Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Yes! Heart Gold and Soul Silver! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Now that a week has passed... Got starters...?
  Cyndaquil
  Chikorita
  Totodile
View Results

Master_Glink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:35 pm
Quote:
I'm also at Ecruteak, But I'm trying to grind up in levels so that all my 'mon are at least level 18-20

Yep, I'm trying to accomplish the same thing over here in my games. I'll try to get them all to at least level fifteen before moving on.

Someone earlier had mentioned that Pokemon stored in the PokeWalker don't learn the moves they're supposed to when they level up. I think that might only apply if you already have a full moveset, my Sentret leveled up to five and still learned Defense Curl when it came back... confused  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:37 pm
Regulust
Y'know for the pokemon series it's weird. Every game has no real change in how it is played at all, and the games are pretty much all the same but I can't help but buy them when they come out. lol

Strategy in the games changed quite a bit with the physical/special move split this generation.

Also, did the last few games have a Poke'athelon? I think NOT.  

Sir Codin

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:10 pm
Today's achievements:

Caught a Scyther and a Ditto. Nicknamed the Ditto "Hooker" and you can now pretty much guess the main reason why I caught him.

Said...activities with the Ditto has gained me a new Scyther with the Technician ability. (He will become a Scizor once I get Metal Coat and an extra DS). The activities have also given me two additional Eevee.

Beat Morty. ******** most his team over with Nidorino learning Shadow Claw. His Gengar was a b***h, but he got his in the end. Close battle though; each of us was down to only one Pokemon left at the end of the match. Fortunately Pidgeotto's Sand-Attacks on his Haunter gave just enough opportunity for Quilava to deal the finishing blow.

Saved in Olivine City. Rival is still as much of a douche as ever. Jasmine is still as caring as ever.

Current Team Status:

Quilava, Lv. 23
Sudowoodo, Lv. 22
Scyther, Lv. 21
Pidgeotto, Lv. 22
Nidorino, Lv. 22
Eevee, Lv. 25  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:05 pm
So far I've done some trekking in Ilex Forest I traded over my second special Pichu from Pearl.

I'm looking forward to giving Whitney's Miltank one good Shoryuken. I just hope Buneary's defense will stand up to it.

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Sir Codin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:13 pm
TtheHero
So far I've done some trekking in Ilex Forest I traded over my second special Pichu from Pearl.

I'm looking forward to giving Whitney's Miltank one good Shoryuken. I just hope Buneary's defense will stand up to it.

I used Onix as a wall against Whitney. High Defense + Screech two times + Rock Smash = ******** you, Miltank.

Afterwards, I replaced Onix with Sudowoodo on my team as a physical wall.

He's got almost as much defense, but he can also hit harder. Quick Claw somewhat compensates for it's horrendous speed as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:07 pm
Well, not a bad day for me overall. Got about half of my Pokemon to level ten, thinking of lowering the cap to that before I face Falkner. I now have an ace in the hole, since I traded one of my Bellsprout in-game for an Onix, that once trained will probably give me a great advantage against Falkner. Although, if I remember from the old days, he did use a few ground attacks and swagger which could introduce a weak point in my strategy.

I also managed to make a Awesome signature for my trainer card, one I can truly be proud show. Tomorrow I might make a similar design for my Silver version. cool  

Master_Glink

The Awkwardest Turtle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:39 pm
Aaaggghhhh I wont be able to play until Saturday. D:

I preordered and everything but I'm halfway across the country right now.
(Got my dad to pick it up for me so Gamestop wont sell my copy to someone else like I know they would D< )

aaaggghhhhhhhh I WANT MY TOTODILE AND MY LUGIA FIGURINE AND MY STUPID POKEWALKER THING AND AAAHHHHGGG  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:58 pm
Master_Glink
Well, not a bad day for me overall. Got about half of my Pokemon to level ten, thinking of lowering the cap to that before I face Falkner. I now have an ace in the hole, since I traded one of my Bellsprout in-game for an Onix, that once trained will probably give me a great advantage against Falkner. Although, if I remember from the old days, he did use a few ground attacks and swagger which could introduce a weak point in my strategy.

I also managed to make a Awesome signature for my trainer card, one I can truly be proud show. Tomorrow I might make a similar design for my Silver version. cool

I beat Falkner today; he swapped Mud-Slap for Roost, and I don't remember him ever using Swagger.
Onix was how I beat him. Screech and Rock Throw work wonders against flying-types.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:50 pm
Y'know I never actually played the 2nd or 3rd gen of pokemon.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:47 pm
Today's achievements so far:

Beat Chuck. My Scyther with Technician ability, Agility, Fury Cutter, Cut, and Wing Attack made him pathetically easy, despite Scyther being at level 26 at the time. I feel like I'm progressing too fast, so I'm gonna slow down and work on my team some more before I fight cute, sweethearted Jasmine.

Got Waterstone after doing Poke'athelon several times. Saving it until Eevee learns Baton Pass.

Got a Moon Stone from my Mom. I now have a Nidoking; moves are Shadow Claw, Surf, Thunder, and Double Kick. He'll be a pretty good mixed sweeper.

That's about it. Today's my busiest day in college, plus I still need to finish some assignments before Friday.

Team Status:

Quilava, Lv. 26
Scyther, Lv. 28
Pidgeotto, Lv. 24
Sudowoodo, Lv. 23
Eevee, Lv. 26
Nidoking, Lv. 22  

Sir Codin

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:00 pm
Well just beat Morty, now I'm off to Olivine city.

I should try to raise my other pokemon up to level 20 at the least.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:03 pm
Man I can't wait for the chance to get a Flying Pikachu.  

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Master_Glink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:31 pm
TtheHero
I can't wait for my chance at all of them, I've never had a flying or surfing one before. Will the course be distributed everywhere, or do you need to go to a store? I saw a notice of it earlier, but it just mentioned Wi-Fi, which I assume is anywhere and not a particular place like a Gamestop.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:08 pm
TtheHero

Wat?  

Sir Codin

Master_Glink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:22 pm
Lord of Armageddon
TtheHero

Wat?

He's referring to this route: Yellow Forest

To be released soon on HGSS.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out