Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 768 769 770 771 772 773 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Javanomicron

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:09 am

@Chase

Freedom Force is one of the games I grew up on. X3 The second one wasn't as good though.

Man of War was my favorite hero.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:45 pm

Actually, both Skies of Arcadia and SoA: Legends are both pretty rare. I've never seen a copy of either with my own eyes. Makes me sad, 'cause I really wanna play. crying

Also, cool thing Sega did... You can recruit Vyse Inglebard (main character of SoA) and his friend in Valkyria Chronicles. Thought it was a nice touch. biggrin

Biohazard EXTREME
(Sidenote, most RE fans also loved... RE5, so as far as I'm concerned, what the hell do they know?)

Do not get me started... stare

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:12 pm

Canas Renvall
Actually, both Skies of Arcadia and SoA: Legends are both pretty rare. I've never seen a copy of either with my own eyes. Makes me sad, 'cause I really wanna play. crying
That's what they said about Eternal Darkness. The next day I went into the store and bought a copy. Of course, that store closed down, sadly. Either way, if I see it, I'll pick it up. If not, there's plenty of games out there.

Canas Renvall
Do not get me started... stare

Well, don't get started then. But I stand by my statement.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:16 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
So... You'd hate Westside Story on stage, but you wouldn't mind watching the movie adaptation of it?

Yep.

@Xenomina:

I didn't know there was a sequel to freedom force...

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:22 pm

@Chase: That's a weird state of thought... I mean, I know Rent was bad, but to put you off musicals period? Man, you are seriously missing out though. Evil Dead The Musical is quite possibly the most awesome piece of evil dead media out there. Better than the games, movies, what have you.

You know, I'd love to put on a theatrical production of "South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut" someday. Probably with puppets, and definitely with more musical numbers.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:03 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
@Chase: That's a weird state of thought... I mean, I know Rent was bad, but to put you off musicals period? Man, you are seriously missing out though. Evil Dead The Musical is quite possibly the most awesome piece of evil dead media out there. Better than the games, movies, what have you.

You know, I'd love to put on a theatrical production of "South Park: Bigger Longer and Uncut" someday. Probably with puppets, and definitely with more musical numbers.

Ok, now I can't take you fully seriously as you can't take me fully seriously for liking RE4.

Gah, a musical stage adaption better than the movies?

Two things:

1. YOU'RE not MY son.

2. That's infinity times more blasphemous than me saying I love RE4. IN...FIN...ITY.

I don't care if the reason you like or got into Evil Dead is because of the musical. INFINITY.

You'd be as dead in a room full of hardcore deadites as I would in a room full of old school re fans.

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:16 pm

Chase Me To The End
Ok, now I can't take you fully seriously as you can't take me fully seriously for liking RE4.

Two things:

1. YOU'RE not MY son.

2. That's infinity times more blasphemous than me saying I love RE4. IN...FIN...ITY.

I don't care if the reason you like or got into Evil Dead is because of the musical. INFINITY.

You'd be as dead in a room full of hardcore deadites as I would in a room full of old school re fans.

Well, it's more funny. Frankly, the only way the musical could get any better is if Bruce Campbell himself was in it. But even the lack of that doesn't hinder it. Well, maybe the Korean version, but the original actor from New York who's been doing it in Canada does a great job, and he kinda looks like Ash and everything.

And not, it's by far not more blasphemous. The Evil Dead Musical is actually awesome, and is a true homage to the franchise. RE4 is a bastardization of its franchise, so I don't see your point.
I mean, it's not like Evil Dead was a 'dead' serious Horror movie. Maybe Raimin wanted it to be one, but let's face it, it falls into the "so bad it's good" category.
So yeah, if you took Nightmare on Elm Street 1 and made that into a musical... Well it would be taken in a whole different context.
But with Evil Dead, it's good campy humor, and that's what the musical delivers, except with tons more humor. You'd be surprised how true to the movies the musical storyline actually is.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:52 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End

Two things:

1. YOU'RE not MY son.

Well, it's more funny. Frankly, the only way the musical could get any better is if Bruce Campbell himself was in it. But even the lack of that doesn't hinder it. Well, maybe the Korean version, but the original actor from New York who's been doing it in Canada does a great job, and he kinda looks like Ash and everything.

And not, it's by far not more blasphemous. The Evil Dead Musical is actually awesome, and is a true homage to the franchise. RE4 is a bastardization of its franchise, so I don't see your point.
I mean, it's not like Evil Dead was a 'dead' serious Horror movie. Maybe Raimin wanted it to be one, but let's face it, it falls into the "so bad it's good" category.
So yeah, if you took Nightmare on Elm Street 1 and made that into a musical... Well it would be taken in a whole different context.
But with Evil Dead, it's good campy humor, and that's what the musical delivers, except with tons more humor. You'd be surprised how true to the movies the musical storyline actually is.

SO BAD IT'S GOOD? NOT DEAD SERIOUS?

Jesus, and here I actually valued your opinion on The Evil Dead. (EDIT: Don't want that to sound harsh. I still value your opinion on certain topics, but sadly, probably not for The Evil Dead anymore, if those are your true feelings torwards it.)

1. You saying the Evil Dead is so bad it's good is very, very disappointing. Probably as much so as you think of me for loving RE4. Let's face it, the horror community and Stephen King is sad at you for that statement, Bio.

2. The series isn't known to be dead serious, but the first movie is. Extremely. The first movie was actually made to ba a unique take on the same type of movies being released at the time. And those were some dead serious times. There is no intentional comedy when it comes to the horror aspect of that movie.

3. My point is this. I said you thinking the musical is better than the movies was more blasphemous than me loving RE4.

The fact that RE4 bastardized the series had nothing to do with my point. It was just me loving RE4 because it is a fun to play game. Even you admitted it is a great action game.

But you loving the musical stage adaption more than one of the greatest trilogies (And those aren't in my own words) of all time just seems...

Well, I'll just drop that.

You can like the musical more, I guess. But saying it's better than the movies... Well, in my personal opinion, that just seems more blasphemous than me loving a game because it's fun to play.

But I guess that's because I'm a hardcore Evil Dead fan, and you're a(n) (ex?) harcore RE fan.

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:14 pm

Chase Me To The End
1. You saying the Evil Dead is so bad it's good is very, very disappointing. Probably as much so as you think of me for loving RE4. Let's face it, the entire horror community and Stephen King is sad at you for that statement, Bio.
I'm sure they're not.

Chase Me To The End

2. The series isn't known to be dead serious, but the first movie is. Extremely. The first movie was actually made to ba a unique take on the same type of movies being released at the time. And those were some dead serious times. There is no intentional comedy when it comes to the horror aspect of that movie.
I know that. But you know what? The first movie wasn't even so bad it's good... Quite frankly, the first movie was somewhat boring, I don't like it all that much at all. The only way I enjoy watching it is with Bruce Campbell's commentary, where he just makes fun of everything. That's entertaining, and funny. The movie by itself, it's not funny, it's not scary, it's just there... It's good for its budget, I suppose, but that's about it. Evil Dead 2 WAS really entertaining. And Army of Darkness was awesome. But I can't say I'm a fan of the original Evil Dead film.

Chase Me To The End

3. My point is this. I said you thinking the musical is better than the movies was more blasphemous than me loving RE4.
Well, how can you know that? Have you heard any of the songs from the musical? Or seen any clips of it?
Because if not, then you judging this musical is the equivalent of if I played Dead Space, Army of Two, Gears of War, hated them, and then said, "Well, I hated the enemies, the storyline, the characters in all those games. So I'm gonna hate RE4."
I played RE4, I know it sucks first hand. How do you know that the musical is not better than the movies? Maybe it's not, maybe you see the musical and say, "Well, it was good, but the movies are still better." But until you DO see the musical, or at the very least hear its songs, there's nothing you can really say to disprove my statement.

Chase Me To The End

The fact that RE4 bastardized the series had nothing to do with my point. It was just me loving RE4 because it is a fun to play game. Even you admitted it is a great action game.
Yeah, well, I might hate RE4, but I don't hate all action shooters. Frankly, I like the genre, just not when it bastardizes my favorite franchise. My point is that... If RE4 was a first person shooter, and I said, "I hate all first person shooters, so I'm not interested in RE4. And that it's better than its predecessors is blasphemy," is the equivalent of your statement.

Chase Me To The End
But you loving the musical stage adaption more than one of the greatest trilogies (And those aren't in my own words) of all time just seems...
Well, quite frankly, if they made a musical stage adaptation of the original Star Wars, I'm sure it would be better than the movies as well.

Chase Me To The End

You can like the musical more, I guess. But saying it's better than the movies... Well, in my personal opinion, that just seems more blasphemous than me loving a game because it's fun to play.
Well, I never said, "It's blasphemous to enjoy playing RE4." I just said it sucked, personal opinion. Yeah, it's my personal opinion that the musical is better than the trilogy, but until you see... No, until you experience the musical for yourself, you can't say that it sucks.

Chase Me To The End
But I guess that's because I'm a hardcore Evil Dead fan, and you're a(n) (ex?) harcore RE fan.
I'm not an ex hardcore RE fan. I'm a hardcore fan of ex-RE. My tastes didn't change, RE did.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:05 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
1. You saying the Evil Dead is so bad it's good is very, very disappointing. Probably as much so as you think of me for loving RE4. Let's face it, the entire horror community and Stephen King is sad at you for that statement, Bio.
I'm sure they're not.

Chase Me To The End

I know that. But you know what? The first movie wasn't even so bad it's good... Quite frankly, the first movie was somewhat boring, I don't like it all that much at all. The only way I enjoy watching it is with Bruce Campbell's commentary, where he just makes fun of everything. That's entertaining, and funny. The movie by itself, it's not funny, it's not scary, it's just there... It's good for its budget, I suppose, but that's about it. Evil Dead 2 WAS really entertaining. And Army of Darkness was awesome. But I can't say I'm a fan of the original Evil Dead film.

Chase Me To The End

Well, how can you know that? Have you heard any of the songs from the musical? Or seen any clips of it?
Because if not, then you judging this musical is the equivalent of if I played Dead Space, Army of Two, Gears of War, hated them, and then said, "Well, I hated the enemies, the storyline, the characters in all those games. So I'm gonna hate RE4."
I played RE4, I know it sucks first hand. How do you know that the musical is not better than the movies? Maybe it's not, maybe you see the musical and say, "Well, it was good, but the movies are still better." But until you DO see the musical, or at the very least hear its songs, there's nothing you can really say to disprove my statement.

Chase Me To The End

Yeah, well, I might hate RE4, but I don't hate all action shooters. Frankly, I like the genre, just not when it bastardizes my favorite franchise. My point is that... If RE4 was a first person shooter, and I said, "I hate all first person shooters, so I'm not interested in RE4. And that it's better than its predecessors is blasphemy," is the equivalent of your statement.

Chase Me To The End
Well, quite frankly, if they made a musical stage adaptation of the original Star Wars, I'm sure it would be better than the movies as well.

Chase Me To The End

Well, I never said, "It's blasphemous to enjoy playing RE4." I just said it sucked, personal opinion. Yeah, it's my personal opinion that the musical is better than the trilogy, but until you see... No, until you experience the musical for yourself, you can't say that it sucks.

Chase Me To The End
I'm not an ex hardcore RE fan. I'm a hardcore fan of ex-RE. My tastes didn't change, RE did.

Anything I didn't respond to is something I conceded defeat to.

1. You're right. Not the entire horror community. Most of it is, though. And by horror community, I mean the people on the fansites, horror websites, local theater events, and that go to conventions that let there presence be known. But definitely Stephen King.

Mathematicians have logically theorized through equations that if a majority of a sample taken from a massive selection is prone to a certain opinion, then the entire selection from which that sample was taken from is more then likely to have the same opinion as the sample. Which is why I say most of the horror community.

If I have to, I will take the time to show you so...But don't make me. I don't want to spend the time to do so...

2. It's not supposed to be funny, and sorry to hear you don't find it scary. But please don't say it's "just there", and also don't say it's good for the budget and that's about it. Damn, that's insulting to it's reputation.

3. If you've been paying attention to my revelations, you'd know that I was only basing my feelings on the fact that I hate musicals. It's a shitt* excuse, but so is gripping the fact that the game bastardizing your favorite franchise can't hold ground in my statement of "Loving the musical more than the movies is more blasphemous then me loving RE4", even though all I love it for is the gameplay, and not it's bastardizing plot.

4. "I hate all first person shooters, so I'm not interested in RE4. And that it's better than its predecessors is blasphemy," is the equivalent of your statement.

No, it's not. Unless by predecessors you mean the RE games that came before it. If you mean something more along the lines of, uhh, Doom, then that wouldn't make sense, since it's not even related to story wise like the musical is. That woulnd't be a situation of comparing Evil Dead the movie to Evil Dead the musical. That would be comparing Evil Dead the movie to, I dunno, Dawn of the Dead the movie.

5. F*** Star Wars.

6. The fact of the matter is, I never said the musical would suck (Not that I think), even if I do hate musicals. You're right, it could be great for all I know. But you had to have known that saying it is better than something I cherish beyond nearly everything else would have sparked me to retaliate, no? And seeing how as you know that I am not a fan of musicals, you would also have to have known that even if I did see it, and loved it, there would be no way I could love it more than the movies in which the musical was inspired from, no?

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:41 pm

Chase Me To The End
1. You're right. Not the entire horror community. Most of it is, though. And by horror community, I mean the people on the fansites, horror websites, local theater events, and that go to conventions that let there presence be known. But definitely Stephen King.
Local theater events? For someone who hates musicals, you're speaking boldly on behalf of local theater events. And even then... Since when is Evil Dead on such a ******** pedestal? Seriously, dude, stop being such a drama queen about it. I like Evil Dead The Musical better than the movies. And I'm sure most of that horror community who saw the musical would understand why, whether they agree or not.

Chase Me To The End

Mathematicians have logically theorized through equations that if a majority of a sample taken from a massive selection is prone to a certain opinion, then the entire selection from which that sample was taken from is more then likely to have the same opinion as the sample. Which is why I say most of the horror community.
Well, then theoretically, most of the horror community would love the hell out of Evil Dead the Musical, because I guarantee you that all those sold out seats didn't belong to snooty rich folks with binoculars on a stick. The kind of people you see in the auditorium at Evil Dead you're more likely to see at Heavy Metal concerts and those very same horror conventions you speak of.

Chase Me To The End
2. It's not supposed to be funny, and sorry to hear you don't find it scary. But please don't say it's "just there", and also don't say it's good for the budget and that's about it. Damn, that's insulting to it's reputation.
Well, I'm sorry, but frankly, Evil Dead is not that enjoyable. And I've spoken to several other people who agree with me. They all loved ED2, and Army of Darkness, and the overall franchise, but the first movie was a big disappointment, when I saw it. It had some interesting bits, but it took forever to get to them, and even then, they were few and far between.

Chase Me To The End
3. If you've been paying attention to my revelations, you'd know that I was only basing my feelings on the fact that I hate musicals. It's a shitt* excuse, but so is holding the fact that the game bastardizing your favorite franchise can't hold ground in my statement of "Loving the musical more than the movies is more blasphemous then me loving RE4", even though all I love it for is the gameplay, and not it's bastardizing plot.
I still don't see your point. Dude, the fact is RE4 ruined the franchise. It might be fun to play, but that doesn't change the fact that it did ruin the franchise.
Evil Dead the Musical is beyond awesome, it does justice to the franchise of Evil Dead, and frankly, it's the best thing to happen TO the franchise since Army of Darkness came out. Everything that happened in between, comics, video games, does not stack up to how awesome the musical is.
And the fact that I like it better than the movies is fully justified. It tells the exact same story, but does it with a lot more humor, and really good, funny and catchy music.

Chase Me To The End

4. "I hate all first person shooters, so I'm not interested in RE4. And that it's better than its predecessors is blasphemy," is the equivalent of your statement.

No, it's not. Unless by predecessors you mean the RE games that came before it. If you mean something more along the lines of, uhh, Doom, then that wouldn't make sense, since it's not even related to story wise like the musical is. That woulnd't be a situation of comparing Evil Dead the movie to Evil Dead the musical. That would be comparing Evil Dead the movie to, I dunno, Dawn of the Dead the movie.
I did mean the RE games that came before it... Either way, you're judging it based on other forms of medium... A better analogy would be, "I love Survival Horror video games, particularly Resident Evil. But I hate horror movies, therefore I would hate Resident Evil movies."

Chase Me To The End
6. The fact of the matter is, I never said the musical would suck (Not that I think), even if I do hate musicals. You're right, it could be great for all I know. But you had to have known that saying it is better than something I cherish beyond nearly everything else would have sparked me to retaliate, no?
Well, no... I knew you were a fan of Evil Dead, but yeesh... That much? But even then, dude... Right now, my favorite video horror game franchise is Silent Hill... So, let's just say they made a Silent Hill: The Musical or "The Silent Hills are Alive with the sound of music" or something, and they made it hilarious, the songs are catchy, the storyline is based on Silent Hill 2 for example, my favorite one, and it's got musical numbers like, "Ode to Nurse Cleavage" or "Crazy in the bollocks" by Angela, something, and it's all kinds of awesome... I dunno, man, I can honestly say that as far as sheer enjoyment factor goes, I might like a musical like that better than the game that inspired it. That's not to say the game wouldn't be worth playing, it's quite a different experience, but seeing a live stage production with those costumes, set designs, characters... It could very well turn out to be my favorite piece of Silent Hill media. But I guess that's because I LIKE musicals. Either way, if it DID exist, and you said, "I liked the Silent Hill 2 musical better than the game," I'd probably agree.

Chase Me To The End

And seeing how as you know that I am not a fan of musicals, you would also have to have known that even if I did see it, and loved it, there would be no way I could love it more than the movies in which the musical was inspired from, no?
Well, maybe Evil Dead: The Musical would change your whole perspective on musicals. You never know.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:19 pm

Not to be on anyone's side, but I'll just say this before bed:

For calling him a drama queen, Bio, you should really look in the mirror regarding RE4. razz

"It's a good action game."
"It's on my favorite games list!"
"Why? It's awful, it ruined everything, etc etc. It's my number 1 hated game of all time!"

Just an observation.

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:40 pm

Canas Renvall
For calling him a drama queen, Bio, you should really look in the mirror regarding RE4. razz

"It's a good action game."
"It's on my favorite games list!"
"Why? It's awful, it ruined everything, etc etc. It's my number 1 hated game of all time!"

Just an observation.
Okay, remember that part about not reviewing games like a damn robot? "Good gemplay, good graphics = good game!"
I said RE4 had solid gameplay mechanics for an action game. That doesn't mean s**t. It is my most hated video game of all time. The storyline IS awful, the gameplay mechanics started a horrible trend of action-based 'horror' games and almost killed the survival horror genre.
So, even though the gameplay mechanics might be solid, RE4 caused a hundred times more harm than it did good.
Heck, Dead Space had great graphics and solid gameplay mechanics and great production quality too, it still bored the s**t out of me. So as far as I'm concerned, it's still a bad game.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:44 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
Local theater events? For someone who hates musicals, you're speaking boldly on behalf of local theater events. And even then... Since when is Evil Dead on such a ******** pedestal? Seriously, dude, stop being such a drama queen about it. I like Evil Dead The Musical better than the movies. And I'm sure most of that horror community who saw the musical would understand why, whether they agree or not.

Chase Me To The End

Well, then theoretically, most of the horror community would love the hell out of Evil Dead the Musical, because I guarantee you that all those sold out seats didn't belong to snooty rich folks with binoculars on a stick. The kind of people you see in the auditorium at Evil Dead you're more likely to see at Heavy Metal concerts and those very same horror conventions you speak of.

Chase Me To The End
Well, I'm sorry, but frankly, Evil Dead is not that enjoyable. And I've spoken to several other people who agree with me. They all loved ED2, and Army of Darkness, and the overall franchise, but the first movie was a big disappointment, when I saw it. It had some interesting bits, but it took forever to get to them, and even then, they were few and far between.

Chase Me To The End
3. If you've been paying attention to my revelations, you'd know that I was only basing my feelings on the fact that I hate musicals. It's a shitt* excuse, but so is holding the fact that the game bastardizing your favorite franchise can't hold ground in my statement of "Loving the musical more than the movies is more blasphemous then me loving RE4", even though all I love it for is the gameplay, and not it's bastardizing plot.
I still don't see your point. Dude, the fact is RE4 ruined the franchise. It might be fun to play, but that doesn't change the fact that it did ruin the franchise.
Evil Dead the Musical is beyond awesome, it does justice to the franchise of Evil Dead, and frankly, it's the best thing to happen TO the franchise since Army of Darkness came out. Everything that happened in between, comics, video games, does not stack up to how awesome the musical is.
And the fact that I like it better than the movies is fully justified. It tells the exact same story, but does it with a lot more humor, and really good, funny and catchy music.

Chase Me To The End

I did mean the RE games that came before it... Either way, you're judging it based on other forms of medium... A better analogy would be, "I love Survival Horror video games, particularly Resident Evil. But I hate horror movies, therefore I would hate Resident Evil movies."

Chase Me To The End
6. The fact of the matter is, I never said the musical would suck (Not that I think), even if I do hate musicals. You're right, it could be great for all I know. But you had to have known that saying it is better than something I cherish beyond nearly everything else would have sparked me to retaliate, no?
Well, no... I knew you were a fan of Evil Dead, but yeesh... That much? But even then, dude... Right now, my favorite video horror game franchise is Silent Hill... So, let's just say they made a Silent Hill: The Musical or "The Silent Hills are Alive with the sound of music" or something, and they made it hilarious, the songs are catchy, the storyline is based on Silent Hill 2 for example, my favorite one, and it's got musical numbers like, "Ode to Nurse Cleavage" or "Crazy in the bollocks" by Angela, something, and it's all kinds of awesome... I dunno, man, I can honestly say that as far as sheer enjoyment factor goes, I might like a musical like that better than the game that inspired it. That's not to say the game wouldn't be worth playing, it's quite a different experience, but seeing a live stage production with those costumes, set designs, characters... It could very well turn out to be my favorite piece of Silent Hill media. But I guess that's because I LIKE musicals. Either way, if it DID exist, and you said, "I liked the Silent Hill 2 musical better than the game," I'd probably agree.

Chase Me To The End

And seeing how as you know that I am not a fan of musicals, you would also have to have known that even if I did see it, and loved it, there would be no way I could love it more than the movies in which the musical was inspired from, no?
Well, maybe Evil Dead: The Musical would change your whole perspective on musicals. You never know.

1. xd By local theater events, I meant all night horror movie marathons that are held at the local, small time movie theaters in my neighborhood.

It's always been on a ******** pedastal.

And I find it so funny you tell me to stop being a drama queen when you haven't stopped being a drama queen about RE since I've joined. You've argued so adamantly torwards your favorite video game franchise, allow me to do so for my favorite movie franchise.

Sure, the horror community would understand why. The Evil Dead horror community wouldn't.

But you know what? You're in your own seperate community. You're in the community that saw the musical first compared to seeing the movies first.
Not once have I met a fan, NOT F***ING ONCE, out of all the SEVERAL HUNDRED (As I'll divulge further on) fans of the movies FIRST have I met that said they prefer the musical. And trust me, had they have loved the musical as much as you did, they would have talked about it. And trust me when I say, I don't need to see ticket records to know that the people who have seen the movies first VASTLY outnumber the ones who have seen the musical first.

2. They probably would love the hell out of the musical. I'm not disagreeing with that. What I am disagreeing with is that they love the musical more than the actual movies. See #1. for further input.

3. I've spoken to several HUNDREDS about the Evil Dead. Sure, not all of them prefer the Evil Dead over the others, but as franchise fans, not a SINGLE God damn one said they didn't find the first one enjoyable. You're the only ******** franchise fan I've ever encounter who doesn't enjoy the first one, and that is why I'm arguing with you.

The reason that this probably happened is because I don't talk to people about Evil Dead unless they say they're major, or hardcore fans of it. And when it comes to all things Evil Dead, they're the only one's who opinions matter on the subject. Not some Nightmare on Elm Street's fan, or whatever.

4. And that's why you can't let it hold ground.

But if you just frikkin' ALLOWED the whole bastardization aspect of the game to be discarted, you'd then understand the statement more.

See, if you allowed that, then me saying I love RE4 because of it's fun gameplay isn't blasphemous what-so-ever.

But in the majority of The Evil Dead community, as I have argued above, saying you like the musical more would be deemed blasphemous.

And if you want, I'll give you God damn proof. I'll go on the ******** forums just so I can prove this point, if I must.

Now, I'm not saying you loving the musical over the movie isn't justified, but by God dammit, IT IS BLASPHEMOUS TO US HARDCORE FANS OF THE FILM FRANCHISE, which I will also go to the forums to prove is a far greater number than the fans of the awesome musical.

5. Yeah, but even if you did mean the RE games that came before it, RE 1 through CV is to The Evil Dead as RE4 is to Army of Darkness. Same main game (or movie) franchise, different beasts. Evil Dead the musical would be more like Survivor, or outbreak. Something that wasn't a part of the main series.

6. What? Aren't I as much a fan of The Evil Dead as you are of Pre-4 Resident Evil? If not, well this> Jesus, Bio, did you not understand the impact of the movies on me when I said I chose to pursue a career as a film maker because of them? Yeesh yourself.

Yes, Bio. It IS because you like musicals. Now that that's all cleared up, I can accept you preferring the musical over the movie That doesn't mean it's any less blasphemous. Learn to accept that, as it doesn't ******** matter to you anyways, does it?

King of Paradise

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 768 769 770 771 772 773 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games