Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
So, why are you unafraid of dying? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ProjectOmicron88

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:09 pm
The only reason I fear death is because of the reactions of my loved ones. Personally, I don't have a fear of death. I don't believe anything happens. Consciousness, in my opinion, is not energy, and science can verify that it's also not matter. So then what is it? I believe it's a concept, a concept that's kept alive by our minds as long as chemical reactions occur. When that ceases, consciousness ceases. You don't feel anything, you aren't aware of anything...you just see black, and you're not even aware of that. In so many words, your consciousness ceases to exist. You go back to the same place you were before you were born. If I'm not aware of what's going on, I have no problems with dying.

This only makes me love life so much more. While we're here, we should have as much fun as possible.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:11 pm
I'm unafraid of dying because, at some point, I was not yet born. As I don't recall this state of un-being, I make the assumption that death will be much the same way.

Ergo, it doesn't worry me in the least.

hachimitsugirl

Arios V

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:22 pm
I'm not going to lie and say that I'm not 100% unafraid of death, not because of what comes after death, I'm afraid I will never get to do all the remaining things I want to do or see my family again.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:25 pm
Arios V
I'm not going to lie and say that I'm not 100% unafraid of death, not because of what comes after death, I'm afraid I will never get to do all the remaining things I want to do or see my family again.

Yeah, I'm not afraid of MY being dead but I am afraid to imagine I will not have done everything I'd like to do as well as leave the people I love most - my dear, dear brother, my devoted friends, my handsome dog, and mostly my beloved boyfriend. I wouldn't want them to hurt.  

hachimitsugirl

Arios V

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:34 pm
hachimitsugirl
Arios V

Yeah, I'm not afraid of MY being dead but I am afraid to imagine I will not have done everything I'd like to do as well as leave the people I love most - my dear, dear brother, my devoted friends, my handsome dog, and mostly my beloved boyfriend. I wouldn't want them to hurt.

I just don't want to leave those I love more than anything else.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:19 pm
I can't say I don't love living, because I do.
Heck, I'd live to 120 if I could.
But I'm not dreading the day I die nor am I looking forward to it.
For me it's just a thing that will happen, whether wanted or not.

Life is a terminal illness. You're dieing a little more every day.

cup_noodles

banryuu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:34 pm
Death is permenent. There is no bright shiny light at the end. No angels on clouds or demons poking you in a firey pit. What there is, is a no return policy. All the things you never did or said will not change, the world will keep turning and people will keep living and dieing with or without you. This is the only life we get why not live it to the fullest? We have nothing to fear in the end exept that end.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:39 pm
I am not afaid to die just how I am going to die. The pain or unsertety. That and my other half would wane from existance without me. (He is called an albino ethiopian for his super high matablozam and his lack of care for his health.)

I belive he is the reason I am alive.  

banryuu

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:05 am
Perhaps clichè sounding, but because I lived one hell of a full life.

And if I'm wrong? God has some SERIOUS questions to answer. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:08 am
No more worries, no more cares, no more anything....sounds fun. biggrin  

[x] Natasha [x]

Sanddru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:36 pm
Erh well I am afraid of dying

Being an atheist doesn't change the fact that I sure as hell don't want to lose everything i have. Death is unknown and scary.
I don't want to lose my life, and I don't want my loved ones to either. I have no idea how I'm gonna deal with it the first time I experience a loved one losing their life.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:51 pm
Eh, death is a part of life.....you have to go at some point. And if it is my time to go...well, oh well....lol Cant stop nature from happening.  

Sho-NUFF!

Beloved Humorist

Shaded Spriter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:58 pm
banryuu
I am not afaid to die just how I am going to die.

sorry this is just the perfect quote to bring me into what I was going to say about this topic today...

I was watching last weeks episode of lost and it hit me the worst posible way to die - the way I am most afraid of...being buried alive.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:42 pm
I'm not afraid. I'm hesitant to say it, but...I'm excited? It seems like it will be a well-deserved rest. I don't believe in Hell, and I don't think I believe in Heaven per se, but I feel like either we will simply stop existing, or there will be some sort of afterlife that would be not unpleasant. I think everyone goes to the same place when they die, if there is a place and we don't simply poof into nothingness.  

Quietly Losing Control

banryuu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:43 pm
Shaded Spriter
banryuu
I am not afaid to die just how I am going to die.

sorry this is just the perfect quote to bring me into what I was going to say about this topic today...

I was watching last weeks episode of lost and it hit me the worst posible way to die - the way I am most afraid of...being buried alive.

Yea being burried too soon is on my "don't want to try" list. Along with toaster in the bath tub, burnt extra crispy while still alive, or anything with ecsesive bleeding. I'd like to chose the 'Die painlessly in sleep' option... but not old... when I need dipers again its time to take a dirt nap.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff