Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Neon Love's Gang
I feel like I don't know some of you. (Moved...) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:34 pm
Oh, wow... I never answered this.
Nope, never done it.

Now ask me more questions.
If you ask me to post photos of Halloween, I won't do it... because I'm lazy.

So don't ask that.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:54 am
Have you ever dreamed that you had woken up from a dream, just to realize that you were still in the dream?  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:27 am
Yes. It's part of an arms race me and my subconscious have. I try to actually wake up/realize I'm still dreaming while my subconscious tries to keep me asleep/kill me.

Back when I was like... 6 or 7, I used to be able to open my eyes while asleep and wake up. In fact, I was really frickin' good at it. Right until this one time I had a dream, and there was this bear-guy. I was showing off to him by opening my eyes and shutting them in rapid succession, there-by becoming awake and falling back into REM really, really fast. It was actually kind of cool. Anyway, to him, it was like I could blink out of existence. He was almost like a spy for my subconscious, though, because after that day, it became really, really hard to open my eyes. I could still do it every once in a while, but it was very difficult. In fact, for many years, I couldn't end my dreams or wake up from then until I had died (painfully), even if I became aware I was dreaming. In fact, if I became aware I was dreaming, I'd usually end up dying faster and more painfully, almost as if my subconscious was pissed at me that I realized I was dreaming.

Anyway, there was one night when I was around 13 where I really wanted to wake up, but couldn't open my eyes. I was trying everything, so I thought, "I'll try to slap myself. There's no chance in hell this will actually work, but I'll try it anyway." So in my dream, I lifted up my hand and whacked myself in the face. In real life, I woke up as I picked up my hand, and whacked myself in the face. Can you imagine watching a guy sleeping, then while he's asleep, pick is hand up, and slap himself awake? Well, that's what happened.

Later on, instead of trapping me, my dreams would act like I would wake up, and I'd be in my room, but I'd still be asleep. This got me several times, and the consequences for not realizing the dream wasn't over were painful. Then I began to pick up on little clues like feeling tired, or having heavy eyelids, or how dirty/clean the room was, or the fact that I have a certain light on just to make add a little more detail to make sure I'm really awake. Eventually, however, my subconscious began to be able to mimic ALL of this. Even the feeling of being tired and your eyelids being heavy and hot like you're tired.

One day when I was in high school, however, when I frickin' knew I was dreaming, I just decided to slam my head repetitively against the upstairs banister as I was walking out of my room, as I sort of knew that I can't hurt myself directly in my dreams. Thus, began the slap myself on the arm test. If it stings, I'm awake. Eventually though, my brain began to mimic the pain of the impact. That got me a few times, and the result was pain. Then, I noticed that it couldn't mimic the afterburn of getting a slap, so that worked for a long time... until it successfully mimiced that, too. So, I moved onto a very hard scratch on my arm. That afterburn has a lot more detail, so I can recognize it more easily. That actually stayed until... sophomore year of college, pretty much, scratching myself to make sure I'm awake. Then my subconscious learned how to mimic it, although it's still not perfect. Right now the arms race has kind of stopped, since me and my subconscious aren't fighting as much, right now. He's bein' pretty cool, right now.

There was, however, an incident recently. Before this, I could sometimes realize I was dreaming if I tried to think back on what I did in the morning, or yesterday, or right before what I'm doing right now in the dream, and I either can't remember doing anything, remember another dream, or remember going to sleep. That can tell me I'm asleep. However, last time I tried to do this, my subconscious, in real time, implanted memories of me waking up, doing my morning routine, what I ate, going to school, what I did in class, driving home, etc. And it was perfect. It totally got me. No pain in that one, though, since he's being cool, right now.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:29 am
Honestly, if you ever see me wake up at home, sometimes right after I wake up and come out of my room to go to the bathroom, or something, and sometimes even randomly at midday, something will hit a trigger in my brain and make me suspicious and I'll scratch my left arm to make sure I'm not dreaming.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:15 am
Have you ever experienced something and asked someone about it and they denied it happened, and then a few days or weeks later, it happened. And when you tried to tell that person that it had already happened, they looked at you like you were crazy? That's happened to me often.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:22 am
Only a couple of times. My precognition seems to be about unimportant stuff, like video games. I've dreamed what people would say to me on online games before, like... in the situation, and then I'd be playing and they'd say it. It was never anything important, though. Only time I pre-cogged something monumental-ish was when that roofer fell off our roof. I had just woken up to the sounds of hammering on our roof, and I was still all groggy and sleepy when I had... like... this vivid auditory hallucination of the sound of scraping on my roof, then a thud behind me, then a yelp and a thud onto the ground. It so happens, that's exactly how it went down about an hour later. Guy slid down off the roof right above my room, hit this kinda second landing-ish roof, then yelped and thudded onto the ground. He Broke his arm, but considering they usually break their neck, I guess that's alright.

I had told my parents and sister that I'd seen that happen right when I woke up... I told them about it before it happened. After it happened, Mom said I wasn't allowed to dream about people getting hurt anymore. rolleyes  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:57 am
hahaha; your mom's a real hoot. rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:53 am
I guess? I don't really think so... her jokes are kinda lame.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

sedo_mare
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:43 pm
Can you fake any accents?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:09 pm
Kind of. If I listen to someone talk, I can usually mimic their accent. If I haven't heard a particular accent for very long, though, I suck at it.

I'm pretty good at impersonating Ahnold, though.

I actually kind of have to stop myself from mimicking people if I talk to them for too long... I start to mimic their sayings, phrases, and then their accent.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

sedo_mare
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:36 pm
lol.
Do you have any phobias?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:31 am
Have you ever tripped over your own feet trying to bang your head? arrow I shamefully admit that I have.  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:49 am
sedo_mare
lol.
Do you have any phobias?

Phobias? I don't think I'm PHOBIC of anything... I'm scared of some stuff, though.

Heights, I don't like heights. However, I can deal with it if I have to. Flying for some reason though, I'm absolutely fine with... Same goes with, say, riding on a train thingy on a suspension line going over a gorge (although, before I get into that tram thing, I'm scared), or riding a large roller coaster. I think one of the reasons I got scared of heights to begin with was my dreams. However, one of the reasons I'm not as scared of heights anymore is also my dreams... since... I've fallen so much now its just not as scary, I guess. Plus, since it's a fall death, it's not really painful at the bottom... not like the next fear.

I don't like the dark, anymore... I used to love the dark, when I was a kid, and then I had a very large number of dreams where I got horriblly, painfully killed in the dark. And when I say large number, we're talking about 5+ times a week for around 5 years or so... So you can't really blame me for getting edgy in an unfamiliar dark room when I'm alone in it. As a corollary to that, I also don't like ghosts and demons, seeing as they were the things that killed me the most in those dark places... I can deal with the dark, though, since I have good night vision. I'd actually have to say I'm not afraid of darkness itself as much as the fact that it puts the possibility of suddenly being murdered by some unknown thing back into my head thanks to those f***ing dreams.

I used to be afraid of being stung, but I'm not so much now. In fact, I'm far less nervous about it than most other people I know, now. That fear went away thanks to constant logical reinforcement. Bees and s**t wont bug you if you don't bug them. Be wary of wasps, though... they're more of a jerk.

I'm afraid of dying, but most people are.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:50 am
I'm afraid that I might get angry enough to really hurt someone, since that possibility still rests in the back of my memory as a fall-back to when I had reeeeaaaaally bad anger problems. See, when I was a kid, I had rage issues... not like... tantrums. Nah, something, whatever it was and it might not even be obvious, would randomly make me snap, and I'd go into this feral, ferocious, berserking state where I was soooo mad that I'd attack whatever it was that pissed me off. And if I couldn't reach that, the nearest person or breakable thing next to me I'd go after. And I'd charge right for it, because... Uh... Chain wasn't there anymore. There was no reason, nothing. s**t, I can remember not being able to remember what I'd done sometimes immediately after the rage broke. I mean, I can remember "waking up" and be like... "Uh... how did I get here... and why are you pinning me to the floor... Ah, crap... I raged, didn't I?" I mean, because of how bad my anger used to be, I had to get a huge control over it. That took a really long time... and I'm still getting better at it. I actually think I have ridiculously good self-control, on a lot of things because I had to deal with that, now. Not just with anger, but with a lot of my emotions. Plus, now I have this cool ability to get pissed at something when I'm trying to move it and it's too heavy and then I can move it, which I use whenever I need it.  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:53 am
LittleTnCo
Have you ever tripped over your own feet trying to bang your head? arrow I shamefully admit that I have.

By bang your head, I'm assuming you mean head-bang. I never actually fallen over because I'm good at catching myself, but I will admit that until you master head-banging, balance is an issue since it really f***s with the inner ear and screws up your sense of balance. Once you learn some of the right stances, though, it's not an issue anymore.
...Head-banging while walking is just stupid. Although... if you can do it and stay walking in a straight line with out even swaying, you either have damn awesome balance control or have head-banged waaaaay too much.

If you mean face-palm or some more violent derivative of it, then no. Never lost my balance due to a face-palm.  
Neon Love's Gang

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff