Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 759 760 761 762 763 764 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:40 am
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Memento

A Dog Day Afternoon (******** Scarface)

Reservoir Dogs

Falling Down

Forest Gump

Apollo 13

Glory

Stand by Me

Miller's Crossing

The Big Lebowski

Midnight Run

Office Space

Clerks

High Plains Drifter

This isn't my list. I wouldn't be crazy enough to try to compile something like that. I'm just naming off kick-a** movies that should be on your lists.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:52 am
I actually haven't seen most of those. But hey, I'm getting close to have seen like... Almost every movie worth watching this past decade, and once that's done, I'll catch up on my 90's.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:46 pm
Really? Some of those movies are must-see. Memento is one of the most unique, amazing thrillers I've ever seen. And intrestingly enough, The Last Guardian uses the score from Miller's Crossing. E3 Trailer. Awesome. I remember when I showed that movie to one of my friends way back, and the score was playing on the menu screen and he was like "I thought you said this was a gangster movie. Is this gonna make me cry?" xd  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:05 pm
Well, like I said, I'm sorta working backwards. Once I see everything there was worth seeing in 2000's, I'll move onto 1990's an so on.

I watched all six Saw movies last night for the first time. I gotta say, I wasn't disappointed. Number one was the best, but overall, they were all enjoyable.

EDIT: By the way, Stranger, it's your turn to choose a word for the "Replace a word in a quote" thread.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:11 pm
Well, Memento is 2001 wink

And yeah, the original Saw is the only one I like...

My turn? I thought it was Notte's turn?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:22 pm
Well the judge bumped her, cause she hasn't been around.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:34 pm
Thee Stranger
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Memento

A Dog Day Afternoon (******** Scarface)

Reservoir Dogs

Falling Down

Forest Gump

Apollo 13

Glory

Stand by Me

Miller's Crossing

The Big Lebowski

Midnight Run

Office Space

Clerks

High Plains Drifter

This isn't my list. I wouldn't be crazy enough to try to compile something like that. I'm just naming off kick-a** movies that should be on your lists.

Basically, I'm going through lists of movies released yearly to compile my favorites. So, it's gonna take a while...

Umm, the only movies on this list that might make it is Resevoir Dogs and Forrest Gump...Planes, Trains, and Automobiles is cutting it close.

Lessee, Memento was cool, but the gimmick was not enough for me to love it. Never seen Dog Day Afternoon, Falling Down, Miller's Crossing, or Midnight Run. Apollo 13 bored me. Glory is memorable, but I'm not a fan of war movies.
Stand by Me is classic, but that doesn't mean I love it. The Big Lebowski, even though it had gut busting moments, wasn't funny enough (Or at least funny at a constant rate). Same applies for Office Space and Clerks. And even though they were all clever films, I prefer to laugh than be enriched by comedies. And I'm taking For a Few Dollars More over High Plains Drifter. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:01 pm
Are they gonna be in order? Like 100 being your least most favorite and 1 being your topmost favorite? Or in no particular order?  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:30 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Are they gonna be in order? Like 100 being your least most favorite and 1 being your topmost favorite? Or in no particular order?

The first five will be in order, and than the rest will just be in alphabetical order.

My first five are (And of course expect overkill):

1. The Evil Dead
2. The Evil Dead III: Army of Darkness
3. Phantasm
4. The Evil Dead II
5. ?

I'm not exactly sure about number 5, but I'm leaning with Labyrinth.

Alright, 1970-1973 is done. Just 36 more years to go lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:53 pm
Well, I would argue that there's a lot more to Memento than a "gimmick". The way it's structured is only one reason of many why I love it. All the ones you haven't seen, you need to see. Like, now. Dog Day Afternoon is on PSN, coincidentally. You can rent it for just two bucks. It's based on a true story and it's a really good movie. Trust. Miller's Crossing and Midnight Run are fairly obscure in the mainstream, but how could you have not seen Falling Down? That's, like, a definitive 90s classic. You can't cover the 90s without seeing this movie first. I would argue that it even served as some visual reference for GTA San Andreas. Take the most famous scene in the movie for example. I don't understand how Apollo 13 could have bored you, but, whatever. I'm not huge on war movies either, but as far as war movies go, I think Glory is the best one ever made. And, well, that's why Planes, Trains, and Automobiles should definitely be on there. Because it's one of the few that's hilarious and consistently funny, but also very poignant and enriching. John Hughes' best by far, if you ask me.  

Thee Stranger

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:24 pm
Thee Stranger
Well, I would argue that there's a lot more to Memento than a "gimmick". The way it's structured is only one reason of many why I love it. All the ones you haven't seen, you need to see. Like, now. Dog Day Afternoon is on PSN, coincidentally. You can rent it for just two bucks. It's based on a true story and it's a really good movie. Trust. Miller's Crossing and Midnight Run are fairly obscure in the mainstream, but how could you have not seen Falling Down? That's, like, a definitive 90s classic. You can't cover the 90s without seeing this movie first. I would argue that it even served as some visual reference for GTA San Andreas. Take the most famous scene in the movie for example. I don't understand how Apollo 13 could have bored you, but, whatever. I'm not huge on war movies either, but as far as war movies go, I think Glory is the best one ever made. And, well, that's why Planes, Trains, and Automobiles should definitely be on there. Because it's one of the few that's hilarious and consistently funny, but also very poignant and enriching. John Hughes' best by far, if you ask me.

No, please tell me what more you think there is to Memento. I have had my mind changed in the past.

Read up on both Falling Down and Dog Day Afternoon. I'll give 'em both a look. Umm, as for Miller's Crossing...I still have a lot of Coen brothers to catch up on, heh. But No Country for Old Men will be in my top 100...And maybe I'll see Midnight Run...

Apollo 13 bored me because...It just did.

John Hughes movies are dramedies in my opinion. So they don't have to follow the outline of what I want from a comedy. So I can agree that it does both very well.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:17 pm
Have you watched a lot of movies that came out before 1970?
I decided to go ahead and do mine, and it took me about a couple of hours. I'm at 120, so I just gotta eliminate 20 of them, and I got my list. But they're all there.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:26 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Have you watched a lot of movies that came out before 1970?
I decided to go ahead and do mine, and it took me about a couple of hours. I'm at 120, so I just gotta eliminate 20 of them, and I got my list. But they're all there.

Yes. Just none (Except Pinocchio and For a Few Dollars More) are my favorites.

F***? A couple of hours! It took me a couple of hours to get through one decade.

Can't wait to read it.

Mine will prolly still take a few days to a week.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:33 pm
Well, I worked backwards and most of the time was spent between 2009 and 1980. The 70's, 60's, 50's etc. I didn't see THAT much, so I just skimmed through them, until I recognized something.
Wikipedia has lists of movie releases for each year, it's really easy to just scan through them and see what you catch.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:41 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, I worked backwards and most of the time was spent between 2009 and 1980. The 70's, 60's, 50's etc. I didn't see THAT much, so I just skimmed through them, until I recognized something.
Wikipedia has lists of movie releases for each year, it's really easy to just scan through them and see what you catch.

That's what I'm using, but I'm scanning through them carefully, and I oft have to stop and mull a movie over in my head.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 759 760 761 762 763 764 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games