Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 769 770 771 772 773 774 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The King of Misery

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:52 pm

This is rather fun to watch.If I may throw my two cents in,Resident Evil 4 would be a hell of a lot better if they had kept the the original Prototype.It was cancelled because it came off as to paranormal as aposed to the zombified living ded type scenario.But I think it could've worked,like maybe the T-Virus was converted into a type of hallucinogen
that made safe areas appear dangerously inhabbited by monsters,and the point was in the begining to search for clues on the remaining fragments of the T-Virus,until Leon is infected and has to not only expose this new threat,but find an antidote.I don't know,maybe I'm just babbling.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:53 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
Canas Renvall
Awkward that he would have two fathers. xd

Edit: And again, I'm by no means defending RE4, but it did in fact revolutionize the action genre. It's a fun game to play (not anymore though, it did get stale after a while), but not a good RE game.

And before you say "Well I don't think it did", please name the last over-the-shoulder shooter before it that sold 4+ million copies. razz

I don't have to name one... Because quite frankly, Alone in the Dark revolutionized (Hell, STARTED) survival horror, but Resident Evil still is best known for popularizing it.
That's the same case with RE4. It played a lot smoother and was more accessible than action shooters before it, but it wasn't "REVOLUTIONARY" in the same way that one would say, Mario 64 or the original Tomb Raider or Metal Gear. RE4 didn't start the genre, it just did it better--that's action shooter genre. Not horror.
All RE4 did was say, "I'm Survival Horror" and made people go, "Oh, this is survival horror that's all actiony." It's almost like Kingdom Hearts or something in that way, that it went, "I'm an RPG" and people who didn't like RPGs said, "Oh, well this RPG is all hack and slash, so I like it now. It's progress." When all it is, is taking an aspect from another genre, but denying it. Because let's face it, people don't identify Kingdom Hearts as "Hack and Slash/RPG." They jsut call it a JRPG. Just the same, it's always, "RE4 is the best Survival Horror game evar!" When it's not, it's just a really good action game. But since it was oh so popular, there's a hundred action games just like it, and quite a few that are even better. So there's no reason to even play RE4 now, unless you LIKE the s**t for storyline.

Chase Me To The End
Lol, the magnetic boots were your biggest barrier of entry? I find that funny.
It just got tedious. I was like, "WOULD YOU GET TO THE FRIGGIN DESTINATION ALREADY!?"

Chase Me To The End

Sad to hear you couldn't get into Tales of Symphonia and can't as of yet get into Legend of Dragoon.
I think I missed my chance on Legend of Dragoon. I remember back around the time when I first got my PS1, I played a demo for it, and I freakin loved it. I was like, "This is almost as awesome as FF8!" But then when I picked it up again, when the PS2 was well into its better years, there have just been so many advancements in gameplay, that LOD just feels so sluggish. I'd spend like 5 seconds of them just standing there, not the enemy attacking, nor the character. And if there's an Active Time feature, it's not even visible. Maybe if they release it on the PSN, then I'll be able to enjoy it on the PSP.

Chase Me To The End

Eh, I love the movies to death, but the game (Regeneration) was just alright. Sure, it was hilarious, and my ideal way to go about playing as Ash, but it felt like it belonged on the SNES with it's basicness. All you did was hack and slash and shoot shi* 'til the very end. And I didn't like the fact that the world was void of life, character's you could walk up to and talk to and what not.
Well, you could walk up and talk to people in a Fistfull of Boomstick, it's still a barely mediocre game.
Regeneration kicked a**, man. I mean, yeah, it had a touch of simplicity to it, but that only gave it charm. And it's not like there's no character progression, you do find new weapons to diversify your arsenal.
I dunno, man... Considering that it's one of MY top 25 games, and you're definitely a bigger Evil Dead fanboy than I am... Just find it surprising, is all. If I had to choose my three favorite pieces of Evil Dead media, they would be this game, the musical and Army of Darkness.

Chase Me To The End
Well, if both you and Canas were my fathers, that'd make you guys...At least, it would make you more than likely.....
Oh right... That... Well, there's no reason why two straight guys who are good friends can't raise a kid together... Right, Mr. Kojima?

@King of Misery: Pretty much everyone here played REmake and RE0, so we don't really bother with spoiler warnings with those two games. Welcome to the club.

You didn't say it has solid mechanics. You said it's a really good action game. Just thought I'd point that out.

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:29 pm

Chase Me To The End
And I find it so funny you tell me to stop being a drama queen when you haven't stopped being a drama queen about RE since I've joined. You've argued so adamantly torwards your favorite video game franchise, allow me to do so for my favorite movie franchise.
But again, when I speak out against RE4, I know how much it sucks. And even though I haven't played RE5, I know what happens, all the stupid plot points that make it pretty much worse than RE4. My point is, yeah, if someone said, "RE4 is better than RE1 2 or 3," yeah, that's blasphemy. But for me to like the musical (which is awesome) better than the movies... Okay, let's just say... If someone came in here and said, "I like the Resident Evil movies better than the games" talking about the older games, I'd disagree with them, sure, but I wouldn't call it INFINITY TIMES MORE BLASPHEMY. That's excessive, dude.

Chase Me To The End
Sure, the horror community would understand why. The Evil Dead horror community wouldn't.
I don't know what you mean by "Evil Dead horror community." Are you trying to say people who like Evil Dead as a horror title and take it 100% seriously? Cause people like that need to lighten the hell up and see the humor in it. Pretty much every Evil Dead fan that I know of who has watched the musical, loved it. That's how it is. And yes, a good friend of mine, who's a huge horror buff, and a 100x bigger Evil Dead buff than I am, loved the musical. He was the one who recommended it to me. So if you're trying to say that true Evil Dead fans wouldn't like the musical, that's just not true.

Chase Me To The End

But you know what? You're in your own seperate community. You're in the community that saw the musical first compared to seeing the movies first.
What community? Like I said, out of all the people I know who are Evil Dead fans, I'm the only one who saw the musical first, and THEN all the movies.

Chase Me To The End

Not once have I met a fan, NOT F***ING ONCE, out of all the SEVERAL HUNDRED (As I'll divulge further on) fans of the movies FIRST have I met that said they prefer the musical. And trust me, had they have loved the musical as much as you did, they would have talked about it.
Never have I said that most Evil Dead fans would prefer the musical to the movies. I said I do. And some might. But there ya go, the musical is awesome, and you're missing out big time by not seeing it.

Chase Me To The End

And trust me when I say, I don't need to see ticket records to know that the people who have seen the movies first VASTLY outnumber the ones who have seen the musical first.
Sorry, dude, but how can you make a comparison like that? The movies have been out since the 70's, and are accessible everywhere. The musical has been out for 7 years, and is only accessible wherever it's playing. So of course more people have seen the movie and the musical. The musical might be sold out ALL the time, but that's because those Evil Dead fans that you speak of, love it so much they go to see it twice, thrice, five times, however many they can afford, I'm sure. I've seen whole families go with shirts five times more covered in dried fake blood from the previous times they went. And for every Evil Dead fan in Toronto, think of how many there are outside of this city who simply don't have the access or the $50 to pay for the musical. So of course more people have seen the movies first.

Chase Me To The End

2. They probably would love the hell out of the musical. I'm not disagreeing with that. What I am disagreeing with is that they love the musical more than the actual movies. See #1. for further input.
Again, I'm not saying they would. I'm just saying, they could understand why I would, because the musical is that awesome, and I didn't grow up with Evil Dead, even though it's always been on my radar.

Chase Me To The End

3. I've spoken to several HUNDREDS about the Evil Dead. Sure, not all of them prefer the Evil Dead over the others, but as franchise fans, not a SINGLE God damn one said they didn't find the first one enjoyable. You're the only ******** franchise fan I've ever encounter who doesn't enjoy the first one, and that is why I'm arguing with you.
Well, get over it, then! I didn't like the first movie, big freakin deal! Can't I have an opinion? You know how I often talk about that ever awesome RPG Persona 3? And Persona 4? The two games that buried Final Fantasy as my favorite RPGs. Well, guess what. Persona 1 sucks. There's a ton of Persona fans who would disagree with me on that, but that's how I feel.
And heck, it's not like I think Evil Dead 1 sucked, I just found it a little bit boring, and a bit slow paced for my taste. Yeah, I get that it's because it was made in the 70's and back then movies were slower and longer and all that, but I've watched plenty of long 70's movies that kept me interested all the way through. So I dunno what it is, but I found that Evil Dead dragged on a bit. There were a couple of parts where I found it creepy where nothing was happening, kind like that foreboding creepiness and realization of the situation, but all in all, it was a long movie with not very much happening in it. That's how I feel. I'm sorry if that offends you, but hey, as I recall you didn't enjoy Silent Hill 2 very much, and that's my favorite in the series. So live and let live, man.

Chase Me To The End
The reason that this probably happened is because I don't talk to people about Evil Dead unless they say they're major, or hardcore fans of it. And when it comes to all things Evil Dead, they're the only one's who opinions matter on the subject. Not some Nightmare on Elm Street's fan, or whatever.
So if someone says, "I like Evil Dead, but I don't think it's the best" or whatever, you just say, "Then your opinion doesn't matter, so we have nothing to talk about"? That's harsh.

Chase Me To The End
But if you just frikkin' ALLOWED the whole bastardization aspect of the game to be discarted, you'd then understand the statement more.

See, if you allowed that, then me saying I love RE4 because of it's fun gameplay isn't blasphemous what-so-ever.
Well, you were the one who used the term, "Blasphemy" first. Saying that me saying that the Evil Dead Musical is better than the movies is more blasphemous than you likinf RE4. Hell, I don't think either is blasphemous. Saying that RE4 is scarier or has a better storyline than the previous RE games, THAT'S blasphemous. Like, if I said that Ryan Ward the original Ash from the musical makes a better Ash than Bruce Campbell, yeah, that's when you call blasphemy and chop my head off with a chainsaw, but I never said that.

Chase Me To The End

But in the majority of The Evil Dead community, as I have argued above, saying you like the musical more would be deemed blasphemous.

And if you want, I'll give you God damn proof. I'll go on the ******** forums just so I can prove this point, if I must.

Now, I'm not saying you loving the musical over the movie isn't justified, but by God dammit, IT IS BLASPHEMOUS TO US HARDCORE FANS OF THE FILM FRANCHISE, which I will also go to the forums to prove is a far greater number than the fans of the awesome musical.
See? Calm the hell down. I'm not saying that the musical has more fans. But using the term Blasphemous for something like that is blowing it WAY out of proportion, dude. And if that's how the community you interact with reacts, then y'all need to take a ******** chill pill.. I mean, I own the movies, and I enjoy them, especially the latter two, and I have the video games, and some comics, and all that. So all in all, I like the franchise. But I guarantee you that there are people out there who don't like the movies, it's simply not their cup of tea.. Hell, my mother is one of them. But she still loved the musical, so obviously she thinks the musical is better than the movies. How is that blasphemous?

At most, it would be blasphemous, if I said I was a hardcore fan of the franchise, but prefer the musical to the movies. But I never said I was hardcore about it. I'm a fan, sure, but I mean, there are at least 10 other franchises that I'm more hardcore about than Evil Dead, in terms of movies alone.

Chase Me To The End

5. Yeah, but even if you did mean the RE games that came before it, RE 1 through CV is to The Evil Dead as RE4 is to Army of Darkness. Same main game (or movie) franchise, different beasts. Evil Dead the musical would be more like Survivor, or outbreak. Something that wasn't a part of the main series.
Well, I'd say the musical would be something more along the lines of the RE1 novel... A retelling of the original story in a different format.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, Chase... Comparing Resident Evil series to Evil Dead, and saying that RE4 is like Army of Darkness... THAT's blasphemy. Unless, of course, you think Army of Darkness bastardizes the Evil Dead franchise.

Or, forget RE. Let's take Rambo, for example. First Blood, the original Rambo movie was based on a book that was quite different. Now, Rambo is definitely one of those franchises that I can say I AM hardcore about. But I still like the movie better than the book it was based on. As a book, yeah, it's my favorite novel, but comparing the novel to the movie, I prefer the movie. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Chase Me To The End
6. What? Aren't I as much a fan of The Evil Dead as you are of Pre-4 Resident Evil? If note, well this> Jesus, Bio, did you not understand the impact of the movies on me when I said I chose to pursue a career as a film maker because of them? Yeesh yourself.
Yeah, but I mean... I could say, for example, "Mortal Kombat inspired me to want to get into video game development" and yeah, it was my biggest inspiration, but Resident Evil was there too, and Final Fantasy and Metal Gear and Silent Hill, and very other game on that list, man. So yeah, you said Evil Dead influenced you wanting to become a director, but I didn't know to what extend. And also, I just always assume you're talking about the franchise, meaning Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness included. And like I said, those two I love.

Chase Me To The End

Yes, Bio. It IS because you like musicals. Now that that's all cleared up, I can accept you preferring the musical over the movie That doesn't mean it's any less blasphemous. Learn to accept that, as it doesn't ******** matter anyways, does it?
Well, then let's leave it with the fact that I think you severely misuse the term 'blasphemous'. You make me sound like a ******** heretic, or something, man.

Chase Me To The End
You didn't say it has solid mechanics. You said it's a really good action game. Just thought I'd point that out.

Well, I meant purely in sheer mechanics. And even then, I only mean controlling the character, the fluidity of the gameplay and the comfort of aiming. But even the enemies aren't that well done, most games have a lot better programmed enemies. Ones that don't run up to you and then slow down as soon as they get close. Bottom line is, just because it's polished and balanced doesn't automatically make it a good game.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:11 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
And I find it so funny you tell me to stop being a drama queen when you haven't stopped being a drama queen about RE since I've joined. You've argued so adamantly torwards your favorite video game franchise, allow me to do so for my favorite movie franchise.
But again, when I speak out against RE4, I know how much it sucks. And even though I haven't played RE5, I know what happens, all the stupid plot points that make it pretty much worse than RE4. My point is, yeah, if someone said, "RE4 is better than RE1 2 or 3," yeah, that's blasphemy. But for me to like the musical (which is awesome) better than the movies... Okay, let's just say... If someone came in here and said, "I like the Resident Evil movies better than the games" talking about the older games, I'd disagree with them, sure, but I wouldn't call it INFINITY TIMES MORE BLASPHEMY. That's excessive, dude.

Chase Me To The End
Sure, the horror community would understand why. The Evil Dead horror community wouldn't.
I don't know what you mean by "Evil Dead horror community." Are you trying to say people who like Evil Dead as a horror title and take it 100% seriously? Cause people like that need to lighten the hell up and see the humor in it. Pretty much every Evil Dead fan that I know of who has watched the musical, loved it. That's how it is. And yes, a good friend of mine, who's a huge horror buff, and a 100x bigger Evil Dead buff than I am, loved the musical. He was the one who recommended it to me. So if you're trying to say that true Evil Dead fans wouldn't like the musical, that's just not true.

Chase Me To The End

But you know what? You're in your own seperate community. You're in the community that saw the musical first compared to seeing the movies first.
What community? Like I said, out of all the people I know who are Evil Dead fans, I'm the only one who saw the musical first, and THEN all the movies.

Chase Me To The End

Not once have I met a fan, NOT F***ING ONCE, out of all the SEVERAL HUNDRED (As I'll divulge further on) fans of the movies FIRST have I met that said they prefer the musical. And trust me, had they have loved the musical as much as you did, they would have talked about it.
Never have I said that most Evil Dead fans would prefer the musical to the movies. I said I do. And some might. But there ya go, the musical is awesome, and you're missing out big time by not seeing it.

Chase Me To The End

And trust me when I say, I don't need to see ticket records to know that the people who have seen the movies first VASTLY outnumber the ones who have seen the musical first.
Sorry, dude, but how can you make a comparison like that? The movies have been out since the 70's, and are accessible everywhere. The musical has been out for 7 years, and is only accessible wherever it's playing. So of course more people have seen the movie and the musical. The musical might be sold out ALL the time, but that's because those Evil Dead fans that you speak of, love it so much they go to see it twice, thrice, five times, however many they can afford, I'm sure. I've seen whole families go with shirts five times more covered in dried fake blood from the previous times they went. And for every Evil Dead fan in Toronto, think of how many there are outside of this city who simply don't have the access or the $50 to pay for the musical. So of course more people have seen the movies first.

Chase Me To The End

2. They probably would love the hell out of the musical. I'm not disagreeing with that. What I am disagreeing with is that they love the musical more than the actual movies. See #1. for further input.
Again, I'm not saying they would. I'm just saying, they could understand why I would, because the musical is that awesome, and I didn't grow up with Evil Dead, even though it's always been on my radar.

Chase Me To The End

3. I've spoken to several HUNDREDS about the Evil Dead. Sure, not all of them prefer the Evil Dead over the others, but as franchise fans, not a SINGLE God damn one said they didn't find the first one enjoyable. You're the only ******** franchise fan I've ever encounter who doesn't enjoy the first one, and that is why I'm arguing with you.
Well, get over it, then! I didn't like the first movie, big freakin deal! Can't I have an opinion? You know how I often talk about that ever awesome RPG Persona 3? And Persona 4? The two games that buried Final Fantasy as my favorite RPGs. Well, guess what. Persona 1 sucks. There's a ton of Persona fans who would disagree with me on that, but that's how I feel.
And heck, it's not like I think Evil Dead 1 sucked, I just found it a little bit boring, and a bit slow paced for my taste. Yeah, I get that it's because it was made in the 70's and back then movies were slower and longer and all that, but I've watched plenty of long 70's movies that kept me interested all the way through. So I dunno what it is, but I found that Evil Dead dragged on a bit. There were a couple of parts where I found it creepy where nothing was happening, kind like that foreboding creepiness and realization of the situation, but all in all, it was a long movie with not very much happening in it. That's how I feel. I'm sorry if that offends you, but hey, as I recall you didn't enjoy Silent Hill 2 very much, and that's my favorite in the series. So live and let live, man.

Chase Me To The End
The reason that this probably happened is because I don't talk to people about Evil Dead unless they say they're major, or hardcore fans of it. And when it comes to all things Evil Dead, they're the only one's who opinions matter on the subject. Not some Nightmare on Elm Street's fan, or whatever.
So if someone says, "I like Evil Dead, but I don't think it's the best" or whatever, you just say, "Then your opinion doesn't matter, so we have nothing to talk about"? That's harsh.

Chase Me To The End
But if you just frikkin' ALLOWED the whole bastardization aspect of the game to be discarted, you'd then understand the statement more.

See, if you allowed that, then me saying I love RE4 because of it's fun gameplay isn't blasphemous what-so-ever.
Well, you were the one who used the term, "Blasphemy" first. Saying that me saying that the Evil Dead Musical is better than the movies is more blasphemous than you likinf RE4. Hell, I don't think either is blasphemous. Saying that RE4 is scarier or has a better storyline than the previous RE games, THAT'S blasphemous. Like, if I said that Ryan Ward the original Ash from the musical makes a better Ash than Bruce Campbell, yeah, that's when you call blasphemy and chop my head off with a chainsaw, but I never said that.

Chase Me To The End

But in the majority of The Evil Dead community, as I have argued above, saying you like the musical more would be deemed blasphemous.

And if you want, I'll give you God damn proof. I'll go on the ******** forums just so I can prove this point, if I must.

Now, I'm not saying you loving the musical over the movie isn't justified, but by God dammit, IT IS BLASPHEMOUS TO US HARDCORE FANS OF THE FILM FRANCHISE, which I will also go to the forums to prove is a far greater number than the fans of the awesome musical.
See? Calm the hell down. I'm not saying that the musical has more fans. But using the term Blasphemous for something like that is blowing it WAY out of proportion, dude. And if that's how the community you interact with reacts, then y'all need to take a ******** chill pill.. I mean, I own the movies, and I enjoy them, especially the latter two, and I have the video games, and some comics, and all that. So all in all, I like the franchise. But I guarantee you that there are people out there who don't like the movies, it's simply not their cup of tea.. Hell, my mother is one of them. But she still loved the musical, so obviously she thinks the musical is better than the movies. How is that blasphemous?

At most, it would be blasphemous, if I said I was a hardcore fan of the franchise, but prefer the musical to the movies. But I never said I was hardcore about it. I'm a fan, sure, but I mean, there are at least 10 other franchises that I'm more hardcore about than Evil Dead, in terms of movies alone.

Chase Me To The End

5. Yeah, but even if you did mean the RE games that came before it, RE 1 through CV is to The Evil Dead as RE4 is to Army of Darkness. Same main game (or movie) franchise, different beasts. Evil Dead the musical would be more like Survivor, or outbreak. Something that wasn't a part of the main series.
Well, I'd say the musical would be something more along the lines of the RE1 novel... A retelling of the original story in a different format.

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, Chase... Comparing Resident Evil series to Evil Dead, and saying that RE4 is like Army of Darkness... THAT's blasphemy. Unless, of course, you think Army of Darkness bastardizes the Evil Dead franchise.

Or, forget RE. Let's take Rambo, for example. First Blood, the original Rambo movie was based on a book that was quite different. Now, Rambo is definitely one of those franchises that I can say I AM hardcore about. But I still like the movie better than the book it was based on. As a book, yeah, it's my favorite novel, but comparing the novel to the movie, I prefer the movie. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Chase Me To The End
6. What? Aren't I as much a fan of The Evil Dead as you are of Pre-4 Resident Evil? If note, well this> Jesus, Bio, did you not understand the impact of the movies on me when I said I chose to pursue a career as a film maker because of them? Yeesh yourself.
Yeah, but I mean... I could say, for example, "Mortal Kombat inspired me to want to get into video game development" and yeah, it was my biggest inspiration, but Resident Evil was there too, and Final Fantasy and Metal Gear and Silent Hill, and very other game on that list, man. So yeah, you said Evil Dead influenced you wanting to become a director, but I didn't know to what extend. And also, I just always assume you're talking about the franchise, meaning Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness included. And like I said, those two I love.

Chase Me To The End

Yes, Bio. It IS because you like musicals. Now that that's all cleared up, I can accept you preferring the musical over the movie That doesn't mean it's any less blasphemous. Learn to accept that, as it doesn't ******** matter anyways, does it?
Well, then let's leave it with the fact that I think you severely misuse the term 'blasphemous'. You make me sound like a ******** heretic, or something, man.

Chase Me To The End

Well, I meant purely in sheer mechanics. And even then, I only mean controlling the character, the fluidity of the gameplay and the comfort of aiming. But even the enemies aren't that well done, most games have a lot better programmed enemies. Ones that don't run up to you and then slow down as soon as they get close. Bottom line is, just because it's polished and balanced doesn't automatically make it a good game.

Ok, I saw some clips from the musical. It does indeed look hilarious, and may change my mind on musicals, but still. I couldn't possibly love it more than The Evil Dead, because I love it for the horror aspect (Just the first movie).

1. Ok, I'm sorry. That was excessive. sweatdrop

2. No, dude, the the first Evil Dead movie has NO humor in it (When it comes to the horror aspect). The SEQUELS do. I love the sequels for it's quirky, oddball humor. But the first one has no humor in it, which is why we take it seriously. If you do see humor in the first movie, then...You're all sorts of f***ed up ha ha.

3. Well, does your friend like the musical more than the movie? If so...I guess I'm proven wrong?

4. That's what I mean by community. Fans of the film franchise over all else. That's the majority of the Evil Dead community, anyways...

5. Well, thats's the thing. The comparison can't be made, so obviously there must be more fans of Evil Dead the movie than the musical. That being said, what the hell do I know? Maybe if they did see the play they would like it more. But I'm just thinking from a viewpoint of how can a person who loves the first movie, a classic in the horror genre, then see the play, a comedic musical, and say they love it more even though they loved The Evil Dead for it's horror. It just doesn't make sense.

6. Yeah, but I don't go bashing Silent Hill 2, saying stuff that maybe my overly sensitive a** (When it comes to Evil Dead, that is) would find offensive such as "It did a good job with the budget, but that's about it."

Fine. I'll live and let live.

7. Ha ha, I'm harsh when it comes to the Evil Dead. Isn't it obvious?

8. I did say blasphemy first, but you did say I'm not your son first. xd

9. It's only blasphemous if you're a hardcore fan of the film franchise. Which, for some reason, I thought you were. My mistake.

10. I was just pointing out that RE 1-CV and RE4, much like The Evil Dead and Army of Darkness, we're completely seperate beasts in the same franchise.

And yes, Evil Dead the musical could be like the novel, but the novel isn't really totally canon, is it? So still, it's a seperate thing from the main series.

11. It's funny, I actually used blasphemous in a more light hearted manner then it's full meaning. I wasn't using it in a God forsaker way; I was using it just in a "Le gasp!" way, if that makes sense.

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:41 pm

Chase Me To The End
Ok, I saw some clips from the musical. It does indeed look hilarious, and may change my mind on musicals, but still. I couldn't possibly love it more than The Evil Dead, because I love it for the horror aspect (Just the first movie).
I never said you would. But still, the musical actually encompasses Evil Dead 1 and 2, and in that respect, there's tons more hilarity than in ED2. But even more so if you've actually seen the original. So to me, the musical was even better the second time around after I watched the movies.

Chase Me To The End
2. No, dude, the the first Evil Dead movie has NO humor in it (When it comes to the horror aspect). The SEQUELS do. I love the sequels for it's quirky, oddball humor. But the first one has no humor in it, which is why we take it seriously. If you do see humor in the first movie, then...You're all sorts of f***ed up ha ha.
Yeah, but still, even if you do take part 1 seriously, if that keeps you from enjoying the humorous interpretation of it in the musical, you do need to lighten up.

Chase Me To The End

3. Well, does your friend like the musical more than the movie? If so...I guess I'm proven wrong?
I never said, he did... I just said he loved the musical, and loved the movies, and hell, he even recommended Evil Dead Regeneration to me. He said, "That's one game that's worth playing just for the humor alone." Only later did I discover that it was actually a really fun game, humor or not. But my point is, he's a huge Evil Dead fan, and he loved the musical.

Chase Me To The End

4. That's what I mean by community. Fans of the film franchise over all else. That's the majority of the Evil Dead community, anyways...
No, I know, but you're saying it like the community around ME all saw the musical first. And I don't know anyone else besides me who did.

Chase Me To The End

5. Well, thats's the thing. The comparison can't be made, so obviously there must be more fans of Evil Dead the movie than the musical. That being said, what the hell do I know? Maybe if they did see the play they would like it more. But I'm just thinking from a viewpoint of how can a person who loves the first movie, a classic in the horror genre, then see the play, a comedic musical, and say they love it more even though they loved The Evil Dead for it's horror. It just doesn't make sense.
Well, it's like this... I mean, let's broaden a bit... Broad...way a bit... My favorite Disney movie of all time is Lion King, right? Well, I haven't seen the theatrical production of it... But it's very possible that if I did see Lion King in Broadway, the scale of it, the beautiful acoustics, the elaborate costumes, the ingenuity of having to do certain complicated things live, all of that might make an overall better and move overwhelming experience than just the Disney movie. And yes, the disney movie might have some kick a** voice actors, great animation, and of course the nostalgia factor, but still, I can't say that seeing the live production of Lion King, that I wouldn't like the musical better than the movie. And yeah, you might not like musicals... But what if there WAS a die hard Evil Dead fan like you, who was also a big fan of theatrical musicals. Don't you think it's possible that combining those two things he loves would prove to be a better overall experience for him?

Chase Me To The End

6. Yeah, but I don't go bashing Silent Hill 2, saying stuff that maybe my overly sensitive a** (When it comes to Evil Dead, that is) would find offensive such as "It did a good job with the budget, but that's about it."
Well, what I meant was, that's all that I really appreciated about it. How much it did with how little. That's not bashing it... I mean, okay, here's the thing. I might have had wrong expectations. I actually thought that Evil Dead earned its fanbase because it was so bad it was funny... So when I started watching it, I was expecting some laughs, and there were none...
And I didn't find it scary. And don't make such a big deal out of that, because as I recall, you said you didn't find Silent Hill 2 scary either. So we obviously have different factors that we find scary in horror.
So to me, the only aspect of Evil Dead that I found cool, was the fact that the events so closely mirrored the musical (some things even word for word). Maybe eventually I'll give it a watch with full intent on being immersed in its horror and I'll have a different experience.

Chase Me To The End
Well, NOW it is.

Chase Me To The End
Well, you made it sound serious. Where as I was joking. Of course you're my son.

Chase Me To The End
9. It's only blasphemous if you're a hardcore fan of the film franchise. Which, for some reason, I thought you were. My mistake.
I just think it's awesome. The overall franchise. I think Bruce Campbell is an excellent and very underrated actor, and I think the character of Ash is probably the coolest Horror protagonist ever. Of course, my favorite horror movie franchise, Nightmare on Elm Street, I watch for the Antagonist.

Chase Me To The End

10. I was just pointing out that RE 1-CV and RE4, much like The Evil Dead and Army of Darkness, we're completely seperate beasts in the same franchise.

Chase Me To The End
And yes, Evil Dead the musical could be like the novel, but the novel isn't really totally canon, is it? So still, it's a seperate thing from the main series.
Well, so is the musical. And it points out so. Like, when Annie and Ed meet Jake, they're like, "Are you just standing here all alone?" And he's like, "Yep. I was supposed to be here with my wife, Bobbie Joe, but since those trees already chased that young girl in the woods, Bobbie Joe would've been a bit redundant."
Things like that. So obviously the musical is also seperate thing from the main series. That's what I'm saying. But honestly, with RE, the novel DID have a more fleshed out story than RE1, for obvious reasons. So as far as the story goes, until REmake came along, I considered the first novel to be canon.

Chase Me To The End

11. It's funny, I actually used blasphemous in a more light hearted manner then it's full meaning. I wasn't using it in a God forsaker way; I was using it just in a "Le gasp!" way, if that makes sense.
Well, when you do that, and then say "INFINITY" and "RE4" and all that. Makes it seem a lot more meaningful.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:56 am

Yay, it happened without me for once! xd

Regarding Skies of Arcadia Legends on Gamecube and its features: Yeah, well, you mother ******** don't get no Pinta's Quest on the VMU. =P or the online component that doesn't work anymore! Not that I care, because I have both. cool
But seriously, I was hoping they were gonna pimp out the Pinta's Quest with a GBA deal, but they didn't. evil

When someone said Freedom Force, I thought they were talking about Freedom Force. NES, b***h.

Okami was awesome, but I got stuck somewhere and kinda fell off. Then I let my sister borrow it ALONG with my Hulk's Ultimate Destruction (******** yes, best GTA-style game ever outside of GTA), and now they're long gone. But I did get Okami again for the Wii. The original PS2 version came out right around the same time as the Wii, and really, it just feels like it was made for the Wii. But I still haven't gotten back into it yet.

And no s**t. Rez, Xeno... nice.

I will soon put out a list of... I don't know, games I feel worth mentioning. Because I could never do true a top ten, and really, I've seen enough Zelda and Metal Gears on the lists.

And seriously, Kojima needs to let that s**t die. Every time he says it's the last one. What is he, just a one-trick pony now? MGS has been done to death. I know its the only game franchise you make that sells worth s**t, Kojima, but do something else. Bring Snatcher back or something. MGS4 ended it. Stop milking it. I bought Zone of Enders. I bought Lunar Knights. Do something' different. Bleh.

And now, to toss my hat into the ring....

RE4 was revolutionary. Sorry, Bio. Just the facts. RE4 didn't create the Third Person Action shooter genre. That is to say, it wasn't the first to feature a third person camera in an action game, but the Third Person Shooter genre as it is known today was created by RE4. They all copy RE4's innovations. Every Third Person Action Shooter game you see on the market nowadays uses the template that RE4 created. And that even goes for MGS4, one of the games on your Top Ten. Hell, that also goes for Uncharted AND Uncharted 2 in the case of the aiming mechanic. Did the camera ever pan in over Snake's shoulder all RE4-style in any of the past MGS games? Was there a Drebin Shop where you bought and upgraded weapons in any of the past MGS games? Nope. That was all just gameplay devices lifted directly from RE4. And how does that make much more sense than the Merchant in RE4? You don't even have to FIND Drebin. You just order the stuff straight from your MkII. Which, I guess... what? Reprasents the MkII hitting up Drebin's shop, getting the guns, and transporting them back to you? That might work for a handgun; not for a frkkin' Nikita rocket launcher. So don't slam Dead Space. MGS4 does the same damn thing. And I LIKED Dead Space. A lot. It's a good game.

Here's the point: RE4 came out, and everything changed. Everything started emulating it, and is still emulating it. That's pretty much the definition of revolutionary right there. RE4 is just as revolutionary to the Third Person Shooter genre as Mario 64 was to the 3D Platforming genre. Just as revolutionary as GTA is to the "sand box" genre. But unlike the original Resident Evil, RE4 wasn't just a slick copycat of something else. RE4 created the standard template for the modern TPS. Just like Halo created the standard template for the modern FPS. There was nothing quite like RE4 when it came out. And now, everything is. That's the downside of any great game that gets popular. The market gets over-saturated with it. Just like we were once over-saturated with "Survival Horror" games and "Sandbox" games. It's the current trend. All a video game 'genre' is is ONE popular game and all of its imitators.

The RE4 topic has really been beaten to death. Yes, it ******** the storyline. If it hadn't ******** the storyline, I would have been fine with RE4's action gameplay. s**t, I'm still fine with it. Yeah, I still would have missed the old s**t, but tt was a great game. ********, look at RE3. Are you really going to sit here and tell me you had much trouble for ammo in that game? It was action-packed as hell. More action-packed than RE2, which was more action-packed than RE1. And you say you like Dino Crisis 2. s**t, that game is like the ******** precursor to RE4 with its non-stop action. It's even got run & gun! AND a ******** shopping mechanic to buy new guns with the "extinction points" you get for shooting dinosaurs and chaining combos. Yeah, points! Not even ******** money you pick up. How does that make any logical sense? Why haven't you bashed the s**t out of that game? How 'bout this explanation: It's a ******** video game. What makes Dino Crisis 2 so good and RE4 so s**t for gameplay? Fixed camera angles? Pffft. Get over it, man.

Yeah, Las Plagas sucked. Special Agent Leon sucked. Ashley was annoying as hell (though I'd totally throw it in her). It flushed the Resident Evil storyline down the toilet and I never got the ending I had been playing toward for so many years. It brought on a bunch of n00b douchebag Leon fanboys/fangirls I can't ******** stand. But in regards to the GAMEPLAY, it was great. I liked it better than RE5. Because of the better set pieces it had, the better boss fights, etc. As far as storyline goes, as dumb as RE5 was in areas, it tops RE4's easily for me. Since its storyline dealing with the origins of the Progenitor is far more important and relevant to the series as a whole, and the s**t had Lickers in it too.

Also, I hate musicals. Like, HATE. And I definitely have no interest in an Evil Dead one. I already know I hate it, just like you already knew you hated RE5 before you saw or knew anything about its storyline, or even played it for that matter. So don't try to argue its merits with me. Anything you say about it, I'm just gonna slam it. ******** that s**t.

Thee Stranger

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:24 am

Thee Stranger
And seriously, Kojima needs to let that s**t die. Every time he says it's the last one. What is he, just a one-trick pony now? MGS has been done to death. I know its the only game franchise you make that sells worth s**t, Kojima, but do something else. Bring Snatcher back or something. MGS4 ended it. Stop milking it. I bought Zone of Enders. I bought Lunar Knights. Do something' different. Bleh.
Well, I still can't wait for Peace Walker. I mean, honestly, if Kojima ends Metal Gear, where am I gonna get tactical shooters? Syphon Filter is done. What, am I gonna invest in SOCOM? Or Splinter Cell? ******** that, man.

Thee Stranger

RE4 was revolutionary. Sorry, Bio. Just the facts. RE4 didn't create the Third Person Action shooter genre. That is to say, it wasn't the first to feature a third person camera in an action game, but the Third Person Shooter genre as it is known today was created by RE4. They all copy RE4's innovations.

EDIT: There's a difference between revolutionary and a trend setter. RE4 was a major trend setter... But hey, if that's your definition of revolutionary, then I was revolutionary myself, back in high school.
Revolutionary would've been changing a genre entirely or creating a new scope to that genre, and while RE4 was a transgression that almost phased Survival Horror out of existence, methinks that Survival Horror may rise again yet.
Like I said, there have been games with behind the back camera before RE4, so that's not new. Mario 64 was something entirely new. It was adding a completely new dimension to the platformer genre, which drastically changed the genre itself. But whatever, if you wanna call that revolutionary, then sure, RE4 was as revolutionary as the Nazi party. 6 million dollars worth of Survival Horror games were wasted.

Thee Stranger
Every Third Person Action Shooter game you see on the market nowadays uses the template that RE4 created. And that even goes for MGS4, one of the games on your Top Ten. Hell, that also goes for Uncharted AND Uncharted 2 in the case of the aiming mechanic. Did the camera ever pan in over Snake's shoulder all RE4-style in any of the past MGS games? Was there a Drebin Shop where you bought and upgraded weapons in any of the past MGS games? Nope. That was all just gameplay devices lifted directly from RE4. And how does that make much more sense than the Merchant in RE4? You don't even have to FIND Drebin. You just order the stuff straight from your MkII. Which, I guess... what? Reprasents the MkII hitting up Drebin's shop, getting the guns, and transporting them back to you? That might work for a handgun; not for a frkkin' Nikita rocket launcher. So don't slam Dead Space. MGS4 does the same damn thing. And I LIKED Dead Space. A lot. It's a good game.

Here's the point: RE4 came out, and everything changed. Everything started emulating it, and is still emulating it. That's pretty much the definition of revolutionary right there. RE4 is just as revolutionary to the Third Person Shooter genre as Mario 64 was to the 3D Platforming genre. Just as revolutionary as GTA is to the "sand box" genre. But unlike the original Resident Evil, RE4 wasn't just a slick copycat of something else. RE4 created the standard template for the modern TPS. Just like Halo created the standard template for the modern FPS. There was nothing quite like RE4 when it came out. And now, everything is. That's the downside of any great game that gets popular. The market gets over-saturated with it. Just like we were once over-saturated with "Survival Horror" games and "Sandbox" games. It's the current trend. All a video game 'genre' is is ONE popular game and all of its imitators.
I guess here's what I'm saying, RE4's importance is overrated as hell. Yeah, it did get a lot of immitators, but if RE4 never existed, and those immitators ended up doing something different, the video game industry probably would've been a better place.
See, the problem isn't that the market is oversaturated with it. The problem is that it claimed to be Survival Horror. So then every Survival Horror developer said, "Well, if THAT'S survival horror, then let's make our game like that. People like that!"
And despite what you say, Stranger, RE4 is no more horror than Gears of War.
But here's the thing... When GTA came out, and all the immitators followed. Particularly the ones with cities and cars, not just sandbox in general. I mean, games like Gangs of London, True Crime, etc... None of them did it as well as GTA. GTA still had, and still HAS the most refined gameplay mechanics in that type of game.
With RE4, quite a few "immitators" as you call them did it better. Gears of War, Uncharted, Metal Gear, all those games that you say took ideas from RE4, did them better. Which makes RE4 obsolete. Quite frankly, just the way I felt Mario 64 was obsolete after playing Banjo Kazooie.
The only immitators that didn't live up to the RE4 formula are the ones that tried making a survival horror game. And chances are, most of them at least pulled a decent horror aspect of it, even if the sheer mechanics lacked in finesse.

Thee Stranger

The RE4 topic has really been beaten to death. Yes, it ******** the storyline. If it hadn't ******** the storyline, I would have been fine with RE4's action gameplay. s**t, I'm still fine with it. Yeah, I still would have missed the old s**t, but tt was a great game. ********, look at RE3. Are you really going to sit here and tell me you had much trouble for ammo in that game? It was action-packed as hell. More action-packed than RE2, which was more action-packed than RE1. And you say you like Dino Crisis 2. s**t, that game is like the ******** precursor to RE4 with its non-stop action. It's even got run & gun! AND a ******** shopping mechanic to buy new guns with the "extinction points" you get for shooting dinosaurs and chaining combos. Yeah, points! Not even ******** money you pick up. How does that make any logical sense? Why haven't you bashed the s**t out of that game? How 'bout this explanation: It's a ******** video game. What makes Dino Crisis 2 so good and RE4 so s**t for gameplay? Fixed camera angles? Pffft. Get over it, man.
Dino Crisis is a different franchise altogether. Comparing them is like saying, "You didn't like FF12!? But it lifted its battle system almost directly from Parasite Eve! So how can you like Parasite Eve!?" It's called standards, dude. When I want to play Resident Evil, I'm expecting Resident Evil, not.... THAT... Whatever the hell you'd call RE4.
And the dinosaurs did make better enemies. Not only in the coolness factor, but in the way they functioned too.
Like I said, RE4 has solid gameplay mechanics, that might be fun to play. The parts im knocking are the ones that made it stupid. Such as backflipping on Leon's behalf... Who's the precursor to that? Devil May Cry? And the enemies, of course. That game had some of the most idiotic ideas for enemies, save a couple. The way they looked, the way they functioned.

And yes, the RE4 topic has been done to death. Look, it's not gonna keep me from throwing out the occasional, "******** RE4, it sucked." I'm as sick of having actual discussions about it as you. It was Canas who wanted to follow up on it.

Thee Stranger
Yeah, Las Plagas sucked. Special Agent Leon sucked. Ashley was annoying as hell (though I'd totally throw it in her). It flushed the Resident Evil storyline down the toilet and I never got the ending I had been playing toward for so many years. It brought on a bunch of n00b douchebag Leon fanboys/fangirls I can't ******** stand. But in regards to the GAMEPLAY, it was great. I liked it better than RE5. Because of the better set pieces it had, the better boss fights, etc.

Well, I haven't played RE5, so I'm not gonna say anything about its gameplay.

Thee Stranger

As far as storyline goes, as dumb as RE5 was in areas, it tops RE4's easily for me. Since its storyline dealing with the origins of the Progenitor is far more important and relevant to the series as a whole, and the s**t had Lickers in it too.
Well, dude, here's the difference. RE4 created a big bag of s**t from scratch. It was all new s**t.
With RE5, it's more like it took everything we know and love, and converted it into s**t. Digested it? Whatever. Point is, RE5's storyline is worse than RE4, in the same way that UC's storyline is worse than RE4. And I don't just mean the retconning, that 2003 Russia chapter sucked dingo balls too. RE4 might be bad, and taking into a new direction. But it's that much easier to ignore.
Once you hear, "Main storyline has Wesker! And they're gonna show Spencer! And Jill is supposedly dead! And origins of Progenitor! And LICKERS are in it!!!" Yeah, clearly that's gonna draw attention and make the fans go, "I want I want!" And when all that does turn into s**t... Look, no offense to you, or Canas, or whoever... But actually liking and defending RE5's plot, despite it ruining yet another character (the way RE4 ruined Leon and REUC ruined Wesker)... That's some fanboy goggles right there. And hey, I used to be in the same boat. When RE4 came out, I loved it. Why? Because it had Resident Evil on the title, and all things Resident Evil were sacred and holy. The fact that I spent $300 on the Wii and Umbrella Chronicles... Even if I didn't get any of that money back, I still would've been greatful to UC for opening up my eyes to the fact that the series is s**t now. You can put all the awesomeness funzies gameplay you want in it, but great gameplay doesn't make a great franchise.

And yes, you can tell me that you loved Dead Space all you want. I know you did. But I thought it sucked. I thought it was a whole lot of potential and resources flushed down the drain.

Thee Stranger
Also, I hate musicals. Like, HATE. And I definitely have no interest in an Evil Dead one. I already know I hate it, just like you already knew you hated RE5 before you saw or knew anything about its storyline, or even played it for that matter. So don't try to argue its merits with me. Anything you say about it, I'm just gonna slam it. ******** that s**t.
Well, even Chase is willing to give it a chance. So, I'm not gonna try to change your mind, dude, all I'm saying is... As you like to so adequtely put it, "more power to us."

And if you wanna follow up on any of that, Stranger, please, let's just take it into the debate forum, make it useful.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:05 am

Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
I never said you would. But still, the musical actually encompasses Evil Dead 1 and 2, and in that respect, there's tons more hilarity than in ED2. But even more so if you've actually seen the original. So to me, the musical was even better the second time around after I watched the movies.

Chase Me To The End
Yeah, but still, even if you do take part 1 seriously, if that keeps you from enjoying the humorous interpretation of it in the musical, you do need to lighten up.

Chase Me To The End

I never said, he did... I just said he loved the musical, and loved the movies, and hell, he even recommended Evil Dead Regeneration to me. He said, "That's one game that's worth playing just for the humor alone." Only later did I discover that it was actually a really fun game, humor or not. But my point is, he's a huge Evil Dead fan, and he loved the musical.

Chase Me To The End

No, I know, but you're saying it like the community around ME all saw the musical first. And I don't know anyone else besides me who did.

Chase Me To The End

Well, it's like this... I mean, let's broaden a bit... Broad...way a bit... My favorite Disney movie of all time is Lion King, right? Well, I haven't seen the theatrical production of it... But it's very possible that if I did see Lion King in Broadway, the scale of it, the beautiful acoustics, the elaborate costumes, the ingenuity of having to do certain complicated things live, all of that might make an overall better and move overwhelming experience than just the Disney movie. And yes, the disney movie might have some kick a** voice actors, great animation, and of course the nostalgia factor, but still, I can't say that seeing the live production of Lion King, that I wouldn't like the musical better than the movie. And yeah, you might not like musicals... But what if there WAS a die hard Evil Dead fan like you, who was also a big fan of theatrical musicals. Don't you think it's possible that combining those two things he loves would prove to be a better overall experience for him?

Chase Me To The End

Well, what I meant was, that's all that I really appreciated about it. How much it did with how little. That's not bashing it... I mean, okay, here's the thing. I might have had wrong expectations. I actually thought that Evil Dead earned its fanbase because it was so bad it was funny... So when I started watching it, I was expecting some laughs, and there were none...
And I didn't find it scary. And don't make such a big deal out of that, because as I recall, you said you didn't find Silent Hill 2 scary either. So we obviously have different factors that we find scary in horror.
So to me, the only aspect of Evil Dead that I found cool, was the fact that the events so closely mirrored the musical (some things even word for word). Maybe eventually I'll give it a watch with full intent on being immersed in its horror and I'll have a different experience.

Chase Me To The End
Well, NOW it is.

Chase Me To The End
Well, you made it sound serious. Where as I was joking. Of course you're my son.

Chase Me To The End
I just think it's awesome. The overall franchise. I think Bruce Campbell is an excellent and very underrated actor, and I think the character of Ash is probably the coolest Horror protagonist ever. Of course, my favorite horror movie franchise, Nightmare on Elm Street, I watch for the Antagonist.

Chase Me To The End

Chase Me To The End
Well, so is the musical. And it points out so. Like, when Annie and Ed meet Jake, they're like, "Are you just standing here all alone?" And he's like, "Yep. I was supposed to be here with my wife, Bobbie Joe, but since those trees already chased that young girl in the woods, Bobbie Joe would've been a bit redundant."
Things like that. So obviously the musical is also seperate thing from the main series. That's what I'm saying. But honestly, with RE, the novel DID have a more fleshed out story than RE1, for obvious reasons. So as far as the story goes, until REmake came along, I considered the first novel to be canon.

Chase Me To The End

Well, when you do that, and then say "INFINITY" and "RE4" and all that. Makes it seem a lot more meaningful.

Well, I just want us both to understand our repsective sides in the argument (because I may have not been totally clear), and here is how I see it.

I love the the Evil Dead film franchise.

You love the pre-4 RE franchise.

You hate RE4.

I hate musicals.

Not, what you said is true. Many Evil Dead fans who'd see the musical (And that enjoy musicals), probably would like it.

But the same goes for RE. Many fans who who love Pre-4 RE probably love the new one as well. Maybe not as many fans of Evil Dead that would like the musical, but here's my point.

To you, I'd imagine that if someone said they loved the shi* out the old school RE game, but then said they love RE 4 even more would seem pretty...le gasp! to you.

The same applies to my franchise. If they said they loved the Evil Dead films, but then said they loved the musical more, which to me is the equivalent of RE4, than that would be pretty le gasp to me as well.

Now, its true. I have yet to see the musical. But you didn't need to play RE5 to know you wouldn't like it. The same applies to me, because I just hate musicals, and I don't need to see it to know that I hate seeing people on stage singing. (But I'll still give the musical a chance.)

And while although you wouldn't think to compare the musical to RE4's atrocity, the fact of the matter is other people do love RE4.

So to me, our statements seem about equally "blasphemous" to eachother.

But, I know this doesn't apply to you anymore, because I am now aware you're not as crazy hardcore as an Evil Dead fan as I am.

Also, I also got heated because I thought your were more aware of the first Evil Dead's status.

While although it's true, Evil Dead isn't quite known for The Evil Dead rather than it's sequels, it's still a great film widely hailed in the horror community (It is indeed on a pedastal). And as much of Sam Raimi's creativity and genius is in it as it is in the sequels, and not subtelty either.

I found it to be the scariest horror movie I watched as kid, which it is why it left such an impact on me. Because, to be quite honest, nothing scares me much in movies anymore, cept the BOO moments Thee Stranger talks about in films (And the anxiety I get from anticipating them). But that's not true horror. True horror is getting the living hell scared INTO you. And that's what Evil Dead did just for me as a kid.

Maybe the reason you don't love it as much as I do is because you didn't see it 'til much later in your life. Shame.

We all clear now? If so, you can continue to be a drama queen in your arguments against RE4 to Thee Stranger. Haha, jk, Pa.

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:34 am

Chase Me To The End
Well, I just want us both to understand our repsective sides in the argument (because I may have not been totally clear), and here is how I see it.

You hate RE4.

I hate musicals.

Not, what you said is true. Many Evil Dead fans who'd see the musical (And that enjoy musicals), probably would like it.

But the same goes for RE. Many fans who who love Pre-4 RE probably love the new one as well. Maybe not as many fans of Evil Dead that would like the musical, but here's my point.

To you, I'd imagine that if someone said they loved the shi* out the old school RE game, but then said they love RE 4 even more would seem pretty...le gasp! to you.
Yes, that's true... But I still disagree... About the fact that liking the musical more than the movies is MORE le gasp than liking RE4 better than the classics. Let alone IN-FI-NI-TY times more.

Chase Me To The End
Now, its true. I have yet to see the musical. But you didn't need to play RE5 to know you wouldn't like it. The same applies to me, because I just hate musicals, and I don't need to see it to know that I hate seeing people on stage singing. (But I'll still give the musical a chance.)
Well, that's a little different. Because it would be a completely different story if the musical was a sequel to Evil Dead, and Sam Raimi said, "There, that's the true continuation from Army of Darkness. That's what you guys get. And it's done with singing."
Yeah, then there would probably be something to complain about.
The musical is like I said, a different interpretation of the same story.

Chase Me To The End
And while although you wouldn't think to compare the musical to RE4's atrocity, the fact of the matter is other people do love RE4.

But again, there's different ways of looking at it.
Like, if you said RE4 was a better horror game than the classics.
Or if you said that Leon was cooler in RE4 than in RE2. Or whatever.

So like I said, I'm not disputing the fact that yes, Bruce Campbell is the true Ash. And yes, the original Evil Dead is a horror movie at its core, and has a completely different atmosphere than the musical. Obviously.

But it's almost like... If you had said, "I'm a huge fan of Action Shooters. So I enjoyed playing RE4 better than the other ones." Yeah, that's totally justified, I'm speaking to a completely different type of gamer, then. And as much as I love the horror genre, I do like musicals in general (Except Rent and crap like that), so to me, it really doesn't get much more awesome than Evil Dead The Musical.

Chase Me To The End
But, I know this doesn't apply to you anymore, because I am now aware you're not as crazy hardcore as an Evil Dead fan as I am.
Well, then you know how I feel when I talk about RE. So I expect to have your back next time someone pulls the, "It's just a game" card on me.

Chase Me To The End
Also, I also got heated because I thought your were more aware of the first Evil Dead's status.

While although it's true, Evil Dead isn't quite known for The Evil Dead rather than it's sequels, it's still a great film widely hailed in the horror community (It is indeed on a pedastal). And as much of Sam Raimi's creativity and genius is in it as it is in the sequels, and not subtelty either.

I found it to be the scariest horror movie I watched as kid, which it is why it left such an impact on me. Because, to be quite honest, nothing scares me much in movies anymore, cept the BOO moments Thee Stranger talks about in films (And the anxiety I get from anticipating them). But that's not true horror. True horror is getting the living hell scared INTO you. And that's what Evil Dead did just for me as a kid.

Maybe the reason you don't love it as much as I do is because you didn't see it 'til much later in your life. Shame.
It is a shame. But Evil Dead never reached Russia. And even in North America, I have never-ever seen Evil Dead 1 or 2 playing on TV. So I really couldn't even watch them until I went out of my way to go and get the DVDs.

I just saw Evil Dead The Musical advertisements, and I said, "Well, let's see... It's got zombies, it's got Ash with his classic Chainsaw, (I have seen parts of Army of Darkness before that) and it's a musical. Sounds like an all winning combination to me." I went to see it, loved the hell out of it, and decided to explore further into the franchise. And I don't regret it.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:53 am

Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End

You hate RE4.

I hate musicals.

Yes, that's true... But I still disagree... About the fact that liking the musical more than the movies is MORE le gasp than liking RE4 better than the classics. Let alone IN-FI-NI-TY times more.

Chase Me To The End
Well, that's a little different. Because it would be a completely different story if the musical was a sequel to Evil Dead, and Sam Raimi said, "There, that's the true continuation from Army of Darkness. That's what you guys get. And it's done with singing."
Yeah, then there would probably be something to complain about.
The musical is like I said, a different interpretation of the same story.

Chase Me To The End

But again, there's different ways of looking at it.
Like, if you said RE4 was a better horror game than the classics.
Or if you said that Leon was cooler in RE4 than in RE2. Or whatever.

So like I said, I'm not disputing the fact that yes, Bruce Campbell is the true Ash. And yes, the original Evil Dead is a horror movie at its core, and has a completely different atmosphere than the musical. Obviously.

But it's almost like... If you had said, "I'm a huge fan of Action Shooters. So I enjoyed playing RE4 better than the other ones." Yeah, that's totally justified, I'm speaking to a completely different type of gamer, then. And as much as I love the horror genre, I do like musicals in general (Except Rent and crap like that), so to me, it really doesn't get much more awesome than Evil Dead The Musical.

Chase Me To The End
Well, then you know how I feel when I talk about RE. So I expect to have your back next time someone pulls the, "It's just a game" card on me.

Chase Me To The End

It is a shame. But Evil Dead never reached Russia. And even in North America, I have never-ever seen Evil Dead 1 or 2 playing on TV. So I really couldn't even watch them until I went out of my way to go and get the DVDs.

I just saw Evil Dead The Musical advertisements, and I said, "Well, let's see... It's got zombies, it's got Ash with his classic Chainsaw, (I have seen parts of Army of Darkness before that) and it's a musical. Sounds like an all winning combination to me." I went to see it, loved the hell out of it, and decided to explore further into the franchise. And I don't regret it.

1. Well, we can agree to disagree. But I do agree when saying IN-FIN-ITY was too much. That was just my fanboyism speaking.

2. True, but it still applies that you don't necessarily need to watch or play something to know that you won't like it or not.

3. There are different ways to look at it, but that's the way I tend to look at it. I usally think the way I look at it is the most logical. Maybe not.

Well, it's obvious I am a different type of gamer, because I do love to play RE4 because it is a fun action shooter.

But that's the thing. I don't think that point totally stood out to you for the fact that you totally despise RE4.

But you can say the same for my unreasoing via my hatred of musicals too, I guess.

4. Resident Evil is just a game. Evil Dead is God's gift to man. Hahaha, jk. I understand.

King of Paradise

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:23 pm

Woo, how 'bout them Dodgers?

Took it to the debate forum: Link

Though I don't think I'll have much to say, even if you follow-up, Bio. Think I've spoken my piece on the subject and proven my point. No point arguing about it further, really.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Thee Stranger

Though I don't think I'll have much to say, even if you follow-up, Bio. Think I've spoken my piece on the subject and proven my point. No point arguing about it further, really.

Them Dodgers? You mean Duck Dodger's family? Didn't know he had a family. Than again, I don't very much keep up with Duck Dodgers...Or baseball...

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:45 pm

Chase Me To The End
2. True, but it still applies that you don't necessarily need to watch or play something to know that you won't like it or not.
Well yeah, not necessarily. But still, there are hundreds of different ways of looking at it. I mean, that's like saying, "I hate Silent Hill games, so I'm not gonna like Shattered Memories," but the fact is, Silent Hill Shattered Memories IS very different from all Silent Hill games. So it's like that... And frankly, out of all the musicals I've ever seen, Evil Dead is definitely unlike any of them. I mean, it's the only musical I've ever seen or heard of that splatters the audience with fake blood. That's the kind of thing I'd more expect our of a Heavy Metal concert.

Chase Me To The End
Well, it's obvious I am a different type of gamer, because I do love to play RE4 because it is a fun action shooter.
So, are you saying you're the type of gamer that can ignore the bastardization of the storyline just for fun gameplay? Cause yeah, then we've got a huge difference there. See, the thing is, to me, video games are about immersing oneself into an artificial universe. And if I completely hate the artificial universe, it's hard to do. Hell, impossible to do.

Chase Me To The End
But that's the thing. I don't think that point totally stood out to you for the fact that you totally despise RE4.
Wait, rephrase that? I'm not sure what you mean.

Chase Me To The End
4. Resident Evil is just a game. Evil Dead is God's gift to man. Hahaha, jk. I understand.
I remember the good ol' days, when I used to say the same thing about Resident Evil franchise. Well, not anymore.

Thee Stranger

RUR

RUR is gonna be my new saying. It's like HUA, only it stands for "Read Understood Replied"
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
Well yeah, not necessarily. But still, there are hundreds of different ways of looking at it. I mean, that's like saying, "I hate Silent Hill games, so I'm not gonna like Shattered Memories," but the fact is, Silent Hill Shattered Memories IS very different from all Silent Hill games. So it's like that... And frankly, out of all the musicals I've ever seen, Evil Dead is definitely unlike any of them. I mean, it's the only musical I've ever seen or heard of that splatters the audience with fake blood. That's the kind of thing I'd more expect our of a Heavy Metal concert.

Chase Me To The End
So, are you saying you're the type of gamer that can ignore the bastardization of the storyline just for fun gameplay? Cause yeah, then we've got a huge difference there. See, the thing is, to me, video games are about immersing oneself into an artificial universe. And if I completely hate the artificial universe, it's hard to do. Hell, impossible to do.

Chase Me To The End
Wait, rephrase that? I'm not sure what you mean.

Chase Me To The End
I remember the good ol' days, when I used to say the same thing about Resident Evil franchise. Well, not anymore.

Thee Stranger

RUR

RUR is gonna be my new saying. It's like HUA, only it stands for "Read Understood Replied"

1. I dunno, seems like Silent Hill Shattered Memories is still Silent Hill to me.

2. I don't need to be immersed in a game's universe to enjoy the game itself. I thought that was obvious with my description of Streets of Rage and The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction on my top 20 list. I don't care if it's Axel or the Hulk, I just love to beat up 16-bit punks and destroy cities. Of course, there are games that I do need to be immersed in to enjoy them, but not the ones where I just play them to f*** around, like RE4.

3. I just meant that I don't think you ever looked at me loving RE4 to be less le gasp then you preferring the ED musicals over the movie because you couldn't ignore the bastardization aspect of it, in which I totally did, only focusing on the fact that I loved to play it and not indulge in it's plot. But I guess that's how it is when it's your least favorite game.

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:15 pm

Chase Me To The End
1. I dunno, seems like Silent Hill Shattered Memories is still Silent Hill to me.
Trust me, it's not. How many Silent Hill games have you played though? I mean, clearly a musical is still a musical. It still has actors on stage, and they still sing.
So yeah, it's like that. It's like, if you play RE2 and RE4 and that's it, you might say, "It's still RE, there's guns, monsters, labs," whatever. So yeah, it depends on how you define it. If you play every single Silent Hill game in order of release, and THEN play Shattered Memories, it'll be a very, very different experience, trust me. So it's like that, because you HAVE seen more than just one musical in your life, right?

Chase Me To The End

2. I don't need to be immersed in a game's universe to enjoy the game itself. I thought that was obvious with my description of Streets of Rage and The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction on my top 20 list. I don't care if it's Axel or the Hulk, I just love to beat up 16-bit punks and destroy cities. Of course, there are games that I do need to be immersed in to enjoy them, but not the ones where I just play them to f*** around, like RE4.

Yeah, but I mean... Imagine if you change the avatars. Imagine playing Streets of Rage, only you're playing as... Let's say an avatar of a character you don't like... I dunno, I wanna say Barney the Dinosaur, but maybe you like Barney, so I dunno if that's a good analogy for you. And you're beating up other characters that don't fit into a beat-em-up at all. And the music is really annoying, and the backgrounds are all flowers and happiness and stuff... And it's neither here nor there, all there is are gameplay mechanics... Would you still enjoy it?

Chase Me To The End
3. I just meant that I don't think you ever looked at me loving RE4 to be less le gasp then you preferring the ED musicals over the movie because you couldn't ignore the bastardization aspect of it, in which I totally did, only focusing on the fact that I loved to play it and not indulge in it's plot. But I guess that's how it is when it's your least favorite game.
It's how it is when half the reason I bothered buying the game in the first place was the storyline. Only to find out it was THAT.
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 769 770 771 772 773 774 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games