Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
does it make you a noob if... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blackartist19

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:37 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Does it make you a noob if you don't know what Barry Sanders mean, when used as a verb?

oh sorry. i thought people knew what it was. Barry Sanders was one of the most prolific runningbacks in NFL history. Using his juking skills can give the best shake and bake when it comes to dodging these infected example with a football like play:

User Image
The "I" representing the
infected, and the "J" representing Jill, and the "X's" representing the
path you're going to take when you sprint by.

Figure A shows Jill nearing the end of a hallway.

Figure B shows Jill moving slightly to the left, luring the zombie to
follow.

Figure C shows the Zombie moving in close for the kill.

Figure D shows the necessary path to take for escape. Touchdown!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:44 pm
I don't think it makes you a noob.... But if there was a scale, the Barry Sanders people would be on a less of a noob people than the others. There should be a new name for this strategy, otherwise people will start calling it the BS routine.

Does it make you a noob if you don't know how to activate the Barry on the balcony with Forest cinematic, AND the Jill Sandwich cinematic, in one playthrough? In the REmake I mean.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Blackartist19

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:55 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I don't think it makes you a noob.... But if there was a scale, the Barry Sanders people would be on a less of a noob people than the others. There should be a new name for this strategy, otherwise people will start calling it the BS routine.

Does it make you a noob if you don't know how to activate the Barry on the balcony with Forest cinematic, AND the Jill Sandwich cinematic, in one playthrough? In the REmake I mean.

i either call it the bs in a verb use or when i do it i claim that i juked them.

i don't know on the balcony scene but the jill sandwich one is easy. i think n00bs trip on those scenes.

does it make you a n00b if you don't know what to do with red herbs and blue herbs.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:17 am
Blackartist19
Biohazard EXTREME

i either call it the bs in a verb use or when i do it i claim that i juked them.

i don't know on the balcony scene but the jill sandwich one is easy. i think n00bs trip on those scenes.

does it make you a n00b if you don't know what to do with red herbs and blue herbs.

Yes, yes it does. Combining herbs is a staple of the series. Anyone who doesn't know this must be a noob.

Oh and to answer the Barry Sanders question. Not nessacarily. I'm British, I have no idea who BS is. I don't consider myself a noob at RE because I know nothing about American football or the players of such. It's not even a real sport. xd

Does it make you a noob if you think that in the RE universe, all european characters are not evil? wink  

XINVADER

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:08 pm
XINVADER
Yes, yes it does. Combining herbs is a staple of the series. Anyone who doesn't know this must be a noob.

Oh and to answer the Barry Sanders question. Not nessacarily. I'm British, I have no idea who BS is. I don't consider myself a noob at RE because I know nothing about American football or the players of such. It's not even a real sport. xd

Does it make you a noob if you think that in the RE universe, all european characters are not evil? wink
I take offense to that sir! American Football is a wondrous real AMERICAN sport, like Baseball! As long as you are into watching brain-dead apes slam into each other. IT'S AWESOME!!!

No, it does not make you a noob, because Luis was not evil.

Does it make you a n00b if you have always hated the idea of not being able to use items in the backgrounds of the games, most specifically the Merchant's hardware in his lake-side shop in RE4?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:24 pm
Vinessa_Valentine
XINVADER

I take offense to that sir! American Football is a wondrous real AMERICAN sport, like Baseball! As long as you are into watching brain-dead apes slam into each other. IT'S AWESOME!!!

No, it does not make you a noob, because Luis was not evil.

Does it make you a n00b if you have always hated the idea of not being able to use items in the backgrounds of the games, most specifically the Merchant's hardware in his lake-side shop in RE4?

i hated that too. i don't think it makes you a noob. plus he never sells ammo, cheap b*****d.

does it make you a n00b if you started calling Jill Sarah Conner because of REmake.( for those who don't know what im talking about. In REmake there is a costume for Jill, which is fatigues, but when she wears it she looks like Sarah Conner from T2:Judgment Day.)  

Blackartist19

Zombied_Squirrel

4,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:20 pm
No infact thats' kind of cool. Maybe not the best thing to but eh what are we to say?

Does it make you a n00b if you ran from Nemisis in the last fight?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:58 pm
Depends on how much time you had left.

Does it make you a noob if you think that Barry is too old to be a good video game hero?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Blackartist19

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:23 pm
thats a tough one but i'll say no.

does it make you a n00b if you thought you had to fight Lisa trevor with your first encounter with her?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:28 pm
Hell no. I fought her.

Does it make you a noob if you didn't know that the blob at the end of RE2 was William Birkin?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Vinessa_Valentine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:38 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Hell no. I fought her.

Does it make you a noob if you didn't know that the blob at the end of RE2 was William Birkin?
In all honesty, I would say yes... at least if you didn't realize it through Claire's scenario B cause that is the one where Anette comes face to face with "G" and is all "W-William!" before being crushed (If I remember right). Afterall, two plus two says that the Mr.X that was blown to bits by the rocket launcher couldn't be the blob... so it must be the OTHER monster chasing throughout the game.

Does it make you a n00b if you hate the whole "Power Cord can only be used on one Electric Box" thing in RE2 and where ever you don't use it will swarm with enemies in Scenario B?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:05 pm
No it doesn't

Does it make you a noob if you hate the Wesker character and like the original Leon character?

Sorry about the first page didn't look at the date...  

Zombied_Squirrel

4,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:12 pm
Depends on which RE you played first. Because if you played the original RE games and hate Wesker, then yes. (Unless you hate him in that love to hate him sort of way.) But if your first exposure to Wesker was that lame way they portrayed him in RE4 (notwithstanding Richard Waugh's voiceovers) or in Umbrella Chronicles, which was the worst Wesker portrayal yet, then I don't blame you for hating him. Afterall, first impressions are the most important.

Does it make you a noob if you don't know that Ada was mentioned in RE1?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:19 pm
Not to be mean but yes if you love you Resident Evil game then you would read every note once or twice and it told you exactly about Ada...

Does it make you a noob if the very first time you played Zero you had to look up hints online about the lion and fire thing in the basement that opened the door?!?!  

Zombied_Squirrel

4,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:23 pm
No, because that puzzle didn't make sense. I mean, I've never actually did a test of this, but I'm pretty sure that a wolf can take down a horse.

Does it make you a noob if you don't know what a HK-VP70 is?  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff