Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Neon Love's Gang
Yackity-Yack Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which dream vacation would you choose?
Bahamas
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tokyo, Japan
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Paris, France
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sydney, Australia
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Hawaii, USA
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
London, England
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

blubeard11

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:54 pm
I got 4 A's in college last semester, because i scored 4 A's I will receive a $400 dollar grant/scholarship. woot woot
this will help a lot next semester with the bills. yea!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:00 am
blubeard11
I got 4 A's in college last semester, because i scored 4 A's I will receive a $400 dollar grant/scholarship. woot woot

Wow!!! Congratulations!!!!!!! Woot!!!! xd  

Koranya

Gweener

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:31 am
blubeard11

Well, alright alright!
Now that is good news!
And you can say that all that hard work really did pay off!
Good job, Blu!
*high five*

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:49 pm
So I'm done with reading Salvatore for a while.
Went back to the ole' King. Stephen King that is. I am reading Cell.
I'm a little confused because the first part is called The Pulse, and I was thinking it was made into that movie, but I haven't seen that movie so I'm not sure if the story lines match up.

I'm not sure if people that are not from around the New Orleans area realise it or not, but it is Carnival time, meaning Mardi Gras... Fat Tuesday. I wish everyone got to celebrate it! The timing of it depends on Easter, so all the partying and over-indulgence can be out of the way in time for Ash Wednesday and bad things are given up for Lent.
There were two parades this past weekend, and this will continue until Tues, Feb. 5th.
Boil some crawfish, eat some Popeye's chicken, share a King Cake, and join in the festivities where ever you are!
Hail Bacchus!
User Image
So have a piece of King Cake, and remember if you find the little plastic baby in your slice, it is the tradition that you have to supply the King Cake for the next party!

Gweener

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:38 pm
I just finished with one David Weber book and now I am going to another, called "in Fury Born" I hope it is good.

The last time I had King cake I got the baby. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:22 am
Gweener

Hail Bacchus!
User Image
So have a piece of King Cake, and remember if you find the little plastic baby in your slice, it is the tradition that you have to supply the King Cake for the next party!

That sounds fun. I love all the colors! I feel kinda silly for asking this but I really want to know. What is Madi Gras?? I know it's like a celebration but that's all I know about it. What are you celebrating? What is King Cake
(do you have a recipe looks yummy) and Who is Bacchus? biggrin  

Koranya

Gweener

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:08 pm
Koranya
Gweener

Hail Bacchus!
User Image

That sounds fun. I love all the colors! I feel kinda silly for asking this but I really want to know. What is Madi Gras?? I know it's like a celebration but that's all I know about it. What are you celebrating? What is King Cake
(do you have a recipe looks yummy) and Who is Bacchus? biggrin

Mardi Gras means "Fat Tuesday." That refers to all the over-indugence and partying that good Christians get out of their sytem before Ash Wednesday when they go to church and get a blessing and ashes on their forehead. Ash Wednesday to Easter, Christians will give up things such as eating meat, or more personal things until Easter is observed a day of re-birth.
Bacchus was the Greek God of wine and over-indulgence... He is usually pictured with a big belly from all the good food, grapes and wine, and women, of course.
The more research you do, the more complex the subject of Mardi Gras becomes. But for the average person, Mardi Gras means parades and balls (dances) with costumes, great food, and drink, music and lots of fun.
And king cakes are alot like cinnamon rolls but they are twisted into a large oval. A little plastic baby (some say represents the baby Jesus) is hidden in the cake and the person that gets that piece gets to bring the next cake to the next party.
The colors: purple represents justice;
green, faith;
and gold, power.

http://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/index.html  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:18 am
Done with my book. Not very satisfying.
Maybe I'll try that author Hazu mentioned, Weber.
*crosses fingers*

Gweener

Gweener

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:42 pm
Hazumu-san
I just finished with one David Weber book and now I am going to another, called "in Fury Born" I hope it is good.

The last time I had King cake I got the baby. biggrin

Did you have to buy the next king cake?
Hey, I guess that means you've had a taste of Mardi Gras! Cool!
Did someone send it to you or did you get to come here for Mardi Gras?
Hulk Hogan the king of the Bacchus parade this year!

So, I got two books now, Path of the Fury and Hell's Gate. Now where to start!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:08 am
Gweener
Mardi Gras means "Fat Tuesday." That refers to all the over-indugence and partying that good Christians get out of their sytem before Ash Wednesday when they go to church and get a blessing and ashes on their forehead. Ash Wednesday to Easter, Christians will give up things such as eating meat, or more personal things until Easter is observed a day of re-birth.
Bacchus was the Greek God of wine and over-indulgence... He is usually pictured with a big belly from all the good food, grapes and wine, and women, of course.
The more research you do, the more complex the subject of Mardi Gras becomes. But for the average person, Mardi Gras means parades and balls (dances) with costumes, great food, and drink, music and lots of fun.
And king cakes are alot like cinnamon rolls but they are twisted into a large oval. A little plastic baby (some say represents the baby Jesus) is hidden in the cake and the person that gets that piece gets to bring the next cake to the next party.
The colors: purple represents justice;
green, faith;
and gold, power.

http://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/index.html

Cool and thanks. It has always sounded fun, but now I know why people are so into it now. Thanks!!! xd  

Koranya

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:16 pm
Gweener

Yep I did, but I didn't get to bring the cake my co-worker canceled the Mardi Gras parties he had sad I wish I could come down there for it. I did get down close, once, I was in Biloxi for a week visiting my Brother.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:26 pm
Hazumu-san
Gweener

Yep I did, but I didn't get to bring the cake my co-worker canceled the Mardi Gras parties he had sad I wish I could come down there for it. I did get down close, once, I was in Biloxi for a week visiting my Brother.

Ha! Yeah! That's where we go during the Summer to hit the beach! And there used to be a waterslide there until recently! That's cool!  

Gweener

FTGenikit

2,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:00 pm
I guess I should've come her more often...*shrugs*  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:05 pm
heart ... Autumn leaves fall and are swept out of sight ...

I think it's time we all move in; we've hit 1000 but we still keep posting there, so we really should pack up our bags and drag the entire set here.

Oh, and as to my New Year's resolution, I only had one and I completed it twice.

I vowed to meet Anthony Warlow.

... So are the memories of love that we knew ... heart

Marie-Cris

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100

xXVampire_RoseXx
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:43 pm
FT_Genikit
I guess I should've come her more often...*shrugs*

same here  
Neon Love's Gang

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 208 209 210 211 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games