Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:58 am
Trumpster
I go out the doors into the safari zone, if I didn't know different then this place would look like an actual wild pokemon field.

I start walking straight out from the building towards a grassy area a fair distance in front of me with trees littered across it. My hand instinctively resting on my occupied pokeball for a moment before I remembered the rules.

The Light Forest zone is densely wooded, and the sharp tang of pine trees reaches your nose. Pine needles crunch underfoot as you walk, and colorful mushrooms pop up just about everywhere. As you venture further into the forest, the low drone of insect activity gets steadily louder.

Every once in a while, as you walk under a tree, a swift yellow shape will zip out of it and fly over to another tree, hiding itself again.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:30 am
Jishin
The Light Forest zone is densely wooded, and the sharp tang of pine trees reaches your nose. Pine needles crunch underfoot as you walk, and colorful mushrooms pop up just about everywhere. As you venture further into the forest, the low drone of insect activity gets steadily louder.

Every once in a while, as you walk under a tree, a swift yellow shape will zip out of it and fly over to another tree, hiding itself again.

I try to see what the fast yellow creature is but I moved too fast to tell. In my curiousity I look and walk in the general direction of the creature's last sighting and when it pops out again I should be able to get some idea of what it is and I'll see what tree it hides in next.

As I walk, I glance down at the safari balls and notice my red and yellow fire shirt showing through where my blue jacket doesn't meet together on my chest. It was too late the change it now but I start cursing myself for already messing up, before I even got to the safari zone.  

Trumpster

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:39 am
Trumpster
I try to see what the fast yellow creature is but I moved too fast to tell. In my curiousity I look and walk in the general direction of the creature's last sighting and when it pops out again I should be able to get some idea of what it is and I'll see what tree it hides in next.

As I walk, I glance down at the safari balls and notice my red and yellow fire shirt showing through where my blue jacket doesn't meet together on my chest. It was too late the change it now but I start cursing myself for already messing up, before I even got to the safari zone.

As you edge your way through the dense underbrush, the bright-yellow bug zips out of the tree you were just under, and you get a very clear look at it.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

With a soft drone of its wings, it darts into another pine tree just ahead. You can see its little red eyes glowing in the shadows as it watches you.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:46 am
I creap slowly forward to the tree, unhooking one of the safari balls as I go and scooping up a pine cone from the floor. All the time keeping my eyes fixed on where the pokemon was hiding, watching for any sign of movement.  

Trumpster

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:00 am
Trumpster
I creap slowly forward to the tree, unhooking one of the safari balls as I go and scooping up a pine cone from the floor. All the time keeping my eyes fixed on where the pokemon was hiding, watching for any sign of movement.

As you scoop up the pinecone, the Beedrill shifts position slightly, hovering and then resettling with a sharp buzz. It doesn't seem to quite understand what you're planning, but continues to watch you warily.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:08 pm
I notice the movement and hope that I'm close enough already.

I prepare the safari ball in one hand and lift the pine cone up with the other, launching it underarm at the hole in the tree where the pokemon is hiding.

I wait for it's responce as I bend my other arm back, preparing to throw the safari ball.  

Trumpster

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:39 pm
Trumpster
I notice the movement and hope that I'm close enough already.

I prepare the safari ball in one hand and lift the pine cone up with the other, launching it underarm at the hole in the tree where the pokemon is hiding.

I wait for it's responce as I bend my other arm back, preparing to throw the safari ball.

The pinecone hits the Beedrill with a dull *thup*. Its eyes suddenly glow a much brighter red, and its drone intensifies to a loud BUZZZZZZ.

It dives out of the tree directly at you, stingers extended!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:14 pm
In my surprise I stumble backwards on some tree roots and fall down onto the rough ground behind me, forgetting to throw the ball as I start to panic. I roll over onto my chest and start trying to crawl away along the pinecone littered ground, looking for a place to hide. I had never been attacked directly by a pokemon before and I had completely forgot my plan for catching this pokemon.  

Trumpster

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:26 am
Trumpster
In my surprise I stumble backwards on some tree roots and fall down onto the rough ground behind me, forgetting to throw the ball as I start to panic. I roll over onto my chest and start trying to crawl away along the pinecone littered ground, looking for a place to hide. I had never been attacked directly by a pokemon before and I had completely forgot my plan for catching this pokemon.

As you stumble, the Beedrill shoots directly over where you were standing and passes right on by. It doesn't manage to redirect itself in time and goes skimming off just past where you were, giving you a precious second to recover.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:56 am
I put my hands over my head as it skims by and as I look up again I notice the safari ball in my hand. Remembering my original plan but now altering it to take in the pokemon's offensive alignment, I begin to collect up more pinecones, putting two in each pocket and one in my spare hand as I keep looking around for the pokemon, wondering when it will come back for another sweep.

I don't let any pokemon get the better of me, no matter what the situation.  

Trumpster

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:04 am
The Beedrill spins quickly into a sharp turn and redirects its attention to you, soaring at you full-tilt!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:56 pm
As it comes round for another attack I wait for it to get fairly close and I throw the pinecone I have ready in my hand at it's head in an attempt to distract it from what I was about to do. Moments after I throw the pinecone, I launch the safari ball, also directed at his head. Then, just in case it didn't work, I jump down onto the floor, trying to stay low.  

Trumpster

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:17 am
Trumpster
As it comes round for another attack I wait for it to get fairly close and I throw the pinecone I have ready in my hand at it's head in an attempt to distract it from what I was about to do. Moments after I throw the pinecone, I launch the safari ball, also directed at his head. Then, just in case it didn't work, I jump down onto the floor, trying to stay low.

The pinecone strikes the Beedrill exactly where you were hoping, squarely on the head. The bug lurches unsteadily and falls to the ground, its eyes now tiny slits. The Safari Ball passes right over it.

As the ball hits the ground behind the Beedrill, it splits open and tries to draw the bug inside.

The ball twitches once ....

lets off an angry buzzing sound ....

twice ....

three times ....

DING!

You caught a Beedrill! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. It's a male, at level 20.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:15 pm
Quote:
(No problem .... Gaia's being cranky for me too. Switch off of the leon server if you get put on it ... it is SLOW ...)

The air gets more and more humid as you make your way up the hill. The ground grows softer and clings to your shoes. As you round the crest of the hill, you see a large, marshy swamp off to your right. Thick tangles of bushes and weeping willows surround it, and you smell flowers and overripe fruit along with the rich dampness of the water and wet ground. The overgrowth is so thick here that you can barely see slivers of sky.

There is a sudden splash as something jumps out of the water and then dives immediately back in. All around you, the plants rustle softly, as if you are surrounded. Perhaps you are ....

My eyes narrow to slits as I pause, quiet. Knowing the zone might be dangerous, I take a second to slip the ball back into my pocket--and slip a small set of goggles out of it. After all, this is a poison swamp; and caution might be best. Slipping them over my eyes, I take the ball from my pocket, calm my nerves, and try to inch torward the rustling in the brush...  

oGolem

Trumpster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:38 am
((Yay it worked! one unconsious bedrill xd LOL))

I watch what happens to the bedrill and after the ball has stopped moving and the area is quiet I start to slowly crawl towards the ball, keeping my eyes on it at all times.

Once I get to the ball I pick it up and look at it, impressed that it caught a pokemon that hadn't been battled, at least not by another pokemon. I hook the ball onto my belt and look around, I'm now hopelessly disorientated in the middle of the forest and I look and listen for signs of other pokemon or something to tell me what way to go.  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff