Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 774 775 776 777 778 779 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:51 am
OMG Ryanair is so bad! rofl They were offering a flight for only £2.50 or something O.O I mean, do they even want any money?

Tip for travelling in China: Never change flights in a Shanghai airport in summer O.O
I swear I was going to be frizzled to death. At least they had air conditioning, though some of it was broken ¬.¬

I seriously do not advise travelling on Economy class in long flights on China Eastern. The seats don't work ¬.¬ Though the dumplings are quite nice xD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:16 pm
Haha, agreed about Shanghai, although that was more 'cause I was caught in a hurricane there one summer... xD  

Niphz
Crew

Minielf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:30 pm
Liani Vine
OMG Ryanair is so bad! rofl They were offering a flight for only £2.50 or something O.O I mean, do they even want any money?

Tip for travelling in China: Never change flights in a Shanghai airport in summer O.O
I swear I was going to be frizzled to death. At least they had air conditioning, though some of it was broken ¬.¬

I seriously do not advise travelling on Economy class in long flights on China Eastern. The seats don't work ¬.¬ Though the dumplings are quite nice xD

I think the same things goes with travelling on economy class on China Southern. I had to endure a 12 hour flight from Melbourne to Guangzhou when I went back to China in 2007 and a similarly long trip to get back here. And believe me, both flights were absolute nightmares. The return flight was especially hideous.

@Sin: Maybe Qantas delays the flights in order to make sure the planes are 100% safe? xd After all, there's been stories of Qantas planes narrowly avoiding accidents lately.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:37 pm
I've only ever flown delta and continental. Delta was scary. The plane looked so rickety on the inside at least =.="  

mymiridon

[.Mihiko-chan.]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:05 pm
@Liani Vine ; that sucks D: !
i mean the a/c being broken & all..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:57 pm
American airlines though.. Pretty crap in general.. Nothing compared to the big European or middle eastern ones.. P;  

Niphz
Crew

Chibito7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:50 am
Cheap flights come with a price (excuse the pun): you may only pay a few quid for the plane ticket itself, but you need to pay like £40 for each luggage you take, food and drink costs a bomb, etc. -____-;; So basically, if you're not taking anything, it's totally worth it, but otherwise, totally not.

We used to fly Cathay Pacific... Then British Airways. I do not recommend Air France; total shite. Lufthansa's okay. Fin Air is pretty good. Singapore Airlines is absolutely amazing, but is extremely expensive. I thought I was in Business class when I was actually in Economy.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:37 pm
American Airlines is quite nice. The seats were really squishy even in economy class, and they have those mini-TV screens on the back of the seat, so you can watch whatever you like. And the air hostesses are so overly-friendly! When I got on, one of them pulled out a fold-up chair beside us and started chatting about when she went to Britain, because all Americans seem to be fascinated with this place. O.O

The only problem was there was an old man with a huge belly sitting in front of me, so he had to lean back in his seat for the whole flight to fit >.<

And they even got a birthday cake for someone who had a birthday the next day...

Air France is just totally random. I had a friend who flew Air France from India to Britain. They didn't even stop at a French airport on the way O.O

Speaking of food and drinks, our teacher told us a really hilarious story about when she was travelling in Economy class once. Because she was right next to the First class, she could hear the air hostesses serving drinks to the passengers. Anyway, they were asking "Excuse me, sir and madam, would you like a glass of -insert posh wine name here-, or perhaps a nice -insert posh wine name here- white wine?"
But when they passed through the curtain into the Economy class, the air hostess just said, "Do any of you want red or white wine?" xD

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:11 pm
I flew AA once years ago.. wasn't that fun P;

Air France is okay apart from when you have to change in France and then you get stuck there for a whole night when like there is 1cm of snow ):

KLM is pretty good. Amsterdam is a nice place to change, and they give you noodles and haagen-daaz ice cream on it (:

Didn't like Lufthansa at all D;

Singapore airlines was pretty good yeah. <3 Virgin is also very good. BA is pretty decent too.

The best ought to be like Emirates and like Qatar air. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:07 am
ninja  

Chibito7

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:23 am
Snow is okay when you have water-proof gloves cool

Otherwise, you just get frozen in the middle of those snowball fights gonk I put my hands on a snowman and they stuck there! ¬.¬

@ Niphy: O.O Noodles! heart heart heart heart heart
I am so flying via Amsterdam some day xD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:02 am
Snow is okay when you have skis, man. <3  

Niphz
Crew

Chibito7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:49 am
Places I'd love to visit:
- North America (NY, DC, LA, etc.)
- Moscow + St Petersburg, Russia
- Berlin, Germany
- Sydney, Australia
- Geneva, Sweden
- Amsterdam, Holland

And loads of other places. Without my parents. xD  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:52 am
Get on MSN. I can tell you're online.  

Niphz
Crew

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:26 am
ninja  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 774 775 776 777 778 779 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games