Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Twilight Thread! - MMO Announced? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alright ladies, who rocks it?
  Edward
  Jacob
View Results

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:22 pm
A little birdie told me they are getting a completely different guy to play Jacob in New Moon. But it's just a rumor. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:40 pm
I ABSOLUTELY HATE STEPHANIE MEYER.

i've read all the twilight books and i'm sick of them... and the twilight fans *eye roll*
heads up it's been out since 2005 wink
Anyways, Stephanie Meyer is awful an writer, i've read fanfictions written better then twilight. And after reading L.J. Smith's books it's shocking how similar both Stephanie meyer's books and hers are. However, L.J. Smith books came first so it's clear Stephanie taken Smith's ideas.

Twilight in a nutshell, "I LOVE YOU EDWARD" "i love you darling but i can't be with you" "but i want you" edwards leaves and bella has to survive by herself! ohh but she can't she's too weak, so she clings to jacob. Then Edward comes back and whole repetitive love story begins AGAIN! BLAHBLAHHBLAAH.

Bella is a whiny teen who falls in love with edward just because he's rich and beautiful, all materialistic. Besides that Bella is an extermely weak character; she whines and complains and waits for edward to do everything for her, it almost makes you feel like the book was set in the 1960s when women were not treated as equals. (great messages you're sending out to 15 year old girls Stephanie wink ) The plot was weak and there was no character development in any of the books. All the characters lacked depth.

I strongly suggest people start reading the Night world series and Vampire diaries (both series were written in the 1990s by L.J. Smith)
Those are the books Stephanie stole all the ideas from.

L.J. Smith was the first to create unnaturally beautiful vampires with wild eyes. She started romances between humans and vampires. The vegetarian vampires was also L.J smith. Her vampires can eat but prefer not to, they drink blood but she actually explains why they need blood to survive (unlike stephanie meyer who keeps all information about the vampires very vague). there are vampires from the lamia which where born vampire and made vampires. Made vampires stay that age forever. Her vampires are immortal but unlike stephanie meyer's perfect vampires that are impossible to kill, Smith's are more realistic (ex wood is their weakness. If they are cut by wood they cannot heal their wounds, they are are also weaker in the sunlight). L.J. smith's vampires are speedy, and strong and all vampires are telepathic, some are more powerful then others.

in night world no1 (made up of three books)
in the first book a human girl finds out she has cancer and will die her best friend who is secretly is a vampire wants to save her and the only way was to turn her into a vampire. three of the names were in the book Jasper, James, Phil.
in the second book there is a human girl in a love triangle with a vampire and werewolf. She ends up with the vampire.

the list goes on and on.

lol and my sister's teacher tried reading The host(stephanie meyer's other book) and stopped reading after the second chapter because it was a rip off of an older book she already read.

ok end of my rant.
whee

pxxn

Original Fairy

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:05 pm
Moonlight_Bella
A little birdie told me they are getting a completely different guy to play Jacob in New Moon. But it's just a rumor. ninja

NEVERMIND. director Chris Weitz confirmed this note on Steph's page:

I'm very happy to announce that Taylor Lautner will be playing Jacob Black in New Moon and that he's doing so with the enthusiastic support of Summit Entertainment, the producers, and Stephenie Meyer.

The characters in Stephenie's books go through extraordinary changes of circumstance and also appearance; so it is not surprising that there has been speculation about whether the same actor would portray a character who changes in so many surprising ways throughout the series. But it was my first instinct that Taylor was, is, and should be Jacob, and that the books would be best served by the actor who is emotionally right for the part. I think that fans of Twilight the book and the movie will be surprised by the Jacob Black that Taylor will bring to the screen in New Moon; and I'm looking forward to working with him and the rest of the cast in realizing the film.

very best

Chris Weitz

pxxn: I appreciate your opinion, but please, refrain from assaulting Twilight too badly... D: Also, what are those black legging type socks you're wearing under the fluffy slippers, if you don't mind me asking. n_n

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:16 pm
I don't like uncreative poor writers. Once she writes a book that she actually thought about herself, will be the time i'll respect her. Right now i'm just completely disappointed.

i'm wearing the gro-gain hairy legs, lol.
they are pretty aren't they? (: <3

on another note, i'm really pissed they are switching jacob D:

pxxn

Original Fairy

Moonlight_Bella
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:06 am
Ah I see.

And they are NOT switching Jacob. o.o

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:25 am
oops, your post confuzzled me.
thank god they aren;t switching jacob.
i really like taylor<3.
besides that how i pictured jacob (:

pxxn

Original Fairy

Alluminn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:34 pm

pxxn
I don't like uncreative poor writers. Once she writes a book that she actually thought about herself, will be the time i'll respect her. Right now i'm just completely disappointed.

I think you've got a point there...
I realized that The Host was bounced off of Parasyte

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:43 pm
Magadei

pxxn

I think you've got a point there...
I realized that The Host was bounced off of Parasyte

that really bugged me, i was looking forward to reading the host hoping that it wasn't going to be all stolen ideas like her whole twilight series, but how was i wrong.

you're the third person now who has said The host is ripp off of another book.
=/ it's just so frustrating when Authors stoop that low.

pxxn

Original Fairy

iluvpolkadots

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:25 pm
Magadei

ugh...
I lost all interest in that book by the time I was halfway through it.

I just put it down and picked up The Looking Glass Wars. Great book.
whee

In my opinion, once you've read at least 5 different romance novels directed at teenagers, you've read them all. But that's just my opinion.

OH MY GOSH! I LOVE THAT BOOK (the looking glass wars) I HAVENT SEEN THE SECOND ONE! WHATS IT CALLED?!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:20 pm
I enjoyed the Twilight moive quite alot. I've read the first three books and I'm about 75% done "Breaking Dawn".
In my opinion I don't like Jacob at all >.<.
But for the movie I thought some characters didn't look like I thought they would ._.
I don't know what about Jasper it is, but I thought he was pretty attractive, maybe even more than Edward :3
Some of my friends call me insane for it.  

vanilla sunrise

RavenMasen15

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:10 pm
When i read all four books, i was blown away! The only bad part about though: reading it reminded me that i would probably never get a boyfriend. stare sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:11 pm
User Image

(has returned)

So I've gotten wrapped up in the Twilight movement. I've read up to the 3rd book, waiting to get Breaking Dawn on one of my near pays.... whenever I get caught up on bills anyways.

But personally I thought I'd hate them but I like the whole point of the books.
Even if the writing almost reminds me of something I'd read on adult fan fiction. *shrugs*

About it not being original though, a lot of things these days are not. It's not like she's the only one doing these kinds of things. Almost everything has been done by someone else. It's how you write that makes it a little more original.

Anyways, I only say that i take back any comments I had made about it being a preteen series... honestly I don't think my sister who is 11 should really be reading the series, not like she gets half of it to begin with.

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

flavored pencils

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:53 am
i love the twilight series! im reading breaking dawn right now and its pretty awesome!
as for the teams, i honestly cannot choose between edward and jacob, they're both so loving, and cute. In my opinion, they're both the same. maybe edward alittle better, but not much. so i really don't know.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:47 am
Jacob is sexy as hell! i heard he got really buff to play in the second movie! 4laugh  

Umi_Goddess

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:13 am

Kay. It's obvious I hate the fact that Steph Meyer decided that Vampires should sparkle in broad daylight and thus bring Lestat and Dracula to shame. -shrug- I think the book should be burned.

But a quick reminder to everyone in here. While everyone's opinions are welcome, please do not intentionally be negative just for the aspect that people love the book. Not ALL Twilight fans are like the fangirls...I hope.

[MADG]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff