5 won't consist of a shallow plot and one-dimentional characters.  

Biohazard EXTREME

BabyOil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:28 pm
I'm sure that Capcom will learn from their mistakes.(Hopefully) For
Carnemire I agree that Leon would win against Carlos. But not Steve. Especially if Wesker DID bring him back. He would certainly be stronger,smarter and more mature. I think it is VERY likely that he'll come back. :] I'm sure if Steve was more bad a** he could redeem himself.^^
Steve fangirl lololololololol. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:50 pm
Yeah. To me, it looks like some kind of 'other virus' is infecting the people in RE5. To be honest, the shoulder-camera angle and free-aim feature is useful if the setting is quite big, let alone fitting 50 mobsters in one stage lol. Since they're most likely going to put that camera angle back into here, I can only hope the storyline (agrees with extreme) really gives a bang to us. You know what I think? I actually hope that I get to see more 'back ground' stories between Umbrella, Wesker, Chris and Sherry, more than the storyline itself ;o  

Kobo-chan

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:40 pm
BabyOil
I'm sure that Capcom will learn from their mistakes.(Hopefully) For
Carnemire I agree that Leon would win against Carlos. But not Steve. Especially if Wesker DID bring him back. He would certainly be stronger,smarter and more mature. I think it is VERY likely that he'll come back. :] I'm sure if Steve was more bad a** he could redeem himself.^^
Steve fangirl lololololololol. ninja

Well, according to RE fans it was a mistake... But according to Capcom all it was was BIG MONEY. So I wouldn't be surprised of Chris is another character Capcom will corrupt with ridiculous stunts and cheesy one-liners.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 163 164 165 166 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games