View Results

emorhconom esor

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:05 am
Shadows-shine
gothic_black_rose
Shadows-shine
gothic_black_rose
Why does most of the honor and praise go to God and Jesus? Why is it people just brush the Holy Spirit to the side, he's apart of the trinity too?

Well if you believe in the trinity, and that the members of the trinity are all one in the same, then you are paying honor to the Holy Ghost.

Yet they are also seperate identities. You hear people thanking Jesus for dying on the cross and God for be the Father of creation. I just want to know why you don't normally hear people thanking the Holy Spirit for keeping us connected to God.

*shrugs* I don't know. I don't believe in the trinity, so it's hard for me to explain reasonings behind it. I bet Scarlett or some one will be able to give you a good answer. ( sweatdrop sorry I can't be more help)

What denomination are you?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:20 am
gothic_black_rose
Shadows-shine
gothic_black_rose
Shadows-shine
gothic_black_rose
Why does most of the honor and praise go to God and Jesus? Why is it people just brush the Holy Spirit to the side, he's apart of the trinity too?

Well if you believe in the trinity, and that the members of the trinity are all one in the same, then you are paying honor to the Holy Ghost.

Yet they are also seperate identities. You hear people thanking Jesus for dying on the cross and God for be the Father of creation. I just want to know why you don't normally hear people thanking the Holy Spirit for keeping us connected to God.

*shrugs* I don't know. I don't believe in the trinity, so it's hard for me to explain reasonings behind it. I bet Scarlett or some one will be able to give you a good answer. ( sweatdrop sorry I can't be more help)

I'm not part of any denomination. I'm a Latter-day Saint.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

emorhconom esor

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:38 am
Shadows-shine
gothic_black_rose
Shadows-shine
gothic_black_rose
Shadows-shine
gothic_black_rose

That explains it. I have a question to you. Have you ever seen the mormon cartoon on youtube? If so is that what you actually believe or is it made up to make fun of mormons? I'm just trying to get my fact straight.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:48 am
gothic_black_rose
Shadows-shine
gothic_black_rose
Shadows-shine
gothic_black_rose

That explains it. I have a question to you. Have you ever seen the mormon cartoon on youtube? If so is that what you actually believe or is it made up to make fun of mormons? I'm just trying to get my fact straight.

You'd have to post the link. I don't think I've seen it.... question  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

SlTVM

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:43 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops
Bible Questions

Everyone has questions, and having questions fosters growth and spiritual maturity. This is a place where you can put questions you have about your faith, God, and the Bible.

This is a Christian guild, after all, so why not have a thread where we can post our questions and hopefully get answers? I got this idea from the Ideas thread, though I had been thinking about it for some time.

So post away! 3nodding

I found a great Christian site that profesionally answers any Bible questions. Even better, you can ask a question for free if you find one that is not already there! What is this site?

www.Gotquestions.org  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:51 pm
RighteousMan117
Scarlet_Teardrops
Bible Questions

Everyone has questions, and having questions fosters growth and spiritual maturity. This is a place where you can put questions you have about your faith, God, and the Bible.

This is a Christian guild, after all, so why not have a thread where we can post our questions and hopefully get answers? I got this idea from the Ideas thread, though I had been thinking about it for some time.

So post away! 3nodding

I found a great Christian site that profesionally answers any Bible questions. Even better, you can ask a question for free if you find one that is not already there! What is this site?

www.Gotquestions.org

No thanks. I can get my answers from the soure from scripture and prayer.  

emorhconom esor

Hilarious Lunatic

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:25 am
gothic_black_rose
Shadows-shine
gothic_black_rose

That's a good question.

I think most Christians tend to neglect at least one member of the Godhead compared to the others. For example, many charismatics and pentecostals really focus on the Holy Spirit. A lot of mainstream Christian churches focus more on God the Father. Others focus on Jesus.

I guess you could say it's just a matter of what affects them the most. That's not the best answer, I know. But I've noticed that it tends to be the case.

I believe that we need to acknowledge all three. They are one, true, but it is still good to acknowledge them as three distinct yet whole parts. I personally have grown very close to all three members of the Godhead. Originally it was mostly God the Father, then Jesus, then both of them, and finally the Holy Spirit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:01 am
Scarlet_Teardrops
gothic_black_rose
Shadows-shine
gothic_black_rose

That's a good question.

I think most Christians tend to neglect at least one member of the Godhead compared to the others. For example, many charismatics and pentecostals really focus on the Holy Spirit. A lot of mainstream Christian churches focus more on God the Father. Others focus on Jesus.

I guess you could say it's just a matter of what affects them the most. That's not the best answer, I know. But I've noticed that it tends to be the case.

I believe that we need to acknowledge all three. They are one, true, but it is still good to acknowledge them as three distinct yet whole parts. I personally have grown very close to all three members of the Godhead. Originally it was mostly God the Father, then Jesus, then both of them, and finally the Holy Spirit.

In all my studying, I have come to the conclusion that all three members of the Godhead were always present together, since they are eternal beings. (I don't believe in the trinity, so I am not going to acknowledge and say they are one, because they're not, but any ways that's besides the point.)

The reason why I am under this impression is because Jesus is Jehovah, He gave commandments and set the law is the OT. He works under the direction of the Father (Eloheim) and under the authority of the Father. They speak to each other (all three of them) in Genesis when they say "Let us create man in our image" and the other numerous examples where it begins with "Let us..."  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Hizuma the Troublesome

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:11 pm
"Let us..." the plural of Majesty. And one of the reasons so many believe the Trinity. Many refuse to consiter that, when God speaks of "image", he speaks of his holiness, his spirit. Could it have been that God spoke with the Angels in heaven about creating man in their holiness, or Image?

I simply ask because I do not believe in the Trinity. (Hear O Israel,) The Lord our God is One Lord. I just find it hard to believe that our God, who has all power under heaven, would need two others beside himself to Rule in Majesty.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:37 am
Hizuma the Troublesome
"Let us..." the plural of Majesty. And one of the reasons so many believe the Trinity. Many refuse to consiter that, when God speaks of "image", he speaks of his holiness, his spirit. Could it have been that God spoke with the Angels in heaven about creating man in their holiness, or Image?

I simply ask because I do not believe in the Trinity. (Hear O Israel,) The Lord our God is One Lord. I just find it hard to believe that our God, who has all power under heaven, would need two others beside himself to Rule in Majesty.

They are three in one.
God, with three distinct facets.
The Father, and the creator facet.
Jesus Christ the Son, and the sacrifice facet.
Holy Spirit of God, and the power in us facet.

God the Father created all things.
God the Son came down to earth in the form of a man and died for us.
God the Holy Spirit lives within us and is the reason we can perform miracles and have spiritual gifts.

One God to rule them all, with three distinct facets. And God can be in many places at once, can He not? God the Father, one facet, was in heaven while another facet, God the Son, was down here on earth.

God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are not necessarily interchangeable, but they aren't totally separate either. They are all facets of "God". These facets, while distinct in specifics, work toward one purpose: salvation of humankind.

Consider a pie cut into three pieces. The pie is "God". The three pieces are "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit". Each goes out to a different person, representing a different purpose. One takes a piece and creates a new desert out of it (putting ice cream on it, for example, creation and God the Father). Another takes a piece and gives it to somebody who is starving (Jesus Christ, salvation). The third takes a piece and eats it, and the pie fills them and gives them strength (Holy Spirit, miracles and dwelling within). But all three of them have one distinct purpose: to feed/be eaten (this represents salvation, which is the one distinct purpose of all three represented by different facets).

There you go. It is a bit of a crude example, but one that I've received through prayer and meditation on Who God is.

|||EDIT|||

I should correct this. I have received an answer about the Trinity and an explanation, but this is the best way I've ever been able to articulate it.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Hizuma the Troublesome

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:56 am
Scarlet_Teardrops
Hizuma the Troublesome

They are three in one.

God the Holy Spirit lives within us and is the reason we can perform miracles and have spiritual gifts.

One God to rule them all, with three distinct facets. And God can be in many places at once, can He not? God the Father, one facet, was in heaven while another facet, God the Son, was down here on earth.

God the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are not necessarily interchangeable, but they aren't totally separate either. They are all facets of "God". These facets, while distinct in specifics, work toward one purpose: salvation of humankind.

Consider a pie cut into three pieces. The pie is "God". The three pieces are "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit". Each goes out to a different person, representing a different purpose. One takes a piece and creates a new desert out of it (putting ice cream on it, for example, creation and God the Father). Another takes a piece and gives it to somebody who is starving (Jesus Christ, salvation). The third takes a piece and eats it, and the pie fills them and gives them strength (Holy Spirit, miracles and dwelling within). But all three of them have one distinct purpose: to feed/be eaten (this represents salvation, which is the one distinct purpose of all three represented by different facets).

There you go. It is a bit of a crude example, but one that I've received through prayer and meditation on Who God is.

|||EDIT|||

I should correct this. I have received an answer about the Trinity and an explanation, but this is the best way I've ever been able to articulate it.

I ave heard the analogy of the Egg being use as well. Shell, white, and yolk. But to both I still only see one. In your example, one pie. In the Egg example, one egg.
Take me for example. I have a mind, body, and spirit. But I am still Hizuma. I don;t introduce myself as "Hizuma the body", "Hizuma the Mind", and "Hizuma the Spirit".

I cannot understand the trinity when the Bible clearly and plainly says to me There is One Lord.
He is never referred to himself as a Triune God, nor do I believe he has multiple personalities.

The analogy I put to you is, God Fulfills these roles as such:
I am a Son, Godfather, and an employee. But I am still me, just acting in different roles.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:01 am
Hizuma the Troublesome
Scarlet_Teardrops
Hizuma the Troublesome

They are three in one.

|||EDIT|||

I ave heard the analogy of the Egg being use as well. Shell, white, and yolk. But to both I still only see one. In your example, one pie. In the Egg example, one egg.
Take me for example. I have a mind, body, and spirit. But I am still Hizuma. I don;t introduce myself as "Hizuma the body", "Hizuma the Mind", and "Hizuma the Spirit".

I cannot understand the trinity when the Bible clearly and plainly says to me There is One Lord.
He is never referred to himself as a Triune God, nor do I believe he has multiple personalities.

The analogy I put to you is, God Fulfills these roles as such:
I am a Son, Godfather, and an employee. But I am still me, just acting in different roles.

If He is just one but fills different roles, and there are no distinct facets, then how can He talk to Himself (the Father talking to the Son)? The only explanation is:

1. Jesus wasn't God (I disagree with this for several reasons)
2. God must be a triune God.

You think very close to the trinitarian view.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Hizuma the Troublesome

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:44 pm
We are filled with the Holy Spirit, yet we pray to God. Jesus, we must remember, is fully God and fully man. As man he hungered, thirsted, grew weary, was tempted, and eventually died. As God, however, he performed divine works and eventually rose from the dead. Though he did not outright say he was God in flesh, he does say in John 14:7 "If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him" and in John 10:30 "I and my(the) father are One"
So is it out of the bounds of reason to think that Jesus the humanity could be praying to God.

All scripture is KJV.

And food for thought. The idea of the trinity started a few centuries AFTER the events of the bible, and that is where the idea of the Trinity started.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:22 pm
Hizuma the Troublesome
We are filled with the Holy Spirit, yet we pray to God. Jesus, we must remember, is fully God and fully man. As man he hungered, thirsted, grew weary, was tempted, and eventually died. As God, however, he performed divine works and eventually rose from the dead. Though he did not outright say he was God in flesh, he does say in John 14:7 "If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him" and in John 10:30 "I and my(the) father are One"
So is it out of the bounds of reason to think that Jesus the humanity could be praying to God.

All scripture is KJV.

And food for thought. The idea of the trinity started a few centuries AFTER the events of the bible, and that is where the idea of the Trinity started.

>.>

Uh...

I believe Jesus is God, just like you.

I know it started a few centuries after. But revelation can come to people at any time. I believe that the Trinity is such a revelation from God.

Jesus states that He and the Father are not equal, so they cannot be exactly the same. So you must come to the conclusion from this that:

1. Jesus lied about being God (that would make Him a sinner and salvation, therefore, null and void)
2. God is a triune God. The word "God" encompasses three distinct parts that make up the whole of God. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The Spirit part of God lives within us. The Son part of God has saved us. And the Father part of God created all things.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Hizuma the Troublesome

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:25 pm
Ahh, here it is.....

Jesus. Son of Man, yet named Emmanual*sp*(God with Us)
Jesus is flesh and blood, no?
Yet he performed miracles of healing, deliverance, and paved the way for our salvation.
Could it not be that Jesus was but the flesh and blood clothes of the One True God?
Reasoning: There are two.
One: God is a Spirit. Spirits, by definition, are incorpreal, meaning they are not physical. To perform these works and set the plan of Salvation in motion he would need a corporeal body. Bringing me to.....
Two: Sacrifices in the Bible, Old Testament, were pure lambs, without spot or blemish. These were brough bu priests to the altar for execution, in order to push back sins for another year, because before Jesus there was no salvation plan. In order to save us completely, a pure sacrificial Lamb was needed. And because the Word says: All men have sinned, and come short of the Glory of God, no man existed.
Therefore, God organized the conception of Jesus.

Now, I already see the argument forming. To stave it off:
Jesus was Man. He had his own soul, own mind, own body. He was a normal human.
But he was also Emmanual, God with Us. As God he did things no human can accomplish, such as healing the sick, walking on water, raising the dead, and casting out of demons.
He says he is not equal to God, because Flesh and blood can never be equal to God. But he also says "He who has seen me has seen the Father"

Again. Not wanting to step on anyone's toes. I respect beliefs, but I also present my view of things. So if need be, I will shut up now.

Bible Questions and Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff