Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
~*~ ICU Chatterbox ~*~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 776 777 778 779 780 781 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mymiridon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:23 pm
Is reliving my child hood watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. You know I really thought high school would involve me running around graveyards slaying vampires when I was still a kid. rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:27 pm
Haha, I used to watch Buffy as well. I used to act out slaying vampires with my friends at school O.O
But then again, I also acted out the Powerpuff Girls, so... ¬.¬

I watched an episode of Bones yesterday. A man was murdered in the bath, and his body parts were all floating around in a huge pool of blood. There were also random bones, intestines, his brain (>.<), skin gonk , body fat and gooey orange stuff which was supposed to be plasma on the surface of the blood O.O
And then a team of people had to extract all the bones and organs xD It was quite funny actually, his skull looked like a coconut because his hair was still stuck to it. rofl

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:55 pm
ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:38 am
I watched Buffy on and off; don't know enough about it except for the fact that Buffy fought Evil, had many male admirers and had a best friend who became a lesbian!

I love bones! I love the Booth-Brennan chemistry, and the show is so good with its characters~ heart  

Chibito7

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:58 am
ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:01 am
You guys should watch Mad Men. It's AMAZING.  

Niphz
Crew

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:25 pm
Never heard of it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:53 am
UK TV programmes that I am slightly obsessed with: Doctor Who (David Tennant is a flipping god), Torchwood (talk about dark, and the slash was amazing until it became too dark... ¬¬) and Merlin (which, I swear, is homoerotic, even if the legends will lead them elsewhere *sigh*). There's also The IT Crowd, which is hilarious.

I love American sitcoms, I admit. My favourites are Bones, House... I used to love Heroes but I have no idea what's going on any more. Brothers and Sisters and Grey's Anatomy I was into for a while. I'm not a sci-fi fan, but Stargate SG-1 was, and still is, utterly brilliant.  

Chibito7

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:16 pm
House is American? My friend always talks about it, but I've never watched it myself. Is it good? From what I've heard, it sounds like a hospital you'd go to if you wanted to be mental...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:35 am
Have any of you heard of FlashForward? It's just premiered here in Australia. It's been hyped as the next Lost.  

Minielf

Chibito7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:16 am
@Lini: House is definitely worth watching; it's brilliant. It is American, but Hugh Laurie, who plays the main character, is British and oh-so amazing in his role as a grouchy, nasty, crippled doctor. xD

@Mini: Nope. What's it about? I never got into Lost; a bit too creepy... heh.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:56 am
House is alright, not watched too much of it..

Mad Men is literally amazing <3

And Gossip Girl ;D  

Niphz
Crew

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:13 am
scream gonk scream gonk OMYGODNO! Not Gossip Girl! Niphy, how could you?!

Clarification: Gossip girl in our year is a bit of a joke- in our first year, all the English people read was Gossip Girl, and they had to constantly order new ones. There was so much fuss over who had who's book and which book everyone was on that the English teachers banned it from us (not that I cared).
When the TV ones came out, all the old Gossip-Girl lovers pounced on the DVDs, and for the most part of year 9, all that was playing in the common room was Gossip Girl. stare

Needless to say our group of non-romantic Asians got really tired of it.

But this year we are having a craze on programmes such as CSI, Lost and Bones, which is quite good cool

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:48 am
Gossip Girl is good cause it has awesome pop culture references, and there are little subtleties. Plus it's mainly rich people having sex in awesome clothes. A show that combines high fashion, cocktail parties and bitching cannot go wrong. <3  

Niphz
Crew

Chibito7

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:34 am
I forgot NCIS. I love NCIS; great cast and characters.

I've watched Gossip Girl on and off. Always felt (no offence) sliiiightly shallow when I did, but enjoyed it anyway. I wouldn't class it above other programmes; perhaps because of my aversion to the bitchiness in it (lol), plus the fact that the guys are so het I can't slash them together.

Well. There is Nate / Dan... xD  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 776 777 778 779 780 781 ... 793 794 795 796 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games