Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 773 774 775 776 777 778 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mymiridon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:57 pm
@niph: you have no idea how jealous of you I am right now. You get to jet around Europe; sunbathing in Italy, hostels in France. I'm stuck in hicksville USA rotting away =3=. Well I guess with what's going on you do deserve a little of a vacation 3nodding , But I'm still jealous! stare  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:55 pm
mymiridon
@niph: you have no idea how jealous of you I am right now. You get to jet around Europe; sunbathing in Italy, hostels in France. I'm stuck in hicksville USA rotting away =3=. Well I guess with what's going on you do deserve a little of a vacation 3nodding , But I'm still jealous! stare

I'm a tad jealous too. Even though I have two weeks' off from uni I'm stuck at home and forced to do extra hours. Just travelling interstate is really hard. Niph's really lucky she can travel to so many European countries.  

Minielf

BlacksandBlues

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:08 am
@Niph: Okay. (: I shall not worry.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:04 am
ninja  

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:31 pm
-_-' I was just never into all that romance stuff. If I ever have children, I don't want their parents to be always at each others' necks. I've seen too much of that...

@ B&B: Eh?! How much walking do you have to do? Our kit list fills like two A4 sides, and I don't know how I'm going to carry all of that, because I am really not very strong. Maybe I will dump the tent on someone else in my group, because we have to share a tent in threes ninja

@ Niphy: You're in Italy?! Oh yay, I'm still stuck in rainy Bristol with tonnes of art coursework even though I've only had 3 art lessons... Art is fun, but it just takes up so much time! At least my time management skills are getting better... kind of.

@ Elfy: But flying around Europe is really easy... If you have a European passport. You can just book a flight for only £10 on the internet and just turn up and check in.

@ Yalie: Seriously?! I think of romantic men as more... perverted, to be honest xD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:09 pm

o Ao
        £10 flights.
        whyaretheysocheap.

a vacation does sound nice.
        - w-
        /too busy studying for exams to be able to enjoy anything otz.

Princess Rhode
Crew

Minielf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:41 pm
@Liani: I wish flights here in Australia were that cheap. Even though the six states and two territories here a unified in language, customs and governments, to travel to all of them in succession would cost at least $1000 in flight costs alone.

My dad is going on vacation for three weeks, so during that time I have to do his work. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:38 pm
@luv: well it was just one article from my msn window XD. But I think that though guys think plenty about sex, women think about it just as much. I think the article said that men are more likely to get married for love while women are more likely to get married for financial security. anyway, it's not like it matters whether you're romantic or not. If you find someone then you find someone, if not, then you got plenty of other things to do. It's rather pointless to think too much of it now. xD I think you're quite the romantic yourself though xp

@niph: I suddenly want to tell you, forget the fish in the sea and just buy the frozen at the supermarket. XD

@mini: srsly? if I could travel the U.S. for just a $1000 it would be a miracle. even in just flight cost! oh but are we talking about usd or aussie dollars? or are they the same? never really bothered with exchange rates xd  

mymiridon

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:23 am
ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:06 am
@Lini: Can't remember how long it was, but it's over a course of two days, lasting from approximately 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., depending on your walking speed and terrain. This is Bronze D of E; Silver lasts three days' walking, Gold four. And yes, you carry a truckload of s**t: tent(s), tranger(s) (that's the pot you cook with, if you don't know), food and water, sleeping bag (and mat, you'll need it if you don't want to be cold when sleeping), too many clothes, etc., etc., etc.!  

Chibito7

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:35 pm
Plane tickets for those really rubbish airlines like easyJet are really cheap, because there's no point flying on 1st class if it's only going to last about 3 or 4 hours anyway. But it is seriously rubbish. If you're sitting above where the wheels are, there's this huge cranking sound and the floor bends O.O

@ B&B: Our organiser showed us all that stuff... Except his rucksack was about 3 times the size of a normal one, because he carries at least 2 of everything -_-' Paranoid.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:47 pm
Liani Vine
Plane tickets for those really rubbish airlines like easyJet are really cheap, because there's no point flying on 1st class if it's only going to last about 3 or 4 hours anyway. But it is seriously rubbish. If you're sitting above where the wheels are, there's this huge cranking sound and the floor bends O.O

@ B&B: Our organiser showed us all that stuff... Except his rucksack was about 3 times the size of a normal one, because he carries at least 2 of everything -_-' Paranoid.

It's easy to fly on cheap airlines over Europe since most of the journeys are so short. Flights from Melbourne to Sydney are pretty much the same-Jetstar and Virgin Blue charge less than $100 for a lot of domestic flights now. However flying from Melbourne to Perth or Darwin is another story. Those flights take more than 6 hours in some cases, so anything less than a decent economy class flight on Qantas is going to result in an almost unbearable experience.  

Minielf

mymiridon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:36 am
you guys are lucky to fly cheap. I'm out at least 200$ everytime I fly. just for tickets!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:19 am

i hate qantas.
        o;

every time we fly with qantas,
        the plane is delayed by at least two hours.
        =A=

once we'd already boarded and we still had to sit there for two hours.
        just in the plane.
        doing nothing.

Princess Rhode
Crew

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:51 am
Hey guys. Back in the UK now. We flew easyJet, it was mostly fine. At least it's better than ryanair P; tip for travelling in Europe: never change flights in a french airport. (:  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 773 774 775 776 777 778 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games