Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Introduce Yourself Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yo_wtf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:10 pm
my username is yo_wtf but i'm pretty sure that's not how I prefer people to address me... (lol) but honestly names have always seemed peculiar to me and I don't necessarily think of myself on a namely basis (just me hah) though it does come in handy when referring to others...

well, I'm 20 years old, born and raised on a veggie farm. i have always been an atheist, though my parents did have me baptised i only go to church to witness weddings and funerals.

being an atheist, i don't necessarily disbelieve in what is currently classified as 'supernatural' or magic. i've spent a solid three years researching the secular aspects of the occult and, well, ultimately i suppose i can't really be considered an atheist anymore by society's standards, however secular spiritualism seems to be a phrase that may never catch on...

anyway, i'm still in the process of defining my own beliefs. there are days when i have been frustrated with all of my research to a point where i feel it's been a complete waste of time, and there are days when everything seems to fit together awful damn nicely making it all worth while.

what i am trying to say is that i think i've gotten to a point in my studies where i can no longer wing it on my own, and i hope that this guild is the chance i have been looking for to meet other people who share my interests and learn from them by communicating and all that good stuff, and with some luck i might be able to share some of my own findings with all of you.

the majority of my research has been of the following:
palmistry
tarot
runes
scrying
candle magic
herbs and oils
protection spells / defense magic
chaos magic theory
the four elements

hooray!

-Lenny  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:32 pm
Hi. I'm Desi. I don't remember if I introduced myself or not, but now I am, and like so many others I've seen, I'll try to keep this up-to-date.
I'm 16, and looking forward to November 28, 2008.
I'm a junior, and am doing Running Start.
I was raised Pentecostal Christian, but "turned away" when I was thirteen. Since then, I've had to go back to the church lest I be kicked out of my house (and I can't deal with that right now) so basically I'm gonna have to fake it to make it. Which I hate. But must deal with.
I can see auras, and I love Tai Chi and QiGong, because both are wonderful for focusing energy. I can feel it in my hands.
I am very empathic/empathetic. When someone, even someone I'm not close to or even don't like, is in pain, I feel it in the exact same place. Or, when I give my mom a back rub, I know exactly where to rub because I can tell where the pain is.
I experience deja vu waaaaaaaay too much.
I have major unipolar depression (though sometimes it feels manic and bipolar), oppositional defiant disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and probably other stuff. My dreams are vivid and rarely nice.
More later.  

violet1375

O.G. Gaian

850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

0Jason Voorhees0

Romantic Werewolf

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:52 am
Hi I'm William. I have studied, almost all of my life, magic. I can't do any of the cheep magic, AKA the magic show magic, or any of the real magic. I have tried to practice but barly failed. Most of my free time I studty either time and space travel or magic. I also enjoy rping while I study them. I'm about 16, and have the I.Q. of an almost genous 25 year old. I am a great mechanic, and I llove computers and math. I play alot of sports, such as football, cross-country, golf, tennis, soccer, base ball, basket ball, and track.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:22 pm
Hi I'm Xiao, I'm a filipino Living in US right now. I'm 20.
what gets me to this hidden knowledge is curiousity and to the fact that my manga project is focused on the paranormal and the occult, so I need more information.
I have quite few knowledge about the occult but somehow I figured that I might learn more here. thanks for letting me join. ^__^  

Atlanfer

Felouen

Shirtless Raider

10,150 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:38 am
Hello!
I´m Anna, and I have been interested in anything paranormal since 12.
I really love magic, the feeling of it, how the world resonates with the song of life...well anyway I researched lots of things, psionics, thelema, wicca, gemology..
I´ve always had some natural (or learnt through intense reading? and thus focusing my mind?) psychic abilities like scanning, empathy, bits of telepathy when you say what the other person was thinking (or the other way around).  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:49 pm
Hi, my name is Meghan, you can call me Meg, or Emmy which is a new fav. of mine, I'm 15 years old. I've been interested in the occult and paranormal since I was about 10,well paranormal since I was 10 occult since I was about 12. I find it very enjoyable to learn about those subjects and I love mythology as well! I'm an open person to everything and tend to over think certain situations!
Well lets see, as of this moment I'm searching for my path, right now I'm Christian(Baptist) after some people helped me to see the side, but for some reason it still doesn't feel right to me.
Honestly, I'm a very open person and open to EVERYTHING within reason.
I like researching, which is why I wanted to join this guild and I'm glad I got accepted!

Shewantsromancex

Uplula

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:29 am
Greetings everybody, my name is Altair, I am 16 years old, my interest in occult arts came not exclusively by interest, but by the need to Identify a spirit that follows my every footstep, my greatest problem is that I am very "closed" when it comes to my Psychic senses, I can only sometimes feel the presence of things, but I have never been able to see, hear etc. spirits or energy, I come here for whatever help I can be given, however even though I lack potential for performing occult activities, my research has supplied me with a nice amount of knowledge which I am willing to share if needed, thank you for allowing me to join and farewell to all for now.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:42 pm
Hi, I'm katie. I'm 15 years old, & I've never really had any experiences with the paranormal, but I'm very interested in it, & I'd love to hear other people's stories.
My favorite colors are black & purple, I love italian food, and I like poetry.

That's all I can think of at the moment, but if you ever wanna talk to me, just PM me.

blue_razzleberry

AmongstTheFallen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:23 pm
Hello, My name is Logan. I'm 20 years old and currently i'm a junior at Virginia Tech studying Political Science, History, and Finance.

My interest in the Occult began about 7 years ago, when I was 13. I must admit, at that point my interest was only due to the fact that my "girlfriend" at the time was considering getting involved with a group of so called "Wiccans". (Please realize, I don't use the term like this out of disrespect only because the group came from primarily christian backgrounds and called themselves Wiccans because they had read a little on the internet.) I started to do my own research and very soon I had become enthralled with the world of the Occult and Paranormal.

At this point, I wasn't sure whether or not I truly believed any of the stuff I was researching as I had been raised from birth as a christian and according to my parents and grandparents (my grandfather is a baptist minister) the Occult and all who studied/practiced/believed it were Sinners and going to hell. Well, needless to say, my research was hindered by the fact that I had to hide everything (and I still do even being a few hundred miles from my family now).

For a while, I gave up my research and had an upwelling of faith in the christian teachings. Which I understand was definitely an anchor to progress. I've now gotten over that and have decided to take up my investigation into the Occult once again. In a way, I never truly walked away and I still remember quite a bit of what I found to begin with, but I feel as if I'm starting all over again. For now, I'm looking for a new starting point from which to commence my investigation and a place to discuss my findings to help me form my own opinions.

I hope that this group can be one of the places that I can come to discuss my findings and perhaps to guide me in new directions.

I'm a pretty open-minded guy and I'm generally willing to talk whenever I'm online. If anyone wants to talk or wants to know anything else about me please feel free to shoot me a PM or IM me, my AIM s/n is AmongstTheFallen. Oh, and to be quite honest, I welcome anyone to chat with me as I get quite bored pretty often.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:43 pm
Greetings.

I am currently an armchair occultist, a non-practicing theorist who has yet to develop a regular practice. But hopefully spending time here will stimulate me towards a decisive foundation of enriching and transformative magical praxis. I find myself currently wandering in college limbo as an english major who on the record isn't officially majoring in english, at least as far as the campus authorities know.

Everyone's had supernatural experiences I'd venture to guess, even non-practitioners like me. When first starting college I had a spontaneous out-of-body experience and subsequently met face-to-face with an ultra-hawt feminine entity that emanated an aura of pure, unadulterated sexitude. Needless to say, I eventually crumbled back into my physical form and excitedly ran out to the kitchen to tell everyone all about it. Is it possible for dwellers on the threshold to use sexuality instead of terror to do their job?

More recently I acquired a copy of a book rumored to be soo magical that it guarantees that whoever reads it will ASSUREDLY eventually become a bona-fide wielder of the magics. This is the text: Hexagradior. The one known as the Six Steps. Well, I took the first step, doing as the book instructed.

The very moment I placed my hands together, (but not actually touching) I was able to feel it. Just as the book advertised, I got my first sensation of what it describes as the Ether. The skeptical side of myself wondered if the effect could somehow be explained as the interplay of the two poles of the limited bio-electro-magnetic field of the body's nervous system. At the very least I've read theories that assert that the Electro-Magnetic force is actually the ether itself. But perhaps I display my ignorance of science here? The feeling was very distinctive: a pushing and pulling between my palms. This is not just the principle little children play with, of hands naturally falling towards each other when placed close together and then relaxed.

There was a definite gentle yet very tangible "feeling" of "something" pulling my hands together and pushing them away. But: no. This is not a feeling of loss of motor control. You are literally keeping your hands very rigid and still close together. It feels like a "wave" going back and forth between the palms and you actually see an infinitesimal readily visible movement of the hands pulling closer and pushing away. At least this is how it was for me.

The push/pull is not what everyone feels though, others feel just a pushing, some else just a pull. I just happened to get the alternating current. Guess I'm a magical monopole. According to the reputation of Hexagradior some have been able to extend this feeling of the ether 60 meters surrounding themselves, those that far along will be able to "SEE" everything within the circumference of their influence. In addition they'll also be able to extract information from what they "see." This is also supposed to be one method for building a foundation for the ability of long-distance magic.

Hexagradior: available at LULU.COM

Well, in any long case, I'd like to say I look forward to learning and growing with those here, and hope I can be of service to you.

Orgasmind

DragonScholar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:22 pm
Let's see . . .

I'm DragonScholar. I'm a passionate syncretist and experimenter. My major work now is with the HGA, some pathwalking, and Taoist-derived meditations. I'm very interested in new and experimental ideas - especially practical ones.

My interest comes from a lifelong curiosity for the odd, combined with a psychology background - which led me to become interested in the limits and abilities of the human mind. I tend to use a lot of psychology and IT terms and metaphors in my work.

I've just finished Fries "Visual Magic," which impressed the heck out of me for its pure straightforward no BS approach, which was incredibly refreshing. If I can reccomend any "non-standard" books to read, they'd be "Daimonic Reality" and "The Philosopher's secret Fire' by Patrick Harpur. They're indespensible to magical theory.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:32 pm
Hi everyone,
I'm Hekate81 and also a practising Eclectic Wiccan for about 10 years now. I practise actively as a solitary and also with a local circle of Pagans on a regular basis. Magick has many topics that I find interesting and am willing to learn a great deal more about. Just looking forward to hearing what other people have to say and to contribute to scholarly discussion.  

Hekate81

Gopher dude

Questionable Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:19 pm
Hi I'm gopher dude..well thats my username anyway.
I will start out by saying I can be rather hostile towards people I don't know, but other then that I'm a rather civil yet somtimes childish person.
I do not beileve in any invisible man in the sky and overall I'm not a very religious person. I beileve if god wants me to worship it/him he'll come down and tell me so...though with that said I do have a slight spiritual bond when it comes to the whole "gaia theory" that the world is alive, and that has led me to beileve that god being a woman a mother figure if you will would indeed be groovy. (haha)

Dispite that I do however have a great love for my fellow humans and am a bit of a humanitarian when you catch me in the mood. Though I see people who call themselves "other-king" or animals or somthing redicoulas a bit disrespectfull to humans as they usual act idiotic and redicoulas...a better word for it would be flamboiyant, but I'm not some person who blindly makes these accusions to everybody I'm willing to hear what other-kins think they're doing before I throw sticks and bash they're heads on rock like our ancestors did.

I do not have any special powers, but I've always had serious 'bouts of deja vu, and occasionally I have very vivid dreams even to the point were I once predicted somthing that would happen 4 years in the future. (it was a personal thing and I won't dwell into it anymore then that)

The passions I have in life are video games, adventure, working out, and monsters. I have always wanted to fight monsters, but unfortunetly have never found any or seen any. My definition of monsters though is "iregularly large animals" or other mysterious beasts. Though I have heard about vampires and in my books a vampire would be a thrill to hunt, but honestly I think these "vampires" are just normal people under some dumb faze who just think they're vampires, and shouldn't be hunted and have they're heads chopped off or shot with some sort of rifle or crossbow....but then again I could be wrong it's a big scary world out there.

And with that I'm done. wink I'll see all you handsome and beautifull people on the forums CARPE DIEM!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:03 pm
Hi everyone. I am Mercury Templar, or Merc for short. I have been studying the occult and for over twenty years. I know I am a bit of an old fart but hey, I can get over it wink Feel free to have a chat and pick my supposed brains if you wish.

M.'.T.'.

ninja  

Merc_74

Nuadu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:18 pm
Hey now, you're the same age as I am and no one, with the exception of my students, thinks I'm an old fart. Logic dictates that you must not be one either wink

Reading your profile suggests that you are of the (modern) old school occultist variety. Always nice to find another one of us.  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff