Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Interracial Dating/Couples! <3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:11 am
Corvius
Well, my goal is to marry a Chinese woman and have a Traditional Chinese Wedding over in China. Though, I myself, am predominately English.

Many of the girls that I've had intense feelings for instead of just "Infatuations"(sp?) have been with Asian girls. The first time I've ever had strong feelings for a girl, she was English. The second was Asian and we had an intense friendship that lasted for a very long time. She was Korean. The next girl for me to have strong feelings for was a very Korean-bloodaligned girl, which is the current interest. But, alas, none of them are in my Faith.

A main goal for me when going to China is to meet girls over there. That may sound like something shallow, but its not what many think. All the girls in my Faith around here aren't "quality", so to speak. So, my Aunt said she is going to introduce me to a "Nice Chinese girl" when we go. I gave her the parameters and she went and called up some of her friends and family from China xd xd xd xd .

So... yeah cool ...

=? Does Faith really matter that much?
I'd assume that if you guys loved each other enought, faith can be easily disregarded?

I think I'd rather just accept their beliefs and imperfections as perfection in my eyes..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:55 pm
Faith matters a lot to me. If someone loved the other enough, then they wouldn't mind converting. Its a case-by-case scenario and depends on the person I guess...  

Corvius

mymiridon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:23 pm
I don't think that's quite right. Can you convert to something you don't believe in just for the sake of being with your spouse? That's just asking for too much.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:06 pm
Corvius

depends on the person

Corvius

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:59 am
AT: Style > colour scheme > shade matching <3
Exchange: wtf @ deflation

Well.. on the one hand, faith - or the lack thereof - is such an integral part of a person sometimes that it can change your whole view and perception of them. On the other hand, if you love someone, their faith or a difference in faith won't stop you.

But to 'follow' something you don't agree with for someone else..? Surely if you loved them whatever their faith, they can bloody well do the same for you? ;P

Art: give free art? <3
Niphy: RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA >> t0shi's horns

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:14 am
Well, it depends, lol, it always does. See, with my Faith, its so different from everyone else's that raising a family would be extremely difficult. Its not a matter of the people getting married that have different faiths, but how the parents want to raise the kids. My Aunt and her husband were fine until they had a baby boy. Now, my Aunt wants to raise the son in the Faith while the father is atheist. See where I'm going? Love is not so simple that if you love something then you can overcome "everything". Different Categories of Love sometimes conflict with one another that make things difficult and bring up unexpected issues...  

Corvius

Sphenni

Friendly Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:20 am
Faith always comes in between relationships. That much i know xD I have no religion myself so...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:25 pm
I say we abolish religion lol jkz. Seriously though, my friend's parents are a catholic and a sort of athiest, and they pretty much raised her to learn about all religions instead of just one. Besides, at the base of all religions aren't they all teaching the same thing?

@corvius: did you mean depends on wether pr not the person will dump you when you bring it up? rofl  

mymiridon

Corvius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:40 pm
lol, true. But, no xd ...

At the base? At the base, almost none of them are teaching the same thing sweatdrop ...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:42 pm
really? I mean I thought all religion wanted their followers to learn things like, helping others, not steal, kill, fight and such.  

mymiridon

Niphz
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:57 pm
AT:Noobalicious ;D
Exchange: wtf @ deflation

I think they are, at the base, the same thing; they're all about some 'other being' or 'power' that exists in this world apart from us, right? ;P

..didn't we use to have a religion thread to talk about this in? xD

Corvius, what IS your faith that you keep going on about?

Art: give free art? <3
Niphy: RAFA RAFA RAFA RAFA >> t0shi's horns

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:09 pm
Still, at the base, they still don't say the same thing. They all have variations at the base, still.

I'm a JW (Jehovah's Witness) mrgreen ...

Corvius

mymiridon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:04 am
yes, I believe they're the people who come to your door selling magazines and trying to convert you and what not. I've always seen JW's as something close to mormons for some reason. eek  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:27 am
Jehovah's Witness? I've never heard of that before. sweatdrop

I guess you have a point, I had actually never considered faith when I think about raising children. I guess a lot of people tend to overlook it when they get engaged or decided to start a family. Since I wasn't raised with a strong religious background.

I did not consider the long term but rather the momentary..

I would say let the the child decided but they are too young to be able to decide.

Isn't religion just some principles and sense of security to live by? A way to help promote order in society and unify people in some way?
I would assume most religions value life equally?

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Corvius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:59 pm
mymiridon
yes, I believe they're the people who come to your door selling magazines and trying to convert you and what not. I've always seen JW's as something close to mormons for some reason. eek

Um, no. We never "sell" things at doors. That would be soliciting. Also, we don't try to convert everyone, just teach people the Truth in the Bible and try and bring them hope in this dismay World. But, a lot of times, people get interested and we teach them more and then they convert willing.

And we are nothing and no where close to Mormons. We have completely different teachings and practices. The only thing we have in common is that we preach. And even then, the Mormon men only do that for two years and stop. We do it our whole lives.

God, I didn't know people thought we were that much in common. Its like saying a Burger and a Cucumber are the same thing sweatdrop ...

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff