Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Naruto Ultimate Roleplaying
Chatroom (Chat thread do not move) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7828 7829 7830 7831 7832 7833 ... 9223 9224 9225 9226 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XxBlack_FlashxX

Shirtless Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:02 am

Sindenky
pfft, i would beat them up right back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsAZPiHt-Gw
Theres a big black spot, video editor was lazy as hell.

Dammit! I wish I had a gym like that near me! Trying practicing that one the streets burning_eyes
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:06 am

Sindenky
i want to drill this now, this looks fun and easy.
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV1rwq-7PZk&feature=related

If you've seen my videos you know I can't be bother with most "acrobatic" like moves, lol. Flips/Twist/Etc. are not so much my thing. Well they would be if I could practice them without fear of breaking my neck on the ground instead of a padded area >.>
But I'm more of a "technical" runner if that's what you want to call it. And if you want to say there's a difference between PK and FR then I'd be a traceur not a free-runner.

XxBlack_FlashxX

Shirtless Werewolf

Sindenky

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:09 am

yeah i know what you mean xD
you just gotta fine one, we drive a decent distance to this one, but its worth it every time.

you should also try going to one of the many jam sessions that happen all across America. I went to D.C. jam, and they just finished up San Fran jam, now NY jam's starting soon.

These events are amazing, the people of American Parkour(APK) are some great people who really want to help out and help get people to these things. A lot of times you can crash at local's houses or even in the gym if there is one.
They have cooks outs and the foods free, plus being with so many skilled athletes is so much fun. I got to meet people like Frosti from Tempest free running, the people who dominated Jump City Seattle.

These events are far more accessible than you would believe, it cost me only slightly over $100 to go to D.C. and all of the cost was travel. Th even itself is 100% free.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:11 am

XxBlack_FlashxX
Sindenky
i want to drill this now, this looks fun and easy.
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV1rwq-7PZk&feature=related

If you've seen my videos you know I can't be bother with most "acrobatic" like moves, lol. Flips/Twist/Etc. are not so much my thing. Well they would be if I could practice them without fear of breaking my neck on the ground instead of a padded area >.>
But I'm more of a "technical" runner if that's what you want to call it. And if you want to say there's a difference between PK and FR then I'd be a traceur not a free-runner.i was like that until i realized i cant train PK a much.

Seriously, once you have every vault down and good precision it just becomes "do it bigger" and i decided to add in tricks.

I love free running a lot more than PK, but PK started it all and i will always love it.

Sindenky

XxBlack_FlashxX

Shirtless Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:21 am

When you're fifteen and your mom literally hasn't been working in a year you sort of find yourself stuck at home, lol. Though I would love to go to one of them. They sound so fun. Frosti is amazing but at the same time I hate the acrobatic stuff. It's just too flashy for me. That's what most people like to see but what is truly going to help any? I mean, think chase wise, you're being chased or you're chasing someone. Most flips aren't going to help you at all. And then the ones high enough to get you over obstacles would take much more time than to just vault the damn thing, lol.

I hate when people swear there is a difference. Nowadays there is because everyone assumes there is. But the term Free-Run came from a movie based on Parkour. It's just another term for Parkour but (I must say this like this) stupid Americans, being the way we are, had to determine that Free-Running means something almost completely different than Parkour -.-

The ONLY reason I'd probably ever learn acrobatic tricks is so I can show off and allow my videos to gain more view, lmao. Besides that I'm sticking with PK because that "do it bigger" is what's going to save my life some day rather than a front-flip.

But I know exactly where you're coming from. "Free-running" is so much more exhilarating and exciting than Parkour but in the end, no matter what anyone things. It's all the same. Why/How? The entire concept behind the to is as basic as: How to move. Lol.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:47 am

FR and PK are different. They are built on the same principles, but lets look at thinks like moto-cross or skiing. They have a race aspect(PK) and they have a tricks aspect(FR). to say they are the same is 100% false, you need the terms to define what is truly what.

I moved to FR since i CAN do PK and it HAS saved my life. There are few obstetrical i can overcome, and i cant because i cant jump that high, or that far. So i need to build leg strength, why not build it doing a flip instead of drilling precisions all day?

And all you really need is your parents permission to go. That's really he only hing holding you back. In D.C. there were a ton of kids that were beginners, since i had burnt myself out the day before, i spent most of my time helping hem drill vaults, and giving them advice on progression.

Sindenky

XxBlack_FlashxX

Shirtless Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:09 am

Damn...well you've got a point. I should say: Same sport, different concept. Like the difference between Flag foot ball and tackle, lmao.

You've also got a point there too -.- Damn you, Sin! Lol.

Yeah...that will probably never happen. Not with my mother XD.

I wonder is Sindenky will ever get his memories back...Kamina will be screwed if he does. Kamina's a demon host...and Sindenky hates Jinchuuriki, lol.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:23 am

he will, its all part of his story.

Sindenky

FullbusterOrleans

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:58 am

Hey sin, you still got that smoke user from the Chuunin exam way back when?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:00 am

There is a HUGE difference between Parkour and Free-Running.
If it has flips and spins and twists and such it is not Parkour, at that point it is Free-Running.
Parkour is the navigation of obstacles in the most efficent way possible.

Irish-Sama

Sindenky

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:01 am

FullbusterOrleans

Sanin and 2nd in command of the Rain village.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:31 am

Sindenky
FullbusterOrleans

Sanin and 2nd in command of the Rain village.

Awesome xD

FullbusterOrleans

XxBlack_FlashxX

Shirtless Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:44 am

Irish-Sama
If it has flips and spins and twists and such it is not Parkour, at that point it is Free-Running.

*sigh* Once again... NOWadays there is a difference. The term free-run came from a damn movie. When that movie caught on the term got popular and out of nowhere is became a so-called "different sport" which irks the living hell out of me.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:46 pm

XxBlack_FlashxX
Irish-Sama

*sigh* Once again... NOWadays there is a difference. The term free-run came from a damn movie. When that movie caught on the term got popular and out of nowhere is became a so-called "different sport" which irks the living hell out of me.

You know what urks the hell out of me?
When people try saying Parkour and Free-running are the same.
Lets use some examples would you say Skiing and Snowboarding are the same thing? No.
skiing was the first and had an established definition then people started to Snowboard as a counter-culture.
Parkour was first and was established and still is as navigating through obstacles in the most efficient way.
Free-Running was made into what it is today because when you add flips and twists and spins in no longer is Parkour because that is not the most efficient way.
Doing a flip takes more time than just jumping and running.

Irish-Sama

FullbusterOrleans

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:11 pm

Irish-Sama
XxBlack_FlashxX
Irish-Sama

You know what urks the hell out of me?
When people try saying Parkour and Free-running are the same.
Lets use some examples would you say Skiing and Snowboarding are the same thing? No.
skiing was the first and had an established definition then people started to Snowboard as a counter-culture.
Parkour was first and was established and still is as navigating through obstacles in the most efficient way.
Free-Running was made into what it is today because when you add flips and twists and spins in no longer is Parkour because that is not the most efficient way.
Doing a flip takes more time than just jumping and running.

He speaks truth. ^
Naruto Ultimate Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7828 7829 7830 7831 7832 7833 ... 9223 9224 9225 9226 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games