Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 797 798 799 800 801 802 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:53 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End
The reason to get excited about another Mario game such as SMG2 is because even if it's just more of the same, that just means it's more of the very best in the unmixed, strictly platforming genre. At least, in my opinion Mario is the very best. If you disagree, so be it.
Well, maybe now, since there haven't been any really good purely platformers since Naughty Dog stopped making Jax & Daxter. But back when there WERE, like... Banjo Kazooie is a better platformer than Mario 64.

Chase Me To The End
Just finished FFX. Finally. I must admit, it's been one of the longest undertakings I've experienced with a videogame. He are my final thoughts on it.

The story, like FFVII's, was amazing albeit very confusing. There are certain aspects I still don't understand about it, such as the whole Zanarkand/Tidus/Fayth/dream concept. And there were other apsects I completely forgot about, such as why Yu Yevon was inside Sin (But that was because I took a long break from a game. So it's understandable if I forgot a few things about it). That being said, the nutshell plot about the pilgrimage to defeat Sin was still a truly fascinating story, and one that I thoroughly enjoyed enough to consider FFX tied for my favorite FF game. I do think the game had one flaw with one of it's leading villians, though (that villian being Seymour). He was very downplayed in the end, and I was surprised at that, seeing as how they made him up to be the main baddy of the game. Also, what was up with the lame looking final boss? Heh, I guess that's a second flaw, but they're both excusable anyways, so whatev.

I loved the cast of playable characters. Yes, even Tidus. Dorkmeat as he was, it would kind of be hypocritical of me to hate him. It would be like hating my own self; and I'm not Squall. I didn't care for Kimahri that much, but that's because there wasn't much behind his character, let alone something for me to like about him (other than his cool appearance).

The battle system was awesome. While it took out the strategy behind the ATB system, the fact that you could see the order of turns to come was what gave it it's own, unique flair. I also loved the fact that you could play as the summons this time around; and since I love summoning in FF games, it made the battle system that much awesome...r. Lastly, I thought the fact that each of the characters had a specific enemy type they were good against was something that made FFX's battle system stand out against previous ones, seeing as how it added another level of strategy not seen before in a FF game (That I have played).

The leveling system was incredible; especially since I was able to power up my characters to a strength level I have never reached in any RPG I have played before, and within three hours at that. Usually, it takes dozens of hours to do that in other RPGs (Which I'm not down with), so more power to FFX. Though, the downfall of that is that it made the last part of the game extremely easy hehe.

The soundtrack was phenomanal. But then again, that goes for every FF game I have played, so that shouldn't be surprising to hear. My favorite track is Wandering, recommended hearing to those who need a saxaphonic soul soothing.

The look of the game (especially the cut scenes) still hold up today, even after the release of FFXIII. And that's saying something.

It had too many sidequests for me to handle, which is a great thing haha.

Lastly, I'll conclude on the ending. Like I said before, although I don't fully understand why Tidus disappeared, it was still an effective ending, and one that produced mental tears from me haha. The last time I got mental tears from a video game ending was with Twilight Princess 3+ years ago, so kudos to FFX.

In saying that, I'm still deciding whether I should give the sequel a go, now that I have finally finished FFX...

Well, I still think FFX is a mediocre RPG at best, but kudos for finishing it. I haven't had the attention span to finish a JRPG since Persona 4. Of course, it's possible that there haven't been any RPGs that are WORTH my attention span. Lunar is coming along slowly but surely, and I really wanna check out Hexyz Force. It's getting some good reviews.

I don't even like Super Mario 64, so I would have to agree.

~

Well, it took me 11 years, but I finally did it. I finally broke the FF curse placed upon me by myself.

I don't know why it never happened until now (Especially since FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIX have been available to me all this time), but FFX is the first FF game (in the main series) that I have actually beaten.

So, woohoo. Take that, you bastar* franchise lol. Now, back onto Chrono Trigger.
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:26 pm

Chase Me To The End
Well, it took me 11 years, but I finally did it. I finally broke the FF curse placed upon me by myself.

I don't know why it never happened until now (Especially since FFVII, FFVIII, and FFIX have been available to me all this time), but FFX is the first FF game (in the main series) that I have actually beaten.

So, woohoo. Take that, you bastar* franchise lol. Now, back onto Chrono Trigger.
Wait... Really??? You haven't beaten 7? Or 6 or 9? Damn... Wow...

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:17 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
Chase Me To The End

Wait... Really??? You haven't beaten 7? Or 6 or 9? Damn... Wow...

Yeeeah...

The thing about any video game with me is, if I leave it alone for a period I consider too long (3+ months), rather than resume the game I was playing, I just restart it from the beginning...

And when it comes to RPGs, I get easily distracted from them...

It's a frikkin' miracle whenever I complete an RPG even once haha. In fact, I don't think I've ever completed an RPG more than once in my entire life...That even goes for my all time favorites...Though, I have attempted numerous playthroughs of each...

Take FFVII for example. I have attempted it five times with no luck, my latest playthrough (The one I started nearly a year ago) falling through because of me being distracted by my newly acquired PS3 (At the time).

I don't know why the FF franchise has been a specific problem with me, but hopefully I can overcome it now that I have beaten FFX...Though, I did just delete my 33 hour file of FFVIII...But that was for a totally different reason, man...Hahaha *facepalm*
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:24 pm

Chase Me To The End
Yeeeah...

The thing about any video game with me is, if I leave it alone for a period I consider too long (3+ months), rather than resume the game I was playing, I just restart it from the beginning...

And when it comes to RPGs, I get easily distracted from them...

It's a frikkin' miracle whenever I complete an RPG even once haha. In fact, I don't think I've ever completed an RPG more than once in my entire life...That even goes for my all time favorites...Though, I have attempted numerous playthroughs of each...

Take FFVII for example. I have attempted it five times with no luck, my latest playthrough (The one I started nearly a year ago) falling through because of me being distracted by my newly acquired PS3 (At the time).

I don't know why the FF franchise has been a specific problem with me, but hopefully I can overcome it now that I have beaten FFX...Though, I did just delete my 33 hour file of FFVIII...But that was for a totally different reason, man...Hahaha *facepalm*

Oh man, you're worse than me. I might have restarted my Pokemon Red... I dunno, twice before I beat it. FF8 once, and the first time I didn't even know how to junction, and didn't get far at all, and FF7... Umm... With FF7, I got to the very end, but I guess I didn't level up enough, and I got my a** whooped by Sephiroth, so I restared it and beat it the second time around.
FF9, umm... I might have beaten it the first time around, I don't remember. 10 I gave up on, as you know.
And since then.... Well, I beat Valkyrie Profile, and other than that... Just Persona 3 and 4. Unless you also count Tactical RPGs, which I've beaten 4 of since.

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:34 pm

Yeah, I was so pissed when I got to the end of FFVII, couldn't beat Sephiroth, and found out that I couldn't go back and grind.
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:48 pm

Well, you kinda can, right? I mean, from the save point at least. Of course, I didn't know this at the time. I was at like level 54, I think. But I can probably beat him at Level 50, the problem was that my Materia wasn't... I guess I just didn't get the right kind, I was all about magic back then. I don't even use Magic anymore, unless it's Enemy Skill.

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:09 pm

You know me with my summons haha.

~

Starting tomorrow I'm gonna come down hard on myself (And there's nothing dirty minded intended about that statement) and get finalizing on both my Clash of the Monthly Afflictions Script and Top 250 Movies List.
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:17 pm

Yeah, I'm sorta doing the same. I had a dream about Fallout 3 last night, and realized that I've been playing it WAY too much in the past week. So I'm shelving it for now. Well, Peace Walker is coming out next week anyway, so I'm sure that'll keep me busy anyway. But I'm gonna tone it down on the video games this week at least. Get some vocals recorded on Wednesday, hopefully all of them. Then the demo will pretty much be done.

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:25 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, I'm sorta doing the same. I had a dream about Fallout 3 last night, and realized that I've been playing it WAY too much in the past week. So I'm shelving it for now. Well, Peace Walker is coming out next week anyway, so I'm sure that'll keep me busy anyway. But I'm gonna tone it down on the video games this week at least. Get some vocals recorded on Wednesday, hopefully all of them. Then the demo will pretty much be done.

Let me hear it...NOW!...Or as soon as possible. =D
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:29 pm

I willll! ASAP... Or as close to ASAP, which would be ACASAP... Or, whenever I have a free minute, which would be WISHKAFMAH!!

I do wanna re-beat God of War 3 this week, but this time, I'll do so while blasting my own Metal. Epic-ness.

Biohazard EXTREME

King of Paradise

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:39 pm

WISHKAFMAH? The F?
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:41 pm

lol, nevermind. You should watch Home Movies.

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:43 pm

Biohazard EXTREME
Oh, I see. But still, I don't really give a s**t about the consumers. I take pride in my CD collection, and just the same, I got a decent library of Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Screw digital distribution.

Well, I'm the same way. I like to have a physical copy of my media. I like having a case and a collection and all that. Unfotunately, we're the minority.

Biohazard EXTREME
Well, either way, I think by now, the PS3 has caught up with the 360 in terms of how many kick a** exclusives it gets. Like, if I was to get rid of my non-exclusive PS3 games, I'd still be happy with what I have. Not that I'm gonna.

Well, I don't know. I mean, I'd agree that PS3 has caught up in terms of kick-a** exclusives, but that's the thing: they both have kick-a** exclusives. I'm not saying that you can't be perfectly happy with just the PS3's exclusives or just the 360's exclusives, or even the Wii's for that matter. But me, personally, if I didn't own all three *shrugs*, I'd feel like I'm missing out.

Biohazard EXTREME
Back in the 7th grade, me and my friend pulled an allnighter unlocking every single board in the original Mario Party, and basically beating the game.

Gah. I hate Mario Party. xd Well, I don't hate it, there's just too much bullshit randomness to it. You could be winning through the whole thing and just get completely ******** at the end. But I did always win at any mini game that required you to mash the A button as fast as you could. Thanks, Torture Chamber MGS.

Biohazard EXTREME
Well, for that reason, yes. But in terms of the storyline, it could very well be done. You know what though? My biggest problem with MGS3 (and MGS4 as a matter of fact) was that it has SO much to the gameplay, and not enough game to actually make good use of it all. Like, the amount of different mechanics and intricacies that have been in those two games... You'd need a game the size of Fallout 3 to make full use of them. So my point is, Kojima could very well take that Engine and make something completely different out of it. Still a stealth franchise, with very similar mechanics, but different story, different characters, etc. I know it's not gonna happen, and if he did to that, critics and self-important game journalists would s**t on him for recycling old gameplay and crap like that, but I would really like to see something like that.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm not so sure if it's the size of the game, or the fact that the game itself doesn't really ever put you in a position that requires you to use those mechanics. However, the online mode presents a few more. And I'd be down with that whole thing you were talking about.

Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, but every time I'm saying, what's the big deal about Mario, you say, "Because it's fun", like other games aren't. There's plenty of fun games out there, and yes, I'm sure that Mario's one of them, but the point is, other than the fact that it's Mario, I don't see what makes it so special.

Again, no. I simply said that Mario is a big deal to me because his games are fun. I don't understand how that equates in your head as, "Mario is fun and no other games are". Or, "Mario is the funnest game in the world, and no other games are even close to being as fun as Mario". First off, I play (and enjoy immensely) many of the same franchises as you do. So why would you even think I would say that? I mean, how the hell am I supposed to answer that question, dude? The deep, engrossing narrative? That is certainly not Mario's strong suit. I do not play Mario games for a storyline. If Mario was just a cartoon show or something, I certainly wouldn't be watching it, or getting excited for it. Mario simply has very fun, addicting gameplay. And he pretty much always has. That's it.

And really, there's no way I could possibly answer that question satisfactorily to you. Anything I tell you isn't gonna make you "get" why Mario is a big deal to me. I think you simply come from a different school of thought when it comes to videogames than I do. I think you probably weren't very big into videogames before the Playstation era. Not that you didn't game at all before then, but my money says you really didn't get into videogames until the 3D age. Gaming to you, for the most part, must immerse you into the role of a character of some kind that you can identify with on some level, and provide an engrossing storyline to see through. And chances are some fat little plumber in mushroom land isn't really something you can get immersed in.

Like I said, I've played God of War and I've played Halo, and I don't get why those games are a huge deal. You can sit here and type a ten page essay about why it's a big deal to you, but that's not gonna make me understand it any better. Neither Halo nor God of War have an engrossing storyline to me. The character of Kratos is shallow and boring as ******** to me. Just like Master Chief. On top of that, God of War's gameplay is nothing phenomenal to me. The combat is pretty much just a button-mashing fest when it's not a QTE. You're pretty much just watching a cutscene and hitting a few buttons to it. Is this an action game or a rhythm game? And Halo, well, it's an FPS. But aside from that, I don't really care for its unique weaponary, or the fact that the big evil aliens that inhabit it... half of them are midgets and sound like muppets. Something like that might fit in a Mario-esq game that has that kind of whimsical style, but for an adult space epic like Halo, I just can't take these enemies very seriously. I did enjoy the original Halo, but it's nothing I can get fanatical about. It's just a matter of taste.

Biohazard EXTREME
Well, certain reviews also gave Bayonetta a perfect score. You and I both know better than to listen to reviews.
And like I said, I'm not claiming that it's a bad game, by any means, I just don't see why it's so exciting. But either way, I highly doubt that it deserves a 10/10.

I haven't played Bayonetta, but certain reviews also gave MGS4 a 10/10. And whether you feel it deserves it or not, I was simply pointing out to Chase that the thing is getting glowing reviews across the board. IGN and Gamespot are not the only reviews that awarded it a perfect score. So, regardless of whether or not it deserves the 10s it's getting, judging by the sheer number of glowing reviews that have given it a very high-to-perfect score, it's probably going to be a pretty good ******** game. And in order to gain such high scores, I would think it was probably doing something a little more than just more of the same. Just sayin'.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:59 pm

The great thing about Super Mario Galaxy 2 is that even though previous ideas return (Such as the bee suit or pull stars), they're barely implemented, giving way to an immense amount of original ideas instead.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 may be more of the same theme wise, but it's definitely not more of the same challenge wise.

If that doesn't get you more anticipated to fully immerse yourself in the sequel, Thee Stranger, I don't know what will haha. Can't. Put. It. Down.

King of Paradise

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:11 pm

Tomorrow it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine. Too bad I gotta work that night. -_-
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 797 798 799 800 801 802 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games