Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 778 779 780 781 782 783 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:47 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, well, South Park is still essentially one of a kind. So it's not like there's a replacement waiting for it around the corner.
But still, Season 10 finale, Stanley's Cup was one of the worst South Park episodes I've seen... Especially for a season finale.

And speaking of disappointing endings... FF10's ending sucks, just a heads up. Actually, now that I think about it, another reason that FF8 is my favorite Final Fantasy is that it had a kick a** ending.

Stanley's Cup did suck, but the ending rocked.

The other team wins and celebrates like they were the underdogs in a hockey type movie such as Miracle, and a little kid dies of cancer...

If FFX has an ending I consider great, I won't play FFX-2.

If I think it has an ending that leaves something to be desired, then I'll play it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:29 pm
you guys have yall played ff13  

ryu96

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:31 pm
Chase Me To The End

The other team wins and celebrates like they were the underdogs in a hockey type movie such as Miracle, and a little kid dies of cancer...
Meh, I didn't like the ending. I dunno, I mean, I get what they were going for, but still.. Poor kid.

And speaking of kids. They're cool, but man, they're exhausting. I'm glad I'm not teaching full time.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:04 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End

Meh, I didn't like the ending. I dunno, I mean, I get what they were going for, but still.. Poor kid.

And speaking of kids. They're cool, but man, they're exhausting. I'm glad I'm not teaching full time.

Lil' bastar*s. Make sure they don't set you on fire, pee on your burning body, and then blame Trent Boyett for it all.

Oi, I'm gonna go ahead and restart my top favorite movies list now, makin' it a top 200 or 250 this time.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:34 pm
Naw, it's Art class. It's the scissors and sharp pencils that I have to worry about.

Restarting? Dude, wtf! You were like, almost done!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:44 am
I thought I told you already I was restarting.

Well, now that I'm (sadly) done with Fragile Dreams, time to finally see what Drake has been up to. I recently replayed the first game, and while with my first playthrough I mostly appreciated the graphics and the very natural interactions between the characters, the second run through I was able to appreciate the whole experience. I actually had more fun playing it the second time around. I also went nuts with the shotgun this time around too, which made it a lot more fun than just standing back and machine gunning it up.

Oh, and I removed Wind Waker from my top 20 so that I could make room for Fragile Dreams, which is nestled at the number 8 spot. I figured I already had enough Zelda games on the list.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:10 am
I know you said you were gonna make it a top 200 list, but I figured you were just gonna include the ones you already had. Not start getting your whole list together, all over again.

Oh, and hey, keep this in mind, in Uncharted 2, the unlockable stuff is actually purchased, so when you earn trophies, you're earning points. But also, if you have trophies from Uncharted 1, you can load those up and get extra points to buy stuff with in Uncharted 2. So I hope you've gotten plenty of that.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:16 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I know you said you were gonna make it a top 200 list, but I figured you were just gonna include the ones you already had. Not start getting your whole list together, all over again.

Oh, and hey, keep this in mind, in Uncharted 2, the unlockable stuff is actually purchased, so when you earn trophies, you're earning points. But also, if you have trophies from Uncharted 1, you can load those up and get extra points to buy stuff with in Uncharted 2. So I hope you've gotten plenty of that.

Oi, I got me lots of trophies from the first one, so that be good. Yaarg.

Thoughts on Uncharted 2 four chapters in...

The variations of locales makes me happy, but I think I still prefer the overall setting of the island in the first game.

The interactions between characters are far better, and more humanly believable. The wisecracks between Drake and associates has me constantly crackin' up.

Story isn't nearly as gripping me as it was in the first game by the beginning stages. I wouldn't doubt it gets much better later on though.

Um, there were some scenes where I thought Chloe sounded like a man, and it was putting me off of here for a while, but her voice slowly turned feminine to my hearing again lol. Hey, that's European and Asian chicks for ya.

Action is basically the same, albeit more refined (Regarding the shooting), but the fist fights have become a lot more fun. Oh, and finally some sections of stealthyness. Sure, there was the option of being stealthy in the first game, but I was never able to quite pull it off.

Game's beautiful, and all the extra details make it so much more vivid...Monkeys in trees, hooray!

Love all the intense situations, such as navigating up and through the train wreck, and the platforming is better and more fluid than Tomb Raider's.

That's all for now. Of course, all of you already knew the details I told you for a while now, but lemme share anyways ha ha.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:00 pm
Chase Me To The End
Um, there were some scenes where I thought Chloe sounded like a man, and it was putting me off of here for a while, but her voice slowly turned feminine to my hearing again lol. Hey, that's European and Asian chicks for ya.
If by that last statement you mean that you've been playing too much Final Fantasy, where the typical female character sounds like... Well, you know Rikku. Then yes.

Chase Me To The End
Action is basically the same, albeit more refined (Regarding the shooting), but the fist fights have become a lot more fun. Oh, and finally some sections of stealthyness. Sure, there was the option of being stealthy in the first game, but I was never able to quite pull it off.
Yeah, the stealth factor is so much better in Uncharted 2. There were quite a few bits where I got killed on purpose because I wanted to go through the whole area without being spotted. And I succeeded. It was fun.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:04 pm
Since I'm further on FF13, I'll throw out more s**t.

Graphics, still amazing.

Characters: Oh, character development that isn't forced. So far, all of the characters have developed. It's noticeable but it isn't forced. It feels natural. Every character has had a change. All of them are actually really great changes and believable changes.

Story: I don't know why, but I think this has to be one of the best FF stories since 8. I'm into the story so much, I'm disappointed when the cutscenes end.

Gameplay: Alright, there is more to it than just press this and then this and this. Though they did away with actual levels, you have different character abilities (3 out of a possible 6 for each character, they are automatically assigned, but I hear you get to choose from the 6 later), you gain a certain experience of sorts and then use it to level your character, increasing either strength, magic, hp or all three. Plus new abilities and techniques for the class you're upgrading.

Still, the soundtrack fits with the locales. So you know, I'm currently on chapter 8. About 14 hours into it. I'll update more as I get closer to beating it or when I do beat it.  

Elliot Salem

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:09 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
If by that last statement you mean that you've been playing too much Final Fantasy, where the typical female character sounds like... Well, you know Rikku. Then yes.

Chase Me To The End
Yeah, the stealth factor is so much better in Uncharted 2. There were quite a few bits where I got killed on purpose because I wanted to go through the whole area without being spotted. And I succeeded. It was fun.

It's just that in a couple of scenes Chloe's voice sounded too deep. I'm not against chicks with deep throats (heh heh), but not too deep.

@Elliot: How's the summoning working out? That's always one of my favorite aspects in an FF title.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:12 pm
Well, good to know the storyline and character development are good.

@Chase: Meh, I always thought she sounded smexy.

By the way, Chase, would it be cool if we put the song together after you make some footage? Maybe like, a teaser trailer or something, and then we could kinda see the vibe of your film and work off that?
You said it's gonna be a couple of months, right?  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:19 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, good to know the storyline and character development are good.

@Chase: Meh, I always thought she sounded smexy.

By the way, Chase, would it be cool if we put the song together after you make some footage? Maybe like, a teaser trailer or something, and then we could kinda see the vibe of your film and work off that?
You said it's gonna be a couple of months, right?

Certainly. I was thinking about making a teaser trailer for it. Yes, a couple of months. Btw, if I can get my film friend to make his editing friend to make his tech friend (Lol) create a DVD for it, I'll gladly send you a free copy, seeing as how I won't be putting it up on youtube or any other broadcasting sites.

Man, I was doing some major jamming to Dream Theater today. Train of Thought rules.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:22 pm
Alright, cool... But why can't you just take the movie and burn it onto a DVD yourself, once you're done?

And yes, yes it does rule. I have the instrumental demos for the whole album. It's awesome to sing to them.  

Biohazard EXTREME

The King of Misery

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:24 pm
I offically hate Thursday forever.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 778 779 780 781 782 783 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games