Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 785 786 787 788 789 790 ... 2604 2605 2606 2607 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:58 pm
Prof. Moonie
It's funny how people are all worked up about his age. I've been thinking about his age lately and I realized that the age that the Eleventh Doctor gives in the "Impossible Astronaut" that they meet in the cafe (after seeing the "older" Doctor get shot by the astronaut girl) is perfectly accurate.

In Series 5, in a deleted scene that occurs between the episodes "Flesh and Stone" (5.05) and "Vampires of Venice" (5.06), the Doctor states to Amy that he is 907 years old. Since he's a Time Lord and travels through time, it's hard to say how time passes on the Tardis. And when you take into consideration that all of that time that he spends with Amy and later Rory in Series 5 goes all back to normal after the Pandorica/Big Bang business... because time goes back to Amy's wedding day. Thus meaning the Doctor would become that same 907 year old Time Lord we've met.

We don't know how much time has passed between the end of Series 5 and the beginning of Series 6. In "The Impossible Astronaut," after being pressured by River to say his age, he states that he is 909. Therefore, two years would have passed. What happened during those two years? We know that Amy and Rory had their honeymoon... multiple honeymoons maybe? *shrugs* And there was "The Christmas Carol" adventure. Other than that, we don't know much... but I have a feeling we'll be finding out more about that in the upcoming episodes.

*shrugs* I don't know... the Doctor's age makes sense to me now that I think about it. But for some reason people thought the Doctor's age was going all funky between those two moments. Not sure why.

17/100

User Image

Found this picture that has Amy's dialouge on it. Confirms my theory that the Doctor's age was not funked up at all.

907 in Series 5. 908 when Amy lost saw him ((meaning some time around "A Christmas Carol"?)). 909 when he appears in the cafe.

BAM!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:05 pm
User Image
I should also mention that I do not agree with the theories that Madame Vashtra and River Song are the same person just because of their eye patch things. If they were the same person, why do they make all of the other bad guys where the eye patch? Yeah. Exactly.

I think River Song just wears the eye patch because either she's trying to blend in. Sort of like Sherlock's statement:

User Image

“The art of disguise is knowing how to hide in plain sight” (BBC Sherlock 1.03)

Or because Madame Vashtra has raised her in the "eye patch society" and is just the fashion fad there. *shrugs*
User Image

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:07 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:19 pm
User Image
User Image

We were talking about how awesome this episode was from River Song's perspective. It's her birthday. She got to go ice skating with the Doctor where Stevie Wonder sang. Then her Dad appears in his Roman outfit. And then she gets to see her Mom again. And the Doctor again. *laughs*

Probably the only bad part is that a war occurred on her birthday (both ones [birth and woman River]) and the Doctor briefly got mad at her for not being there for him when he needed her help.
User Image

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:23 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:27 pm
User Image
User Image

I've seen this picture before but haven't actually looked closely at it. *looks at cast list* Hey! Mark Gatiss is going to be starring in it! Woot!

Frances Barber... um... oh yeah, she's Madame Kovarian.
Simon Callow... *shakes head* Don't know him by name. Who is/was he?
Simon is the big blue guy. Sorry, I can't remember his name right now, lol.
And Ian is the pirate captain.

This certainly is going to be interesting.
User Image

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:49 pm
User Image
User Image

I never noticed it before until I watched this clip awhile back, but its River's lunch that she offers the meat from. At least you get to see what sort of food she likes to eat... besides the milkshake (or whatever) she gets at the cafe in "The Impossible Astronaut" and the wine and food goodies they have at the picnic.
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:56 pm
User Image
Off to watch TV. Later.

#f51379
#a51cba

User Image  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:00 pm
User Image
I don't even know to start this post... let alone know how to describe all of the feelings I'm experiencing. I suppose as a summary to what's about to be said would be this: tear stains along my cheek and my mind spinning with confusion.
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:19 pm
User Image
I came back into my room after finishing watching "127 Hours" with my parents, and decided to check my e-mail to see if I got any new articles that I needed to edit. I saw that I had a few new e-mails - some were just Facebook notices, two were related to my newspaper job. The title of the first received one caught my attention and I was all like:

User Image

Today I received resignation letters from ----------------, Editor in Chief, and -------------------------, Managing Editor; they were effective immediately. Based on this situation the production of the -------------- paper will be suspended until new leadership is identified. As a result, unfortunately, your work will also be halted.

Transitions such as this lead to many questions. Therefore, ------------------------- have organized a meeting to respond to your questions and address your concerns.

And the following shows what happened after reading the e-mail:

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:26 pm
User Image
I'm just... I'm really shocked by this. "Transitions such as this lead to many questions." You think? When I last saw both of them I got no indication at all of such resignation plans. They both seemed very intent about what we could do for the future of our newspaper. And that's why I'm so confused by this sudden event. WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!?

Ugh... I have to wait several months for the budget stuff to figured out. Work to put out one issue. And now I have to wait to work again until we get new leadership. *sighs*
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:28 pm
User Image
User Image

So... um... I'm going to go take care of my Farmville... and then continue watching more classic Doctor Who to try to distract my mind from thinking about all of it. I'll try not to think about it until that meeting. *sighs*
User Image

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:46 pm
User Image
My editor-in-chief, who I'm friends with, contacted me in regards to the Facebook status I made. Basically it was just stating that I felt like I was going through a kaleidoscope of emotions and that I was going to distract myself with some classic Doctor Who.

By the sounds of what he's said to me, it seems that it was just a casual decision... not something resulting from some problem or anything like that. *shrugs* Still... it seems odd that he would do it now when we've just started the new year.

Anyway, he's planning on creating a new club that I might consider joining if it gets up and running during my time at our school. :)
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:00 pm
User Image
User Image

Off to watch Doctor Who now. Later.
User Image

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:10 pm
User Image
Good evening everyone.

Things are very interesting right now with the newspaper team. As I mentioned our editor-in-chief and managing editor resigned on Friday. My friend Melissa sent me an e-mail yesterday informing me that that same day she was looking at her class schedule and what not, and realized that she probably wouldn't be able to hand being the editor for her section and doing school at the same time. As a result, she's resigned - but it is in no relation to what the other two did. But she's partly regretting the decision, because she wanted to hear what the roles were for the leadership roles that are now open - she's being allowed to attend our meeting on Wednesday for that. And... another one of our editors - who is fairly close with the two leadership editors - apparently resigned as well.

So, as a result, there's probably only one section editor left, me and a bunch of writers. Assuming that all of them are still part of the team and haven't decided to leave as well due to the whole fiasco that's happened.
User Image  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 785 786 787 788 789 790 ... 2604 2605 2606 2607 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games