Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Getting to know each other
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Monkeynathan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:17 am
I see a lot of people saying thank you for letting them join and I say, no thanks sould be needed. We are here to help eachother with our simular faith and shouldn't reject people that want to either help those younger and inexperiance or lacking of understanding, or to find somebody with experiance to give them advice and support. Welcome to all the new people and I hope you find new, more or better hope in the Lord.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:16 pm
yo!

I'm DoubleHTripleZ!! (formerly HHZZZ sweatdrop ) Ya'll can call me that or whatever ya want (its a "ya" day XD )

I'm not entirely comfortable giving my age but i'm learning how to drive (so over 16! lol)

I'm from the west coast (oooh, that narrows it down) and i'm not going to pretend i'm some christian who is highly educated in theology. i'm not. I cant name all 10 of the commandments, i can't tell ya what happened in the first week of earth in order or tell you what each angel mentioned in the bible did and i can't tell you the difference between an atheist and an agnostic.

but i can be honest.  

DoubleHTripleZ

El Secret Agent

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:27 pm
Well my age is 11.
My name is Xavier Kelly.
I'm getting baptized at the age of 12 same age as Jesus. biggrin
I would always walk out the door and say im Christian, how my lifestyle was like completely different. I would swear, watch inappropriate things.
Now my lifestyle has changed, and im understanding what a Christian is and thats my religion. So then I thought I should be baptized, since i feel at the age of 12 I shall be more mature enough to understand my religion.
I would like to be a priest when I grow up.
My birth verse is 1 Thessalonian 5:18 NIV "Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:49 am
my name is nick daggett, i am 19 years old and live in CA. i am a intern pastor at my church, and i have been saved for about 5 years now. i am about to go off to college and eventually become a producer and changed the media for God's glory.  

master of light and dark

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:57 pm
Hi my name is xLady Tsukiyox

Name:Rhiannon but you may call me Rai or Tsuki
Born: Chicago, Illinois
Lives: Plano Texas:
Denomination: I don't have one. But people consider me a heretic or unChristian because my beliefs are liberal and I do a lot of studying about Biblical culture and Judaism.
Favorite Verse: Matthew 7:1-2, Galatains.
Beliefs: I believe in YHVH or Yahweh. Jesus is my savior.
Studying currently: Different Cultures, Pagan Religions, Vampirism, Otherkin, Judaism, Christianity and Islam, along with many other religions.
Why am I studying these things: To gain a better understanding of the people involved in each, to understand why they are apart of each, and to understand how they have shaped our world.
Subjects I like: History, and English
Hobbies: Reading Writing, Drawing, Studying, playing video games.
Favorite MMORPG: Perfect World International

I'm not one of those people that say they're sinless. Because I'm not. I'm an imperfect human being. Even though I have Jesus, some of the things I do seem like sin. I have encountered Christians who claim they are sinless through Jesus however I always see sin overshadowing them, (Pride, Hatred, etc). I'm not going to say I'm proud to be something, that would mean I have a self-esteem, self-confidence, pride and an ego. I have none of these things due to years of hardships. However I do stand firm in my faith through my words. I do honestly love debating people and seeing what makes them tick.

Because I do study Judaism and I have a few friends who are Jewish and I am apart of the Jewish Gaians Guild on Gaia, I will make corrections concerning the OT and the purpose of Ha-Satan. I do this out of respect for my friends. The OT is comprised of their laws and their culture. The least I can do, is correct and misconceptions one might have concerning the subject at hand.

I do not claim to know everything single thing. I do know a lot of things, but that's because I read and study constantly. I have a thirst for knowledge. I love to learn new things and I love questioning things.

If I do saying something you may find offensive, hurtful, and or correct something that's a misconception, It's not because I'm being mean, I'm helping you understand how things were then, and or now, what certain things me. If anything it's helping strengthen your beliefs and learning to be more like Christ.

As a Christian I am compelled to follow Jesus' teachings. To follow the law he set forth, not the Law of Old. I follow what's known as the Law of Agape: two very simple teachings. Love God and Love thy neighbor. Though the second one I kinda fail at. I do not follow the OT because I am not Jewish. I am a Gentile and I accept that I am of Gentile blood. I also do that out of respect for my Jewish friends.

Like I said, I do suffer from self esteem issues. I have been for many years. I have been Catholic when I was little. Strayed because none of my questions could be answered, came back because of my boyfriend who converted (talk about a dumb move >.< ), strayed because the Christians I encountered on a chat room made my issues worse. And came back after realizing I was a Christian at heart, always have been always will be.

If you have any problems questions or concerns, feel free to message me or comment my profile. However all I ask is that you be kind, courteous, nice and respectful. The last few messages I got from people who had a problem with what I believed and what I had in my sig, were rude and declared I wasn't a Christian because I didn't believe like they did. Because my beliefs weren't theirs. If you're respectful to me, I will return the favor. If you are rude to me, I'll be rude back. :3  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:06 am
Welcome everyone! I am so exciting that the guild is growing. Continue telling your friends about the guild so they may also be blessed.  

squeakygirl
Captain

6,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100

Monkeynathan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:04 pm
Welcome newcomers (sounds like a mmo beginning XDXD) I hope you can feel welcome here and also for letter lady no problem I have limited knowledge of the Bible as well, I am just now getting a little interested in it despite almost 17 years of being in an Christian family >.>.. and miss, I shall know ALL RELIGIONS!!! MWAHAHAHAHA, I hope you do well with your studies and find what you are looking for ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:32 pm
Wow...all of you guys sound really interesting and cool!! Welcome to the guild all!!! Hope we can all be fast friends... whee  

Sabeine

Vampire

dessieann

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:43 pm
I am a bit older than all of you and I want to Praise the Lord for all of you young people looking to serve the Lord or looking for the Lord. In the world there is so much sin and kids not seeking the Lord, it breaks my heart. When my daughter was raised as a Christian and she died a year ago and she is in heaven waiting for Destiny and I.When I come here it's like talking to her she was just like all of you. So know you all are doing a lady on the east coast (go phillies!!!) a favor just being here. Angel and butterfly love to all of you! heart heart  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:08 am
Name: James, call me that or Exark
Born: Dayton, Ohio
Lives: Canada
Denomination: Byzantine Catholic
Favorite Verse: Revelations 21:6
Beliefs: a mix of catholic and non-catholic beliefs.

About Me:
I try to get away from the Catholic Church, but everytime i try to, God always calls me back to it. I don't know why, but all i can think of is that he wants me there and has plans for me. I'm a healer by nature, physical, not spiritual. Its something i've tried to suppress for most of my life, but i can't deny it. I've always considered compassion and the like a weakness, but i finally realize, it is one of my greatest strengths. I've also got a gift for the trumpet and for speaking (or so i'm told). Other than that, i'm also a believer in a unified Christianity (it'll come, but it needs to be kick started). Other than that, i'm a Warhammer 40,000 Player and a gamer.

Favorite Game: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade

Oh yeah, and Lady Tsukio here is a friend of mine  

-xAngel of Redemptionx-

Kookyfan

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:08 am
My name is Trisha,but you guys may call me Kooky if you'd like.I'm fifteen years old and I live in West Texas.I am a Christian and I have been saved for over a year now,thank God.I love to read,write and draw whatever I can think of.My favorite verse from the bible would be Jeremiah 29:11.Most people would know it.My favorite Christian song would be 'Wait and See' by Brandon Heath I believe. I enjoy talking to people about the Lord and his many blessings.I hope to open the eyes of people to see the goodness and the greatness of God.I will be more than happy to help anyone in need, and I am looking forward to meeting people on the guild. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:46 am
Hiya!
Ive been living for 13 years.
Ive been a christian all my life.
An event in my life made me relize something important,my grandmother passed away in 2006 i was only 9 at the time i saw everything and it scared me for life,it made me become more religous,and God has never let me down.  

XxX-LoneFox-XxX

LyDiiAA_x

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:50 am
Name: Lydia. Hence my nickname...
DOB: You may not believe me but 12/25/1994. So yeah, christmas day !
Lives: England (don't move here. It sucks)
Denomination: Err Christian- Evangelical ?

About Me:
Err, okay you got the basics. My father is the 'pastor' or whatever you want to call it, of my church. I like rock music, and do not believe that loud music is 'evil' and against my religion. In actual fact I love MCR. sweatdrop
I think of myself as a 'Modern Christian' I mean, don't get offended (if this is at all offensive), but yeah, I believe God created the world, but that he may have done it by the Big Bang. I'm not sure if I believe in evolution though, I would like to think that I came from something less primitive than a monkey. xd
Hurr... I have two sisters and most of my friends claim to be atheist. Because it's 'cool'. But my Best friends are christian smile
Nothing much else to say really, I love music, I play the flute i my church band, I also sing at grade 5, flute at grade 7 piano at grade 4 and free guitar (I can't be bothered to take grades). I do cheerleading (believe me. it's not all pompoms xd ) gymnastics, dancing aaaaaaand some other stuff... I speak french german japanese some latvian, some chinese and some spanish. And I am doing Latin GCSE (SATs for england)
that's about it (:  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:05 am
Hi all! Thanks for accepting smile

You can call me Luz or Lu or Luci
I am 24 and study at the university.
I live in the Czech republic.
I've been a Christian since I was 10 or 11 and I'm a member in the Methodist church.

I love music: darkwave, gothic rock and some metal are my most favourite genres. I enjoy learning and practicing languages [English, German, Spanish]. I've been on Gaia for almost 2 years and I like about it that there's such a diversity of topics and everyone can find here something that fits their interests. [other internet forums are often directed only or mainly on one subject/area of interest.] And I love the possibility to dress our avatars smile
I also like reading, specially fantasy, historical, and books related to Christianity/the Bible.  

Ametrin

Cookie1474

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:33 pm
Hi my name is Kanna and I am live in Oregon, I am 35yrs young wink and have been married to my husband the love of my life for 16yrs, we have two teenagers, our son 15 and daughter 14, I have been in the church all my life but really came to know Jesus as my Lord and Savior about 8 years ago, he is so awsome and great and mighty!! Praise his holy name heart heart heart , I am very involved with my church, I am a Deaconess, and a youth leader, I also teach Sunday school to kids 12 and younger. I just want to say that it is a time out about playing church and be real, the harvest is ripe and the workers are few.. we need to stop saving all the people in the church and go out and win a soul!! The lost souls out there are looking for real people not hypocrite who say one thing and do another, I love God with all my heart and can truley say that without him I would not be alive today, I owe him my all and he owes me nothing... heart heart  
Getting to know each other

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff