Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 766 767 768 769 770 771 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:59 am
No one really says '******' in Britain though. It's defs more an American thing.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:33 pm
I think generally it's acceptable for a black person to say n****r to another black person; it's regarded as a sort of comradely (maybe gangster-ish?) thing, but a white person to a black person is a no-no. The connotations are far too clear.

About 'you guys'... I hear British people use 'you lot'. Is that true?

@Niph: I'd love a Britpicker! It's HP fanfic though, just as a forewarning, and I'm not anywhere close to done with my revisions of the first chapter (and probably won't be any time soon), but if I ever do I can forward a copy to you. :3

Hyacinthe Comeaux

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:50 am
Haha, I'm like, the most obsessive HP fic reader ever, so voila. Pairing? And yeah, send it to me. PM me when you're done and I'll PM you my email address.

I definitely say 'you guys' a lot.. 'you lot' is like. A bit last generation I feel. Hmm. It's like what I imagine a mother would say to a group of her children and their friends..  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:41 pm
ninja  

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

Minielf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:47 pm
Isn't a bit weird to say 'you guys' when addressing a bunch of girls? In a feminist era wouldn't it be more appropriate to say 'you girls' instead?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:28 pm
I just find 'hey girls' really annoying.. I always use 'guys' for everyone, it's just so much easier. And no one comes up to me going 'YOU'RE BEING POLITICALLY INCORRECT' xD  

Niphz
Crew

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:35 pm
Oops. I forgot to tell everyone I was going to London again. ¬.¬

I swear London's become messier than last time I visited...

"Hello Ladies" is the kind of thing this perverted businessman would say in my mind...

And "hey girls" is like flirting...

Nah. "You guys" is so much better xD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:52 pm
I ******** love London.

Oh btw guys, I'm back in England <3  

Niphz
Crew

Minielf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:47 pm
@Niph: So you have no problem with me addressing you and the other girls as 'you guys' right? xp  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:26 pm
I think in colloquial speech, 'guys' has kind of lost the male connotation.

@Niphy: You can take a look over on my HP livejournal - it's actually a next gen. fic that I... started 3 years ago (right after reading Deathly Hallows) and am going back to now/planning to renovate coz I don't like my characterizations. But god knows when I'll actually get around to it. XD

Hyacinthe Comeaux

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:15 am
Oh.. next-gen? /wrinkles nose in distaste

JOKES. I'm sure it'll be wonderful <3

@'elfy - Not at all. (:

EDIT :: I like Maya too. <3  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:52 am
ninja ninja  

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:04 am
tamcharles
ninja ninja

A double ninja? What have we done to deserve this honour? <3  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:16 pm
Hyacinthe Comeaux
I think in colloquial speech, 'guys' has kind of lost the male connotation.

@Niphy: You can take a look over on my HP livejournal - it's actually a next gen. fic that I... started 3 years ago (right after reading Deathly Hallows) and am going back to now/planning to renovate coz I don't like my characterizations. But god knows when I'll actually get around to it. XD

So you're writing a next gen HP fanfic? Sounds interesting. I think you should upload it at fanfiction.com. There's like 200K+ HP fanfics there.  

Minielf

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 766 767 768 769 770 771 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games