Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Fashion Advice
What makes someone Emo Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hailen is alone

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:28 pm
I think Emo is mostly about the music. But it's also about the expression. The way you express yourself, in poetry or song, or the way you dress. Some is just a cry for attention, some is just to fit in somewhere. Posers. Those that came by it naturally are the true emos, not those who followed. My poetry earned me that stereotype, and it should be earned, not adopted. Be aware that Emo is simply a music genre, and a stereotype to make you feel like you fit in somewhere. Also people say that I only "act" emo sometimes, and it's not true. Emo is about how you feel, and in order to "feel" or "act" Emo, you had to come from somewhere. Much love. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:23 pm
I think Emo is a lifestyle and an art. Music can't turn someone Emo and neither can clothes. If your Emo you just know it, it doesn't matter about how you dress or what music you like.  

Oh Snap its Kaitlin

Shameless Elocutionist

10,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Megathread 100

` T A M P O N

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:17 pm
I love Elmo, yes I do.

I love Elmo, yes it's true.

Elmo is red, Elmo is fluffy,

I love him so much I can't get enoughy.

I love Elmo, he's so cool,

I take him with me to my school,

everyone there thinks I'm mad,

but I don't care 'cos

I LOVE ELMO. heart

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:01 pm
Emo is just a state of mind. It can be about music, but not always. It's just how you look at it.  

Mykayla1313

Angel Cutter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:10 pm
Emo is emotional, so, basically, everyone is emo. some people just take it to the extreme  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:26 am
Emo is nothing but an attitude and a style of music.I think to be emo,everyone must find their inner true emo.
xEmotiveHardcorenessx  

HarajukuxBoy

BloodRoseBed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:06 pm
I guess the music

buuuut... if u want it the stereotypical way.. just hearing the ******** up "emo" song, I think that's what they called it, that was made by some retards  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:31 pm
Lalala you can't be Emo, it's only music.  

xdownwithxtheshipx

+[Bra Pirate]+

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I disagree.
It's not just the music, though that does contribute.
But it's also how they dress.
Emo. pants are a sure sign.
I think it's their choice of music mixed with how they dress that makes someone emo. or not.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:07 pm
+[Bra Pirate]+
I disagree.
I think it's their choice of music mixed with how they dress that makes someone emo. or not.

Guess what? ******** what you think biggrin Emo means Emotive Hardcore(see Hardcore Punk), not Emotional whiny teenage b***h who gets shoved into lockers at school.  

xdownwithxtheshipx

+[Bra Pirate]+

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:22 pm
bassmule
+[Bra Pirate]+
I disagree.

Guess what? ******** what you think biggrin Emo means Emotive Hardcore(see Hardcore Punk), not Emotional whiny teenage b***h who gets shoved into lockers at school.
First off, people have their different takes on what emo. means and stands for, thanks.
And second, this was an opinion, and I have the right to it.
So stick that in your juice box and suck it.
=D
Third, there aren't lockers at my school...
*shrugs*

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:50 pm
+[Bra Pirate]+
bassmule
+[Bra Pirate]+
I disagree.

First off, people have their different takes on what emo. means and stands for, thanks.
=D
*shrugs*

Lalala genre's aren't opinions, they're fact. And the fact is Emo stands for Emotive Hardcore, it has nothing to do with how people act, swishy hair or tight jeans. So your opinion is completely pointless and has no meaning.  

xdownwithxtheshipx

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:53 am
bassmule
+[Bra Pirate]+
bassmule
+[Bra Pirate]+
I disagree.

=D
*shrugs*

Lalala genre's aren't opinions, they're fact. And the fact is Emo stands for Emotive Hardcore, it has nothing to do with how people act, swishy hair or tight jeans. So your opinion is completely pointless and has no meaning.
So's yours given no one not even bands that use hardcore or emo to describe themselves, can decide on what emotive hardcore is.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:42 pm
Rellik San
bassmule
+[Bra Pirate]+
bassmule
+[Bra Pirate]+
I disagree.

=D
*shrugs*

So's yours given no one not even bands that use hardcore or emo to describe themselves, can decide on what emotive hardcore is.

If they're describing their personalities then using Hardcore or Emo would be trite, if its their sound then its fine. When was the last time you ever heard a band openly call themselves Emo? Or correctly call their band Emo for that matter?  

xdownwithxtheshipx

Balmung372

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:33 am
i felt like i was being made fun of when i heard the emo elmo song... i was like who in the world would write a song like this? but yeah, mostly about the music. I cry every time i hear some MCR songs. domokun heart domokun heart  
Fashion Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff