Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:45 am
x_Matrim_Cauthon_x
Melthin awoke slowly, his vision slightly blurred and his back feeling like he had been sleeping in an odd angle. We came to the tent and she went to bed. Wait a moment, where are my glasses? A quick and careful sweep of the surrounding area located the puppeteers' glasses on a small round table next to him. Nestling the spectacles back unto his face, he panicked again as he saw that Esole was not in her bedroll and one of the dresses had vanished, as well as the traveling cloak he had made for her gone. He stood rather hurriedly and pulled his shirt over his head, his mind setting into a panic. I shouldn't have had that blasted tea! Blood and ashes where has she gone.

It did not take long before he was fully clothed and out of the tent, his studious gaze search the surrounding area before he headed into the encampment to search. I can't let her out of my sight. Who knows where she went. I hope she has not gone off to Kiae just yet. I was hoping to start the negotiations about Esole's condition with her in the afternoon.

Esole continued her search for a kind looking older woman but as of that moment she had only seen a few young girls and men around. "I have only yet begun walking around," she whispered to herself, trying not to discourage herself.

She had just rounded a corner around a Tinker wagon when she nearly ran into Melthin. He seemed to be in a panic. His hair was in a disarray and his glasses were crooked on his face. She laid a hand on his arm to stop him and with her other she straightened his glasses and ran her fingers through his hair to try and make it look a least a little better. "Dearest, why are you in such a rush? You look as if you've lost a new kitten that hasn't yet gotten used to it's surroundings!" she said in her most soothing of voices.

It suddenly dawned on her that she was in the weirdest of moods considering the one she was in just yesterday. "Blood and bloody ashes! I'm another one of those bloody Greens that loses her flaming wits when she's around men!" she thought with an attempt at self anger but her giddy mood seemed to persevere.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:24 pm
Professor Inky
"Of course, Aes Sedai. My mother loved to use me as her own personal helper and would have me doing all sorts of feminine things for her." Ethin said with a sad chuckle, carefully avoiding responding to her comment about lying about the dreams. "That is, before she died," he thought with a slight trickle of despair.

He hadn't realized how long it had been since he had thought of the woman who had once made his life so bright. He felt like a horrible son for not mourning her more. "She always did want a daughter," he thought with a half smile. For some reason, that was an oddly comforting thought yet sadness still came over him as he took the brush from Kiae's hand and gently ran it through her hair. He made an extra effort not to tug at the knots. He smiled as a single tear ran down his unshaven face.

Kiae blinked, feeling the emotions through the Bond shifting suddenly, and she pulled away from the brush to turn and look at her Warder. "Ethin, what's the matter?" she asked, seeing the tear and feeling horrible if she was the cause of this turmoil. She rested her hand on his cheek, staring at him.

"I'm sorry to bring up painful memories," she finally said softly, taking the brush from his hand. "It was certainly not my intention," she added, though knowing intentions caused more harm than good anyway. "Bloody hell, what kind of Yellow Sister am I? I'm supposed to be healing, not opening old wounds!" she yelled at herself in her head.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:36 pm
Color Me Fubar
Kiae blinked, feeling the emotions through the Bond shifting suddenly, and she pulled away from the brush to turn and look at her Warder. "Ethin, what's the matter?" she asked, seeing the tear and feeling horrible if she was the cause of this turmoil. She rested her hand on his cheek, staring at him.

"I'm sorry to bring up painful memories," she finally said softly, taking the brush from his hand. "It was certainly not my intention," she added, though knowing intentions caused more harm than good anyway. "Bloody hell, what kind of Yellow Sister am I? I'm supposed to be healing, not opening old wounds!" she yelled at herself in her head.

"Oh no, Aes Sedai. It was not you. I just remembered how my mother's life was taken. It was slightly overwhelming because," he paused. "I guess it is because I just have not thought about it in a while. I did not have a chance to truly mourn her death when it happened so I suppose I have never really gotten over it."

He offered Kiae a smile, hoping it would reassure her. If not that, the Bond would. He had only needed that one moment. "And yet, I still feel that sense of loss. Everything. Everything just taken to me without a second thought," he thought to himself, the sadness slowly rising up again. "Why now?" he whispered under his breath. "Why are these feelings coming back now?" Ethin quickly assumed the Void before the feelings decided to strike even deeper at his already torn heart. He sighed at the refreshing feeling of indifference.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:15 pm
Professor Inky
"Oh no, Aes Sedai. It was not you. I just remembered how my mother's life was taken. It was slightly overwhelming because," he paused. "I guess it is because I just have not thought about it in a while. I did not have a chance to truly mourn her death when it happened so I suppose I have never really gotten over it."

He offered Kiae a smile, hoping it would reassure her. If not that, the Bond would. He had only needed that one moment. "And yet, I still feel that sense of loss. Everything. Everything just taken to me without a second thought," he thought to himself, the sadness slowly rising up again. "Why now?" he whispered under his breath. "Why are these feelings coming back now?" Ethin quickly assumed the Void before the feelings decided to strike even deeper at his already torn heart. He sighed at the refreshing feeling of indifference.

Kiae frowned slightly, feeling the sudden emptiness through the Bond and realizing what Ethin was doing. As a healer, she knew the worst thing was to use such things as the Void to block emotions from hurting and healing, but she didn't feel it was her place to tell him any such thing. "The last thing I need, however, is a Warder constantly using the Void until he falls into it," she thought, an audible sigh escaping her lips.

"Perhaps now is the time being offered to you," she suggested lightly. "There is a reason she is returning to your memories, Ethin. I would not push it all away to fester," she continued, before getting to her feet as if to leave. She felt uncomfortable giving the man such advice, for some reason.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:26 pm
Color Me Fubar
Kiae frowned slightly, feeling the sudden emptiness through the Bond and realizing what Ethin was doing. As a healer, she knew the worst thing was to use such things as the Void to block emotions from hurting and healing, but she didn't feel it was her place to tell him any such thing. "The last thing I need, however, is a Warder constantly using the Void until he falls into it," she thought, an audible sigh escaping her lips.

"Perhaps now is the time being offered to you," she suggested lightly. "There is a reason she is returning to your memories, Ethin. I would not push it all away to fester," she continued, before getting to her feet as if to leave. She felt uncomfortable giving the man such advice, for some reason.

"Perhaps you are right, Aes Sedai. Perhaps you are wrong. I cannot allow my personal feelings to impede upon my work as a Warder so I must do whatever is necessary to be my best as a Warder." he said, trying to be as objective as possible. He then felt an odd sensation on his face and as he rubbed at it, he realized it was not just a single tear, but many. "Am I crying? In the void?" he thought incredulously.

Suddenly, the Void shattered around him and he fell to his knees as the pain overcame him again. Ethin hid his face in his hands and sobbed the death of his family. He could will himself to stop and he could not will himself to care about anything except for his dead family. He could not even care that Kiae Sedai was there.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:44 pm
Professor Inky
"Perhaps you are right, Aes Sedai. Perhaps you are wrong. I cannot allow my personal feelings to impede upon my work as a Warder so I must do whatever is necessary to be my best as a Warder." he said, trying to be as objective as possible. He then felt an odd sensation on his face and as he rubbed at it, he realized it was not just a single tear, but many. "Am I crying? In the void?" he thought incredulously.

Suddenly, the Void shattered around him and he fell to his knees as the pain overcame him again. Ethin hid his face in his hands and sobbed the death of his family. He could will himself to stop and he could not will himself to care about anything except for his dead family. He could not even care that Kiae Sedai was there.

(Oh my god! She made him have a mental breakdown!! xd )

Kiae made no reply to anything he had said, only knelt down next to him and rested her hand his back, hoping it would bring him some comfort once the pain passed. "People carry such wounds within themselves. How is it we're able to keep going?" she wondered, remembering her own daughter and if she was even alive yet. She had become a Yellow to heal others, to help. Yet it seemed the older she grew, the more things there were that she could do nothing about.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:51 pm
Color Me Fubar
(Oh my god! She made him have a mental breakdown!! xd )

Kiae made no reply to anything he had said, only knelt down next to him and rested her hand his back, hoping it would bring him some comfort once the pain passed. "People carry such wounds within themselves. How is it we're able to keep going?" she wondered, remembering her own daughter and if she was even alive yet. She had become a Yellow to heal others, to help. Yet it seemed the older she grew, the more things there were that she could do nothing about.

((Lol yeah. I felt like Ethin was too calm and collected all the time and needed a good mental thrashing.))

Ethin leaned to his side so that his head was resting in the Aes Sedai's lap. Slowly the tears began to wear away until he was just dry sobbing. It took him a few minutes to regain composure after that and really take note of what he was doing.

Instantly, he was standing up and straightening his jacket. He also tried to surreptitiously wipe away some of the wetness on his face. "I am so sorry, Aes Sedai. It was not my place to-" he stopped, not sure what to say. He ran his fingers through his hair. "I am very sorry, Aes Sedai." he said again in the calmest voice he could muster.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:01 pm
Professor Inky
((Lol yeah. I felt like Ethin was too calm and collected all the time and needed a good mental thrashing.))

Ethin leaned to his side so that his head was resting in the Aes Sedai's lap. Slowly the tears began to wear away until he was just dry sobbing. It took him a few minutes to regain composure after that and really take note of what he was doing.

Instantly, he was standing up and straightening his jacket. He also tried to surreptitiously wipe away some of the wetness on his face. "I am so sorry, Aes Sedai. It was not my place to-" he stopped, not sure what to say. He ran his fingers through his hair. "I am very sorry, Aes Sedai." he said again in the calmest voice he could muster.

(We're horrible to our characters.)

Kiae remained kneeling, adjusting her skirts and smiling calmly. "It's all right, Ethin," she assured him, beginning to braid her hair around the back of her head. It gave her fingers something to do, after all. "It was indeed your place to heal. Everyone faces a time such as that," she continued, knowing she sounded cold and distant and hating herself for it.

"There is nothing to be sorry for," she said after another moment. "I'm simply glad you didn't fall into the Void where I could not find you again." She said this quietly, more to herself than anyone else.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:54 pm
Color Me Fubar
(We're horrible to our characters.)

Kiae remained kneeling, adjusting her skirts and smiling calmly. "It's all right, Ethin," she assured him, beginning to braid her hair around the back of her head. It gave her fingers something to do, after all. "It was indeed your place to heal. Everyone faces a time such as that," she continued, knowing she sounded cold and distant and hating herself for it.

"There is nothing to be sorry for," she said after another moment. "I'm simply glad you didn't fall into the Void where I could not find you again." She said this quietly, more to herself than anyone else.

(Haha, yes!)

Ethin sighed in relief. "Thank you, Aes Sedai," he said with a smile.

Looking out the window, he realized it was mid morning. "Perhaps we should get breakfast. If you could point me in the direction of someone who can provide us with food, I would gladly fetch some and bring it back for you," he said happily - all signs of his previous breakdown were gone except for a slight redness to his eyes that he hoped wasn't too noticeable.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:02 pm
Professor Inky
(Haha, yes!)

Ethin sighed in relief. "Thank you, Aes Sedai," he said with a smile.

Looking out the window, he realized it was mid morning. "Perhaps we should get breakfast. If you could point me in the direction of someone who can provide us with food, I would gladly fetch some and bring it back for you," he said happily - all signs of his previous breakdown were gone except for a slight redness to his eyes that he hoped wasn't too noticeable.

"No, just give me a moment and I can come with you," Kiae informed him, finishing the braid and looping it around the back of her neck with practiced skill. She stood and smoothed her skirts down, privately thinking she'd have to get back the clothes Rowiyl's niece was mending for her after they ate. Or before. "I need to stop and fetch my clothes first," she added, patting his arm absently.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:21 pm
Color Me Fubar
"No, just give me a moment and I can come with you," Kiae informed him, finishing the braid and looping it around the back of her neck with practiced skill. She stood and smoothed her skirts down, privately thinking she'd have to get back the clothes Rowiyl's niece was mending for her after they ate. Or before. "I need to stop and fetch my clothes first," she added, patting his arm absently.

"Of course," Ethin said, nodding in acquiescence. He opened the door and held it open for Kiae. "After you, Aes Sedai."  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:23 pm
Professor Inky
"Of course," Ethin said, nodding in acquiescence. He opened the door and held it open for Kiae. "After you, Aes Sedai."

Kiae nodded a thank-you before heading down the steps. Cobain was still sleeping and she rolled her eyes before heading towards the seamstress' wagon. "Wait here," she ordered Ethin, before moving inside. She stepped back out after a bit, having changed into her old Aes Sedai garb once again. "Sorry for the wait. They should be having their morning meal about now, so we'd best hurry before we miss it," she said with a smile, happy to be in her old clothes again.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:31 pm
Color Me Fubar
Kiae nodded a thank-you before heading down the steps. Cobain was still sleeping and she rolled her eyes before heading towards the seamstress' wagon. "Wait here," she ordered Ethin, before moving inside. She stepped back out after a bit, having changed into her old Aes Sedai garb once again. "Sorry for the wait. They should be having their morning meal about now, so we'd best hurry before we miss it," she said with a smile, happy to be in her old clothes again.

"Lead the way, Aes Sedai," Ethin said with a slight nod for her to take the lead. Any other day he would be the guide but he didn't know his way around yet. He made a mental note to scout around the camp before nightfall.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:03 pm
Professor Inky
"Lead the way, Aes Sedai," Ethin said with a slight nod for her to take the lead. Any other day he would be the guide but he didn't know his way around yet. He made a mental note to scout around the camp before nightfall.

Sure enough, several Tinkers were finishing up their meal, and one smiled as Kiae and her Warder approached.
"I thought we would see you in time for food," the older woman said, gray hair tied back in a knot. "Sit down and help yourself, there's still plenty left."
"Thank you, Tasha," Kiae replied, taking a seat. She handed Ethin a bowl of his own before taking some of the food from the pot - it seemed like a stew of sorts.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

x_Matrim_Cauthon_x

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 12:05 pm
Professor Inky

Esole continued her search for a kind looking older woman but as of that moment she had only seen a few young girls and men around. "I have only yet begun walking around," she whispered to herself, trying not to discourage herself.

She had just rounded a corner around a Tinker wagon when she nearly ran into Melthin. He seemed to be in a panic. His hair was in a disarray and his glasses were crooked on his face. She laid a hand on his arm to stop him and with her other she straightened his glasses and ran her fingers through his hair to try and make it look a least a little better. "Dearest, why are you in such a rush? You look as if you've lost a new kitten that hasn't yet gotten used to it's surroundings!" she said in her most soothing of voices.

It suddenly dawned on her that she was in the weirdest of moods considering the one she was in just yesterday. "Blood and bloody ashes! I'm another one of those bloody Greens that loses her flaming wits when she's around men!" she thought with an attempt at self anger but her giddy mood seemed to persevere.

Melthin coughed and tried to regain his cool and calculating aura about him, having yet to do so in the search. "I do tend to worry when my beloved is missing from her bedroll when I awake. I see that the cloak I made suits you well." He noticed her hair and almost laughed, hardly holding it in as his mind reeled at the simple thing the had made her leave the tent in the first place. I forgot to borrow a brush from someone. I'll have to pic one up so that I can keep her in my sights, that is if she isn't unshielded by then. He tugged at his shirt and straightened himself out more to at least look presentable. "Its still early in the morning, why don't we see if we can pilfer some morning stew and whatnot. I'm sure they will oblige. After all I have been nothing but kind to them since the moment I arrived. Afterwards we should have a talk with Kiae about dispelling the shield on you and then a planning session to plot our next course out of our current delema."  
-RP- Andor

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff