Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*Ria High School*~

Back to Guilds

Good ol' fashion Magical High school RPing. 

Tags: High School, Magic, Ria RP, Role Playing, Semi-lit 

Reply ~*Ria High School*~
[OOC] General Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7608 7609 7610 7611 7612 7613 ... 8166 8167 8168 8169 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How much is your love for Ria High?
  Forev-ev-ev-evr
  I like it so much I would put a ring on it.
  its the place I know where the grass is greener. warm, wet. and wild.
  I DO AWESOME RPS AND FOLLOW THE RUUURRUUSS.
  Wait, this is from Jan. 30th 2011. THAT MEANS KURAI IS ALIVE. THE KURAI IS ALIVE AND HE IS TRAPPED IN 2011! TO THE DELOREAN!
View Results

dj_takuya

4,150 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:00 am
Cool! Good to hear it, Vamp!

You're a late sleeper, too, huh Sukai? Cool! Glad I'm not the only night owl around here! Also, what about drawing skin tones provides problems?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:11 am
I'm not good at shading with light sources. As you can see, everything is just shaded randomly, but because the lines are so distracting (plenty of strands of hair, flowy scarf) it's rather unnoticeable. However with skin you need a light source otherwise the skin starts looking like plastic. Plus, I haven't yet settled in a style, so I can't can't away with claiming the skin is 'Stylistic'. Basically, it's very troublesome. And since I tend towards being a perfectionist, I end up cursing my computer rather loudly and taking refuge in a hot bath to calm down.

Ugh, 1:10 AM here. But I work at 4 tomorrow, so no need to sleep anytime soon.  

Celestial Lullaby
Crew

Kaitae

Friendly Loiterer

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:25 am
I think it looks fine as is, Celeste. Like, maybe if you did shading on the skin it would be minor? If you did the light as if it was coming from directly above, would that work? >_> :: has no idea about shading techniques ::  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:50 am
I agree with Kaitae, I think you should add in some light shading, at least get the shadows in there.
I'll be sure to PM you right now about the commission.

Good Morning Everyone!  

Elpinoine
Crew

Nadindel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:41 am
Ah, back... apparently it was only a mild stomach bug. I tend to catch those a lot, for some reason.

Oh, I'm considering extending my major so I can get the necessary credits to be a High School chemistry teacher and study part-time for long after I graduate to get the rest of the credits for a full professor.

I still haven't thought it through, but I saw one of the counselors and she told me that I don't necessarily need to switch majors to teach chemistry or even get a Master's in the Chem department.

I'm much too scared to switch majors for now, though... chemistry is basically the deepest circle of hell here and I highly doubt I'll make it if I don't develop decent studying habits. =/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:03 am
Nadi:
Take deep breaths and SLOW DOWN. I know how you're feeling right now. You're overworked and overexcited. There are so many things you have to do and want to do, and you feel like a lot of opportunities are falling in your lap. You need to think things through carefully-- IE: more than a week lol. I went through the same dilemma in choosing a major. One day I was off to be a business major, the next healthcare administration, the next comm, I even considered a double major of Spanish and Business. Note that this all came about over a week to two weeks. xX  

Elpinoine
Crew

Nadindel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:37 am
I'd gone through this before when I wanted to study philosophy as a major and become a writer until I can be a full-time college professor. It took me a week or two for me to calm down and decide to take a few courses on philosophy as an elective and at best be a part-time essayist.

I got bored in my botany lab that I had an "epiphany" that maybe Agro wasn't really what I wanted. I'd always liked chemistry and had developed the persception to 'see' chemical reactions and whatnot occuring. Instead of a block of ice melting, I could visualize the energized gas particles coliding and transferring energy to the solid water, allowing them to vibrate enough to partially free themselves from the chemical bonds and flow down as water. Agro was interesting to me, but maybe Chemistry was my calling- and I wouldn't be the first one to suggest that.

But, knowing my episode with philosophy, I thought I might gather the data and let it sit for a while. It would be very hard for me to switch- I'd need to retake physics for two semesters and raise my GPA upwards of 3.0, which would be a real pain given that almost half of my grades, maybe even a bit more, were Cs and my GPA stood at around 2.6. Not to mention pass my current chemistry class with an A.

In any case, this hype is further supplemented by the lingering effects of the exchange program orientation. While it's currently extremely hard to maintain an objective point of view on the matter, I'm still biting my lips to keep myself calm.

And yes... that's an accurate sum of what I'm feeling. Overworked and overexcited for both the "new major" and the exchange program. The opportunities are presenting themselves like a candy store in front of a sweet-toothed child who only has a tiny amount of savings and an entire host of delectable sweets to choose from. I should know... I've been in that allegorical situation.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:41 am
Ahh, it's good that you realize that though. You're being smart in weighing you options. If at all available, I would suggest taking a chemistry course or two-- it'd be a good idea to figure out whether or not you truly would be happy. You may find that you're very much like myself; a wandering academic soul of sorts. You have a passion for a very broad area of studies, and you have spurts of those passions. They wax and wane like the cycles of the moon. ^^ I've settled upon a life in academia because I feel I have ease of access to all of these areas. I'll begin teaching secondary English, but eventually, I'd like to be a college professor.  

Elpinoine
Crew

LadyLight
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:29 am
@Celeste: I think it looks great! A bit of shading on the skin tone might bring it more to life but it already looks great =D

@Nadi: Well, Chemistry eh? Take two college chem courses, one above intro level. The intro chemistry courses are meant to be tough and weed out the 'weaklings'. The upper chemistry courses aren't so bad @_@ Or at least that's how most colleges operate in the States.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:43 am
::snarls at chem::

I don't get along with him >: (  

MintGekkou
Captain

-ProcrastinatingSpazz-
Vice Captain

Spoopy Elder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:47 am
I still have to take a science with a lab.. T __T

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:54 am
Geology! Rocks for Jocks! Rocks for Jocks!  

Elpinoine
Crew

LadyLight
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:55 am
Don't take chemistry with lab if you're not a big science person @_@

Take archaeology or anthropology with lab. Or just earth science =D  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:25 am
Oh wow! My school is giving me $1000 dollars towards my study abroad in London! Woot!  

Elpinoine
Crew

-ProcrastinatingSpazz-
Vice Captain

Spoopy Elder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:40 am
I'm taking geo right now, as my non-lab science
My friend recommended some apparently easy bio for me though, for the lab science

Oh god, my tummy's cramping for no reason! @______@
But I have to go to class
Be back soon! I'm bringing my laptop

~*Ria High School*~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7608 7609 7610 7611 7612 7613 ... 8166 8167 8168 8169 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games