Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply The Wizard's Keep Archives (Old Stuff)
yay for weekend revelations Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:57 pm
Platinum_Behemoth252
Phanari
I have aracnophobia!

i have that too...freak the ******** hell out of me...

Yeppers. Max's parents once asked me if I liked the movie they made Eight Legged Freaks. I said that I didn't go because it would scare me, due to my aracniphobia and then they asked me if I saw that movie. I said that it would scare me too much too. Then Max came in and asked what would scare me. His parents said, "Eight Legged Freaks." and then Max laughed and said, "Yeah, she's terrified of spiders. That movie would give her a heart attack."
Heheheh....nice to see people know me so well.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:10 pm
I have no phobias of my own, but the character I acted was: (don't trust me for the spelling)

1-Aichmophobic (fear of needles)
2-Algophobic (fear of pain)
3-Basophobic (fear of walking and falling)
4-Carcinophobic (fear of cancer)
5-Claustraphobic (fear of confined spaces)
6-Climacophobic (fear of falling down stairs)
7-Leprophobic(fear of leprosy)
8-Misphobic (fear of contamination by germs)
9-Ochaphobic(fear of automobiles)
10-Opthalmophobic(fear of being stared at)
11-Soteriophobic(fear of dependance on others)
12-Thanatopobic (fear of dieing)
13-Topophobic(fear of stage fright)
14-Agoraphobic (fear of open crowded places, or leaving his apartment)
15-Autophobic (fear of being alone)
16-Dementophobic(fear of insanity)
17-Claims to not be Panaphobic (fear of everything)
18-Says he is Polyphobic (fear of several things)

He also claimed there were a "dozen or so more" phobias that he had.  

ZerimarObon

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:11 pm
ZerimarObon
I have no phobias of my own, but the character I acted was: (don't trust me for the spelling)

1-Aichmophobic (fear of needles)
2-Algophobic (fear of pain)
3-Basophobic (fear of walking and falling)
4-Carcinophobic (fear of cancer)
5-Claustraphobic (fear of confined spaces)
6-Climacophobic (fear of falling down stairs)
7-Leprophobic(fear of leprosy)
8-Misphobic (fear of contamination by germs)
9-Ochaphobic(fear of automobiles)
10-Opthalmophobic(fear of being stared at)
11-Soteriophobic(fear of dependance on others)
12-Thanatopobic (fear of dieing)
13-Topophobic(fear of stage fright)
14-Agoraphobic (fear of open crowded places, or leaving his apartment)
15-Autophobic (fear of being alone)
16-Dementophobic(fear of insanity)
17-Claims to not be Panaphobic (fear of everything)
18-Says he is Polyphobic (fear of several things)

He also claimed there were a "dozen or so more" phobias that he had.

Wow.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:21 pm
He's doing even worse with his love life than me, he's afraid of being alone, yet he's afraid of leaving his apartment. He hasn't left his apartment, nor has anybody else been in his apartment, for eight years.  

ZerimarObon

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:22 pm
ZerimarObon
He's doing even worse with his love life than me, he's afraid of being alone, yet he's afraid of leaving his apartment. He hasn't left his apartment, nor has anybody else been in his apartment, for eight years.

And I thought I had problems.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:18 pm
Phanari
ZerimarObon

i can relate to that...sometimes i jst feel like closing myself up in my room and jst not coming out...i have gone weeks without muttering a word jst because i dont fee like it...i have sat staring at my wall for well over 16hrs jst because i didnt feel like going on...i have felt that maybe if i jst sit here long enough ill stop wanting to live...and then ill jst die...
i hated feeling that way...it still haunts me in my dreams that feeling...
creeping up at me every chance it gets...i have even found myself thinking of suicide before...when i realized what i was actually contemplating it made me so sick i wanted to vomit...i put 9 holes in my wall that day in anger at myself....broke a support beam in the wall too...luckily i wuz able to cover that incident up and my parents nvr found out...i jst told them i got my hand slammed in a door at school...they believed me of course...  

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:08 am
Platinum_Behemoth252
Phanari
ZerimarObon

i can relate to that...sometimes i jst feel like closing myself up in my room and jst not coming out...i have gone weeks without muttering a word jst because i dont fee like it...i have sat staring at my wall for well over 16hrs jst because i didnt feel like going on...i have felt that maybe if i jst sit here long enough ill stop wanting to live...and then ill jst die...
creeping up at me every chance it gets...i have even found myself thinking of suicide before...when i realized what i was actually contemplating it made me so sick i wanted to vomit...i put 9 holes in my wall that day in anger at myself....broke a support beam in the wall too...luckily i wuz able to cover that incident up and my parents nvr found out...i jst told them i got my hand slammed in a door at school...they believed me of course...

I once threatened to kill someone when I was a Freshman. She reported me and I told a lie. She had documented proof and I still got away with it.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:55 am
Phanari
Platinum_Behemoth252
Phanari
ZerimarObon

I once threatened to kill someone when I was a Freshman. She reported me and I told a lie. She had documented proof and I still got away with it.

i find that the best lie is true, but only from a certain perspective...
btw if no one has relized this lies are not bad...
but they can be used for evil...
i like to use them for good...i hate it when narrowminded ppl say that all lies are bad...cause thats jst bullshit...lieing and twisting a situation can create a better greater more enjoyable are for everyone. you jst have to know what to lie/tell the truth about and where to stop or start. if a sturdily constructed situation a lie can break the strongest of spirits or clear away the lowest woes. Artists use lies to show the truth. and i am an artist...  

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:07 pm
Platinum_Behemoth252
Phanari
Platinum_Behemoth252
Phanari
ZerimarObon

i like to use them for good...i hate it when narrowminded ppl say that all lies are bad...cause thats jst bullshit...lieing and twisting a situation can create a better greater more enjoyable are for everyone. you jst have to know what to lie/tell the truth about and where to stop or start. if a sturdily constructed situation a lie can break the strongest of spirits or clear away the lowest woes. Artists use lies to show the truth. and i am an artist...

And many people shape what they know from those lies the artists tell. Such influence brings power and people fear that. Therefore the negative assosciation stays. Unfortunately.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:02 pm
Phanari
Platinum_Behemoth252
Phanari
Platinum_Behemoth252
Phanari
ZerimarObon

And many people shape what they know from those lies the artists tell. Such influence brings power and people fear that. Therefore the negative assosciation stays. Unfortunately.

doesnt bother me too much...i enjoy my power! twisted  

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

Phanaridie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:41 am
Platinum_Behemoth252
Phanari
Platinum_Behemoth252
Phanari
Platinum_Behemoth252

doesnt bother me too much...i enjoy my power! twisted

Oh so very true!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:58 pm
Using lies to tell the truth? There's a paradox for ya.
Lies aren't necessarily bad, I'll agree, after all, since all fiction stories aren't true, wouldn't that make them a lie? They can say it's not true, which won't be a lie, but it's still a lie.

Onto another topic.....My social studies teacher enjoys talking about current events, or some not so current I suppose. She really enjoys little comics that show what's happening in the world in a comical and sometimes insulting way (political cartoons I think they're called). She showed a couple today involving US presidents, past and present. One such thing connected George Bush with George Orwell(his book 1984 more specifically). Orwell Man teached everybody about double speak! It mentions a few actual terms he used, such as saying that the war in Iraq was instigated by "faulty intelligence" (lies if you want the truth), that the prisoners in Iraq were "abused" rather than tortured. There were a few other quotes, but I can't remember them. Out of curiousity, are you guys Democrat, or Republican in political beliefs (correct me on the terms if I'm wrong, remember, I'm Canadian)  

ZerimarObon

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:22 am
ZerimarObon
Lies aren't necessarily bad, I'll agree, after all, since all fiction stories aren't true, wouldn't that make them a lie? They can say it's not true, which won't be a lie, but it's still a lie.

Onto another topic.....My social studies teacher enjoys talking about current events, or some not so current I suppose. She really enjoys little comics that show what's happening in the world in a comical and sometimes insulting way (political cartoons I think they're called). She showed a couple today involving US presidents, past and present. One such thing connected George Bush with George Orwell(his book 1984 more specifically). Orwell Man teached everybody about double speak! It mentions a few actual terms he used, such as saying that the war in Iraq was instigated by "faulty intelligence" (lies if you want the truth), that the prisoners in Iraq were "abused" rather than tortured. There were a few other quotes, but I can't remember them. Out of curiousity, are you guys Democrat, or Republican in political beliefs (correct me on the terms if I'm wrong, remember, I'm Canadian)

i like political comments...and my allegience?
....i hold no allegience to our current government...
i despise bush and his cabinent, and all the ppl he has placed in power that will stay in power long after he is gone insuring that this country gets ******** for about another 40 years.
Politicians are nothing but figure heads anyways. I mean shure they have some power but they are not in true power...if they were in true power then things wouldnt be so bad now would they? so...there is someone else in power...hell it could be some politicians that are in power but its definately not the politicians we want in power. I dont know about you guys but if i was greedy and self focused i would be a politician. I would get into power and after teh course of many years spin my webs until i could move parts of the government as i wished...and i think that after 200+ years of existance our government doesnt have spiders in it? i would think that after this much time when alls you need to do is win a popularity contest to become a politician there are tons of spiders in our government...im not into the whole "Theres an organization behind the organization"...there are rich greedy but quite intelligent mother ******** behind less rich less greedy and less intelligent mother ******** those really intelligent ones are looking out for themselves. Thats my feeling anyways...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:26 pm
ZerimarObon

PARADOX!

Not really. Most lies are told by using the truth, otherwise, they'd be pretty pathetic lies. In fact, it's more of a paradox to use a lie to tell the truth than use the truth to tell a lie. For more info, read Piers Anthony.  

Phanaridie

ZerimarObon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:53 pm
Phanari
ZerimarObon

PARADOX!

Not really. Most lies are told by using the truth, otherwise, they'd be pretty pathetic lies. In fact, it's more of a paradox to use a lie to tell the truth than use the truth to tell a lie. For more info, read Piers Anthony.

Uhhh....I think one of us misunderstands. Either you think I said use truth to tell lies, or I misunderstood you. You say it's a paradox to use lies to tell the truth, that's what I said was the case.  
The Wizard's Keep Archives (Old Stuff)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff