Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 795 796 797 798 799 800 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:28 pm
Silent Hill Shattered Memories is coming in the mail.

I was only able to play Oblivion for a day. It was glitchy the day I played and then it wouldn't work after that because the disc had wear and tear from so many using it. sad  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:19 pm
Chase Me To The End
Umm, how does it work? Because all the download tabs lead to a thing called iMesh...Is that it? Explain to me please; I'm not computer competent haha.
I have no idea what you're talking about, I just clicked it. Near the bottom (relatively) there's a link, it says:
Download link: The Road To Shambalah.mp3 or something of the sort. Click on the Road To Shambalah, and it should prompt you to Open or Save, save and you'll get your MP3.

Chase Me To The End

Sooo...I quit FFXIII (33 hours in). In the end, it was a huge disappointment. I'll go over my feelings for it in much more detail later.

I'm also getting rid of Ghostbusters: The Video Game. To tell the truth, I got bored with it after three levels...But that's my loss, I know.
Yes, that is a shame. About Ghostbusters I mean. What's a bigger shame is that you quit FF13 (which I can't speak for since I haven't played it and probably won't at this point), quit Ghostbusters... But you're gonna go on with FFX, I'm guessing, which I got bored of. Ghostbusters was a lot of fun, and the level design was awesome, and the script was funny... I really don't see how you got bored.

AngelaAshford
Wewt! You're overdue!

AngelaAshford
I was only able to play Oblivion for a day. It was glitchy the day I played and then it wouldn't work after that because the disc had wear and tear from so many using it. sad
Damn, that sucks... Who was using it? Cause you'd need to be REALLY careless to wear and tear a Blu-Ray disc... Unless it wasn't for PS3..  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:29 pm
Wow, wierd. The other two times I clicked on the link, it brought me to a totally different site. I guess third time's the charm haha (Rimshot me, please). Thanks. =D

~

FFX is awesome. That is all.

~

Scratch that. Ghostbusters wasn't boring. I think I just wasn't satisifed with the plot (Up to the point I played to), because I really wanted to experience a new Ghostbusters story with another movie rather than a video game.  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:00 pm
Chase Me To The End
Wow, wierd. The other two times I clicked on the link, it brought me to a totally different site. I guess third time's the charm haha (Rimshot me, please). Thanks. =D
I don't wanna rim anything you.

Chase Me To The End

Scratch that. Ghostbusters wasn't boring. I think I just wasn't satisifed with the plot (Up to the point I played to), because I really wanted to experience a new Ghostbusters story with another movie rather than a video game.
Well, that won't be happening. And yeah, the game is more like The Ghostbuster Experience. It's a lot more of a "What would it be like to be a ghostbuster on their team?" sort of game. And as that, I think it's great.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:43 am
Well, the power adapter for my laptop went kaput, so that pretty much explains my absense. For the most part, anyway. On my PS3 browser right now, which is a pain in the d**k, but it'll have to do for now. Again.

Gaming related: Currently playing Fallout 3 again. I'm not sure if I'll ever beat it. It's not just the plethora of content and s**t to do (I've dumped countless hours into it and haven't even hardly touched the main quest), but the fact that it's glitchy and buggy as hell. Good luck to anybody trying to play Point Lookout on the Game of the Year Edition. And the game constantly locks up and freezes on me, frame rate takes huge dives and gets choppy as hell, and scripting for a number of NPCs and quests have ******** up on me. And it really does detract from an otherwise amazing ******** game. It's a shame. I wish they'd patch it or something.

Finally broke down and bought Modern Warfare 2 for the 360, after the constant barrage of daily nagging from a female friend of mine. The single player campaign, while short, was pretty enjoyable for what it was. But the multiplayer. Oh, the multiplayer. I just don't get it. It's repetitive, and I can't slap any of the douchebags on these headsets. They annoy me to no end. But it's the only game she ever wants to play. I discovered that they made a downloadable Meteos game for the 360 on Xbox Live for just $10, so I asked her to download it and play it with me online, but apparently she just couldn't spare the change. Or perhaps she just doesn't want to bother with anything I have to suggest, because nothing could possibly be as fun as running around the same damn maps, with the same damn guns, shooting the same damn character models over and over and over again while three douchebags over the headset fight over whose "whore" she is. Well, if that's what you call a good time, b***h -- have at it. But I'm done. I just assume go play laser tag with some friends and cut-out the whole douchebag on the headset element.

Speaking of Meteos Wars on the 360, it's alright... but the control pad is just not as intuitive as the touchscreen controls for this particular game. It was really built for the DS. It's still fun, though. And it's got an awesome soundtrack. Plus, some of the new planets are pretty cool. Not bad at all for ten bucks.

And speaking of the DS, I finally had to break down and purchase myself the DSi XL, due to accidently destroying my Lite. I left it on top of my jacket on my locker at work and kinda forgot that I had done that when it came time to leave and I swiped my jacket off the locker. My DS flew across the room and crashed to the floor, and now the screen is full of dead pixels. So I decided if I was finally gonna get the DSi, I'd get the big guy. It's definitely a big difference. Like, a whole new world. But the colors seem to be a little more washed out than on the Lite. So let me go over a few little features. First and foremost, the camera is a cheap piece of s**t. My cellphone camera is better. However, a certain free downloadable game on the DSi Shop has kind of redeemed it somewhat. And that game is called Photo Dojo. It's a fighting game, but all the characters are you and your friends (after taking pictures of each other in a number of poses and recording your voices, taunts, etc. with the built-in microphone), and all the backgrounds are whatever the hell you take a pictures of for your backgrounds. It definitely gives you an oldschool Mortal Kombat vibe, like back in the day when they used digitized actors. And for free, it's pretty ******** cool. Also downloaded the original Earthworm Jim. And that's cool.

Another DS game I'm currently playing is Retro Game Challenge. And this game is like a nostalgia orgy. You basically play as a kid in the 80s, in the prime days of the original NES. You have to complete a certain number of challenges for a game in order to unlock a new one. None of the games are actual NES game from back in the day, but there are definitely refrences and throwbacks. Also, each game comes with its own built-in instruction manual, and you also collect game magazines. And if you're familiar at all with any game publications like EGM and Gamepro, you'll recognize a lot of the names of the editors. It really captures the whole 80s/early 90s gaming culture very well. And it does kinda take me back to the days where I'd play Paperboy for NES at my neighbor's house for hours on end.

Played Mario Galaxy 2 at my brother's house. I didn't get very far in it, but aside from Yoshi, what I played of it was pretty much more of the same (which is nothing to complain about by any means). But from the reviews I've read, it turns out to be much more than that as you progress. Definitely plan on picking it up on pay day.

Which finally brings me to Red Dead Redemption, which I also played at my brother's house. And so far, from what I've played, I really don't see what all the fuss is about. I played for about an hour, and all I did was tedious s**t like round cattle, shoot rabbits getting into this girls crops, etc. The first one started you right out in a gun fight. And so far, it seems like the original was a funner game. Blah. That's it.  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:01 am
Thee Stranger
Well, the power adapter for my laptop went kaput, so that pretty much explains my absense. For the most part, anyway. On my PS3 browser right now, which is a pain in the d**k, but it'll have to do for now. Again.
That happens to so many people I know, happened to me once too. It's about $60 but a universal power adapter, I think.

Thee Stranger

Gaming related: Currently playing Fallout 3 again. I'm not sure if I'll ever beat it. It's not just the plethora of content and s**t to do (I've dumped countless hours into it, but haven't even hardly touched the main quest), but the fact that it's glitchy and buggy as hell. Good luck to anybody trying to play Point Lookout on the Game of the Year Edition. And the game constantly locks up and freezes on me, frame rate takes huge dives and gets choppy as hell, and scripting for a number of NPCs and quests have ******** up on me. And it really does detract from and otherwise amazing ******** game. It's a shame. I wish they'd patch it or something.
Yeah, I've been replaying it too. Point Lookout works just fine for me though. I actually get more freezes on The Pitt than in Point Lookout... Oh, but mine is downloaded, it's not the GOTY edition.

Thee Stranger

Finally broke down and bought Modern Warfare 2 for the 360, after the constant barrage of daily nagging from a female friend of mine. The single player campaign, while short, was pretty enjoyable for what it was. But the multiplayer. Oh, the multiplayer. I just don't get it. It's repetitive, and I can't slap any of the douchebags on these headsets. They annoy me to no end. But it's the only game she ever wants to play.
Ah Modern Warfare. The Lady GaGa of video games.

Thee Stranger

Which finally brings me to Red Dead Redemption, which I also played at my brothers house. And so far, from what I've played, I really don't see what all the fuss is about. I played for about an hour, and all I did was tedious s**t like round cattle, shoot rabbits getting into this girls crops, etc. The first one started you right out in a gun fight. And so far, it seems like the original was a funner game. Blah. That's it.

I played a bit of it at my friend's place. And from what I HAVE played, I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than I thought I would. First of all, it's a Western game that's not an FPS, which is already a huge bonus. And I really liked the characters, the setting... I'm not saying it's as awesome as everyone says it is, but it's definitely some kind of awesome. I might get it eventually, after all my priorities. Which right now are Peace Walker, Alpha Protocol, Persona 3 Portable and Hexyz Force, in that order.

EDIT: By the way, about RDR. One thing that's REALLY fun to do, is push on the analog stick only slightly, so he starts running just a little bit, it looks so damn awkward and so hilarious that it looks like he's gonna say, "My biscuits are burnin'!"

Wait... Did you type ALL that in your PS3 browser!? o.O  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:38 am
Hah. Well, yeah... but through my USB keyboard. Hell no would I type all that out on the controller. xd

Still problematic, though. Because if I hit the backspace key twice in a row, it deletes my entire post. I actually typed up half of that post twice the other night, but accidently deleted it all. Twice. After the second time, I gave up. So when I typed it all up again last night, I was extra careful and wary of the backspace key.

Yeah, the last game I bought for the PSP was Blood Bowl, which is based on the Games Workshop boardgame (which is awesome). And it would be pretty ******** cool if the computer didn't cheat. It might be a little while before I pick up Peace Walker. I hope it's better than Portable Ops. That's pretty much the only MGS game I could never get into. I didn't like the whole capturing recruits and all that jazz. I found it tedious, and not really that fun. And the interface and everything kinda sucked. It's the only MGS game I never beat. I hope that s**t isn't in Peace Walker.

And yeah, the dude in RDR definitely runs like he's got something stuck up his a**, or is trying not to dump a**. rofl I thought it was kinda cool how you could get drunk, and then all the controls would be rubbish and he'd be stumbling all over the place. Like I said, I didn't play it very long. I'll probably give it another shot at some point, but it's not on my priority list.  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:54 pm
Thee Stranger
Hah. Well, yeah... but through my USB keyboard. Hell no would I type all that out on the controller. xd
Yeah, but it never let me put in that much text in the PS3 text thingy.

Thee Stranger
Yeah, the last game I bought for the PSP was Blood Bowl, which is based on the Games Workshop boardgame (which is awesome). And it would be pretty ******** cool if the computer didn't cheat. It might be a little while before I pick up Peace Walker. I hope it's better than Portable Ops. That's pretty much the only MGS game I could never get into. I didn't like the whole capturing recruits and all that jazz. I found it tedious, and not really that fun. And the interface and everything kinda sucked. It's the only MGS game I never beat. I hope that s**t isn't in Peace Walker.
Meh, I found it fun. After a while, looking for new recruits gets so addicting, cause you wanna have a higher med and tech unit, and then you want good spies everywhere. So you gotta search for more and more, until I found myself saying, "Okay, let's get through the storyline."
Nowadays, I do it the lazy way, I strap on the Stealth camouflage and just breeze through the levels for the storyline, pretty much. The stoyline in Portable Ops DOES kick a**, and as true to the "Metal Gear" name as any, I think. More than MGS2, even, hah.

Thee Stranger
And yeah, the dude in RDR definitely runs like he's got something stuck up his a**, or is trying not to dump a**. rofl I thought it was kinda cool how you could get drunk, and then all the controls would be rubbish and he'd be stumbling all over the place. Like I said, I didn't play it very long. I'll probably give it another shot at some point, but it's not on my priority list.
Yeah. Well still, as far as a "Western GTA" goes, it's definitely something I'd probably enjoy a LOT more than any GTA. Plus like I said, Gun, or those other half assed Western games don't really interest me. This is about the only one that does.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:26 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
Umm, how does it work? Because all the download tabs lead to a thing called iMesh...Is that it? Explain to me please; I'm not computer competent haha.
I have no idea what you're talking about, I just clicked it. Near the bottom (relatively) there's a link, it says:
Download link: The Road To Shambalah.mp3 or something of the sort. Click on the Road To Shambalah, and it should prompt you to Open or Save, save and you'll get your MP3.

Chase Me To The End

Sooo...I quit FFXIII (33 hours in). In the end, it was a huge disappointment. I'll go over my feelings for it in much more detail later.

I'm also getting rid of Ghostbusters: The Video Game. To tell the truth, I got bored with it after three levels...But that's my loss, I know.
Yes, that is a shame. About Ghostbusters I mean. What's a bigger shame is that you quit FF13 (which I can't speak for since I haven't played it and probably won't at this point), quit Ghostbusters... But you're gonna go on with FFX, I'm guessing, which I got bored of. Ghostbusters was a lot of fun, and the level design was awesome, and the script was funny... I really don't see how you got bored.

AngelaAshford
Wewt! You're overdue!

AngelaAshford
Damn, that sucks... Who was using it? Cause you'd need to be REALLY careless to wear and tear a Blu-Ray disc... Unless it wasn't for PS3..

I know I know. Blame my Blockbuster for not carrying it and me for not having the money to buy it. It still hasn't arrived yet. cry

It was the 360 version. xd  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:23 pm
AngelaAshford
I know I know. Blame my Blockbuster for not carrying it and me for not having the money to buy it. It still hasn't arrived yet. cry

Yeah, since Netflix came into the 'picture,' Blockbuster Video has really gone downhill.

And that explains everything!  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:34 pm
Shh shh shh, don't cry, it's alright Blockbuster. I still love you.

Heh, I was going to the same Blockbuster for ten years before it shut down. I had so many benefits there from being the #1 customer. The one I go to now is ok, but I since I don't go as much as I used to, I don't know anyone there well enough to recieve the benefits I was getting before...Which sucks. Fuc* you Netflix for forcing my Blockbuster to shut down, you bastar*!!!

~

Yarg, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is exactly what I want it to be: More of the same (Like TS said), but with Yoshi. Yoshi always makes a Mario game better.  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:43 pm
Chase Me To The End
Yarg, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is exactly what I want it to be: More of the same (Like TS said), but with Yoshi. Yoshi always makes a Mario game better.
But at the end of the day, it's still only Mario.  

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:55 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
But at the end of the day, it's still only Mario.

And that is the greatest thing one could hope for. 3nodding

Gone 'til monday.  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:09 pm
Chase Me To The End
And that is the greatest thing one could hope for. 3nodding

Gone 'til monday.

It is? Really? I mean, even if you still play Mario games... It's the greatest thing you could hope for? As in, there isn't a single other franchise you look forward to more than Mario?  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:11 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
AngelaAshford

Yeah, since Netflix came into the 'picture,' Blockbuster Video has really gone downhill.

And that explains everything!

Red Box is what's really killing them. Can't beat $1/night rentals. I hope they don't go out of business. I do like them and feel they're still needed. The people at mine are nice too. I'll never forgive Gamestop for buying Rhino Videogames from them. mad

lol I know rite? razz Eh, 360 is still a good system. You just get a higher chance of getting a disc from people who don't know how to take care of them compared to the PS3.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 795 796 797 798 799 800 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games