Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 761 762 763 764 765 766 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:33 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
Elliot Salem
So, well, I've been lurking in here alot, and well, I've been too tired to actually post. Between work and raising a family, I've been doing a small bit of gaming.

So, I'm currently playing Silent Hill:Homecoming.

I've never been a huge fan of the Silent Hill games, I liked 3 and never got around to playing any of the others though I wish I had.

So far, I kind of like this one. But after playing nothing aside from a few FPS recently it's a nice change of pace. The graphics aren't bad. The gameplay itself has some issues, such as the dodging. Sometimes I dodge directly into an enemy, but that might just take some practice.

The atmosphere is kinda creepy, the music helps with that though. But, I'm not finished with it yet. So, I'll let you guys know what I think of it. As I'm more or less newer to the series than most (ie, Bio).

Let's see, what else is new.
The town I live in finally got a decent snow day, only about 4 inches. But I live in West Texas so it's rare we get a decent amount like that.

Anyway, I guess that's all really.

While I wasn't impressed with Homecoming gameplay wise. (Let's face it, they more or less RE4'd it up.) The storyline, the writing and the voice acting.... I loved them so much that IMO, it's got the second best narrative in the series... Tied with Shattered Memories.

I don't know how I'm gonna raise my kid, but one thing I do know, I'll be showing them violent action movies such as Rambo 2 and Terminator 2 from very early Childhood.

Just how my parents raised me.

And I think I turned out only a little effed up. Lol.

I'm on year 1995. Slowly but surely.

When can I read yours, Bio?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:34 pm

Hey, you don't wanna raise a boring little dipshit. A little crazy makes the world go round.

Actually, there's a few movies that are considered like, all time classics that I haven't seen. They're too embarrassing to say. But once I watch them, if I don't love any of them enough to put on my list, I'll release it.

Of course, I was actually thinking about maybe arranging the whole list, from least most favorite to most. It would take some time, but I dunno... I'm compelled to do it.

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:13 pm

The movies I watched when I was little were mostly Disney movies, but that was during the golden age of Disney so it's not so bad.

I missed out on a lot of legendary live action movies though. sweatdrop
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:34 pm

@ Angela: Cool, cool. So what other games you play on DS?

Thee Stranger

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:16 pm

Hey guys, sorry I've been gone for a few days. Heavy Rain took priority on the life schedule.

Won't say a word though, even in spoilers. Just that the French did something... so right for once. heart

And my friend, supergenius that he is, is gonna put new save batteries in my cartridges of Pokemon Blue, Gold, and Silver. He already did it successfully with his copy of Silver, so I have faith in him. I wore mine out years ago, which means I can never save anymore. NOT SO, ANYMORE! biggrin Also really can't wait for HeartGold to come out (as back in the day, I bought Blue and Gold and my brother got Red and Silver, but then he just gave me his), it's gonna be great.

Too bad my DS got stolen. stare Now I have to pony up the dough for a new one just to play HG, but it'll be okay. I'll just wait for the DSi XL in March for $189. Nintendo really knows how to keep people interested. DSi + 93% larger screen = sold. biggrin
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:53 pm

You cant put new save things in?
o.o
That itself is pure win!
8D I already pre-ordered
Heart Gold and Soul Silver.
Gold is suppost to be for my
brother, but I'll probably play it
since he doesn't play it anyways.
cx

D: It sucks.
I personally don't like the
DSi XL. It just seems like a pointless
way for nintendo to make big cash.
o.o I don't think the DSi is all to good
anyways. And it won't fit in my pocket anymore. D:

Oh well. XD
-hugs lugia-

il Kaori li

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:10 pm

Chase Me To The End
Elliot Salem
So, well, I've been lurking in here alot, and well, I've been too tired to actually post. Between work and raising a family, I've been doing a small bit of gaming.

So, I'm currently playing Silent Hill:Homecoming.

I've never been a huge fan of the Silent Hill games, I liked 3 and never got around to playing any of the others though I wish I had.

So far, I kind of like this one. But after playing nothing aside from a few FPS recently it's a nice change of pace. The graphics aren't bad. The gameplay itself has some issues, such as the dodging. Sometimes I dodge directly into an enemy, but that might just take some practice.

The atmosphere is kinda creepy, the music helps with that though. But, I'm not finished with it yet. So, I'll let you guys know what I think of it. As I'm more or less newer to the series than most (ie, Bio).

Let's see, what else is new.
The town I live in finally got a decent snow day, only about 4 inches. But I live in West Texas so it's rare we get a decent amount like that.

Anyway, I guess that's all really.

Raising a little gamer, eh?

If I have a son, I want him to be a jock. I want my son to get tons of action, cause that is what a loving father would want from his son. xd

If I have a daughter, she is not allowed to leave her room until she turns 18 lmao.

Well I have a daughter. 4 years old now, well closer to 5. For those that don't know, I run a gun shop, well, co own. So, she'll be around more guns than boys.
I'm pretty sure no boy will want to come around to my house to take her on a date when they find out I have 1 stashed in every room. For safety reasons obviously none are loaded. But scare tactics work perfectly well. xd
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:50 am

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the DSi either. No GBA slot = no GBA games and no rumble. And no Guitar Hero for those who have it. If they're gonna upgrade, they shouldn't take features away. That said, I may pick up the XL for use at home because those jumbo screens are mighty attractive, and I'd still hold on to my Light for road trips. But I still need to replace my 360, and there's too much s**t coming out this March!

Yeah, Pokemon. I caught 'em all for Blue & Red back in the day. Upgraded my original Charzard to level 100 without the rare candy cheat, and completely owned everybody elses level 100 who battled me in link cable, because they used the cheat and didn't have the exp. Then that stupid cartoon came out and I felt dirty. Then they made Yellow starring Pikachu. Then I tuned out. Mostly because Pokemon games are crack. And I stay away from crack. Same with Animal Crossing. But I didn't realize that the save feature goes kaput after a while.

My dad turned into a crazy born-again Christian early on in my childhood, so I wasn't allowed to watch R-rated movies. He didn't have a problem with violence though, just nudity and swearing, and I still got to play all the violent video games I wanted, and then I'd just watch R-rated movies at my friends houses.

Thee Stranger

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:46 pm

Wait, Stranger... You never played G/S/C? o_o...

*holds them out* C'mon, man. Everyone's doing it... Just give it a try! xd

But yeah, the save battery can die if overused. As it turns out though, the save batteries are still going on my games. Dunno why I thought otherwise. razz So I bought a DS Lite because I realized it would be way too late to get Jirachi at Gamestop by the time the XL comes out. Just a used one that looks brand new, a black and dark blue one. Looks pretty awesome. biggrin

But yeah, I'm super-excited for:
A. Heart Gold
B. GOLDEN SUN DS OMGGGG-- *cough* Ahem. Yes, Golden Sun is one of my favorite RPG series. razz

The only problem I had with Animal Crossing, especially Wild World was... I'd play it day-to-day and make sure everything's all spiffy around town, but it'd only hold my interest for some time, then I'd stop playing for a month or two and come back to it, and it's a lot of fun again, only the first day is spent tearing out weeds. razz It's an on-and-off game for me.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:09 pm

Well, as Jeff Goldblum said in Jurassic Park, "Nature finds a way." And as such, in spite of my broken a** PS3, found a way of playing Heavy Rain--by means of going to my friend's place and annexed his PS3.
So I did a marathon run of it last night, staying up until about 5, finishing the whole game in one playthrough. And then beat it again today. And then started another playthrough, but had to go home, so didn't finish it.
But man, such an awesome game... Definitely my favorite original title on the PS3.

Biohazard EXTREME

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:23 am

Wasn't it incredible? Did you piece together the big reveal beforehand? (I didn't. xd ) However I did get the best ending (didn't let anyone die), so that was good. But... man, of all the people... o_o
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:26 am

Yeah, it was pretty unpredictable. I'm still wondering if it's possible to have it be someone different. I'm trying it out this third playthrough,... Which, depending on how nice my friends are, I might finish next weekend.

By the way, I call exclusive dibs on Madison.

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:11 am

I rented Heavy Rain Friday and beat it last night.

The culprit got spoiled for me (thank you internet), but I still had a great time.

I got the ending where [SPOILERS]Ethan got gunned down and everyone else lived (I failed the motorcycle part with Madison), but after completing the credits, I just loaded the last chapter and got the best ending..

I noticed two plot holes though. [SPOILERS]How did Scott cause Ethan's blackouts? Why was Scott looking for the Origami Killer when he was the killer? Hopefully those will be explained with DLC chapters.

For those who've played, what weapon of choice did you use in the Sacrifice test?

@Stranger: I haven't played it that much recently, but I love Animal Crossing Wild World. Have you played Trauma Center? It's great but I'm stuck. Pokemon Platinum was my first Pokemon game. sweatdrop

@Bio: Don't you mean you have dibs on her actress? xd
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:21 am

AngelaAshford
I rented Heavy Rain Friday and beat it last night.

The culprit got spoiled for me (thank you internet), but I still had a great time.

I got the ending where [SPOILERS]Ethan got gunned down and everyone else lived (I failed the motorcycle part with Madison), but after completing the credits, I just loaded the last chapter and got the best ending..

I noticed two plot holes though. [SPOILERS]How did Scott cause Ethan's blackouts? Why was Scott looking for the Origami Killer when he was the killer? Hopefully those will be explained with DLC chapters.

For those who've played, what weapon of choice did you use in the Sacrifice test?

@Stranger: I haven't played it that much recently, but I love Animal Crossing Wild World. Have you played Trauma Center? It's great but I'm stuck. Pokemon Platinum was my first Pokemon game. sweatdrop

@Bio: Don't you mean you have dibs on her actress? xd

Wow, Angela. Where the hell were you when the Pokemon craze skyrocketed in the late nineties? That's the only thing everyone talked about at my school, and everyone had the cards and games, so...

A person missing out on the Pokemon craze seems, like, impossible to me lol.

The only game I still own is Silver...my favorite of 'em all...Hehe, 'em all. Gotta catch 'em all, Po-ke-MON!!!

King of Paradise

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:50 am

AngelaAshford

1st: He didn't, Ethan was having them already from freaking out about Jason. Scott just took the opportunities. At least that's what I thought.

2nd: He wasn't looking for the Origami Killer, he was trying to grab up all the evidence, which is why you see the scene with him burning everything with flashbacks to where he got it all. He was trying to destroy any evidence of him being the Origami Killer.

For the sacrifice test, I used some booze, the knife in the kitchen wall and then I cauterized it by heating that metal rod.
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 761 762 763 764 765 766 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games