Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 771 772 773 774 775 776 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:18 pm
Hi peoples. So finalyl I get a homework assignment I like. The teacher wants us to do a report on the evolution, or the changing of a subject we choose. I ahve to use the Chapter's Chinese words in the report. So I'm going to talk aobut Resident Evil.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:20 pm
Chase Me To The End
1. For me, it doesn't play better. Just differently. And that's all that matters when it comes to me wanting to continue playing RE4. Cause you're right. If I considered Uncharted to play better than RE4, then I would toss RE4 out the window. Seriously. I could see myself doing that.
Meh. The good thing about uncharted is that the shooting mechanics were good enough to be better than RE4, but were different enough to not remind me of RE4 in the first place.
And frankly, those parts in that Nazi base, the tunnels... They were more scary than anything in RE4.

Chase Me To The End

2. Ok, I won't let you catch me.
By which I mean, don't be doin that. I mean, you say you play RE4 because you already bought it and you own it... And if you lost it... To spend more money on it again... You could easily spend that money on a different game of the same nature... It's money wasted anyway, right?

Chase Me To The End

4. I thought I already told you (A while ago, though).

When it comes to RE games other then 4, I DO like to immerse myself in them.

And because I do, I have certain tastes in settings. And sadly, I did not appeciate REmake's mansion setting. Sorry, that's just a personal thing. I desire my zombie outbreak games to take place in a city, which is why I prefer 2 and 3.
Yeah, but in terms of sheer atmosphere, photorealism, and just... I mean... You might like a city setting for zombies... But you're an Evil Dead fan, and REmake had a cabin in the woods. >_> That's something.

Chase Me To The End

5. Streets of Rage has a great OST as well. And I do enjoy listening to it when playing the game. But I wouldn't even playing the game if it weren't for the game's very unique and fun mechanics. And it's because of those mechanics that I even want to play the game in the first place.

All I'm saying is that for a game like SoR, the mechanics and how fun it is to play them is really, truly all that matters for me to want to play it.
So what if you suddenly discovered a game with gameplay that was basically the same thing, but slightly better? Would you just toss Streets of Rage out the window?

Chase Me To The End
6. OH DUDE! I forgot about Tetris! That so needs to be in my top 20...Maybe I will make a top 25 afterall.
You know, I forgot about Tetris myself... Man, we made Russia cry... I might have to revise...

Alkaizer87
Hi peoples. So finalyl I get a homework assignment I like. The teacher wants us to do a report on the evolution, or the changing of a subject we choose. I ahve to use the Chapter's Chinese words in the report. So I'm going to talk aobut Resident Evil.
You mean how it went from being a great horror franchise to being a cheap action shooter?  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:40 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
1. For me, it doesn't play better. Just differently. And that's all that matters when it comes to me wanting to continue playing RE4. Cause you're right. If I considered Uncharted to play better than RE4, then I would toss RE4 out the window. Seriously. I could see myself doing that.
Meh. The good thing about uncharted is that the shooting mechanics were good enough to be better than RE4, but were different enough to not remind me of RE4 in the first place.
And frankly, those parts in that Nazi base, the tunnels... They were more scary than anything in RE4.

Chase Me To The End

2. Ok, I won't let you catch me.
By which I mean, don't be doin that. I mean, you say you play RE4 because you already bought it and you own it... And if you lost it... To spend more money on it again... You could easily spend that money on a different game of the same nature... It's money wasted anyway, right?

Chase Me To The End

4. I thought I already told you (A while ago, though).

When it comes to RE games other then 4, I DO like to immerse myself in them.

And because I do, I have certain tastes in settings. And sadly, I did not appeciate REmake's mansion setting. Sorry, that's just a personal thing. I desire my zombie outbreak games to take place in a city, which is why I prefer 2 and 3.
Yeah, but in terms of sheer atmosphere, photorealism, and just... I mean... You might like a city setting for zombies... But you're an Evil Dead fan, and REmake had a cabin in the woods. >_> That's something.

Chase Me To The End

5. Streets of Rage has a great OST as well. And I do enjoy listening to it when playing the game. But I wouldn't even playing the game if it weren't for the game's very unique and fun mechanics. And it's because of those mechanics that I even want to play the game in the first place.

All I'm saying is that for a game like SoR, the mechanics and how fun it is to play them is really, truly all that matters for me to want to play it.
So what if you suddenly discovered a game with gameplay that was basically the same thing, but slightly better? Would you just toss Streets of Rage out the window?

Chase Me To The End
6. OH DUDE! I forgot about Tetris! That so needs to be in my top 20...Maybe I will make a top 25 afterall.
You know, I forgot about Tetris myself... Man, we made Russia cry... I might have to revise...

Alkaizer87
You mean how it went from being a great horror franchise to being a cheap action shooter?

1. That's something I loved about Uncharted. The hugely unexpected random change of pace with the ultra scary U-boat section.

2. You do have a point, but than again, RE4 would be the only safe bet, seeing as how I haven't played any of the new third person shooters out...Other than Uncharted, of course.

3. That's nothing lol.

4. I can't toss it out the window. It's stored on my Wii. I have it for the Virtual Console.

But anyways, you can say that is what Streets of Rage 2 is. But not really. Reason:

I honestly don't think I'll ever find a game as closely resembling Streets of Rage to ever have to concern myself with that matter.

But, for the sake of your amusement, if I ever did find a game like that, no, I wouldn't. Streets of Rage has been a part of my life for so long for me to do that.

But in the case of RE4, in which I've only had it for four years, like I said, I could see myself doing that.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:52 pm
Chase Me To The End
1. That's something I loved about Uncharted. The hugely unexpected random change of pace with the ultra scary U-boat section.
You know that's probably the one aspect that was missing from Uncharted 2. I mean, there were some changes of pace like that... But none of it was cooler than an abandoned military base from the 1940s. Those are some of the coolest settings in games. And see? There it is again... Setting setting setting. Setting is very important to me when it comes to games.

Chase Me To The End

2. You do have a point, but than again, RE4 would be the only safe bet, seeing as how I haven't played any of the new third person shooters out...Other than Uncharted, of course.
Okay, here's a question... If you only play RE4 for the gameplay, and nothing else at all, as you claim... Do you skip the cinematics when you play it?

Chase Me To The End
3. That's nothing lol.
See? THAT'S Le Gasphemy!

Chase Me To The End
4. I can't toss it out the window. It's stored on my Wii. I have it for the Virtual Console.

But anyways, you can say that is what Streets of Rage 2 is. But not really. Reason:

I honestly don't think I'll ever find a game as closely resembling Streets of Rage to ever have to concern myself with that matter.

But, for the sake of your amusement, if I ever did find a game like that, no, I wouldn't. Streets of Rage has been a part of my life for so long for me to do that.
Exactly! So it's obviously not JUST about the gameplay mechanics with Streets of Rage. Heck, if you loved it for as long as you say you did, you probably didn't even know the term "Gameplay Mechanics" when you first played it. It was just a really cool game where you beat up street thugs, right? Because you wanted to beat up street thugs.
I mean, okay... And if you say, "Yes," then I'm sincerely worried about you... What if you had a game that had the same mechanics as Streets of Rage, but you played as a Barbie doll and all the enemies were black Barbie dolls? lol Would you still play it?  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:03 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
You know that's probably the one aspect that was missing from Uncharted 2. I mean, there were some changes of pace like that... But none of it was cooler than an abandoned military base from the 1940s. Those are some of the coolest settings in games. And see? There it is again... Setting setting setting. Setting is very important to me when it comes to games.

Chase Me To The End

Okay, here's a question... If you only play RE4 for the gameplay, and nothing else at all, as you claim... Do you skip the cinematics when you play it?

Chase Me To The End
3. That's nothing lol.
See? THAT'S Le Gasphemy!

Chase Me To The End

Exactly! So it's obviously not JUST about the gameplay mechanics with Streets of Rage. Heck, if you loved it for as long as you say you did, you probably didn't even know the term "Gameplay Mechanics" when you first played it. It was just a really cool game where you beat up street thugs, right? Because you wanted to beat up street thugs.
I mean, okay... And if you say, "Yes," then I'm sincerely worried about you... What if you had a game that had the same mechanics as Streets of Rage, but you played as a Barbie doll and all the enemies were black Barbie dolls? lol Would you still play it?

1. For me too, except for three games.

2. Yes I do. I've seen 'em enough to know what happens in 'em.

3. If it were the exact cabin in the woods as in The Evil Dead, then it would be le gasphemous!

4. Oh, of course as a kid I appreciated it for every aspect, but nowadays, I play it just for the mechanics.

See, just because I said I couldn't throw it out because it's been with me too long doesn't mean I'm nostalgic for it. How could you be nostalgic for something that's never been missed, seeing as how I still constantly play it to this day.

Just the fact that I've been able to appreciate a game this long makes it deservable to stay with me.

Hey, that's no fair. Barbies are uncool. But if were something else as weird but not as lame, sure.

But I could understand your point. Had it been not been the fact that I loved it for every aspect as a kid, I probably wouldn't be playing it today.

But I still do, and as an adult, I realize that I play it now for only certain aspects.

EDIT: At one point in my life, immersion did matter for Streets of Rage. But not anymore.

That's all I can really say on the matter. I don't know what else to add.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:16 pm
Chase Me To The End
Still... It's just hard to believe that RE4 of all things would be one of them.

Chase Me To The End
Once is more than enough, am I right? Well, at least there's that....

Chase Me To The End

3. If it were the exact cabin in the woods as in The Evil Dead, then it would be le gasphemous!
Well, they can't just rip it off... But I honestly think that it is an homage to Evil Dead... It might not be, but I believe it to be so. So you can disagree if you want, but until Mikami says otherwise, I'm convinced that it is.

Chase Me To The End
4. Oh, of course as a kid I appreciated it for every aspect, but nowadays, I play it just for the mechanics.
But still, there's plenty of better looking, faster, more intense beat em ups that have been released since then. Obviously there's some nostalgia factor, right?

Chase Me To The End
See, just because I said I couldn't throw it out because it's been with me too long doesn't mean I'm nostalgic for it. How could you be nostalgic for something that's never been missed, seeing as how I still constantly play it to this day.
Well, we obviously have a different idea of what Nostalgia is then too. See, to me, a part of the nostalgia factor isn't the game itself, it's playing the game and remembering all the good things that were happening in my life at the time. Like, when I play FF8, the music and all that brings back the memories of a happy, carefree life, going to the 8th grade, good friends, good times... That's ultimately what nostalgia is to me. Like, I only played Persona 3 for the first time just over a year ago, and I played it regularly since, but even playing it now makes me nostalgic for last January when I had a job selling games, my MacBook was still working, etc. etc.
That's what it's ultimately about. Same with Double Dragon 2, same with... Heck, same with Ocarina of Time.

Chase Me To The End
Just the fact that I've been able to appreciate a game this long makes it deservable to stay with me.
But I don't see why

Chase Me To The End

Hey, that's no fair. Barbies are uncool. But if were something else as weird but not as lame, sure.
You know what else is uncool? The antagonists in RE4. Ganados are uncool. Leon's backflips are uncool, the merchant is uncool... So there, I just proved my point of why RE4 isn't worth playing. I mean, if you disagree that's one thing. But the point is, uncool things CAN affect your opinion, despite the gameplay mechanics.

Chase Me To The End

But I could understand your point. Had it been not been the fact that I loved it for every aspect as a kid, I probably wouldn't be playing it today.
Like I said, I wasn't knocking on Streets of Rage... But even when I play streets of Rage today, I still have little backstory going in my head as I progress through the game. And it's the same with every game, old and new. It's like... I try to think as the character would, and have some internal dialogue going... For every game that I play.

Chase Me To The End

But I still do, and as an adult, I realize that I play it now for only certain aspects.

Barbies!  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:37 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
Still... It's just hard to believe that RE4 of all things would be one of them.

Chase Me To The End
Once is more than enough, am I right? Well, at least there's that....

Chase Me To The End

Well, they can't just rip it off... But I honestly think that it is an homage to Evil Dead... It might not be, but I believe it to be so. So you can disagree if you want, but until Mikami says otherwise, I'm convinced that it is.

Chase Me To The End
But still, there's plenty of better looking, faster, more intense beat em ups that have been released since then. Obviously there's some nostalgia factor, right?

Chase Me To The End
Well, we obviously have a different idea of what Nostalgia is then too. See, to me, a part of the nostalgia factor isn't the game itself, it's playing the game and remembering all the good things that were happening in my life at the time. Like, when I play FF8, the music and all that brings back the memories of a happy, carefree life, going to the 8th grade, good friends, good times... That's ultimately what nostalgia is to me. Like, I only played Persona 3 for the first time just over a year ago, and I played it regularly since, but even playing it now makes me nostalgic for last January when I had a job selling games, my MacBook was still working, etc. etc.
That's what it's ultimately about. Same with Double Dragon 2, same with... Heck, same with Ocarina of Time.

Chase Me To The End
But I don't see why

Chase Me To The End

You know what else is uncool? The antagonists in RE4. Ganados are uncool. Leon's backflips are uncool, the merchant is uncool... So there, I just proved my point of why RE4 isn't worth playing. I mean, if you disagree that's one thing. But the point is, uncool things CAN affect your opinion, despite the gameplay mechanics.

Chase Me To The End

Like I said, I wasn't knocking on Streets of Rage... But even when I play streets of Rage today, I still have little backstory going in my head as I progress through the game. And it's the same with every game, old and new. It's like... I try to think as the character would, and have some internal dialogue going... For every game that I play.

Chase Me To The End

Barbies!

1. Believe it baby...Ignore the baby part.

2. Ah, nothing like fond memories of me sitting alone in my room playing Streets of Rage. Fond memories indeed.

3. Lmao. Playing a game makes you remember the time you were in when you first played it? That's trippy.

4. Like I said, we both have our seperate qualifications as to why we love a game and think it should in our top 25. Longevity is the one qualification I chose for Streets as Rage...Well, that and that it's just so damn fun to play.

Oh, and you seem to think that when it comes to brawlers, faster and more intense iterations should take the cake. Why? Can't I prefer chill brawlers?

5. Ganados are uncool, so it's more satisfactory to kill them? I don't care who does it, backflips, as long as succesfully performed, are always cool. The merchant is the shi*. He's the Monty Python aspect I can appreciate in RE4's cheesy humor, whenever I so choose to appreciate it. Maybe he's another "immersive" quality I like about the game?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:52 pm
Chase Me To The End
3. Lmao. Playing a game makes you remember the time you were in when you first played it? That's trippy.
Well, more than anything, the music does. I hear that music, and I'm there.

Chase Me To The End
4. Like I said, we both have our seperate qualifications as to why we love a game and think it should in our top 25. Longevity is the one qualification I chose for Streets as Rage...Well, that and that it's just so damn fun to play.
Well, obviously longevity. But clearly that doesn't mean, "How long it takes to beat the game," or "However long the servers are up," like all these shallow fruitcakes that call themselves gamers these days.

Chase Me To The End
Oh, and you seem to think that when it comes to brawlers, faster and more intense iterations should take the cake. Why? Can't I prefer chill brawlers?
Well, when it comes to action, I prefer fast paced and intense.
But what do you want me to say? "I'm sure that since Streets of Rage, there have been plenty of brawlers a lot more chill that came out?" lol Heck, Double Dragon 2 is chill... But when it comes to action... Well, there's a reason why I think Uncharted 2 has the best action in any game ever. It's the most fast paced high octane and intense I've ever played in my life. I mean, there might be some faster ones out there, but they're mostly fantasy action, like when you get to jump in the air and slice up your enemies like a madman. I'm talking about realistic shooters with chases, shoot outs, and explosions. The stuff that makes action movies go round.

Chase Me To The End
5. Ganados are uncool, so it's more satisfactory to kill them? I don't care who does it, backflips, as long as succesfully performed, are always cool. The merchant is the shi*. He's the Monty Python aspect I can appreciate in RE4's cheesy humor, whenever I so choose to appreciate it. Maybe he's another "immersive" quality I like about the game?
You'd think so, but I'd rather shoot at zombies. And zombies are awesome, I'm sure you'd agree.

Only where they belong. Backflips do not belong in Resident Evil. And frankly, backflips do not belong in any physically realistic shooter. (By physically, I mean one that has laws of physics and common sense applied to it.) Clearly, RE4 has no common sense.

The merchant... Again, he's just pointless. If he actually played a part in the storyline, maybe he'd be cooler in that, there would actually be a reason why he's there. I mean, you may just as well replace him with a wise cracking vending machine. Frankly, I think that would be more entertaining.

Speaking of Monty Python... While I haven't seen "The Quest for the Holy Grail: The Musical" I'm sure I'd enjoy it better than the movie... ... Don't hit me!  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:02 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
Well, more than anything, the music does. I hear that music, and I'm there.

Chase Me To The End
Well, obviously longevity. But clearly that doesn't mean, "How long it takes to beat the game," or "However long the servers are up," like all these shallow fruitcakes that call themselves gamers these days.

Chase Me To The End
Well, when it comes to action, I prefer fast paced and intense.
But what do you want me to say? "I'm sure that since Streets of Rage, there have been plenty of brawlers a lot more chill that came out?" lol Heck, Double Dragon 2 is chill... But when it comes to action... Well, there's a reason why I think Uncharted 2 has the best action in any game ever. It's the most fast paced high octane and intense I've ever played in my life. I mean, there might be some faster ones out there, but they're mostly fantasy action, like when you get to jump in the air and slice up your enemies like a madman. I'm talking about realistic shooters with chases, shoot outs, and explosions. The stuff that makes action movies go round.

Chase Me To The End
You'd think so, but I'd rather shoot at zombies. And zombies are awesome, I'm sure you'd agree.

Only where they belong. Backflips do not belong in Resident Evil. And frankly, backflips do not belong in any physically realistic shooter. (By physically, I mean one that has laws of physics and common sense applied to it.) Clearly, RE4 has no common sense.

The merchant... Again, he's just pointless. If he actually played a part in the storyline, maybe he'd be cooler in that, there would actually be a reason why he's there. I mean, you may just as well replace him with a wise cracking vending machine. Frankly, I think that would be more entertaining.

Speaking of Monty Python... While I haven't seen "The Quest for the Holy Grail: The Musical" I'm sure I'd enjoy it better than the movie... ... Don't hit me!

I didn't know if you knew this, but Monty Python and the Holy Grail is my favorite comedy of all time. Funniest shi* I have ever seen. I still laugh my a** off whenever I see it, even though I've seen it hundreds of times.

But that's because I love, love, looove absurdism comedy, and nobody has mastered absurdism comedy like Monty Python has.

South Park has come close, though.

Lessee, Team America: World Police is my second favorite comedy of all time, while SP: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut is my fourth.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:08 pm
Chase Me To The End
I didn't know if you knew this, but Monty Python and the Holy Grail is my favorite comedy of all time. Funniest shi* I have ever seen. I still laugh my a** off whenever I see it, even though I've seen it hundreds of times.

But that's because I love, love, looove absurdism comedy, and nobody has mastered absurdism comedy like Monty Python has.

Yeah, I love absurdism too... I don't even know why Holy Grail didn't make my list of top 100 movies... I did enjoy it thoroughly... Although to be completely honest with you, I was a bit disappointed by the ending... It might be absurdism, but I was still rooting for them! And then they get arrested by the police?? That was so anticlimactic. It was like, "Nooooo!!!!"

But yeah, there is a musical of it. I haven't seen it, but the guitarist from my band has, and he said it's hilarious.

Chase Me To The End

Lessee, Team America: World Police is my second favorite comedy of all time, while SP: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut is my fourth.
So what's third?  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:11 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End

Yeah, I love absurdism too... I don't even know why Holy Grail didn't make my list of top 100 movies... I did enjoy it thoroughly... Although to be completely honest with you, I was a bit disappointed by the ending... It might be absurdism, but I was still rooting for them! And then they get arrested by the police?? That was so anticlimactic. It was like, "Nooooo!!!!"

But yeah, there is a musical of it. I haven't seen it, but the guitarist from my band has, and he said it's hilarious.

Chase Me To The End

So what's third?

Best anticlimatic ending ever.

3rd = Kung Pow! Enter the Fist.

Shaun of the Dead is my fifth.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:28 pm
Hmm. That's a tough one...

I'll release my list of top 100 movies soon... Some of the ones in my top 10 list CAN be seen as comedies, but they're more like Sci-Fi films with large humor factors, so it's really a tough call.  

Biohazard EXTREME

The King of Misery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:40 pm
Why is it that REmake and Zero have way better qualities,yet 2 and 3 are among the most popular?Now someone here-don't remember who-said they like the City atmosphere better then the mansion basis.That's just ridiculous.With the city comes non-realistic events-disregaurding the fact I am speaking of a zombie outbreak.Why not just drive a car threw the whole damn thing.If there's a Police Station or a Gun/Pawn shop whenever you run low on ammo,why not a Gas Station.And the exploration;when a zombie outbreak occurs,all of the sudden streets,and allies and s**t just form a twisted path in a labyrinthine sort of way.It makes far more sense to have people seeking refuge in a large mansion that they ome across knowing that they probably won't survive yet deciding they have no other option,rather than runing throughout a whole city.Given the fact is doesn't make too much sense that the mansions are filled with traps/puzzles and creatures,but then again that's how the storyline works.

As for the topic of Re4,well it was a fun,exciting,action-ride with a semi-predictable ending.But when it is counted as a Resident Evil game...well...here are the numbers I have came up with:

10=Completely RE
7-9=RE w/its own texture
5-6=Faltering RE[[It's straying from the path.]]
4-0=Nearly Dead[[The only thing recognizible is the Title,everything else is so far from RE it's humorous to count it as a RE game/Very poorly done.]]

Characters:
Leon S. Kennedy-6
Ashly Graham-4
Luis Sera-7
Ada Wong-5
Salazar-7
Saddler-4
Chief Mendez-3.5
Krauser-5
Wesker-10
Mike-5
Hunnigan-4
Merchant-3

Enemies:
Villagers/Islanders/Zealots-5/4/3
Plagas-5
Dogs-7
Novistadors-7
El Gigante-4.5
Garradors-7
Regenerator/Iron maiden-10
Gattling-Gun Soldier-4
Dr.Salvador/Bella Sisters-5
Salazar-7.5
Chief Mendez-7
Saddler-8
Krauser-6.5
El Lago-6.5

Weapons:
Standard Handgun[[no upgrades]]-10
Reg. 12g Shotgun[[no upgrades]]-10
Rocket Launcher[[Non-infinite]]-10
TMP w/Stock[[no upgrades]]-9
Rifle Bolt Action[[no upgrades]]-9
Broken Butterfly[[no upgrades]]-9.9
Anything else besides those are waaaayyy to many weapons for an RE game.

Storyline-4
Scenarios-4.9
Bosses-7.9
Gameplay/Control Mechanics-8
Save data-4[[what happened to Ink Ribbons?]]
Ashly's annoying b***h level-100
Leon's hair-Gay

Last one's a joke,shut-up fangirls/boys.If I missed anything feel free to let me know.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:50 pm
The King of Misery
Why is it that REmake and Zero have way better qualities,yet 2 and 3 are among the most popular?

Well, the reason why I DON'T like 0 is primarily because of Marcus. I mean, you got your scale there... Marcus would be about a 1 on how "Resident Evil" that character is. And I'm talking about the Queen Marcus, the one dressed up like a white mage, singing opera on top of a hill. That was the biggest turn off for me, which puts RE0 pretty low on my scale. But still high enough that I bother playing it.
Remake, in my opinion is the best RE there is...

The King of Misery

Now someone here-don't remember who-said they like the City atmosphere better then the mansion basis.That's just ridiculous.With the city comes non-realistic events-disregaurding the fact I am speaking of a zombie outbreak.Why not just drive a car threw the whole damn thing.If there's a Police Station or a Gun/Pawn shop whenever you run low on ammo,why not a Gas Station. And the exploration;when a zombie outbreak occurs,all of the sudden streets,and allies and s**t just form a twisted path in a labyrinthine sort of way.It makes far more sense to have people seeking refuge in a large mansion that they ome across knowing that they probably won't survive yet deciding they have no other option,rather than runing throughout a whole city.Given the fact is doesn't make too much sense that the mansions are filled with traps/puzzles and creatures,but then again that's how the storyline works.
Well, you kind of answered your own question there. I mean, yes, at the beginning, people get into cars they drive off, they panic, they crash, you end up with streets that are completely blocked off by destroyed cars, which creates the tighter quarters, in addition to all the barricades that were put up when the city went into martial law. People raid gun stores, but can't shoot worth crap, so they waste a bunch of bullets trying to shoot the zombies... In the hearts, I'm guessing. They get eaten, more zombies.
Plus when people panic, they can act stupid. There'd be probably many cases of, "This is MY Shelter, not yours!" Shoots the guy, tosses the body away. The smell attracts zombies, etc. etc.
Plus a destroyed city with burning cars, broken windows, etc, is just plain cool. It's an awesome sight.

Oh, and Leon's hair isn't gay, it's bicurious.

EDIT: But honestly, the biggest reason for why RE2 and 3 are the most popular is probably the distribution. I mean, look, at first they're released on PlayStation, which already had a HUGE market. Then they port it to PC, DreamCast, and even the very same GameCube... There's just a lot more of a chance for people to play them, plus they've been out longer.  

Biohazard EXTREME

The King of Misery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:55 pm
Well opinions aside,it would appear you agree on my Re4 ratings.Lol.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 771 772 773 774 775 776 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games