Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 763 764 765 766 767 768 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minielf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:15 pm
Chibito7
I just failed my first driving test.

evil

crying

That's so sad. I'm sure you'll do better and pass next time. I actually passed my driving test on the first try, although in truth I delayed taking the test for half a year when I found out I had short-sightedness. The extra time gave me much needed experience that allowed me to pass without any mistakes.

The key thing during a driving test is to keep your nerve and not panic. I've known a lot of people who've failed their tests simply because they started to panic and shake nervously even though they'd drive normally most of the time.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:36 am
I'm annoyed I can't practise. I've only driven for 40 hours with my instructor because my parents drive an automatic and I'm learning manual. *sigh* Plus it costs a bomb to insure me on any car.

I'm not a nervous driver, thankfully. The times I screwed up on my test I kept driving well. But I panicked when I didn't know what to do and did silly things. ^^;;  

Chibito7

Minielf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:05 pm
Uhh...why do you want to learn manual when your parents have an automatic car? Wouldn't it be easier to just learn automatic instead? Unless of course you want to get a car of your own as soon as you obtain your Ps.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:14 am
Because 90% of cars in Britain are manual and they're about £1000 cheaper. Furthermore, you can drive both manual and automatic cars if you pass your manual test, but only automatics if you pass automatic.  

Chibito7

Hyacinthe Comeaux

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:47 am
The earliest you can drive in America is sixteen and a half, provided you get your permit exactly on your half birthday (fifteen and a half) and then get your license exactly a year from that date.

From what I understand, our driving tests in general are a lot less strict than the ones in Europe... maybe why the rate of traffic accidents is so much higher. ^^;;

And yeah, take your time with the beta-ing. I'm not in the biggest hurry (though it would be nice to get it back before I leave for uni xD).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:14 am
3nodding  

Chibito7

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:53 am
Because manual PWNS auto.

/slinks back to my French shadows  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:24 am
heart Niph.  

Chibito7

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:56 pm
Yes, its Dasg! heart  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:54 am
heart exclaim  

Chibito7

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:06 pm
ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:52 am
ninja  

Chibito7

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

(j/k! -- I gotta keep my reputation of being evil right?)

But seriously, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:16 pm
Oops. Once again I neglected to tell you I was going on holiday for a week sweatdrop

Oh yay. I spent my birthday in the Eden Project, then on a long haul car journey back to Bristol ¬.¬
At least I got a nice laptop~

@ Charlie: Haha! "despair.com"! xD

!! DASG...

@ B&B: It's good to learn manual, because then you can drive both! 3nodding (< failed attempt at being philosophical gonk )

And anyway, you're right, not many people drive automatics in the UK.
Over here, automatics are seen as something for old ladies who actually find it difficult to move the gears...
And even old ladies don't all drive automatics.

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

Chibito7

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:47 am
gonk @ Charlie-sama's poster.

3nodding @Lini.  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 763 764 765 766 767 768 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games