Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 774 775 776 777 778 779 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:47 pm

Stay back!*smacks zombie in the face.* don't cry! you asked for it. Now get back!*Takes out out a shotgun. The zombies back off*
anyways...yeah the zombies haven't had noob meat in a long time...I've been forced to put down a few that tried to start an upraising. Oh and hi Notte.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:33 pm

At the moment, life is great.

Just got a check from the guvmint for 15 hundred dollars. Being poor has never felt so desireable.

I just sold off half of my game collection, which I hope helps me on my path of quitting gaming as a heavy hobby, hoping to take it down to more casual levels.

That being said, I did just pick up Fragile Dreams, FFXIII, and Uncharted 2 haha.

Well, buying 3 doesn't compare to selling 20, so it's a start.

Oh, and I got my camera fixed. So onward with Clash of the Monthly Afflictions!

Oh, and I'll comment on your top 50 characters list tomorrow for sure, Bio. I already did take a peak at it.

@Xenomina: Oh, ok. But what did I say about Leon's hair that you want to sigquote? (Do it)

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:47 pm

Well, ain't we all lucky?

Next monday I'm starting my permanent job as Art teacher for little kids. The hours are crap, for now, but the pay is awesome. So I'll at least be getting $95 per week for less than 5 hours of work.
I'll have to find a second job, to start earning real money, but this is definitely a kick a** start. And plus, there might be opportunities for more classes in the future.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:27 pm

Remember the RE video I posted a little while ago? I found a few more!

(also the tune in that video was the Doremon theme not Azumanga Daioh like I stated before)

Not as good, but eh. smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuSbH1IFdHA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-umxM9NyyE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpwRIHO5pSw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EtfJdQ3Gfk (the scrolling text is people's comments - that's just how NND rolls)

MadamTarantula

o8Orobouros8o

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:47 am

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but FFXIII has disappointed me. Terribly so.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:24 am

xXDarling-ViolettaXx
I can't believe I'm about to say this, but FFXIII has disappointed me. Terribly so.

Terribly so how so why so what...so?

Before I start playing it, I've come to term with my gripes.

I don't care if the first half of the game is extremely linear, FFX has been extremely linear throughout.

And the characters of Vanille and Hope are something I can deal with, because there's always been bad characters in all the FF installments I played I had to deal with.

That being said, my expectations are still lowered, so I don't expect anything more than a somewhat satisfying experience, or maybe even an all around satisfying experience. But not a totally awesome one.

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:02 am

Well, FFXII looks like it's better than FFX, and definitely better than everything in between. Plus there's no horribly cheesy romance factor with the protagonist.

And hey, my friend told me about Shiva... Which is like, two summons which come together to form a humanoid motorcycle, and then lightning gets on it and rides it... Which looks fairly explicit. I can't wait to see this thing.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:52 pm

It's Snow, not Lightning. Each person (well so far, only a few for me) has their own Eidolon. Lightning's being Odin, who becomes a mechanical horse.

But yes, they basically frot each other to become a motorcycle. It's kind of awesome. xd

Also, Violetta... well, Chase just about said it all.

And Bio, wait, what? It looks better, sure, it came later on... but it isn't better. That's the problem. xd Whereas, yeah, no romance here yet. Lightning could possibly be one of my favorite FF protagonists, she's just such a b***h at times. You'll see what I mean... razz

I'm at the tail-end of chapter 10, right near where it's supposed to open up (in chapter 11). I must say, I'm so glad I bought this game. It's certainly a Final Fantasy game... And the story this time around is a lot more centered around the emotions of the characters and their relations together moreso than the "save the world!" aspect, which brings a level of personality in the characters not seen in the series for a long time (if ever).

And the voice acting is surprisingly really good. Also, I didn't realize this until I wiki'd it, but... to put it without spoilers, the woman who joins the fight early on is Mary Elizabeth McGlynn. biggrin I really don't mind Vanille and Hope, I like them a lot. Like I said, this could possibly be the first FF where I actually like all the characters.

The new battle system with the paradigms and such is extremely intuitive, and keeps the battle flowing while making it a lot more strategic.

And one of the things I was most surprised about was the music. Without Nobuo Uematsu at the reigns, I feared a mediocre-to-bad soundtrack. However, Masashi Hamauzu did an incredible job, mixing orchestrated masterpieces with his own electronically-made beats. One of the big tracks that stands out to me is Fighting Fate. And it fits where it's played perfectly (no, not the final battle razz ). The only problem is that it's too short. If anyone's good at extending tracks... Help a brother out? xd

But yeah, so far, there's no real reason to not call FFXIII a Final Fantasy game.

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:31 pm

Canas Renvall
It's Snow, not Lightning. Each person (well so far, only a few for me) has their own Eidolon. Lightning's being Odin, who becomes a mechanical horse.

But yes, they basically frot each other to become a motorcycle. It's kind of awesome. xd
Well, that's a little less exciting. But good for Snow.

Canas Renvall
And Bio, wait, what? It looks better, sure, it came later on... but it isn't better. That's the problem. xd Whereas, yeah, no romance here yet. Lightning could possibly be one of my favorite FF protagonists, she's just such a b***h at times. You'll see what I mean... razz
Well, I didn't mean graphically. I meant the battle system, for example, looks a hell of a lot better than in FF12. And yes, I know FF12's battle system is kinda like Parasite Eve, but in Parasite Eve, you didn't have to manage a whole party of characters.

And frankly, I'd rather deal with a bitchy badass, than with Tidus.

Canas Renvall
And one of the things I was most surprised about was the music. Without Nobuo Uematsu at the reigns, I feared a mediocre-to-bad soundtrack. However, Masashi Hamauzu did an incredible job, mixing orchestrated masterpieces with his own electronically-made beats. One of the big tracks that stands out to me is Fighting Fate. And it fits where it's played perfectly (no, not the final battle razz ). The only problem is that it's too short. If anyone's good at extending tracks... Help a brother out? xd
I listened to the entire soundtrack, and I was kinda disappointed. The main theme is good, and the more energetic battle music is pretty cool, but overall, it was pretty forgettable. And sometimes annoying. Overall, it's PASSABLE, but definitely not worth listening to on its own, aside from like, 5 - 10 tracks (out of 4 CDs, which is about 80 tracks that I listened to).
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:33 pm

Hey, Canas, can I get some pointers?

I'm stuck in FFX. gonk

That effing third form of Seymour is rapetastic.

I tried fighting him four times to no availe. That Total Annihilation attack of his is instant pwnage.

The only theory I've come up to beating him is casting reflect on Auron so that after (and if) he survives the attack, Flare doesn't do him in.

But, do you have a better one?

I prolly won't get to FFXIII 'til about a month or possibly and a half's time. I want to play through Fragile Dreams and Uncharted 2 first.

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:01 pm

Well, I'm still a long way from FFXIII. Even when I do start making money, I'm gonna have to contribute 15 - 20 weekly to rent a PA system, for our band, so that they could actually hear my vocals. Plus I gotta start saving up for acting class and for paying off my student loan which picks up again in May. Plus God of War 3 is higher on my priority list. And then through the summer I got other priorities, like Persona 3 for PSP, Alpha Protocol, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker of course...
So I suspect FFXIII....
Hell, you know what? At this rate, it might be worth for me to just wait until it's a greatest hit.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:04 pm

@ Chase, I just beat the crap out of him. Not very helpful but I do remember being po'd a lot and having to try like, 6 or 7 times. What battle party are you using?

Also, I liked my love story! Maybe it's cuz I'm a girl but his story is so depressing without any highlights.

The soundtrack reminds me of the Simpsons during the amusement park and XII and X during every other part.

My main problem is the fact that I beat it as quickly as i did. I didn't even beat X-2 that fast. And that game wasn't exactly primo. There were too many mini missions in 12 and not enough in 13.

o8Orobouros8o

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:13 pm

Well, how long did it take you?
Cause I'm replaying FF7 right now, reading all the dialogue, collecting all the items, and doing the side quests, including chocobo breeding, and after all that, I'm at the part right before they fight Crystal Weapon, and I'm at 38 hours. So I can probably finish the game by about 45 - 50 hours. So it's not all that long either.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:19 pm

I never pay attention to hours, mostly because I tend to leave my machines running for hours on end or get distracted by something shiney, lol! I guess I was just hoping that Squeenix would bring back some of the old formula.

o8Orobouros8o

6,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:23 pm

Well, then they should start with towns, inns, and a world map. And heck, maybe even random encounters.
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 774 775 776 777 778 779 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games