Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 766 767 768 769 770 771 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:48 pm
Elliot Salem
So this weekend, I finally finished SH:Homecoming. I personally liked it, and if that's any look at how the other Silent Hills are minus the aiming, I believe I'll have to go find my PS2 and play whichever ones I can find.
Well, honestly, I thought Homecoming, in terms of characters and narrative, was my third favorite in the series. Least scary, though.
And yeah, the other Silent Hills, I'd say they're all more scary than Homecoming, and have more puzzles. The first three have controls almost like the old school RE, and the others have modified, but still very accessible controls. They're all awesome.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I posted my top 50 favorite video game characters in my Journal. Comments always loved.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:03 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
I never said Seymour was a good villain. I just love to hate him. Like the Jew Hunter in Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds. He wasn't cool (He was collected, though), but I'm pretty sure everyone loved hating him.
Well, I think either we have a different way of saying the same thing, or something's getting mixed up... Because he's exactly the kind of guy you hate to love. He's the biggest jerk, scum of the earth, but he's still got an awesome demeanor about him, and you can't help but say, "I like this guy. I enjoy watching him on the screen." That's hating to love him.
Loving to hate someone is more along the lines of Ashley in RE4. You hate her, and you don't even WANT to like her.

Chase Me To The End

Yes, you should ha ha.

To tell the truth, I was 14 when I last played FFVIII, so I don't think I fully grasped what the hell was going on. Besides, I only got up to the third disk in that game...
Sounds to me like FFVIII is well overdue for another playthrough.

Chase Me To The End

My Top 20 is done. I'll release it tomorrow.

Sorry, Bio, but RE4 is on it. But if it helps, everyone here has changed my opinion on that game, and now I consider it in a different light.

And I also retract the statement Thee Stranger made of me a long time ago. I am a true, blue RE4 fanboy, for reasons that I find it extremely fun to play and hilarious to follow (the story to).
Gasp! That's it, you are NOT my son!

Seriously though, I dumped RE4 like yesterday's garbage, and never looked back. That game was like pollution in my collection.

Chase Me To The End

But, I still love RE 2 and 3 as well, so don't fully count me out, heh. sweatdrop
Well, you better... Otherwise how could I possibly take your opinion even remotely seriously?

I never hated loving the guy. I loved loving the guy.

C'mon Bio, we're horror movie fans. We don't hate to love these scum.

But when it comes to douchebags like Seymour, I love to hate them because they deserve to be hated on, since they're not loveable...? At least, I don't find Seymour to be loveable, whereas the Jew Hunter I do. Hmm...Hope that came out clear ha ha.

Yes, I think FFVIII needs another go too...In a while.

But Pa!

To a true old school RE fan like yourself, I understand why it was pollution in your collection. But don't worry, RE3 is in my top 20 too. wink

EDIT: I will for sure check out your list tomorrow or Wednesday.

Oh. and you could take my opinion seriously because I'm a hardcore to the EXTREME Evil Dead fan?  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:16 pm
Chase Me To The End

I think Nazis are where I draw the line, lol. Cannibals and children killers, I'm okay with though... Damn... What's wrong with me?

Chase Me To The End

But when it comes to douchebags like Seymour, I love to hate them because they deserve to be hated on, since they're not loveable...? At least, I don't find Seymour to be loveable, whereas the Jew Hunter I do. Hmm...Hope that came out clear ha ha.

Right... The first time though, you said you loved to hate Seymour, like the guy in Basterds. That's my point. Seymour is a weird looking dhouchebag, and you're just glad he's not on your team.

Chase Me To The End

Well, it better be before playing X-2... Which, since you like X so much, I'm sure you'll wanna know how it concludes.

Chase Me To The End
To a true old school RE fan like yourself, I understand why it was pollution in your collection. But don't worry, RE3 is in my top 20 too. wink
Well, there better be like 10 other games between RE4 and RE3, with RE3 being higher.

Chase Me To The End
Oh. and you could take my opinion seriously because I'm a hardcore to the EXTREME Evil Dead fan?
Pfft... Hardcore. Naw, I'm sure you are, but still... I have the bragging rights on having seen the Musical 4 times. So nyah.

And speaking of Evil Dead, I finally finished, "A Fistfull of Boomstick". I gotta say, it was more manageable than I expected. Least favorite out of the three for me in terms of gameplay, but still, I'd say the best ending.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:34 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End

I think Nazis are where I draw the line, lol. Cannibals and children killers, I'm okay with though... Damn... What's wrong with me?

Chase Me To The End

Right... The first time though, you said you loved to hate Seymour, like the guy in Basterds. That's my point. Seymour is a weird looking dhouchebag, and you're just glad he's not on your team.

Chase Me To The End

Well, it better be before playing X-2... Which, since you like X so much, I'm sure you'll wanna know how it concludes.

Chase Me To The End
Well, there better be like 10 other games between RE4 and RE3, with RE3 being higher.

Chase Me To The End
Pfft... Hardcore. Naw, I'm sure you are, but still... I have the bragging rights on having seen the Musical 4 times. So nyah.

And speaking of Evil Dead, I finally finished, "A Fistfull of Boomstick". I gotta say, it was more manageable than I expected. Least favorite out of the three for me in terms of gameplay, but still, I'd say the best ending.

Well, I love to hate them both, but I only love to love the Jew Hunter. So, there you go.

Eh, X-2...I read up on it...I think I'll pass...

Actually, the list is only about a third ordered, seeing as how I couldn't come up with an order I could be satisfied with, so...

The first 7 are in order, while the latter 13 are in alphabetical order. Both RE 3 and 4 didn't make it into the top 7.

Oh, don't make me go showoffy douchebag fanboy up in here. Ha ha, I actually don't have much to boast, just a few autographs, collectibles, and other cherishables, as well as my claim that the Evil Dead trilogy inspired me to become a film maker.

Oh, and I decided FFVII > FFX. It's also on the list.  

King of Paradise

The King of Misery

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:36 pm
You're right,I do want to figure it out myself,but just for the sake of idol conversation I'm in the Training Facility,I have just gotten the Incinerater Keycard off the Forklift.Damn place is bullshit.

Also for RE Archives: Re1-Wii REmake-,I have just obtained the Immitation key,and am close to getting the Armor Key.NOTE: I have already unlocked most of the rooms with the A Key but died due to the damn Crimson Heads re-awakening.For anyone else that has a problem like this,you can use the Kerosene to burn bodies that still linger in Hallways,but beware,some attempts of burning bodies will just wake up Crimsons.

For anyone who wants to talk about either of those games I'm open to conversing.NO spoilers please.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:46 pm
Chase Me To The End
Well, I love to hate them both, but I only love to love the Jew Hunter. So, there you go.
See, when someone says, "Love to hate" I consider it like... You don't like the character and you're glad you don't. Like I said, I love to hate Ashley. And I really can't say the same about Jew Hunter. Who one of my acting friends actually worked with over 10 years ago.

Chase Me To The End

Good for you.

Chase Me To The End

Actually, the list is only about a third ordered, seeing as how I couldn't come up with an order I could be satisfied with, so...

The first 7 are in order, while the latter 13 are in alphabetical order. Both RE 3 and 4 didn't make it into the top 7.
We'll see how my list will stack up. Needless to say, RE4 would be #1 on my list of top hated.

Chase Me To The End

Oh, don't make me go showoffy douchebag fanboy up in here. Ha ha, I actually don't have much to boast, just a few autographs, collectibles, and other cherishables, as well as my claim that the Evil Dead trilogy inspired me to become a film maker.
Well, you're all "I go to all these conventions," and crap. And watch, I'll go to the Horrorfest convention here in Toronto this summer, and Bruce Campbell probably won't even be there... He was last year, just not the year I wanna go. You know how it is.

Nevertheless, dude, the Musical is the s**t. I mean, you can have autographs and all that, but that's yeah, that's memorabilia. But the musical is like... It's like ME having memorabilia, but not have seen one of the movies, you know? You're missing out on a piece of media that's linked to the franchise... And is beyond awesome... You might have the collectibles and all that, but I have a fake blood stained t-shirt. Haha.
Honestly, it was the musical that made me a fan of Evil Dead in the first place, so there you have it.

Even if it's not playin near you, at least buy the Soundtrack or something.
"I'm not a killer... I'm an S-Mart employee...
And to kill a co-worker is against... Company policy!"
You can't not love the lyrics, haha.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:52 am
Angela I'm doing bad irl....anyways. I noticed Misery's sig. That's really cool. It really looks endless. Hard to tell when the animaiton actually starts. I would like to think it starts with the first jump kick from the left foot......  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:07 am
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
See, when someone says, "Love to hate" I consider it like... You don't like the character and you're glad you don't. Like I said, I love to hate Ashley. And I really can't say the same about Jew Hunter. Who one of my acting friends actually worked with over 10 years ago.

Chase Me To The End

Good for you.

Chase Me To The End

We'll see how my list will stack up. Needless to say, RE4 would be #1 on my list of top hated.

Chase Me To The End

Well, you're all "I go to all these conventions," and crap. And watch, I'll go to the Horrorfest convention here in Toronto this summer, and Bruce Campbell probably won't even be there... He was last year, just not the year I wanna go. You know how it is.

Nevertheless, dude, the Musical is the s**t. I mean, you can have autographs and all that, but that's yeah, that's memorabilia. But the musical is like... It's like ME having memorabilia, but not have seen one of the movies, you know? You're missing out on a piece of media that's linked to the franchise... And is beyond awesome... You might have the collectibles and all that, but I have a fake blood stained t-shirt. Haha.
Honestly, it was the musical that made me a fan of Evil Dead in the first place, so there you have it.

Even if it's not playin near you, at least buy the Soundtrack or something.
"I'm not a killer... I'm an S-Mart employee...
And to kill a co-worker is against... Company policy!"
You can't not love the lyrics, haha.

Well, to each his own interpretation.

Eh, musicals.

Like I said, my memorabilia may be collectibles, but they're also cherishables. I value reading the comics, playing the games, and staring at the artist renditions
for inspiration as much as you cherish your blood stained shirt from an experience you enjoyed as much as I have mine.

Well, here it is.

My Top 20 Videogames (At the moment):

1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
2. Mystical Ninja starring Goemon
3. Tales of Symphonia
4. Skies of Arcadia: Legends
5. The Legend of Dragoon
6. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
7. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Final Fantasy VII
The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
No More Heroes
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil 4
Sly Cooper Series
Star Fox 64
Streets of Rage
Super Mario Galaxy
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:29 am
Chase Me To The End
Well, to each his own interpretation.

Eh, musicals.
You wouldn't be saying that if you saw it. Trust me, it's the best musical I've ever seen, you're really missing out. Forget Evil Dead, simply as a piece of theatrical production it's amazing. Heck, my mom's not a fan of Evil Dead, and she gladly went to see the musical, twice.

Chase Me To The End

Like I said, my memorabilia may be collectibles, but they're also cherishables. I value reading the comics, playing the games, and staring at the artist renditions
for inspiration as much as you cherish your blood stained shirt from an experience you enjoyed as much as I have mine.
Well, it's not as if I don't have the comics or the games. And again, dude, trust me, if you actually saw the musical, I bet you anything you'd enjoy it a lot more than either the comics or the games. It's that awesome.

Chase Me To The End

Well, here it is.

My Top 20 Videogames (At the moment):

3. Tales of Symphonia
5. The Legend of Dragoon

Final Fantasy VII
No More Heroes
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil 4
Sly Cooper Series
Star Fox 64
Streets of Rage
Super Mario Galaxy

Okay, Lazy Pants, now briefly tell us why each of those games belongs on your list.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:24 pm
Okey dokey than.

Reason: As it stands at the moment, and what I think should be in everyone's opinion, the best Zelda game ever. It improves on every aspect that made Ocarina of Time a classic. Lessee...It has better swordplay, more advanced horse riding and combat mechanics, and with use of the Wiimote, easier and smoother projectile controls. The music is brilliant (Though I do think Ocarina of Time still has the best of the series), the bosses are epicer (I know that isn't a word), the dungeons are incredibly unique (A mansion owned by a Yeti couple?! Awesome!), and the scope is grander. It also includes a partner for Link I actually love (Sorry I couldn't shed a tear for your departure Navi, you annoying t**t). I know most people said that it didn't for them, but Twilight Princess definitely recaptured the magic of my youth in wonderment and awe. Bravo, Nintendo. I didn't think that was ever possible again.

Reason: This used to be my favorite for years, but I haven't played it in a while, what with my lack of a N64 and all. But it is by far the most wackiest action-adventure game I have ever played. It has awesome and memorable characters, a very silly and hilarious plot, giant robot battles, a belly dancing fortune teller that screams PLUASIMAAA!, my favorite video game OST ever, two gaurds that are self aware that they are in a video game and wish that they were the heroes so they don't have to stand there and wait for you to beat the game, and other stuffages that make it Mystical...and starring Goemon.

3. Tales of Symphonia
Reason: My favorite RPG because it has my favorite cast of characters in a video game, as well as the best plot that I ever had the pleasure to experience in a video game. An addictive combat system and hours upon hours of sidequests and character developement also gives it high rankings for me. It also has so many frikkin' twists and turns, by the end of the game I didn't know how to digest them all. So I just sat there in amazement as the credits began to roll, thinking "What the hell did I just experience?! And will I ever be able to have an experience like that again?!"

Reason: Second favorite RPG because it's just one hell of an adventure...With sky pirates. And sky pirates are the ship...Err, I mean shi*. Likeable characters, but it has a generic plot. That being said, the experiencing of said plot is a whole 'nuther story. It also has a unique ship combat system that I love so much, as well as a life consuming amount of sidequests. Exploration was also incredibly fun in that game.

5. The Legend of Dragoon
Reason: Third favorite RPG. Same dealio: Great cast, great (and emotional) story, unique and addictive combat system, dragons...

Reason: This Zelda iteration is such a stoner's psychadelic ride into the realm of exotic weirdisms, how can my warped mind not want to divulge in it? I love the living, breathing world in it, as well as the overall darker theme.

Reason: Because it got me into Zelda in the first place. Also, why does anyone need to explain why they love Ocarina of Time?

Final Fantasy VII
Reason: I owe this game for getting me into RPGs in the first place. For that alone it deserves to be on this list. But it also is a great RPG, even if it's lost some cred from overexposure with the disappointing sequels/prequels/interequels/crapquels.

Reason: Sandbox games are great for wasting time by laying waste. And what could be more fun than laying waste with The Incredible Hulk. Not much. One of the funnest, if not the funnest game I have ever played.

Reason: Another great Zelda installment, 'cept this one has seafaring that drags on and hunkers the experience for me at times. I actually dug the cartoony style. It changed things up, and made it a little more fresh.

Reason: The greatest game I have ever watched. We'll see if this game remains on the list after I play 3 and 4.

No More Heroes
Reason: Probably the most bat shi* crazy game I have ever played. And I love bat shi* craziness.

Reason: The Paper Mario games are good times, what with the simple but fun playing style, the unique look, and the clever humor. This one just happens to be my favorite of the trilogy.

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Reason: Still what I consider the scariest game I have ever played, and as a horror fan, I'd be ashamed if I didn't have at least one such title on this list. F*** you Nemesis. It may have taken me seven years, but I conquered your b**** a**...Now don't haunt my dreams, please.

Resident Evil 4
Reason: Look, it's just really fun to play (That's the main reason why I love it so), and has a hilariously cheesy B-movie vibe to it. I don't consider it a Resident Evil game anymore as much as some of you guys don't want to (Or outright refuse to).

Sly Cooper Series
Reason: Stealth, espionage, thievery, high flying acrobatics...And all done by a cast of critters? Count me in. My favorite series of platformers. I also dearly love the characters. I hope they all come back in a fourth installment.

Star Fox 64
Reason: Because Star Fox 64 is the shi*. 'Nuff said.

Streets of Rage
Reason: This is my most played game ever. And it will probably remain as so forever as well. I love beat 'em ups, seeing as how they're my preferred choice when it comes to "action" games. It also has one of my most favorite video game OSTs out there. Nothin' like groovin' while kickin' some 16-bit punk's a**.

Super Mario Galaxy
Reason: Mario has probably been a big part of all our gaming years. He's been a part of mine since Super Mario World. That game was out of this world, while Galaxy was literally out of this world. That being said, Super Mario World was my favorite 'til Galaxy came along. What can I say, I prefer my Mario running, or in this case, soaring through space on a 3-D plane. Much like I do Zelda.

Reason: This video game equivalent to a Hollywood summer blockbuster kicked major studio production a** . And appearently, the sequel is supposed to be even better, so, I dunno if this one will remain on the list for long ha ha.

I await reading yours and any others.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:44 pm
Alright, I'll post my top 25 here. I just don't feel like making another Journal entry at the moment. And don't worry, no spoilers in this one. Oh, and it's counting down.

25. Pokemon Blue Version - Nintendo Game Boy
Every kid wants to fit in, I think. I was the same, and being a foreigner coming from a completely different culture, it wasn't easy for me in Canada. There were a lot of popular fads among kids at the time. Some of the ones I tried getting into were Spice Girls, Star Wars and Pokemon. And while Spice Girls didn't last for me, Star Wars became a casual interest even now... Pokemon... Specifically Pokemon the video game was something I genuinely enjoyed the hell out of. It was my very first Japanese RPG, technically, so it's quite possible that if it wasn't for Pokemon, I never would've been able to get into the JRPG concept at all. I still replay it on occasion with great enjoyment.

24. Contra Hard Corps - Sega Genesis
My favorite Sega Genesis game, definitely, it's also probably one of the most, if not THE most difficult game I ever comitted to beating. And oh how satisfying it was. I memorized where every enemy was, memorized every boss' tactic. Even with all that, I occasionally timed things wrong, or whatever else... There are four main endings, having drastically different final boss fights. I can reach all of them, but chances are, just barely.

23. Worms Armageddon - PC
I don't even know how I got into worms. I think it started as a completely random rental on the PS1. But the graphics were simple, and so the Pc version requirements were low enough that even my crappy computer at the time could handle it. This is definitely the most fun strategy game I've ever played. Especially turn based strategy. And the idea of little earth worms waging warfare against each other is just awesome. I'm surprised they haven't made a cartoon about it. I'd watch it.

22. Double Dragon 2 - NES
Those who know me well enough will know that Double Dragon 2 for the NES was the very first game for which I said, "This is my single favorite video game, period." And I think it still holds up today as one of the best beat-em-ups of my life. Yeah, at first, the controls might seem a bit weird and unconventional.. But hey, I'm a Resident Evil fan too, unconventional controls are my life.

21. Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 - PS2
Dragon Ball Z was probably one of the only TV shows out there that spawned a massive Video Game franchise as well. Though I may be wrong, there might be plenty in Japan for all I know. Either way, being a fan of Dragon Ball Z, I obviously had to check out the games that came out on the PS2 for it. Tenkaichi 3 is definitely the most fun out of all of them. The Tenkaichi series in general I found to be more fun to play than the original series, simply because of how much faster it was. And the fact that part 3 has over 100 characters from the series was a major factor in its awesomeness.

20. Evil Dead: Regeneration - PS2
This has gotta be the biggest surprise for me, honestly. The gaming journalism industry needs to get a boot in the a** for giving this game lukewarm reviews. Yeah, it lacks some polish, sure. Its lip synching is a little bit off, and there's an occasional glitch in the gameplay, but those don't even last. Overall this is a terriffic game with great humor, fun gameplay, and really impressive level design. It's really rare for me to say, "Wow, this game has some really unique and well designed levels." With AAA titles it's no surprise. But most lower budget third party games have fairly generic looking levels that look similar to one another. But not Regeneration.

19. Final Fantasy VII - PS1
Gasp! What? 19!? Yes, 19. And that's WITH nostalgia factor. I have some really fond memories of Final Fantasy VII, but frankly, despite it's massive storyline, great music and fun RPG gameplay, it's really, really not, "The best video game ever created," like some people will claim. Their favorite? Maybe. The best? No.

18. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Nintendo 64
It took me a few years to beat this game, to be honest, because the first time I played it, I barely understood English. But that's just the thing, even though I barely did understand English, I WAS hooked into this game right away. The music, the advbenture, the openness of it. I mean, you can fight monsters, AND talk to people in towns, AND go fishing! The boss fights were fun, the dungeons were interesting and challenging. And it's got time travel!

17. Mortal Kombat Trilogy - PS1
For anyone who's ever enjoyed the original Mortal Kombat fighting games, this is THE Mortal Kombat. It's got ALL of the characters from the first three Mortal Kombat games, and even some with alternate Classic costumes, and all the playable bosses! Still the best Mortal Kombat fighting game to date.

16. Mortal Kombat: Mythologies Sub-Zero - PS1
While Mortal Kombat has always been my favorite fighting game, and one of my favorite franchises, period, the reason for it was largely in the storyline. That's why this is my favorite Mortal Kombat video game ever. A. It's got three of my absolute favorite characters in the whole franchise: Sub-Zero, Scorpion and Quan Chi. B. It plays like the fighting games, but it actually an adventure platformer. And C. It had a progressive storyline with live action FMVs in it. And yes, the acting is a tad cheesy, but first of all, this was 1997, and second, this is Mortal Kombat, we're talking about. And it's still very much enjoyable.

15. Silent Hill Shattered Memories - PS2/PSP
There are two kinds of Silent Hill fans. Those who like it for its demons and cults, and those who like it for its psychological horror. I guess the third would like both, and while I DO like both, Silent Hill, for me, has mostly been about the psychological horror aspect and the characters. That's why I prefer games like SH2 and 4 to SH1 and 3. And Shattered Memories pretty much gets rid of the demonic cult aspect altogether and makes the whole thing about psychology... SO about psychology that you even get to do psychological examinations. That mixed with different possibilities in the storyline and it makes for one winning formula.

14. Brutal Legend - PS3
Brutal Legend first got my attention when I heard it was about a world of Heavy Metal. And no, I didn't think they were talking about the "Big Rockin' Tits" Heavy Metal. I knew they meant music. I wasn't even that much into metal at the time, but I've seen enough Heavy Metal album covers to know that anything inspired by THAT imagery has gotta be badass. So I bought the game, and sure enough the storyline was hilarious, the music was amazing, the imagery was badass... The gameplay... I honestly don't understand why so many people complained about it. Sure, it was a bit misleading in advertisements, and it actually turned out to have a large RTS aspect to it, but put it this way... I like RTS games, but I generally suck at them. And this game made that aspect simple and accessible enough that even I could enjoy it. Either way, the combination of hack and slash, RTS and massive exploration made the gameplay one of the many winnig factors about this game.

13. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - PS3
As of this text being typed, the game has been out for for a little less than 5 months, and already it has over 30 perfect scores, 3 million sold and a shitton of awards. And frankly, it deserves it. The gameplay is extrmely fun. The combination of Tomb Raider-like platforming mixed with high octane action and shooting sequences make this game one of the most fun and intense experiences I've ever had. Combine that with a cast of awesome characters and gorgeous visuals, and it's easy to understand why this game is so highly praised. Uncharted is definitely my favorite franchise born on the PS3.

12. Heavy Rain - PS3
Two and a half years of anticipation, and I was not disappointed. If it wasn't for this game, Indigo Prophecy probably would've made this list. But as much as I love Indigo Prophecy, its spiritual successor is such a huge leap up that Indigo Prophecy simply pales in comparison. I honestly don't think I have ever been this emotionally invested into a video game. Everything from the moral decisions, to the parts where you self inflict pain, I felt it... It's almost embarassing to talk about graphics with gameplay this amazing. But yes, the graphics are great too. Particularly the characters, which are quite possibly the most photorealistic characters I've seen in a video game.

11. Resident Evil 2 - PS1
Resident Evil 2 was my first Resident Evil game, and man, did I love it. The music, the atmosphere, the scares. And it had one of the coolest backstories ever, which is still awesome to this day. And for its time, it was probably one of the most realistic looking games I've played too. There was just so much to it. The backgrounds, the animations, it was all just so well done.

10. Metal Gear Solid 4 - PS3
I've read some reviews that said, "If you don't like Metal Gear Solid, you're not likely going to start," which is something I hear so often about MGS. But with MGS4, it's actually not true. I've known many people that bought the Essential MGS Collection after playing MGS4, and you can't really blame them. If nothing else, MGS4 is a spectacle of epic proportions. The narrative, the graphics, the presentation. It's simply difficult not to appreciate it, let alone love it.

09. Final Fantasy VIII - PS1
This is definitely my favorite Final Fantasy game, and will likely remain so. There are a few things about this one that make it stand out. First of all, it's complicated Junction system, while not for everyone, allows me exactly the type of character customization I want. And people shouldn't complain about the Draw system. Yes, you might spend a bit of time Drawing 100 of a certain magic, but that's balanced out by not having to level gind like crazy. The storyline is what compelled me the most, though. I loved the idea of the Garden, and SeeD. I loved the combination of the magical aspects with the technological aspects. The time compression was awesome too. So it really is everything. The gameplay, the music, the artistic style, the storyline, the characters... Love it all.

08. Persona 3 - PS2
Of course, just when I was convinced that Final Fantasy VIII was going to remain my favorite JRPG forever, along came Persona 3. I don't even know where to start with this one. The bottom line is, the battle gameplay concept felt a little bit like Pokemon for adults, which is awesome. But it was also balanced with a social link gameplay, which works kind of like a real life sim. And that's what was really compelling about it. You're a student who lives out his life, going to school, hanging out with friends, and while that all does affect the battle aspect in ways I won't get into, the cool thing about it was the characters. The party members were all just amazing. Some of the best voice work I've ever heard coupled with a storyline packed with twists, and the social aspect of it only adds that many more characters, with different developing storylines of their own. Pretty much as soon as I finished this game, I said, "Yep, that was so much better than any Final Fantasy."

07. Resident Evil 3 - PS1
What was it about Resident Evil 3 that stuck a chord with me enough to make me like it better than RE2? Well, there were a few factors. One, it's a lot more military based, with UBCS everywhere, I simply liked its army like atmosphere, and even the music in the game reflects it. Two, you got Jill, the original heroine, and even though my first RE was RE2, Jill simply struck me as a better character than Claire Redfield. And three: Nemesis, b***h.

06. Resident Evil - Nintendo GameCube
This game is the sole reason why I bought a GameCube, and its drastically the biggest rason why I kept it. This game is amazing in every aspect: gameplay, puzzle solving, scare factor, graphics, atmosphere, music. It was amazing to play a game that was so new and at the same time so nostalgic. This is THE best Resident Evil game there ever was or will be, in my opinion.

05. Silent Hill 2 - PS2
So, Capcom says, "Hey there, PS1 owners. From now on, the main Resident Evil games are gonna be released on Nintendo, starting with this awesome remake of RE1." Man, at the time, I was furious. I felt betrayed by Capcom... If only I knew it wouldn't be the first time. In any case, I felt like Resident Evil abandoned me, and went out to look for a new Survival Horror game to call my own. Randomly I picked up Silent Hill 2, and I tell this story a lot. From the moment I started playing it, I said, "Screw Resident Evil remake, THIS is so much better." Little did I realize how much better. The storyline, the characters, the sheer symbolism of this game is amazing. The horror, oh the horror. When I first played it, I was up at 2 in the morning sitting there, wishing someone was around to hug me. The graphics were unbelievable, too. Definitely the single best looking video game at the time of its release. The puzzles? Challenging as hell! This game is what Survival Horror is all about.

04. Metal Gear Solid - PS1
Metal Gear Solid is one of those games that I might not even have become a fan of, if I didn't stumble on the demo of it in the Official PlayStation Magazine. But once I started playing it, I was immediately hooked. The cinematic storytelling, the sophistication of the dialogue... I was in love with it from the very second I started playing it. Of course, the demo ended, and I kind of forgot about it. Then my friend started selling his PS1 games to buy GTA3 for PC, and I looked at what he had, and Metal Gear Solid rang a bell. So I bought it from him for $10 ($5 per dics) and started playing it... And got reminded of why I loved it so much when I first tried it. The ideas behind it were so new to me, and the execution was just amazing. The stealth action, the narrative, the voice overs were new to me too, becaue the Demo had Japanese voice overs. David Hayter made an impression on me the second I heard his voice. Metal Gear purists don't even bother playing past this one, but I'm sure the majority of Metal Gear fans will agree that Metal Gear Solid is a work of genius.

03. Persona 4 - PS2
Where Persona 3 innovated, Persona 4 perfected. And the only aspect of Persona 4 that's not better than Persona 3 is the music. And even that's not to say that the music in P4 is bad, it's absolutely great. But overall, Persona 4 just did so much more right. The battle system is better, the dungeon exploration is better, the social links are more versatile, the graphics are better, and then there's the storyline... Let's just say, the storyline is very different in nature than Persona 3, and while it's arguable, which is better, overall, Persona 4 is improved on everything that Persona 3 was.

02. Metal Gear Solid 3 - PS2
While the original Metal Gear Solid had my favorite storyline in any Metal Gear game, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater is a very close second, and if you combine that with all the other awesome things about MGS3, it really is my favorite overall Metal Gear Solid game. The gameplay was so much deeper and the levels were bigger. This meant actually being stealthy for long periods of time, carefully evading your enemy through Russian forests. The radio conversations were a blast. Most of your radio contacts were simply hilarious. It also had one of the best boss fights I've ever played, The End. That's his name, not the end of the blurb. But speaking of the end, while Metal Gear Solid 4 definitely had some shocking revelations in its endings which did make that conclusion memorable, I'd say that this Metal Gear Solid had the best overall ending out of any MGS game.

01. Fallout 3 - PS3
While I'm not even a fan of the Fallout franchise, it's quite simple. If I had to choose only one single video game to play for the rest of my life, Fallout 3 would be it. Its massive scale allows for hundreds of hours of exploration. The art direction is simply amazing. There's no setting I like better than post apocalypse. The music in it is awesome, the score is amazing and the old 1940's Big Band music is always awesome to listen to. Fallout 3 is a game that's very easy to really get into, and lose yourself in its massive world. It's a revelation that came to me not long ago. But yes, Fallout 3 is my #1 most favorite game.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:16 pm
@Alkazier: Aw, I'm sorry. sad  

MadamTarantula

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:35 pm
Three things:

1. Ocarina of Time is 7th on that list. You're not my son. TP was good, but OoT was better. Not even counting the nostalgia factor, I dunno. I just like the way it plays better. Sure, TP plays just like it, but maybe that's why I like it and, at the same time, just not as much as OoT.

2. FFX-2 isn't bad at all, especially if you're enjoying X. It's... well, like the title states, a continuation of the story. Return of the ATB system, a new Job system that's really fleshed out, and despite people hating it 'cause it's three women as the main cast, it's a lot of fun. The whole treasure-hunting aspect is cool, too. smile

3. Speaking of Final Fantasy... I picked up my FFXIII preorder once I got out of school (since I got out about three hours early since we were dismissed after taking the ACT exams), and so far, not bad. Actually good, much better than FFXII. Very linear, though (I don't mind it, but some will).

About three hours in and:
-I found out that all your shopping needs are done in the save stations. No towns, inns, etc. Your health is completely refilled at the end of a battle.

-Again, super-linear. I personally don't mind, but some probably will.

-The battle system is interesting. ATB, but it takes place in a three-dimensional space with free-roaming. That's not to say you get to control where you go, but say like... if one of the characters does some attack that hits in a certain range, unlike in the old-school ones where it'd just hit the entire enemy party, or unlike FFXII where you could be ten feet away and still swipe your sword and hit the enemy, you actually have to be close to do it. Which is how you can even dodge some attacks (as can your enemies), by not being in range of it. It's pretty strategic.

I think it's pretty awesome so far. However, three hours into an FF isn't really enough to pass judgment. So onward I go!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:57 pm
Well, the best thing about Final Fantasy is the different universes. I didn't much like X, and XII didn't interest me at all. And after watching some video reviews, I'm sure I'd hate XII more than KH. But it doesn't matter, because XIII happens in a completely different universe, and if its good, it's not like I'm missing out on some larger scale of a storyline.
Even then, though, the linearity of it and all that... The bottom line is, I'll be playing it as a cool JRPG with kick a** graphics and from what I hear a good storyline. I definitely won't be expecting "Final Fantasy" out of it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:52 pm
@Canas:

Well, I'm glad that you and Bio aren't my father, because if you both were...Awkward.

There was a time when Ocarina of Time was 1st on my list.

But, I'm not one to dwell on past perfection when future improvements on perfection come along (Which is impossible, but I say that to express my awe of TP's achievements). Which is why the subtle and outright improvement's on it's mechanics have me preferring TP over OoT.

I mean, it just seems more logical for me to want to play the game with more variety, or better variety.

Than again, OoT is still it's own seperate and unique beast, so I understand why you prefer it over TP.

There's also a couple of other reasons why TP > OoT

Midna > Navi

TP's 4 end Ganondorf bosses > OoT's 2 end Ganondorf bosses. (Having a one on one sword duel with Ganon has been something I've craved since I beat OoT. And fighting him on horseback was rad as well. It was all just so satisfying.)

Love the Yeti mansion because it's just something that goes against past concepts of Zelda dungeons.

Skulluta Lord and Argorok

The more emotional story. The end scene with Midna and the mirror...Oh, my.

@Bio:

Wow, I did not expect Fallout 3 as your # 1. I don't recall you ever even talking about it.

Good list. Lots of REs and MGSs on it as I expected.

I for some reason expected Uncharted 2 to be higher up on it.

And hooray for MKT.

So, whatchya think of mine? Any gripes? (Cept against RE4)  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 766 767 768 769 770 771 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games