Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Seasonal Threads (For stuff that comes every once in a while)
Laissez le Bon temp rouler Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The best Carnival Masquerade Ball costume goes to:
  LittleTnCo
  PieMonster2000
  Hazumu-san
View Results

Gweener

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:22 pm
*laughs*
They are some mean little basturds. They'll clamp onto you and not let go! We love the blue crabs too down here, but they'll put a hurtin' on ya too! They are really good in Gumbo! Did u like it? Did it have okra in it?I took some pics of the boil Saturday. I'll have to fish 'em up...
They were on the small side but still tasted delicious. It's crazy how much effort goes into preparing them, from purging, cutting stuff up to go in the boil, boiling them and then letting them soak. This is one of the few times, a beer actually goes down well! I love to get one of the potatoes (that was boiled with the crawfish or crabs) and some of the garlic (also boiled) and moosh that all up together with a little butter and salt! Yummy!!!

Chain, I haven't met many people that don't like seafood. And those were allergic, so just couldn't eat seafood! I personally do not like any seafood that has that fishy taste. I've still never eaten a lobster though. I love nice fried catfish fillets. The meat is so white and if it's fresh (which it better be!) it doesn't taste fishy at all. The only down side to boiled crabs is having to pick out the meat. There's little compartments/sections that it helps to have tiny fingers to get in there.

What's up with the peanut butter? I've never really liked it either. I can only tolerate the smooth and that's if it's spread on thin. And then I watched some documentary about rats in the peanuts before processing, and some kind of allowance for how much can be included in the final product. WHAT!? No thanks. I'll pass. And I agree with your dislike of beets and black licorice (YUCK!), but just like about anything else, eggplant can be ok if fried... oh sure, just take something totally healthy, and batter it and then deep fry it... Mmm MMMM! rofl Yeah, I might be a Southerner! xd But I LOVE black olives! It must be inherited. Any family get-together on my Mom's side has to include at least a couple of cans of black olives. Maybe it's the Portuguese from my Grandma? I remember trippin' on the olives growing everywhere in California. As for cheese, I'm all american! xd Chedder, mozzarella next, with swiss being acceptable but not preferred. But if I can't get it past my nose, it ain't going in my mouth! Random fact: growing up, we had a black poodle named Brie.

I have a hard time dieting because I don't like many veggies. Baby peas, corn... yep, that's about it. Unless it's cooked... then I'll eat brocolli, onions, garlic, mushrooms, carrots, okra, bell peppers... but ONLY if they're cooked. Does that make me strange? Well, maybe not that alone...

Aw, they had the parade of pets... It's called Mardi Paws! They have some of the cutest pets in the cutest costumes.

Guess the next parade will be the St. Patty's Day parade. Most prized throw is a head of cabbage. They also throw (gently hand) carrots, potatoes, and onions and I guess other stuff to make some kind of Irish stew or soup. I've never gone because I hate cabbage and most of the other stuff, but they throw beads and cups too, so maybe I'll go this year just to have something to do???

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:29 pm
You know I don't know if there was okra in it or not, it was good though. smile

I really like penut butter, only the smooth kind too though. There are very few vegetables I won't eat. I guess I wasn't a very picky eater, which was good for my parents I guess. smile The ones I don't like are eggplant (although I will eat it) and beets. I also don't like fishy seafood. I have had lobster, I thought it was ok.

I wish there were parades here for St Patricks day. I'll be lucky to wear my green and get a comment. Oh well smile

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Gweener

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:27 am
Ok, it's time to go to the first post and announce our winner(s) for best Carnival Masquerade Ball costume!!!

I want to thank everyone who participated and made this event a success. I hope everyone had fun, and maybe even found a new look!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:14 am
Yea; I found lots of kewl looks that I am now questing for. I didn't know how much I'd enjoy the tekteking part until this contest. Thanks Gwee.  

LittleTnCo
Vice Captain

Music of Insanity
Vice Captain

Witty Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Pet Trainer 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:08 am
CAN WE MAKE THIS AN ALL-YEAR THING?? I WANNA DO ONE TOO!!!
I just wanna enter this one that I made:
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:27 pm
Oh Lola! SO beautiful!!!
I'll definitely want to get this back up and running when the next Mardi Gras season starts up again. Looks like you'll be a welcomed addition to our Watu-parade.

The season begins on January 6 (I think), the Feast of the Epiphany, the night the three wise men are said to have brought gifts to the newborn King. The season then lasts until Fat Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday. In 2010, Fat Tuesday will be on February 16th.

Gweener

sedo_mare
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:41 pm
Righteous!
Gweener I didn't know you did something for Mardi Gras on here.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:45 pm
Yeaaaah! I hope you join in next Mardi Gras season. Hey, maybe we'll have enough ppl involved that I can name some one else Grande Marshall???  

Gweener

sedo_mare
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:07 pm
Maybe, should be fun.  
Seasonal Threads (For stuff that comes every once in a while)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games