Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*Ria High School*~

Back to Guilds

Good ol' fashion Magical High school RPing. 

Tags: High School, Magic, Ria RP, Role Playing, Semi-lit 

Reply ~*Ria High School*~
[OOC] General Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7656 7657 7658 7659 7660 7661 ... 8166 8167 8168 8169 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How much is your love for Ria High?
  Forev-ev-ev-evr
  I like it so much I would put a ring on it.
  its the place I know where the grass is greener. warm, wet. and wild.
  I DO AWESOME RPS AND FOLLOW THE RUUURRUUSS.
  Wait, this is from Jan. 30th 2011. THAT MEANS KURAI IS ALIVE. THE KURAI IS ALIVE AND HE IS TRAPPED IN 2011! TO THE DELOREAN!
View Results

Nadindel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:16 pm
I've actually skipped out on most of my classes this week.
I just haven't been in the right frame of mind to even pay attention.
All except physics, and I just wrote down the theorems and basic procedures after class.
Thank goodness today wasn't the exam...
hopefully I'll be well enough to kick major physical a** by Friday.

I hated my first job, so I was actually glad I quit...
Nobody should work that hard for $3.85 an hour.
At least I did enough for a glowing reference for my next post, though!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:16 pm
*hops about*
O:

Gin is tired and being eaten alive by schoolwork.  

ginseku

MintGekkou
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:20 pm
3.85 an hour.

WTF.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:26 pm
Yeah...
I got pissed that most of my weekly paychecks were in the $60-90 range on a typical week and around $90-110 for a full 5-day week.
Usually I only worked 3-4 days because I had to make trips back to my college campus to harvest the peppers for my undergraduate research.

But still!
$80 paycheks for 4 days of working my a** off!
Total rip-off!
>.>
I never got up to complain because my boss wasn't exactly the nicest guy when it came to monetary issues and I needed a good reference to work at Borders or the like.

Nadindel

MintGekkou
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:31 pm
pfft, i wouldnt have took it regardless.

Theres always more opportunities out there >: O!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:42 pm
Yeah, I'm with Alan. Don't settle! I'm very content with my employment right now. I get 500 bucks a semestre through yearbook, $9.35 an hour for reslife (I work about 15 hours a week while at school, 40 hours a week on breaks), and $9.50 an hour for late night (also 15 hours a week)so i make about 285 a week. Breaks are where I really make my money though. I'll make about 400 bucks a week. ^^  

Elpinoine
Crew

Nadindel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:43 pm
Not really...
=/
Probably the only place that you might have a decent chance to get accepted with an empty resume is at a fast-food joint.
And I'm prone to gastrointestinal complications so that's not an option.

I highly doubt I'll make it as a waiter since I have poor balance in my arms and horrid short-term memory.

But I'm a very flexible and adaptable worker, so I can make it in a regular store.
That first job had me doing everything from working the counter, filling out shipping orders, doing the actual shipping, unpacking boxes and performing inventory and even trimming the logo patches on the assembly line!
I can confidently say I have that perk on my resume and never fail to mention it during interviews.
=3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:46 pm
I actually made it to all my classes. Ironic since today it the day I can barely walk. Life still sucks but at least I saw my best friend again, her and her boyfriend gave me a ride home.

Apparently they're moving to Vancouver next year. I'm really happy for them.

...I just found out that there was a deadline for the Japanese exchange application. After looking for it for a few days and getting a call that said there was none. I passed it.

So after four years of planning and shaping my life around this, I'm not going.

I'm going to go cry for a few hours. Excuse me.  

Celestial Lullaby
Crew

Nadindel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:48 pm
You basically make as much money in two school weeks as I did during my entire summer break.
s**t, that's depressing ._.

Nowadays I have the option not to settle, but a job is really hard to find since I'm traveling a lot and my christmas vacation drastically shortened and my second semester starts early.
Oh, and they are making us take classes this Saturday and the Friday and Saturday AFTER Thanksgiving!
>.>
I'm going to kill those bastards that were pushing for a combined student and worker's strike.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:22 pm
Saturdayyyyyy? D<

-tries to sit on Nadi again-

-ProcrastinatingSpazz-
Vice Captain

Spoopy Elder

Celestial Lullaby
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:24 pm
I make $14.50 at my job, which I am extremely grateful for. They are faultlessly flexible and insist that school comes first. I only work about 5 hours a week, but I don't really want more. What's more is they said they'd still have a job for me after I've been traveling for 6 months.

Not that it really matters anymore, I suppose. We're looking at alternatives but most of the other program's deadlines have passed as well. So now I have a hole in my life with nothing to do for those months. It'd be hard for work to employ me full-time without carrying me over to the law side of things while I want to strictly stay with the business portion.

I could register for the program that goes from August to January, but that means I would have to wait an extra semester, maybe year, to go to university and I'm not sure if I'm prepared to do that. So I have a lot of thinking and planning to do. I'm considering other destinations or even internships, but today is my day to mope and cry.

And I never got TS3 World Adventures and will be too busy to get it until Saturday which I need for other things.. so we're looking at next monday.

Also, my brother is playing the new COD and won't give up the TV, so I don't even have NCIS to comfort me. I think I'll try to sleep. Hopefully my insomnia will take pity on me.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:34 pm
I don't have a job. ;__;
But I need one!! No experience really doesn't help me. WHY WON'T YOU HIRE ME!!! T_____T

Thank goodness my parents are nice and pay for my school, otherwise I would be in deep doo doo.  

angeltrinity
Crew

Agent Sex Symbol

17,725 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100

-ProcrastinatingSpazz-
Vice Captain

Spoopy Elder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:41 pm
I've never worked
My dad pays for my school too
And... I'm supposed to intern this summer
But I'm really scared of new experiences. > _______>;

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:45 pm
I split my school payments three ways with my parents, 1/3 I pay for, my mom pays for 1/3, and my dad/stepmom pay for 1/3. Because I work so muc they are pretty much covering all of my study abroad. It's really nice to know that!

Nadindel dear, I replied to your dojo post via PM. Unfortunately, I'm off to a meeting right so I won't be back for an hour or so.  

Elpinoine
Crew

_Luvly_Slash_
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:48 pm
Are we now playing the emo job and money game?

I win razz My mom took $200 from my first pay check and from my second pay check she took more money. She now owes me $350 (that is not including over the $100 she spent at Macy's but I am going to have her return all the stuff she bought)

and now it is 4 peoples birthday and christmas soon. (and the bdays include my bf, 2 of my besties and my mom's bday) and i really need to buy snowboots for the winter, my other ones have no soles in them.

i want that money back scream

in other news since I have no job I got to apply to 4 different casting calls 3nodding  
~*Ria High School*~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7656 7657 7658 7659 7660 7661 ... 8166 8167 8168 8169 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games